ASHLEY SPIVEY’S BACHELOR PAD BLOG: FINALE

Wow, this season sure did go by fast and I have to admit that I don’t have as much fun blogging for Bachelor Pad as I do for Bach/Bachelorette! I think it’s because I know a lot of the competitors and I’m always a little scared to make fun of them! Regardless, everyone has been a great sport this season (even you Chris) and it definitely was an entertaining season! Let’s get onto the show!

Oh Lindzi, Lindzi, Lindzi! Did you find that self-tanner that you abused on Ben’s season? Put the bottle down girlfriend!

I have no words. NONE!

Is it just me or does Erica Rose not look super amazing? Girlfriend looks more rejuvenated and refreshed than when her younger self was on her season of the Bachelor! It’s like she’s aging in reverse! I’m also loving her real hair!

Some of the recaps from the season were hilarious! Blakeley has some of the best quotes, bless her heart! I’m going to have to start saying this!

I felt really sad for Lindzi whenever Erica Rose said that Kalon was gallivanting about with other ladies. I don’t know if Lindzi has that much faith in Kalon or if she was just putting on a brave face, but it was kinda like she didn’t hear what Erica said!

First up in the hot seat is Michael who catches a bunch of $h!t for his handling of the Rachel situation.

I think that Michael did a good job of explaining the situation but that scene between him and Erica Rose did look a little like he was leading her on.

However, Michael is my friend and Rachel is too, so it’s a little hard for me to be impartial in this situation. I wish that Michael would have made his intentions a little more clear. Maybe he would have if he had gotten to stay on Pad longer?

Man, the superfans really got shut out of facetime during the show right? Donna’s boobies were pretty much featured more than anyone!

Jaclyn takes up for Rachel during Michael’s hot seat interview and informs him and everyone else that Rachel isn’t ok despite Michael’s insistence that she is. I can attest to that – she was pretty heartbroken.

Look, I don’t think she was expecting a ring – however, I think she had a lot of faith in him to do the right thing and she was let down.

By the end of Michael’s conversation with Chris Harrison, you can totally tell that dude is feeling pretty defeated. Michael may have won Bachelor Pad 2 but he definitely got his butt handed to him by Bachelor Pad 3. Bless his heart!

Jaclyn’s up next in the hot seat where she admits that she likes Ed, she isn’t over Rachel’s decision, and she thinks that she was the most powerful person in the house.

I wish Jaclyn could bottle up her confidence and sell it!

Chris didn’t have a lot to say during the interview but I like to think that he said this.

And then Michael totally agreed with Chris as he wondered how in the hell he got himself into this situation!

Blakeley was next up in the hot seat and does anyone else think that Tony stares at her like he wants to eat her? It’s totally cute and a little creepy but I love it! Maybe she is an emotional banana sandwich that’s always making Tony hungry!

Blakeley reflects on hating Chris and Jamie agrees but the both of them totally still hate each other.

Remember when Blakeley called Tony a “domesticated man?” Well she also called him “percautious” and I’d like to know what in the hell that is?

Ryan makes a brief appearance when Jamie admits that she never wanted to be a team with him. Ouch! Maybe Nick and Jamie should have been partners?

Jamie also gets into an argument with Jaclyn and calls her fake. Jaclyn responds by calling her socially awkward, which is one of the worst things someone can say about you. Especially when you are dressed as Urban Pocahontas.

Blakeley tells everyone that Tony makes her feel like she has never felt.

I can’t tell if Chris Harrison is in disbelief for much of this convo or if he is trying really hard not to laugh.

Then Tony and Blakeley make an announcement to say that they are moving in together and Blakeley is moving to Oregon!

But hold up…

Then Tony proposes and she says yes!

Then Blakeley realizes that she will finally have cable tv and she is the happiest woman in the world that still doesn’t know what a donkey punch is.

I’m with ya Harrison!

The two final couples come out and you can tell that Chris and Sarah don’t look that confident!

Rachel immediately asks Michael to explain himself.

Michael has learned by this point that it is easier/better to keep quiet on the subject. He’ll only do more harm than good at this point.

Nick looks really agitated during the whole Rachel/Michael exchange and I start to get really worried for Rachel at this point.

I also start to get pretty worried about Michael because he looks so devastated and defeated!

I’m also getting a little bored by this point so I started giving pictures fake captions!

Nick keeps reiterating that he did everything on his own or by himself and I’m screaming at the tv for Rachel to choose keep.

Not that I don’t think that Nick deserved the money – he totally did what was right for him. However, I think it should have been obvious to Rachel at this point that Nick was going to go rogue.

Chris tries to apologize to everyone and admit that the game took over his mind and made him act out of character.

It also made me a little sad to hear how his family responded. I can’t even imagine disappointing my parents like that. I would be a mess!

However, Jamie isn’t buying Chris’ act at all and she even tells him that Emily was fortunate to dodge the Chris bullet. Why? Because Chris would be a horrible father to Ricki! Ouch!

As much crap as I give CBEF, I think that this comment was really below the belt.

Jaclyn asks Rachel why she decided to screw her and Ed over.

Rachel admits that it was more Nick’s idea than her own.

Jaclyn’s walls come tumbling down as you can see her forgive her friend – which was a totally cute moment btw.

Blakeley actually brings up a good point by reminding CBEF that he pissed off a lot of people and now those people will cast votes for anyone other than him.

Grown@$$ men don’t really think things through sometimes!

But then Chris encourages people to vote for Sarah and to take him out of the equation. It’s not a totally ploy – everyone that voted for Nick and Rachel were definitely voting for Rachel and not Nick.

OMG – I forgot about the twins!!! Why didn’t we get to hear them screech at all during the finale?

Voting begins and pretty much everyone but Kalon, Dave, and Erica Rose vote for Nick and Rachel.

Sarah’s face during the voting process was totally cracking me up.

Eek!

Totally kidding! I think Blony is really cute and they seem totally in love!

I have to say that Nick and Rachel’s body language was very telling during the finale. He rarely ever looked at her or touched her. If Rachel had more intuition and less heart she would have totally picked up on this.

If I was Rachel, I would have picked keep just to eff over Nick and give everyone else the money. But I’m also a little vindictive. ;)

When Rachel picked share, you could totally see the relief and joy on Nick’s face.

When Nick launches into his “I’m an Army of One” speech, you can see all the hope drain from her face. I thought this part was heartbreaking.

I felt really conflicted about Nick during his little speech. Part of me agreed that it must have sucked to be such a non-issue for much of the game. However, I think it would have been nice of him to admit that he got all of the votes because of Rachel. He did owe her a little.

This was seriously the most shocking ending ever in Bachelor franchise history!!!!

I’m still coming to terms with how I feel about the ending. Because I love Rachel to death, I totally wanted her to win 250K. However, at the end of the day, it is a game and Nick just looked out for himself. I could never do something like that, but I can’t hate someone for doing it.

However, I do wish that he would have been a little nicer to Rachel after he made his decision. Rachel is one of the nicest people ever and she didn’t deserve that.

How sad did Michael look after Nick won? I’m sure he was at least hoping that 125K would help Rachel forget about him!

I think the thing that bothered Rachel is that she felt like they had formed a partnership in the end and over the past couple of months since the show ended. Rachel is a very trusting person and I think she thought she could hold Nick to his word. For all we know, Nick could have promised to share and then maybe producers or a friend got into his head?

I was also a little surprised by the audience. Rachel had some of the loudest applause of any one there and the audience abandoned her after the decision. It was like all the ladies said in the beginning – “Nick who?” But after he won he looked a million times hotter and everyone loves a sugar daddy! (Sarcasm)

At the end of the day, Nick made the right decision for him and he has to live with it. We can debate all day about if it was right or not but it’s pretty useless! Hopefully, future Bachpad contestants will use this as a lesson. TRUST NO ONE!

So what did y’all think of the episode? Do you think Kalon and Lindzi had a huge fight later that night? Did Michael handle the situation poorly? Was Jaclyn the true winner of Bachpad? Are Blakeley and Tony gonna make it? Where the heck were Ed and the Superfans? Do you agree with Nick’s decision?

I’ve had a blast blogging with y’all for Bachelor Pad and hopefully I’ll be right back in January for the next season of the Bachelor! Who do y’all think it will be? I have to admit that I was always a huge Arie fan but after meeting Sean – I absolutely adore him! I really hope that he’s the next Bachelor!

See you all next year and check out my other blog, http://www.saynotocosmo.com, for more Bachelor and Bachelorette news, relationships advice, and some other random musings from me!

1. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Best one yet! Laughing so hard- gonna miss your blog woman!

Comment by Natalie Getz — September 12, 2012 @ 11:17 am

2. Ashley go to Hades! So negitive on Nick…You have nothing! A looser BF, and no money..Nick has a Q million bucks..you have some blog that makes you peanuts. He played the game to perfection and WON!!!!! I’m sure if Nick was in your aera youd hook up with him ASAP and cheat on your gay ass BF that looks like he is feminine and cant hold a conversation. Cheers NICK!!! LOVE IT!!!! And go to hell Ashley S!

Comment by Yayman25 — September 12, 2012 @ 11:25 am

3. Also Nick is very good looking. Im in the gay community and have both male and female friends..and they all said..WTF why is Nick without a partner?? He is-was the best looking dude in the house.

Comment by Yayman25 — September 12, 2012 @ 11:28 am

4. OMG You have the best blog ever! LOLZ!

Comment by Shawn Willoughby — September 12, 2012 @ 11:31 am

5. But I love peanuts!!!!!

And I love looser people! They are much more loose than normal people. Tight people are boring.

See ya later! I’m vacationing in Hades this week! So fun!

Ps – love you Natalie ;)

Comment by Ashley Spivey — September 12, 2012 @ 11:35 am

6. Haters gonna hate. Love your blog Ashley and can’t wait to see more in January!

Comment by Crystal — September 12, 2012 @ 11:39 am

7. Great Blog!!!! We love you Ashley!! I agree with Nick’s decision. I think Michael is a smuck for leading Rachael on and being so rude to have a long distant girlfriend in Chicago. I hope Kalon and Lindzi make it. I think Jaclyn needs to learn to bite her lip. Congrats to Tony and Blakely.

Comment by B-Fan — September 12, 2012 @ 11:40 am

8. first of all, Yayman, back off! why would you get so personal (and misspell loser)? Ashley didn’t say that Nick shouldn’t have done what he did, she was just saying that Rachel is her friend and that SHE would not have made the decision Nick did.

Love reading your blogs Ashley! Can you teach me how to screen grab?

Comment by Lara — September 12, 2012 @ 11:40 am

9. Did anyone else think Nick had on too much foundation?? I was kinda hoping Jamie would win the money to buy a new wardrobe!

Comment by Heather — September 12, 2012 @ 11:41 am

10. I especially agree with what Kalon said “no one deserves it”. It’s true. the winner is the one who is at the end with whatever strategy worked for them. In this case, Nick won and he played a very good game. All the entitlement is ridiculous and for Nick to call it like it is was the real deal. Rachel didn’t deserve the money just because she suffered a heartbreak. She skated by just like Nick did only she didn’t fly completely under the radar.

I, too, loved how Erica looked.

yayaman25 needs to eat a bag of dicks.

Comment by Cynthia — September 12, 2012 @ 11:41 am

11. i died laughing at “HELP! My necklace is choking me!”

seriously hilarious.

Comment by ec — September 12, 2012 @ 11:41 am

12. I will miss your recaps just as much as my Monday night “trash tv” sessions. As funny as ever!

Comment by Kendall — September 12, 2012 @ 11:43 am

13. Also, If I was Rachel, Nick would have to buy a new nose with that money he won.

Comment by Heather — September 12, 2012 @ 11:43 am

14. Great vacation Ashley S! Nick won..your jelious,,as most qomewn are…..enjoy your vacation..and may you burn for your hatred. This is a game…Nick played it so damn good..and made BP worth wathcing! Natalia Getz…..haaaa LOl she could have taken that smuck for 125K more…Yeah she is someone to look up to. I like winners….not people who are politically correct. Natalia G…she sits at home with 90K cash (after taxes) And wonders why she didnt say KEEP…….and has to work…
    Ashley stick to the show Bachelor….and stop putting winners like NICK down…he won fair and square!

Comment by Yayman25 — September 12, 2012 @ 11:43 am

15. I am still sick to my stomach from Nick’s decision and the fact that he was so cocky and nasty to Rachel. He had that stupid look on his face and acted like she did something to him. His ego was hurt because no one liked him and he didn’t get any attention from woman (except Donna). I never liked him when he was on the Bachelorette anyway. He did not play the perfect game. He got lucky and then was able to talk Rachel into voting out Ed and Jaclyn.

Loved your comment about Tony being hungry for Blakely’s banana sandwich, lol! So happy for them! Michael disappointed me. Not sure about Kalon and Lindzi…

Comment by Tracey — September 12, 2012 @ 11:45 am

16. Well, that was a pretty immature posting. Ashley actually had nothing negative to say about Nick, and actually said he played the game in a smart way. If Ashley is “nothing” then why are you taking time to follow her life, her ‘looser’ boyfriend, and read her blog? I’m never one to comment, but what’s with all of the negativity?

I love following you and your blog Ashley! You totally made the season more enjoyable and I hope you blog next season too!

-Grace

Comment by Grace — September 12, 2012 @ 11:46 am

17. I started laughing IMMEDIATELY!! Hilarious! Long time til January to wait for your funny blog again… now I have the SADZZZ! :D

Comment by KeriL — September 12, 2012 @ 11:49 am

18. I went to the finale and was appalled! i didn’t understand how everyone was cheering. At one point they were even chanting Nick’s name. I think i was the only person in there still sitting while everyone stood up and cheered. I dont understand how someone can give their word and turn on it like that?! I understand that we played a good game by staying under the radar and out of the drama…and that we did what he came to do…but how can a decent human being do that to someone?! it was just so greedy. Money really makes people ugly, and my heart goes out to Rachel! At least she walked out with her dignity and true friends.

Comment by Sara Moy — September 12, 2012 @ 11:50 am

19. I think nick made the best decision. It seems like youre only sticking up for Rachel because you are friends with her and know her personally. But for the millions of viewers who watched the show, this might sound harsh, but Rachel was so annoying all season. Yes, what Michael did was messed up and he did lead her on, so with that I feel bad for Rachel. HOWEVER, they were on the show together for like 10 days, and for Rachel to feel like her whole world has just crashed and burned just because Michael was no longer on the show with her anymore was so immature and shows Rachel’s insecurity. The way she acted after michael left the show was straight up ridiculous and I couldnt help but roll my eyes. And its one thing to just be a sobbing mess, but at least try to think of others in the house. She almost left the house and only stayed (from what i saw on tv) was because her best friend convinced her, but probably more so because Michael (her whole world after knowing him for a little over a week) wanted her to stay. She was so rude to Nick, made no effort what so ever to be his friend or a good partner to him, so Nick played the game and won the money.

Comment by Katie — September 12, 2012 @ 11:51 am

20. First of all, this “Yayman” character is obviously not part of any kind of “gay community” if he is using “gay” as a derogatory term to describe your BF. Anyway, loved this blog and I agree with you– Nick made the best decision for him, even if the rest of us can’t imagine doing it ourselves. So glad someone called out Pocahontas. Seriously, bedazzling your face has never been and will never be okay.

Comment by Megan — September 12, 2012 @ 11:52 am

21. Grace- Her BF if you follow her is some smuck that was unemployleyd for years, and then worked some mediocer job. He has no education worthwhile..And makes at best wages a HS dropout makes. And 1 bottle of beer more with this dude he would be on an AA list. Compairded to Brad Womack or Nick the guy she has is a total loser. Her life I dont f-ing care. She aint Miss USA.

Comment by Yayman25 — September 12, 2012 @ 11:53 am

22. Ashley,

Love your blogs! But I hope you can help me understand something since you know these people. Jaclyn was so angry with Rachel for not taking her and Ed with them to the finals. She said Rachel was a terrible friend for that choice. However, it seems to me that Jaclyn was the bad friend. She was expecting Rachel take her and Ed to the finals which would be essentially Rachel “giving” her and Ed the $250,00. We all know Ed and Rachel would have won it over Nick and Rachel. If my best friend and I got that far in a game like that I would never expect my friend to give up the money for me. That is ridiculous and very selfish. The only way I could have done that was to agree to give my friend (Rachel in this case) half of my winnings once it was over. I’m just confused with Jaclyn thinking that her friendship to Rachel should be worth $125,000 or more.

The other thing is does Rachel not remember how she said over and over that she didn’t care about the money? I am sure Nick didn’t forget that. Then, when the poor guy had to watch all the awful things everyone said about him I can’t say that I blame him for choosing keep. I heard he had an interview stating that if he had had a close partner like some of the others that he would have definitely picked share. I don’t know about that, but I do know that if I was made to feel like a nobody and my “partner” said she didn’t care about the money I would have picked “keep” too. He acted like an ass afterwards, but I still get his decision.

Would love your opinion on those two things…By the way, I LOVE your blog and it makes me crack up every time I read it. You are very, very funny :)

Comment by Lori in Tampa — September 12, 2012 @ 11:53 am

23. Ok let me clear this up. Yes I am closer to Rachel but I actually did not take a side in this blog. I think that he could have been nicer but that isn’t a comment on the way he voted. Please read the facts before you accuse me of something I didn’t do! Thank you to the people who did read it and understand it!

Comment by Ashley Spivey — September 12, 2012 @ 11:54 am

24. Gross –Yayman is Natalie impersonating a troll? Is that what Ashley was saying? These reality people are just sad.

I agree –go, Nick!

Comment by Pink — September 12, 2012 @ 11:58 am

25. Ashley, please. You know you want to say it. Jamie was wearing a thong on her head.

Looking forward to your blog in January! Someone please delete the crazy guy!

Comment by Dave's Stalker — September 12, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

26. Hmm. Yayman25, I respect that you have an opinion, it is your right as an American. Also, though, education is another right as an American, and I don’t think you should spoil one right by refusing to acknowledge another… It is super hard to take someone seriously when they are spewing the “hatred” they are accusing someone else of harboring and when they cannot spell correctly and do not use proper grammar. Something to think about… Words sting more when people aren’t laughing at your abysmal disregard for proper spelling. Also, get a life.

Comment by Branddy — September 12, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

27. First off, thanks for the entertainment Ashley, this blog is great!

First off, I’m happy that Nick won. The main person he should thank is Erica Rose (even though she didn’t vote for him).

He did win by himself. If it weren’t for him then Jacklyn & Ed would’ve won.

He could’ve been nicer to Rachel at the end. However, he was on the defensive and when someone’s being defensive they’re rarely nice.

Kalon said it best, people don’t know what deserve means.

Comment by WooHoo — September 12, 2012 @ 12:17 pm

28. I don’t know. I don’t think Rachel necessarily helped him get the votes – the reason you say he owed her (that people voted for them because of Rachel). I think a huge factor is that people wanted to vote against Chris. So, if Nick had been partners with just about any girl, he would’ve gotten the votes just because Chris was who they were up against.

Having said that, they did win as a team, so I think he should have shared it.

Comment by PGH — September 12, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

29. Ashley,

Great Blog! I find myself on Tuesday’s checking to see when you post it. You put a fun twist to the show. Thank you for taking them time out of your day to do such a great blog!

Haters are going to hate. Just jealous that if they attempted something simiular they wouldn’t have half your audience.

Nick is a rockstar! He did do everything on his own and deserved the reward. He should of been a little bit more humbled towards Rachel. There’s a time and place to show boat..

Comment by Jessica — September 12, 2012 @ 12:26 pm

30. Ok yaman??? Really?? So immature… You should talk about someone not being educated!!! (sarcasm added). Ashley, great review of bp3. Was not a nick fan on Ashley’s season and def not a nick fan on bp3. Greed gets you nowhere…

Comment by Rach — September 12, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

31. This is what’s sad: GONNA MISS YOUR BLOG SO MUCH!
    LOVE it as always Ashley. Hilarious!!! I can’t even pick a favorite caption of yours because I love them all. Grown @ss men certainly forget to think things through sometimes. Lesson people: You don’t want to embarass your families when on tv.

Anyway.
    CONGRATS TO NICK!
    The smartest thing Kalon ever said: NOBODY deserved that money .
    I actually hoped for someone who is not a part of an alliance to win for once.
    Nicks argument’s were spot on, and Jaclyn and Rachel’s juvenile words about Nick all the time would have made me do the same. Rachel and Jaclyn might be honest people and tell stuff to your face than behind your back, but they have been the definition of “mean girls” on this show.
    (I know if you know them and they are friends with you you probably like them, and I understand.)
    And to Rachel: if you picked Ed and Jaclyn like you wanted to you would be without any money, so might as well try to pretend like that happened?
    I’m supporting Nick 100%! It is like he was bullied a little by “the popular gang” and got his payback now.
    Well played Nick and totally deserved in my opinion.

Btw how are they talking about watching “the last episode when Jaclyn and Rachel talked about Nick not deserving to be there” when spoilers came out long while ago?

P.S. Once again I will miss your funny captions Ashley! I’ll stop by your saynotocosmo.com blog, while waiting for another Bachelor to air. ;)
    Have a great vacation!

Comment by SJ — September 12, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

32. Thank you Ashley for your insights. You are appreciated by 99% of the community, and hated by the 1% “loosers” who feel the need to be so negative. Perhaps the mouthy one on here knows something about Nick and his lack of having a girlfriend. And therefore is hoping to connect with him.

The sad thing I found with Nick’s attitude on the finale was that “he did it all on his own”. BS, if it hadnt been for Rachel’s contribution to the final challenge they would not have been there. If it had not been for the votes that were made on Rachel’s behalf they would not have had to make the decision.

I feel the votes should be for individuals, with the votes combined for the pair to decide the winner. And then the person with the most votes on the winning team decides “Keep” or “Share”.

And even with that scenario Nick would have received $125,000.

Comment by Divr — September 12, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

33. I did read your blog, and youre right you didnt pick a direct side. I just wanted to comment that I think your feelings on this situation can be a little swayed because you know Rachel personally. Being a little nicer would have been the more noble thing for Nick to do for sure. But I cant say that I blame him for acting that way. Why should he be all nice to Rachel, when she has been a complete Beezy to him all season. It doesnt help that she was calling him names and cursing at him after he revealed his decision. Im sure it was hard for Nick to be compassionate towards her when she was acting that way.

Comment by Katie — September 12, 2012 @ 12:30 pm

34. Hey Yayman25–Try using proper spelling and grammar, and I might take you a bit more seriously. Spell check. Google it.

Comment by Jen — September 12, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

35. I can’t get over how Jaclyn manipulates her friends. If she and Ed would have made it to the finals she would have been complaining that they deserved the money and that Rachael did not. I hope Rachael see’s this. If I were Rachael, I would not want a friend like Jaclyn.

Comment by OMG — September 12, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

36. Also by taking a glance at other’s comments I agree that most would have voted agains Chris anyway. Maybe Nick could have been more considerate, but maybe if Rachel was in that partnership from the get go and treat her partner better without him having to beg her to stay or to choose by tactics. Maybe in the end her not getting the money is better for her and Jacyn’s friendship. And that seemed to be more important for her if she was speaking the truth.

Comment by SJ — September 12, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

37. woah woah woah.. natalie is “gonna miss your blog” ?! does this mean you’re not blogging anymore? NOT OKAY!

Comment by maggie — September 12, 2012 @ 12:36 pm

38. Ashley you are the shit! I laughed out loud several times. Is Jamie really delusional? Did someone not stop her walking out on stage? I think Nick was AWESOME. He was crapped on the whole BP. The end part was too staged for me. THe show ended and Nick just gets up and leaves??? There’s a limo waiting for him? WTF? It just didn’t seem legit to me. I did feel a tiny tiny bit bad for Eagle man. I knew his Mama and sister weren’t going to appreciate the skanks he was sleeping with. What’s with Sarah she always looks loaded? Ed…grow up.
    Jaclyn I was sooo tired of hearing her whine. UGH!
    Anyhow..your blog was funny and true! See you on twitter!

Comment by Irun_too — September 12, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

39. @Branddy-I agree 100%. @Yayman25- If you can’t even spell and use proper grammar, then you have no room to talk. At least Ashley and her bf can spell and know when to use “good” and when to use “well.” You sound more like a HS dropout to me. lol. Also, how the hell would you know how much money he makes? Are you his banker? Didn’t think so. OMG NICK HAS 250K! OMG. Yeah, and he also has a ton of people against him now. Ashley, on the other hand, has many loyal fans and a boyfriend who, no matter what you think or say, she loves and who loves her back. I’d rather being loved and respected than have all the money in the world. Go eat a bag of dicks, dude. @Ashley-Great blog as usual! You did a good job of looking at both sides of the situation (i.e. Rachel’s side and Nick’s side). I didn’t find anything too negative and anyone who does is just looking too closely. Thanks for all your hard work! :) Have a fabulous week!

Comment by Beth Holler — September 12, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

40. Ashley, you are one funny lady. Nice work. The most entertaining recap blog out there. I lost it several times reading today’s blog. Personal favorite: when Blakely finally realizes she’s getting cable. BAHAHA.

And to Yayman25, you’ll be taken more seriously if you give spell check a try. I think we can already assume you dropped out of school in 5th grade.

Comment by old lady — September 12, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

41. Great blog Ashley!! Thanks so much for taking time to post every week :)

I do not agree with Nick’s decision. Maybe I am just an over emotional person, but I felt SOOOOO sorry for Rachel, especially because the majority of the votes were for her and not for Nick. To come that far and honestly trust somebody that says they are going to share the money than have him totally go back on his word saying that he won himself. I really don’t feel that he did win by himself because if he wasn’t Rachel’s partner he would have been voted off the next chance given. The won the final competition TOGETHER as a team. I lost SO much respect for Nick and I do understand it’s a game but still think he should have picked Share. However him picking keep did make for one crazy finale. My heart goes out to Rachel for dealing with that and the Michael drama.

see you back in January for bachelor! I hope it’s Sean too!

Comment by Andrea — September 12, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

42. Oh Ashley – how I wish you were blogging Bachelor Canada. I’m going to miss your recaps! Thanks for keeping me entertained with the US versions and I’ll be back to read them in January. (Seriously though, I wish there was a way to convince the Canadian producers to get you copies of our version so you could recap them.)

Comment by AJ — September 12, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

43. I never liked Nick from day one of Ashley’s season. Cant put a finger on it just never did. Then on TMTA he was soooo weird. Seemed like he was all hyped up or on speed. So strange. And i loved when William put him in his place that night. Nick kept talking like he was all it. It was great when everyone laughed at him. So I wasn’t a fan at all. And to me this just confirmed he is an idiot. He was nothing without Rachel. And in a month nobody will care and he will have to live with being a greedy jack ass forever. I love your blog as usual Ashley. And without Arie as bachelor I could care less who is.

Comment by Becca — September 12, 2012 @ 12:58 pm

44. Just discovered this blog. So funny! I will tune in here for the next Bach season… whatever it may be. :)

Comment by Jen — September 12, 2012 @ 1:01 pm

45. Wait, seriously, Ashley says she saw it coming with Nick before it happened? But wait, everyone in the BP group was stunned, as clearly revealed in their facial expressions — in fact they all gaped in utter shock. Yet, we learn from the wise blogger that she knew it would happen…and what’s more, she claims Rachel should have known this was coming from Nick too? Egad, what a bunch of crap.

Comment by Kate — September 12, 2012 @ 1:01 pm

46. I love how someone with a 1st grade level of spelling is calling someone else uneducated. (I’m looking at you Yayman25)

Ashley S. you are one of a kind and I adore your blogs and tweets! I think Nick is a complete douche but I respect the fact that you are acknowledging his game play. Either way I think he has been hit in the head with a barbell too many times.

Wish we could have seen more of Ed. Really glad we didn’t hear more of the twins!

Comment by Journey — September 12, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

47. Wow–I think Yayman ate one too many emotional banana sandwiches? Ease up, little guy! Ashley I love your blog, waiting until January will be torture. Thanks for all the great recaps & laughs this season!

PS: I think you & Scott are adorable! Ya’ll seem so happy together! I think I’m a Wheatvey shipper?!

Comment by Allison — September 12, 2012 @ 1:05 pm

48. Well now my coworkers think there’s something wrong with me because I keep laughing at my desk ;) Fantastic blog!

Anyone notice that Lindzi (tan mom) has the exact same expression in every single picture?? Even when Nick picked keep and they’re all shocked, she looks the exact same.

Comment by LD — September 12, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

49. As mentioned by some, I totally don’t get Jaclyn’s outrage at what Nick did, considering how upset she was at not being picked for the final, especially since she expected to win over Rachel, therefore also leaving her with no money.

While Nick could have been a little more compassionate about it, I still fully get his choice. I also do feel super bad for Rachel, she had a tough game between that and Michael. But in the context of this game, Nick won – fair and square.

Ashley – love your blogs they are great!!

Comment by Xederya — September 12, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

50. Wowza, this call for bullying over someone who had a couple of errors in their comments is a laugh. There have been errors in this blog, not to mention what we saw when the BP contestants couldn’t spell vocab words from middle school.

Comment by Who can't spell? — September 12, 2012 @ 1:15 pm

51. Kalon nailed it… none of the deserved it.
    but, like Jaclyn said…the only reason he won was b/c everyone loved Rachel.

it would suck to havey your heart broken and lose money that looked like a sure thing (she even said later that he promised they’d both pick “share”). But everyone was hoping that she’d do the exact thing he did (Jaclyn said that).
    i just felt he was a total douche about it. I used to like Nick. He lacked class.

Jamie makes me feel awkward and sad inside. Like, i can’t even look at her for too long. I can’t put my finger on it. but it was really bad

Comment by kendra — September 12, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

52. “It’s not a totally ploy” — OH NO, ASHLEY HAS A TYPO IN HER BLOG. Hypocrite?!

Comment by Ooopsie — September 12, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

53. @Kate- It’s called Hindsight Bias. I’m sure Ashley didn’t necessarily know Nick was going to win beforehand, but looking back after the fact at everything that happened it became probably became obvious to her. I’m sure I’ve had a time where I thought “Gee, I don’t know what is going to happen” and then after I saw what happened I then thought “I totally knew that was going to happen.” It’s just the way our brain works. It’s not like she had some secret information. She didn’t go to the taping of the finale so she couldn’t have known until a few days ago ( when she got the dvd early so she could watch it and then have time to write this blog) who won.

Comment by Beth Holler — September 12, 2012 @ 1:24 pm

54. Ashley, you should consider a required standardized test before allowing anyone to comment on your blog. Remedial English should be a given this day and age, but reading your various (unwarranted) comments I would say that is taking things for granted. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that someone clearly can’t grasp the meaning of “I don’t blame the guy, I just wouldn’t do it myself” when they spell a laundry list of elementary words incorrectly. Guess it’s a good thing Yayman wasn’t competing on the show during the spelling challenge (Blakely probably would have donkey punched him 3 words in). I love your blog. You are hilarious and refreshing, it is seriously my lunch time escape every Tuesday or Wednesday. I wish you the best!

Comment by Allison — September 12, 2012 @ 1:27 pm

55. Slamming Rachel for not seeing it coming is not hindsight. Poor Rachel – she’s had enough grief without being told by viewers (who read spoilers) that she should have known Nick would betray her. No one saw it coming except Nick.

Comment by @Beth — September 12, 2012 @ 1:29 pm

56. Allison, girls don’t give donkey punches, guys do. You just discredited yourself.

Comment by Ashley2 — September 12, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

57. People. Please don’t start joking about the donkey punch. It is often used in rape. Hitting people during the act is disgusting. Please look it up before you start degrading women by making light of this horrible act. Would you laugh about rape? C’mon we are mostly girls on here – let’s not degrade ourselves or make such acts acceptable by joking around about them.

Comment by Women deserve respect — September 12, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

58. I am not joking about the DP just to be clear. I agree that it is heinous and it shouldn’t even be featured on this blog.

Comment by Ashley2 — September 12, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

59. what is a jelious qomewn???

Comment by Nicole — September 12, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

60. Best blog by far about the finale! I felt very similar to the way you did about everything. I’ve always been a huge Rachel fan (and always will be) so both the heartbreak over Michael and the ending with Nick were hard for me to watch. That being said I’ve loved Michael since Jillian’s season so I feel torn. I totally know how Rachel feels. I think most people do. And I think we’ve all also been the one to have to end something that we don’t see going anywhere. So because of this I still love them both because I do think it was hard for both of them. I don’t think Michael is a mean spirited person… It just wasn’t right for them. I have no doubt that Rachel will find someone amazing to be with and then they all live happily ever after. Nick, Nick, Nick… I think the reason I was so upset about this is because again I love Rachel but I also couldn’t understand it at all. And I think that’s because I don’t think I could ever do that to someone. And then the way he acted after he did it? It seemed heartless. Not cool. Anyways – amazing blog! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts when the new bachelor is announced!!

Comment by Candice — September 12, 2012 @ 1:50 pm

61. LOL Ooopsie. You’re right — Ashley has typos in her blog. I also noticed she can’t figure out when to use commas. So, where’s SpellingNazi? Calling SpellingNazi!

Comment by Who can't spell? — September 12, 2012 @ 1:54 pm

62. WOW…. LOL. This is NOT that serious. It’s a reality TV show people, let’s get a grip!

Moving on… who’s this yayman25 character? Could we learn to use grammar and how to be politically correct? HAHA….my goodness.

Ashley! I read your entire post and also watched the finale and I think you’re correct, as shocked as we all were he did what he wanted to do for him and no one can change that…. even though we all feel bad for Rachel!

Life goes on….

Comment by Kristi — September 12, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

63. Ashley, I am going to miss your blogs. Even after I watched the show, I couldn’t wait to read your take on what happened. Nick’s decision didn’t upset me; his attitude, however, was upsetting. I just hopes he realizes what goes around comes arround.

Comment by Michele — September 12, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

64. Whoever responded to me (Kate?), what are you talking about? Ashley is FRIENDS with Rachel. Where did Ashley insult her or slam her? And EXACTLY, NO ONE saw it coming but Nick. Hindsight Bias means you “know” something after the fact. Ashley didn’t know until she saw the episode, but when she did see that Nick won the game and looked back at the way he acted and spoke, she “knew” that was going to happen. I think Ashley feels sympathy for Rachel but she also thinks that she should have caught on to Nick’s attitude earlier in the episode because from a viewer’s point of view, it was pretty obvious. This is not about hurting Rachel, but about having sympathy for her and wishing she could see that Nick was not going to share so that she could’ve chosen keep and everyone would’ve gotten some money. As for the spelling nazis on here, go away! Not very many people spell properly or use correct grammar on the internet anyway, nor are they going to start writing correctly just because you are telling them to.

Comment by Beth Holler — September 12, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

65. One more thing: those of you who do write properly (which is most of you on here) that last comment does not apply to you. I do applaud you for being some of the few people who care about how you write online. :) Have a good day!

Comment by Beth Holler — September 12, 2012 @ 2:22 pm

66. It was pretty clear that Blakely was saying “precautious,” but it came out “percautious” because of her accent. Not everyone pronounces words precisely. I mean, how many times have you heard people say “purdy” instead of “pretty”?

Definition of precautious: Taking or using precaution; precautionary.

Your blogs are always funny and enjoyable, but I just don’t understand why you constantly slam Blakely with incorrect stuff? If you’re gonna slam her, at least do it over something legit! LOL

Comment by V. — September 12, 2012 @ 2:30 pm

67. OMG! This is hilarious!! I am dying here….hahahahahah. Wish you made more fun of fat cheeked Jaclyn….not sure where someone that looks like THAT gets confidence but whatever. She needs to read “He’s Just Not That into You”. Any guy that gives me the I don’t want a relationship speech on national TV certainly would NOT be getting in my pants. Desperate much? LOVE YOUR CAPTIONS!!!

Comment by dawnmarie — September 12, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

68. First of all let me preface this entry to state that I will NOT be using proper punctuation in this response…so people start complaining about that…

Then in response to Ashley’s blog… Ash baby… I love your blogs.. I’m sorry to say I barely noticed you in your season… but boy I regret that now… you’re hilarious…I look forward weekly to Natalie’s and your blogs..I actually got my teen son into watching BP and he always asks me what you’ve said on your blog…CBEF has become the household name for Chris… you’ve started a trend…lol…I can hardly wait for the new season to start in January so I can read your blogs.. keep them up..

in response to the actual show… while I’ve always like Rachel.. and still do.. my heart goes out to her.. I don’t believe Michael played her though.. he deserves a summer of fun after last years fiasco… there’s nothing wrong with just being with someone.. they’re young enough.. you don’t have to marry everyone you date…

as to the Nick/Rachel thing… let me reiterate (yes I can spell and I know what it means).. I do really like Rachel.. but Nick was right.. they underestimated him..they ignored him.. and he came out on top..it was a game people.. he did make the most important decision in the game in my opinion… he talked Rachel into sending Ed and Jaclyn home.. that was huge game play..I think that decision was more crucial than the one to send Michael home..he made the decision.. he won the game.. simple .. if Rachel didn’t want to be his partner.. he deserved the money…she didn’t decide to send Ed and Jaclyn home.. he talked her into it..granted he acted like a (insert politically correct derogatory word here) …but he did deserve to win

Comment by MamaBear — September 12, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

69. Yo Ashley, please consider doing this for… Survivor? Or another reality show because seriously, I lol every time. Haters gonna hate – people take this show waaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

Comment by Robyn — September 12, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

70. hey ashley!
    i agree that you didn’t entirely take a side, so that’s good, but i did thoroughly read and understand your blog and one part i disagree with is where you say nick owed it to rachel. i really don’t think he did. i think he should have shared, but i can’t morally or whatever hold it against him for keeping. how did he owe it to rachel? everything he said was right about being a one man team and rachel only wanting to stay for jaclyn and michael (at least as far as we got to see). i thought it was kinda lame of michael to be so upset cause he was like, maybe that will make my screw up less bad… but oh well i mean what can he do about it. the only reason nick won was because producers allowed chris to take erica into the voting room. if that doesnt happen then michael and rachel might have been in the finals, in which case no one would vote for him to win twice so she wouldn’t get any money anyway. but nick didn’t owe it to rachel, because rachel didn’t do anything to get him there. honestly, who thought kalon would be the words of wisdom?? what bachelor pad cast member deserves this money? they’re being paid per episode anyway, and with all their magazine appearances and whatnot they still make some money, so its not like they don’t get anything from the show. and its not like rachel even played a good game, she basically got pulled along by michael and jaclyn. so she really didn’t deserve it game-wise either. anyway. my two cents.

Comment by sky — September 12, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

71. Ashley, you should blog about Bachelor Canada on your personal blog if you have time. I know these things take you a long time to do and I guess you wouldn’t get paid for it, so maybe you won’t want to…but your blogs are awesome!

Comment by ryan — September 12, 2012 @ 3:17 pm

72. I don’t remember them interviewing Jaclyn at all. I must have fallen asleep during that one.

I am all for what Nick did. The house was against him the entire time. Just because he didn’t play the way they played…? Too bad, you had chances to vote him out. His strategy was as much a strategy as anyone else. SUCKA FO YOU!

Comment by Dana — September 12, 2012 @ 3:22 pm

73. I’m so confused. What are the latest Ashley rules? We are allowed to spell things wrong or not? We are supposed to make fun of the Yasman person, but not anyone else who misspells? Can Ashley make typos but no one else? Can we all make typos except Yasman? What a mess.

Comment by Who can't spell? — September 12, 2012 @ 3:23 pm

74. It’s not about spelling. Yasman was saying her boyfriend is a HS dropout and saying he couldn’t make money, yet Yasman couldn’t use proper/grammar himself. We’re just saying he shouldn’t talk about her bf’s education when he seems to be somewhat lacking in that area (at least in English/Writing/whatever you want to call it).

Comment by Beth Holler — September 12, 2012 @ 3:29 pm

75. Thanks Beth, that makes sense. What does Ashley’s boyfriend do by the way?

Comment by Who can't spell? — September 12, 2012 @ 3:43 pm

76. Ashley, thanks for all the laugh I have had with your blok, I will miss you!
    I’m surprised that there wasn’t any mention of Chris B. him loosing made me very happy, as far as I’m concerned he was the biggest Jerk of all.. Congratulation Nick, you played the smartest game and enjoy your Win…

Comment by Lis — September 12, 2012 @ 4:03 pm

77. @Who can’t spell- I am not 100% sure, but I believe he works for 7th chamber. It’s an agency that helps companies advertise their brands to online consumers. He gets to travel a lot. Is that about right, Ashley? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment by Beth Holler — September 12, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

78. Thanks Ashley for all the fun. See you in January.

Comment by Bobbie — September 12, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

79. If the rumor is true, that Nick and Ashley hada verbal agreement to vote share, and Nick backed out and I was Rachel, I;d sue his ass. No, it was not in writing, but his verbal assurances induced her to act a certain way, and his lies caused him to benefit from it.

So yeah, I’d sue his punk ass for violation of verbal agreement, make him pay to defend it, or settle with me quickly.

Comment by PunkA — September 12, 2012 @ 4:33 pm

80. It was obvious to me nick was taking the money. In fact i was surprised to see Chris and Sarah didn’t state as much to the cast and offer 25k each to Rachel.

I would have been saying this:

I know most of you will vote for Nick and Rachel, but keep in mind, Nick has no allegiance to anyone and in trying to help her, you will leave her with nothing.

Comment by no one — September 12, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

81. Anyone else watching the X-Factor? Isn’t Brittany wearing the SAME dress Jacqueline wore last night?

Comment by spellingnazi — September 12, 2012 @ 5:13 pm

82. Jacklyn? Anyway, still looks just as trashy.

Comment by spellingnazi — September 12, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

83. I always enjoy the laugh your blog brings, Ashley, and looked forward to your recaps every week during the show. The “help, my necklace is choking me” photo cracked me up. I disagree with one comment, though – that Jacklyn’s confidence is worth bottling and selling. She is not confident. She’s a loud-mouth that thinks being real is saying what she thinks at all times. She bullies and intimidates weaker folks and quite frankly, I find her very lacking in real confidence.

Comment by Kathy — September 12, 2012 @ 5:59 pm

84. Ashley, thank you so much for your hilarious blogs. I look forward to them every week, perhaps more than the show. Your thougths, observations, and pics add so much.

Comment by Satanya — September 12, 2012 @ 7:26 pm

85. Ashley, you are hilarious and according to pictures on the internet also pretty hot. The screenshot captions are priceless. Thanks for giving me another short term fix to wean me off the show. I was just happy to find another blog post about the finale, but now I think I’ve found a new blogger to follow.

Comment by Mark — September 12, 2012 @ 8:03 pm

86. LOVED the first caption, with Chris Harrison…and the name “Urban Pocahontas” for Jamie.

Comment by Jennifer — September 12, 2012 @ 8:11 pm

87. Ashley, Bachelor Canada starts in early October – please blog for us! We need some personality on the show, so far the bachelor seems a little straight. I hope the women are fun. As I’ve said before, I watch the show so that your blog makes sense.
    It’s always seemed a little strange the lengths contestants go to try and win $125,000 (which for any true partnership it would have been). Can’t the Bachelor franchise sweeten the pot? After taxes, it wouldn’t even be a full down payment on a house in Vancouver. Not worth losing public respect and self-respect, and business (as a personal trainer, Nick needs to be trusted to be hired). It will be interesting to see what becomes of Nick, his money, his career, and his social life.
    Great entertainment, but my fairytale ending of happy, happy, joy, joy was ruined…. That’s why I’m mad at Nick.

Comment by Also Susan — September 12, 2012 @ 8:49 pm

88. Thank you for another great season of blogging Ashley! I look forward to your blog every week.

Comment by Laura — September 12, 2012 @ 9:15 pm

89. Gah, Ashley, sometimes you are so naive.

The reason everyone clapped is because the applause sign went on and the PAs told everyone to clap and holler! Have you never been part of a studio audience?

The moldy producers set this whole thing up to get some attention, & Nick was weak enough to agree to it. Rachel was clear that she and Nick discussed the final decision in detail for 2 months. I am sure the producers aided him in his malicious decision.

Comment by Allissa — September 12, 2012 @ 10:17 pm

90. Thanks for the great blogs. I think this finale turned me off for good from This ffranchiseWhat Nick did was incredibly hurtful and negative – the finale spread the vibration of greed and selfishness, that is why I felt so horrible after watching it. To realize so many people applauded it was horrifying to me. That so many of the contestants didn’t see anything wrong says quite a lot about their character. I think the only person I truly applaud is Michael Stagliano,he actually went on record in his blog saying the only reason Nick won was because of Rachel keeping her word. That all of you don’t openly at least say what he did was unkind and ungrateful is staggering to me. It isn’t about taking sides, it is about standing up to what is unkind and selfish. Like watching the school bully get away with something and saying I am not involved, I am not going to take sides. I watch the shows for love,which is an uplifting thing. This finale was just dirt. Not interested any more. I am stunned at what was just shown at the finale.

Comment by Arch — September 12, 2012 @ 10:26 pm

91. @Allissa, you are so right.

@Arch, good post – thank god a few people have ethics amongst all the silly comments and blogging.

Comment by Sarah Whitney — September 13, 2012 @ 3:13 am

92. Thanks for the enjoyable recaps Ashley. You’re one of the best, if not the best, on the ABC site. I really like your sense of humor!

I do not agree with you about Jaclyn. A person with a lot of confidence doesn’t put others down to build herself up. She has zero confidence, but covers it very well. All the women this season seemed to struggle with confidence and self-worth. It was painful to watch.

I hope one day Rachel and the rest of the “popular crowd” can take some responsibility for the result. Nick won the game and didn’t owe Rachel anything.

Comment by jessie — September 13, 2012 @ 5:09 am

93. I’m also glad to see you don’t step over the line like Natalie did in your dislike towards certain people. It’s much classier and mature to keep any deep-seated dislike to yourself.

Comment by jessie — September 13, 2012 @ 5:12 am

94. Not sure why people make fun of typos when they make them in their own blog. How petty and small minded. Maybe some people who post are from another country? Of course, it’s only a problem to be a poor speller if you are not kissing Ashley’s butt. As for the person who posts on here numerous times to gush and squeal, please get a life.

Comment by Melinda — September 13, 2012 @ 5:53 am

95. I agree with you Ashley, Nick’s decision was written all over his face and showed in every movement of his body long before he ever revealed the Keep sign. I would imagine Rachel was too caught up in the confrontation with Michael to notice it, if she would have anyway. I have a strong intution, and I too wanted to yell at the TV “Pay attention, Rachel, he won’t even look at you!” and his body was turned away from her. Big sign he was about to do something that would hurt her.

I don’t think Nick can ever say for sure that he got to the end ALL on his OWN. They were a partnership, no matter how “thrown together,” and she had a part in it. I do not agree with his decision, and seeing as how $250K (minus taxes) is not nearly enough for a luxurious early retirement, he is going to continue to have to depend on people (employers, customers, the public) for his livelihood, and I think to show himself in such a classless light will not get him too far in this world. He’ll get his 15 minutes and then that’ll be that. At least Rachel will come out of this with her image mostly unscathed, and that cannot be measured in terms of money. Also, that girl is just flat-out gorgeous!

Thanks for all your blogs this past year, Ashley, I look forward to them again in January! As much as the Nick decision was huge shocker, making for good TV, it just didn’t sit well with me. I almost would have rather they both said Keep and it went to everyone else, even if whiny-pants CBEF got a share. Oh well!

Comment by Deni — September 13, 2012 @ 6:45 am

96. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz uh oh sorry, I didn’t actually read the blog :\….my bad. The comments are just way more entertaining.

Comment by spellingnazi — September 13, 2012 @ 6:49 am

97. Ashley,

I LOVE your blog! It is half of the reason that I watch Bach and Bachpad! I’m not usually one to comment, but I have to say that I gained so much respect for you(not that I didn’t already think you were awesome) after reading your comment in response to the negative comment about your “looser” BF. Way to stay above the drama and make me laugh at the same time!

Comment by Stephanie — September 13, 2012 @ 7:00 am

98. Ashely,

Great blog as usual!! Can’t wait for January for your new blog and I’m torn between Arie, Sean or even Roberto (Ali F. former fiancee) for the next Bachelor. Hopefully one of the three.

I have to say when I saw Nick pick Keep I couldn’t stop laughing. It was totally unexpected and such a great twist for Bachelor Pad….finally when they say in previews to next week episode that its a shocker it really is. I did feel bad for Rachel but I have to say Nick was 100% right in everything he said. Noone noticed him until he teamed up with Rachel and even than the others in the house were treating him like a nobody, like he wasn’t worth their time. I mean geez talk about high school and the popular crowed all over again.

I also have to mention Jamie. I think she is a beautiful girl and I don’t get why she acts the way she does. Maybe its low self-esteem or something else but I feel like she made herself look like a fool so many time first on the Bachelor and now on Bachelor Pad. The icing on the cake came on the finale, she looked like an overdecorated Christmas Tree. Jaime if you do read this please know that you are a beautiful girl without 20lbs of makeup. You just don’t need it.

Comment by Nelu — September 13, 2012 @ 7:38 am

99. It’s sad that people look down on Jamie because she’s socially awkward in how she behaves and dresses. If someone is not pretty, do you make fun of them too? Because when you are NOT socially awkward, you didn’t do anything to earn that — you just got lucky. Same thing about girls who are pretty — they just got lucky. They are not higher human beings. What you can control is your meanness though. And as we can see, more self-control needed.

Comment by Mary A. — September 13, 2012 @ 8:20 am

100. AJ, you’re absolutely right! We need Ashley blogging The Bachelor Canada! Ashley, I couldn’t even bring myself to watch BP3 this season, but I still read everyone of your blogs. Couldn’t wait to see the next installment. We’ll miss you until January!

Comment by Canadian Fan — September 13, 2012 @ 8:38 am

101. Glad Nick chose Keep. Rachael was ONLY focused on Michael, totally immature for a person her age, only knew him for a few wks, admitted numerous times she did not want to be there, didn’t care about the game at all. I don’t blame him a one bit. How can every one of the women be so desperate for a guy that they literally make total fools out of themselves on national tv and most likely do the same in real life too…Smarten up girls. Blakely & Tony will not last. How could anyone lt a stranger take on the stepmother role in such a short time; she found someone she can control, but it ain’t gonna last. Jaclyn may have better luck at keeping a guy if she wasn’t so obnoxious. I believe Rachel is also afraid of her. Poor Ed…You need to put her in her place Ed. Donna really believes her boobs will get her a guy..disgusting. Sarah really thinks Ed will stay with her after the show…another joke. Only decent guy was Nick & Stag.

Comment by cammy — September 13, 2012 @ 8:52 am

102. Welp that was so off base to make fun of Chris B. — luckily he is way too superior to bother with all the stupid eagle references. He can see stupid and he ignores it. He had three girls wanting him on the show – a record – he has tons of friends, a new business and a family with good morals … so try to paint it how you can, but you are fooling noone cuz quite frankly there was a complete misjudgement by Miss Ash on this guy. Booooo.

Comment by Marti — September 13, 2012 @ 10:50 am

103. Uh, Marti, Chris did a little more than be “wanted” by three girls, and besides, mentioning that in the same sentence as his family morals is a bit creepy, and also negates your point.

Also, if you’ve been reading the comments sections on any of the Bachelor blogs, you’d see that “Miss Ash” is far from alone in her “misjudgment” of Chris. I will count myself in there, too! Also the vast majority of the ex-Padmates who voted against him at the Finale. But thanks for letting us know how great he is, that…helps.

Comment by Deni — September 13, 2012 @ 11:18 am

104. Deni, you forgot about Ed, Michael and all the other man whores who hurt women on this and past seasons. Maybe that …. helps put it in perspective for ya.

Comment by Marti — September 13, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

105. I was a little disappointed with Michael when he tried to call out Nick for his insensitivity. Michael was acting as though it was Nick’s job to make Rachel feel better with the prize money, just because she had a broken heart (which he -rightfully- states is his fault). The guy needs to take responsibility for his own actions; not get mad at Nick for not smoothing things over by sharing the prize.

As far as Nick’s reaction to Rachel, I don’t know how much better he could’ve done. She was acting entitled and furious, throwing names at him and cussing him out. The audience saw exactly what he stated. She may’ve been grateful to his partnership after the show… but only because it took two to get there. When it mattered most, she did nothing to show appreciation to him, and on several occasions overlooked his need for a partner by being prepared to leave. She made it obvious to the house, and that made them a target. I agree with you, though, that he could have given her credit that most of the people that voted for them to win the money were voting for Rachel. [Or maybe not, given that she could hardly be bothered to continue on with the show without Michael... and that may've put off some of the harder-working/determined contestants.] In the end, I am surprised to find that I am happy for Nick’s winning the grand prize. I know a couple nights I was hoping the contestants would vote him off (particularly when Dave was on the chopping block). But then… that just ties back with what Kalon said. They were all fortunate to have the opportunity to be on the show.
    No one should feel angry about “losing” what was never theirs in the first place.

Comment by Jay — September 13, 2012 @ 7:47 pm

106. Nick would have been sent home the very next week if he didn’t get thrown together with Rachel. Why is everyone acting like this was his plan the whole time and that it was some ” brilliant strategy”? All he did was ride the luck train and then got greedy at the end.

It sucks that MOST of those votes were only for Rachel and that he was even given the chance to take it all for himself. I could see him deserving to win $125,000 but not the whole thing. At least have some sympathy for the girl that carried you, and you screwed over.

Comment by I — September 13, 2012 @ 8:45 pm

107. Sofunny,AshleyHopethat”hopefully”doesn’tmeanthere’ssomedoubtaboutyoubloggingtebachelor!Wouldn’tbethesamewithoutyou.

Comment by Kathleen — September 14, 2012 @ 4:16 am

108. @Kathleen – space bar broken?

Comment by spellingnazi — September 14, 2012 @ 4:22 am

109. Thanks so much for sharing your gift of humor Ashley! I’ll be missing your blog all Fall!!!

Comment by Rachel — September 14, 2012 @ 8:28 am

110. I was so glad, glad Nick chose Keep. He was so trashed by all those wanna be celebs on national TV, pretty much told he was nothing. Well guess what…he will always be remembered for giving them a figurative finger at the end!

He worked darn hard to get Rachel to use her head about not choosing her buddy buddy with them and to realize how much Chris and none factor Sarah would not get votes. The outcome could have been so different. Why anyone would admire drunken slob Ed is beyond me and Jaclyn is one pathetic homely woman…and she wonders why she gets dumped on. No way should she have allowed Ed to continue to bed her after his speech. What a douche bag he is and what a dummy she is!

As for Chris…always a loser and will continue to be one with a horrible temper and a truly ugly face and personality. I hope I never have to hear about any of these people again.

Rachel…she is pretty pathetic. Played by Michael to the 9th, sobbing for him all over the place. Don’t blame Nick for chucking the share with her. He admitted in his media conference call, that when he watched the last episodes and realized how he had been trashed by her and her minions, he changed his mind about sharing…which he fully intended to do at that point. Good for him!

I never watched this BP but used Reality Steve’s awesome blog for the recaps so I knew how things went down and how it ended.

Comment by Sunnyside422 — September 14, 2012 @ 8:48 am

111. You are really funny and inciteful. I can tell that you don’t want to take sides or insult any of your so-called “friends” from the show, but these people need to see themselves as they truly are. They make complete asses of themselves on television and become delusional about their importance and popularity. It is interesting to watch.

Anyways I was initially on Rachel’s side when I watched the show because I felt sorry for her. Nick seemed to be taunting her and rubbing it in her face. But having thought a bit more and realizing this is THE GAME they all signed up for, may the best player win, warts and all.

Comment by Michelle — September 14, 2012 @ 9:02 am

112. Oh and Michael showed what a complete douchebag he is. If he hadn’t 100% led her on, she would be $125,000 richer right now. His misleading ways destroyed what little brain cells she was working with.

Comment by Michelle — September 14, 2012 @ 9:06 am

113. Bahahaha Spelling Nazi, good one on the space bar.

Comment by Who can't spell? — September 14, 2012 @ 12:03 pm

114. @spellingnazi – Totally broken! Fixed it now, though :)

Comment by Kathleen — September 14, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

115. Bullshizmyspacebarisstillbroken.

Comment by Kathleen — September 14, 2012 @ 12:26 pm

116. Well there you go….

Comment by spellingnazi — September 14, 2012 @ 4:48 pm

117. Let this be a lesson to all.
    Rachel kept saying the whole time that she did not want the money. That money is ugly. She repeatedly said, over and over again, she didn’t care about the money.

The universe heard what she was saying and so she got what she wished for. Stop blaming Nick.

Comment by Anna — September 15, 2012 @ 12:56 am

118. You missed the best line ever with Nick:
    “I’m a Schmuck with $250,000″

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig mistake.

Did you even watch the show?

Comment by Best line ever — September 15, 2012 @ 5:50 am

119. @Mary A – I agree, being pretty is mostly just luck, being nice, kind, genuine is not by chance. This show doesn’t tend to show us the kind side of the players, but they may be better people off TV than we know. Ashley Spivey is hilarious and I love this blog – she pokes fun in a harmless way, is insightful as someone else said, and sometimes probably knows more about these characters than we see on TV. I’m glad she takes the time to share her insight and humor with us. Attacking her or her boyfriend, being mean to other posters, is just silly. But, attacking their spelling and grammatical errors is just hilarious. ;)

Comment by bsheer — September 16, 2012 @ 8:10 am

120. Best blogger for the Bachelor Pad! You keep my laughing every week! I’ll miss reading your blog unti January for the next Bachelor!! ( :

Comment by Natalie — September 16, 2012 @ 8:12 am

121. Natalie G is actually the best blogger because she caught the stand out, best line ever made in any BP show. Can’t believe Ashley totally missed this. Huge mistake. Huge.

Comment by Best line ever — September 16, 2012 @ 10:26 am

122. @bsheer, no it’s not harmless fun on here – there have been derogatory comments about the polish, sexist comments about women, inappropriate jokes about donkey punch (something used in rape) and rude comments about people’s looks. As for the spelling and grammar, plenty of those errors made in the blogs, so yeah, I guess you could have a laugh about that if you are looking for something harmless. I consider real humor to be jokes that don’t put people down – that takes some real skill however, not just cheap shots.

Comment by Mary A. — September 16, 2012 @ 10:31 am

123. To those mentioning Ashley’s “huge” “big” mistake, lmao!! It’s just a BLOG!!! Who cares about that lame ass line!?

Comment by Lmao — September 16, 2012 @ 10:42 am

124. I agree with everyone that the most amazing quote by Nick should have been displayed instead of some foul crap (“F*ck b*tches” – good lord, that’s just garbage). Missed opportunity for sure. Whoops!

Comment by Robyn — September 16, 2012 @ 8:21 pm

125. Wow lotsa comments here! Bachelor Pad is a GAME. I don’t know why Nick is getting bashed for flying under the radar. Its a strategy used by a lot of Survivor winners he used it and it worked for him. Hardly anyone in the mansion was nice to Nick or even cared. Rachel wanted to leave a gazillion times. Who talked her into it? Michael and her best buddy Jacklyn whom Rachel voted against taking to the Finals. Sure Nick talked her into it because he was playing the game. She could have put her foot down but she didn’t because she saw the $$$ as well. The votes were not for Rachel in a personal level. The others just did not want Chris to win it. Whether they think Rachel deserved the money is…well another matter. Should Nick have been more sensitive to Rachel’s broken feelings for Michael? Perhaps but she herself was not taking in consideration that he was trying to play the game while her mind was somewhere else and CONSTANTLY BITCHING about her partner in a game. If I were in Nick’s shoes, I would Keep the money as after seeing what she had said never mind the promise. You don’t alienate an ally. Honestly Michael is very much responsible for Rachel’s loss by leading her on AND screwing Erica Rose who her reaped her vengeance by taking him with her. That changed the game completely. Dumb move Michael. Congrats Nick. Enjoy your winnings guilt free.

Comment by Maria C — September 17, 2012 @ 2:20 am

126. Blakeley — I can finally get cable!! LMAO :) You’re best, Ashley Spivey! Keep it coming!

Comment by Francesca — September 17, 2012 @ 11:16 am

127. Can we get some new bloggers for next bach season except Ashley Spivey, she can stay, her blog is sooooo funny.

Comment by B-Fan — September 17, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

128. The only good blogger is Reality Steve!!!!!

Comment by RSFAN — September 17, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

129. I love your blog. And I must say, I think Chris is one of the most beautiful humans. I would have voted for him just because of that.

Comment by Angie — September 18, 2012 @ 11:16 am

130. LOVE your blog Ashley!

Comment by Lindsay — September 18, 2012 @ 11:57 am

131. Looking for some new bloggers next season – time for the old and forgotten cast mates to retire!!!

Comment by Melinda — September 18, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

132. And that includes Ashley bahhahaha.

Comment by RSFAN — September 20, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

133. Agreed RSFAN!

Comment by Melinda — September 23, 2012 @ 5:01 pm

134. Perhaps English is not Yasaman’s first language? Bash her for her hater attitude if you want, but not for her spelling. The intolerance among the commenters is palpable.

As for Jaclyn calling Rachel a terrible friend for not taking her to the finals, my guess is that Rachel, Michael, Jaclyn, and Ed promised to split the winnings 4 ways if they took each other to the finals. Didn’t Stag, Holly, Money, and Graham split their winnings 4 ways last year? If Rachel & Jaclyn are besties, this totally makes sense to me. No wonder Jaclyn worked so hard to get Rachel to stay in the game. She probably expected Rachel to get Nick to hop on board that gravy train. When Rachel didn’t work that out with Nick and instead threw Jaclyn under the bus, no wonder she was upset.
    Ed seems like a stand-up guy but a total boy-toy. I don’t see how any woman takes him seriously except as a good lay. Jaclyn should appreciate that she got a free piece of his a$$ instead wanting a permanent share of his STD-infested d**k. It speaks volumes that any pics you see of Ed on the internet are with very average looking women, like Jaclyn. He never gets the hot ones for a reason – he goes after the insecure ones cuz they are easier to lay & manipulate. Though I like how honest he was with Jaclyn on camera abou this intentions. Jaclyn was leading herself on, not Ed.
    Nick’s a champ and a loser. Would any girl date that guy now? Could you trust him not to go rogue on you about whatever he felt justified to do? He’ll be a bachelor for life. My guess is he’s always been an outsider and always will be.
    Yeah, people who watch BPad have obviously never watched Survivor. How not-shocking was Nick’s move, people?
    What I don’t get is this – if you are one of the losers voting between the 2 final couples, doesn’t it make the most sense to vote for the couple who you think will both vote Keep? That way at least you’ll get $13K out of it. Why should I vote for someone else to get $125k or $250k? That’s essentially me voting for myself to get $0 unless they were planning to share some of it with me? I could still pay some bills or put a downpayment on a car with $13k. Rachel is too clueless, no street smarts at all, but I could see Sarah & Chris possibly both voting Keep – they both seem harda$$ like that.
    Love Jamie and the middle-eastern headdress. You go girl! Ballsy and awesome and totally craycray. You will be remembered for eternity! The only person crazier than Jamie is the blogger (not Spivey but another one) who criticized Jamie for wearing both heavy earrings and the headdress, saying you either wear the headdress or the earrings but not both. Seriously? I think that blogger misses the point…
    I flove Blakely and Tony together. The best pair off of any of these Bach franchises ever! They just work – they are just so cluelessly perfect together!

Comment by william — September 27, 2012 @ 7:11 am

135. P.S. 100% agree that Erica looked freakin’ amazing. Her dad’s a cosmetic surgeon, right? Wonder what she got did? The tan, the darker hair, and the lost weight all also helped. You go, lady!

Comment by william — September 27, 2012 @ 7:25 am

136. William, the intolerance to Yasaman was started by Ashley. Start there.

Comment by Melinda — October 3, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

137. You’re right Melinda. This blog was promoting ignorance …. again.

Comment by High Road — October 4, 2012 @ 1:58 pm

138. Breaking news.. Yayman25 was correct.. On reality Steve- Ashley and her BF have called it quits..add that to the horsepile of crap this week, with Ben -Courtney’s breakup, Jef-Ems…

Comment by John P Holmes — October 18, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

139. Nick was a sociopath. He should not have done that to Rachel.

Comment by Lily — January 8, 2013 @ 5:22 pm

140. I sure hope you’re working on a blog for the season premier of Sean’s season. Your blogs are THE BEST!!!

Comment by WhereRU — January 10, 2013 @ 11:38 am

141. late again … i wonder if nannies have to be on time …

Comment by Melinda — January 11, 2013 @ 5:14 am