Blake’s Bachelor Pad Blog: Episode 2

First and foremost, please keep Michelle Money in your hearts and prayers.  Her family has seen a number of devastating events in the past few days and she could surely use your heartfelt support.  Thanks.

Okay Bachelor Pad fans, as if you’re not inundated enough with extraneous information and deleted scenes, they’ve asked for my take on this week’s episode.  We start out the show with the egg toss, which most people remember as a fun filled activity for youngsters during field day.  Leave it to the twisted minds that create these challenges (ahem, Chris Harrison) to figure out a way to turn this classic kids’ game into the drama-inducing pot stirrer you all witnessed.  Many of those questions were tough to answer, and you didn’t really want to throw an egg at anyone.  But then again, how often do you get to throw a paint filed egg at someone?  So, BOMBS AWAY.  Let me just say, standing next to Jake was a mistake.  Talk about collateral damage.  The girls did a pretty great job connecting with their targets (I think I only saw ONE egg get thrown directly into the ground, Holly).  Kudos to Melissa and Jackie for making it a tight race and for not hitting me.  Melissa wound up victorious and selected myself, Kasey, and Kirk to accompany her on her date.  Can you guess her “type?”

When it’s the guys’ turn to toss the eggs, things seemed to get a little more personal.  The distribution of shots seemed to be much more concentrated on the number 8 position.  And by that I mean ERICA GOT LIT UP!  I honestly felt bad for her.  Sticks and stones definitely hurt, but paint filled eggs leave a vivid abstract collage for all to see.  At least when Michael connected with her for the third time, and the win, he selected her as a date companion along with Holly and Michelle.  Not a bad consolation prize, especially considering she consults her astrologer regularly and believes firmly in spirits among us.  I’m really glad Michael wasn’t pelting me with eggs because A) I probably would’ve cried too, and B) I want nothing to do with Linda Vista hospital.  Ghosts are not my thing!

Yachting!  Now there’s something I could get used to.  Going on Melissa’s date along with Kirk and Kasey was fun, and it was the perfect opportunity to stretch my strategic legs.  This is, after all, a game.  A game in which the winner stands to receive a considerable chunk of change, but they have to earn roses along the way to do so.  If I’m playing chess, I’m not going to leave my queen unused for fear of hurting the other players’ feelings when I win.  Just like I wasn’t going to ignore flirting with Melissa as a viable tactic in this war of deceit that is Bachelor Pad.  It was never my intention to conjure up such strong emotions in her, however.  We did kiss, twice even.  But I’m afraid she lost sight of the fact that we only went on ONE DATE!  She’s a great woman and I wish her the best, but intimacy or a relationship between us was never even discussed.  So, I’ll be honest, being compared to Bentley from my season of The Bachelorette stung.  The Bachelorette is a dating show where true love is the goal; Bachelor Pad, conversely, is a game show where winning $250,000 is EVERYONE’S goal.  Believe me, if I had even the slightest hint of the maelstrom from Melissa (of which us viewers only caught a glimpse) that my actions would precipitate, I would have personally handed that rose to Kasey on a silver platter and taken my chances at the rose ceremony.  But I chose my strategy in this case and lived with the outcome.  I do have to say, it was not a proud moment watching myself say things that ended up hurting someone.  I never meant for Melissa to get so caught up in the emotional side of a strategic game, and for that I truly am sorry.  A fact I’m sure Jackie will attest to: war is going to have casualties.  You can’t make an omelet without breaking some paint filled eggs. The Mask showed us that didn’t he?

Speaking of losses, it’s time for our favorite pilot to cut his and taxi onto the runway so he can fly home.  Jake asking Vienna and Kasey for help was difficult to watch.  There was no shot in hell they were going say, “Sure, we’ll work to keep you around.  By the way, thanks for the rose last week, pal.”  You’ve got to give it to him, though.  The guy certainly knows the meaning of the word tenacity.  Gia, on the other hand, folded faster than a ream of paper in a Chinese origami contest.  As the returning veteran, I was really hoping she’d stick around longer.  In her defense though, feeling betrayed by a long time friend can shake even the most determined mind.

Betrayal (fortunately if you like drama, and unfortunately if you don’t like tears) is the theme in the Bachelor Pad mansion.  It’s intrinsic to the game.  Graham betrayed Gia’s confidence by telling Kasey, Kasey betrayed Graham’s confidence by talking to Gia, Melissa betrayed her allegiance to Kasey by not giving him the rose, Kasey betrayed his promise to Jackie and Ames by not guarding and protecting her (I guess his powers of protection directly correlate to the number of heart tattoos he has).  Are we seeing a pattern here?  This game is brutal–and it’s only going to heat up more and more as the eliminations progress.  One shining beacon of truth and light, however, emanated from none other than Ames Brown.  His decision to forego a chance at $250,000 and pursue a chance at love instead was the stuff of Lifetime movies.  That guy never ceases to warm my heart and put a smile on my face.  I wish them the best and hope things work out.  Until next time, friends.

1. Very insightful. More than anything, what I took away from this post was you are an amazing writer, Blake!

Comment by Chelsey — August 17, 2011 @ 11:49 pm

2. You’re a really good writer!! Excellent word pictures and a great rundown of what we saw. Will definitely be looking for your next blog post! :)

Comment by Rachel — August 17, 2011 @ 11:49 pm

3. Short, simple, witty and to the point :) Kudos on spelling and grammar. Some other blogs are killing me!!

Comment by JT — August 17, 2011 @ 11:55 pm

4. Good stuff. Oh what I wouldn’t give to see what actually occured in that mansion, not just the edited cut we get. Hated to see Gia go and Ames is the ultimate definition of a gentlemen. Blake the new Bentley?!? Not even close, that’s a ridiculous comparison…to say the least. Strategy is the name of the game. Looking forward to watching next week!

Comment by Jennifer — August 18, 2011 @ 12:08 am

5. Good Job!

Comment by bee R — August 18, 2011 @ 12:09 am

6. This was a great post! Excellent writing Blake- keep them coming!!

Comment by Sam — August 18, 2011 @ 12:10 am

7. Good job, Dr. Blake! I enjoy your writing and like hearing insight from someone who was actually there. I will be the first to admit that I thought that maybe you had spent a little too much time with a certain someone while previously in the house and I apologize for that. I now understand and can appreciate your strategy. Keep up the good work!

Comment by Mandy — August 18, 2011 @ 12:12 am

8. Agreed. This was a great read! The Melissa-Blake thing just seems so unfortunate…on both sides. Not unfortunate for us viewers, though! Great TV. haha.

Comment by okhereisthesituation — August 18, 2011 @ 12:15 am

9. Wow, Blake! I’m impressed! You really do use “big words” and you string them together in a VERY interesting way! I loved this blog and will be looking forward to your next one! Dentistry? Psssh — you missed your calling:-)

Comment by Lauren — August 18, 2011 @ 12:15 am

10. Blake, this was beautifully written! You were detailed where you need to be and you were most heartfelt when expressing the emotions that others faced in that house. I admired that you gave so much respect to Ames in this episode for the man he is and has been. You rock! I look forward to reading your future blogs! :)

Comment by Karen — August 18, 2011 @ 12:18 am

11. I’d say Melissa’s “type” must be obnoxious.

Comment by misty — August 18, 2011 @ 12:19 am

12. Very nicely done, Blake. It’s nice to read something that doesn’t assume all the viewers are complete idiots! Keep the insights coming and I hope you WIN BP2!

Comment by Carolyn — August 18, 2011 @ 12:23 am

13. Amazing writing! Even if I hadn’t seen the show I would have enjoyed reading this blog. Don’t stop , please! You hit every point right on!

Comment by Sophia — August 18, 2011 @ 12:35 am

14. Great blog!

Comment by Mandy Robinson — August 18, 2011 @ 12:37 am

15. Good writing.

HOWEVER – If you can keep your wits (morals) about you, when all about you are losing theirs… Yes, they betrayed, but no one said you had to, too. Check your contract. You yourself said you were acting like a paid man of the night.

Comment by Allissa — August 18, 2011 @ 12:42 am

16. Blake,the only nice thing about you is your smile…thankfully coz you’re a dentist. You are the definition of douche,not just because of the Melissa situation,but the way you carry yourself.I’d put money on it that you and your crusty skank Holly won’t last.

P.s Tell Holly to invest in major anti-aging creams,she’ll look like a leather handbag in 5 years.:)

Comment by Lynx Fleur — August 18, 2011 @ 1:04 am

17. Leave it up some French douche bag to get upset. Blake you rock. See you this fall.

Comment by Tommy D — August 18, 2011 @ 1:24 am

18. It’s so amusing to read comments from the ignorant, like the classless poster above. They try their jealous best to refute your witty observations and fall far short of the mark! Keep doing what you do — those of us who understand the game LOVE you and HOLLY!

Comment by Carol Anne — August 18, 2011 @ 1:29 am

19. Blake — Holly is the most genuine, gorgeous girl on the show! You two have obvious chemistry and I hope we hear mote from you with your blogs! This one is excellent!!

Comment by Michael — August 18, 2011 @ 1:36 am

20. Blake, You’re an attractive and smart man. For the Bachelor series you’re actually pretty witty, as well. Which makes me ask — Holly and Melissa?!?! Are the girls in South Carolina that horrible that you end up “torn between” a desperate whack-job and the town bike?

Comment by Jen — August 18, 2011 @ 1:40 am

21. Kudos on the blog, Blake- very well written. Your wit and intelligence shined through! Beyond your looks, I can see why the women at BP are attracted to you. Look forward to more entries!

Comment by adg909 — August 18, 2011 @ 1:41 am

22. during the episode, you for sure came out ahead of melissa, as anyone watching should know that this is not the “bachelor” or the “bachelorette”, but in fact “bachelor pad”, where strategy and manipulation are the names of the game. however reading your twitter posts afterwards, i was sorely disappointed that you engaged in such a petty argument with her. we expect such things from the crazies, but i had thought you would be above it. now though, it’s safe to say you’ve won me back over with this blog post. its really well written, and you addressed the melissa situation with class and just owned up to it, which is admirable. go blake! wishing you the best in this game.

Comment by sky — August 18, 2011 @ 1:41 am

23. Blake- I enjoyed reading this more than watching the show! You certainly have a way with words, and kept me laughing. :)

Comment by Denise — August 18, 2011 @ 1:49 am

24. Blake — soooooo sexy and now we know you are sooooo smart, too! This blog kept me entertained even more than the actual episode did. Keep up the writing — we want *more Blake, more Blake, more Blake*!

Comment by Theresa — August 18, 2011 @ 1:54 am

25. I’m almost embarrased to attempt to write anything here after reading your awesome blog. But I had to let you know how much I enjoyed it. I don’t know if you realize you have a true gift with words and wit. Please write again– I’ll be watching for it!

Comment by Allison — August 18, 2011 @ 2:02 am

26. Ok Blake– I liked you before but now you’ve won me over forever! Too bad Ashley never took the time to know you. It’s great to know that handsome hunks like you can actually spell ;-) . Please please please write for us more often — you definately share a unique and smart perspective! Keep up the great work! TeamBlakeForever!

Comment by Leslie — August 18, 2011 @ 2:30 am

27. Hope we see a blog from you every week, man. You could blow that Reality Steve D-bag off the planet! Keep ‘em rollin’ — wish you could win the 250k — you deserve it!

Comment by Gregg — August 18, 2011 @ 3:19 am

28. This is a great blog! It can’t be your first one ever?!? There is something so intriguing about a man who has a way with words. Please tell me that we will hear your insight every week! Your descriptions make me feel like I was there !

Comment by LeeAnne — August 18, 2011 @ 4:02 am

29. Blake– thanks for taking the time to write this excellent blog. It gives BP2 fans a glimpse into your life while you were there. Your writing is wonderful — just like you! I say Blake for Bachelor!

Comment by Lorilee — August 18, 2011 @ 4:10 am

30. Intelligence is so sexy ;)

Comment by Tracy — August 18, 2011 @ 4:12 am

31. I think its very nice of you to apologize for hurting Melissa’s feelings. Even though she reacts to things like a 15 year old girl would. BTW – What has happened with michelle money?

Comment by mary — August 18, 2011 @ 4:26 am

32. Best blog of all time!! Dave Good and Jesse Csincsack should stop blogging and start reading Blake’s blogs. They are very shallow.

Comment by jade — August 18, 2011 @ 4:29 am

33. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt – your actions and comments on the show were rude and classless, but you’ve apologized and handled yourself pretty well since then about the Melissa issue. Not great, but slightly redeeming. You’re a good looking guy, very smart, and you seem to have a good sense of humor – but don’t get too overconfident or it will tarnish all of your good qualities.

Comment by Dee — August 18, 2011 @ 4:44 am

34. Blake, you are definitely the Bentley of Bachelor Pad. When Ashley got all upset, it was because Bentley was kissing her and pretending to like her. You did the same to Melissa. I am not saying that she handled herself wonderfully either, but the girl believed that you liked her. You don’t make out with someone (Twice) that you don’t like and then get defensive when she falls for you

Comment by Amy — August 18, 2011 @ 4:54 am

35. You acquitted yourself quite nicely with this well written blog BUT I tend to think this is about damage control after the response to your reprehensible behavior. Yes, this show is about winning the $250K using strategies (eg – alliances) to maintain a spot to compete at the end. However, basic respect for others doesn’t need to be abandoned to win. Do you have a sister, mother, aunt or grandmother? Would you like it if someone treated them the way you treated Melissa? Granted this show is heavily edited and manipulated by producer shenanigans, but you were taped saying some pretty insensitive things about her, her single status and on and on. Why are you still single? Oh, I guess it’s acceptable to be single before one is 30 years old? What?! That is complete rubbish!

You apologized to Melissa but in a back-handed manner. You still assert that she is unbalanced and too emotional. Have you apologized to her in person especially after your childish tweets? Plus, let me point something out that you should have known before getting involved with the show. NO ONE (ok, 99%) is interested in finding love or getting married. Everyone wants some exposure, some fun and travel or a forum to promote something after the show is over. You were arrogant enough to think that your behavior would not bite you in the a@#$, but it did. I believe you are now regretting some of your unwise decisions and comments. Hopefully, your experience will be a lesson for how future contestants should not act. Good luck with regaining some of your credibility both personally and professionally. If you are really sincere, then this will be borne out in your future actions, deeds and words. Good Luck.

Comment by AC Second City — August 18, 2011 @ 5:01 am

36. TEAM MELLISA!!! So what if she is emotional on tv. As a girl, I know what it feels like when a guy PLAYS you. I am sure so much more was said to make her fall for him then he is admitting to. I follow them both on twitter and I don’t understand why Blake called Mellisa a great girl in his blog above, when all he has been doing is trashing her on twitter???

Comment by Caroline — August 18, 2011 @ 5:04 am

37. It’s ok Blake — people who think a couple of kisses a comittment makes, should not be allowed to stay up late enough to watch Bachelor Pad let alone BE in Bachelor Pad. Like you said, you chose your strategy and you paid the price of psychotic wrath. A much higher price than you had anticipated. Nothing defensive about that. I look forward to watching your strategy as BP2 unfolds. And please keep blogging!

Comment by Tiffany — August 18, 2011 @ 5:10 am

38. GREAT BLOG–Hope to see MORE of your blogs and LESS of some people’s :-) Great attitude, great words/thoughts, AND exactly what BP2 is and isn’t was shared by you in this blog :-) Keep doing what you do best and WIN in LIFE!!! Being ‘popular’ in the media IS NOT an indication of ‘most likely to succeed’ in life. How about more of us say “BLAKE IS THE MAN” . Hopefully Melissa has accepted your apologies and viewpoint on your ‘strategy’ on the show. Thanks for your honesty and integrity voiced in this blog. I’m “55″ and I’ve NEVER called ’2 kisses’ a ‘making-out’ session—I guess we all think/define situations differently than SOME have commented here. A kiss is a kiss–some have sparks and fire–and some are flat–no matter how many times they are repeated–just the way it is–no body’s fault , it just happens that way. Your special someone will show up when you LEAST expect her to –AND when you aren’t even looking–happens 99% of the time when the ‘real’ love bug bites you :-) Wish you the best in the future.

Comment by Laurie — August 18, 2011 @ 5:11 am

39. Actually, Blake didn’t call Mellissa a great girl, he called her a great WOMAN. I dont know you personally Blake, but I feel fairly certain that no guy would anticipate that a 32 year old woman would act like a 14 year old middle schooler. Hard lesson for you, Blake — and one your fans would have loved to save you from :-) . But it makes such entertaining TV to watch her stalk you, whispering (do you know where he is ? Priceless) through the house. Hope you were able to hide all the knives! Enjoyed your blog and look forward to the next one!

Comment by Susanne — August 18, 2011 @ 5:32 am

40. Well done, Blake. I’m from Greenville, SC, and was hoping you would redeem yourself after your antics on BP2. I was repulsed by the Melissa debacle, but well-done, my friend. Excellent writing. Thanks for regaining some respect.

Comment by Bickidan — August 18, 2011 @ 5:36 am

41. This is a GAME people! Even Natelie Getz, last years winner of BP applauded Blake for attempting a strategy to win instead of standing by for Kaseys Godfather act. Blake IS the man. And I’m sure he doesnt need to worry about the females in his family if his intelligence is any indication. No mom or sister or aunt or cousin related to him would allow herself to behave the way Melissa did– for any reason. For $250k it’s not personal, it’s not emotional — it’s business, period. Go, Blake– hope you win!! (please give us more blogging!)

Comment by Layla — August 18, 2011 @ 5:47 am

42. Love the blog, love the “big words”, love the witty remarks, love the insight, love the strategy, love love love Blake!! Keep writing

Comment by Hillary C — August 18, 2011 @ 5:58 am

43. Blake — you should seriously consider writing a book! If this is your first blog, I can’t imagine how great a book from you would be! Thank you for letting us see things from your point of view — it makes perfect sense! Will your blog be up next week?

Comment by London T — August 18, 2011 @ 6:10 am

44. Blake, your writing is astounding! It is obvious you have been through a doctoral program. Anyways, it is a messy game and we cannot not attest how difficult that situation is–especially being aired on television. Kudos to you for showing your intellect level and not falling prey to what others may think of you. Also, great punctuation! All best, E

Comment by Elizabeth Y — August 18, 2011 @ 6:16 am

45. A good portion of these comments are fake, written by your friends or teammates. Too bad, because it makes you look fake.

Not trying to make you feel bad, but I read the boards every single day, and you aren’t the Man there, you’re just one of the players. Agree w/ commenter above who said this is damage control.

Still, give you credit for a good blog.

Comment by Allissa — August 18, 2011 @ 6:21 am

46. One of the most entertaining blogs I’ve ever read,, on any subject, period. Please tell me there will be more?!?

Comment by Langley S — August 18, 2011 @ 6:22 am

47. Blake we want more of your writing — it blows me away! Great job!

Comment by Alex — August 18, 2011 @ 6:28 am

48. Fake, Allissa? Hmmmm … That wouldn’t happen to be MAlissa now would it? Typically, people accuse others of the very things they themselves are doing. Blake, this is a great blog — really enjoyed it!

Comment by Karebear — August 18, 2011 @ 6:42 am

49. Blake! You are a great writer. I enjoyed reading this almost as much as watching the episode. You cracked me up this week. I don’t think anyone can compare you to Bentley. I didn’t see any malice whatsoever in your attempt and getting ahead in the game. Keyword: game. I fully support your tactic, although less hurtful words could have been chosen. But all in all, I think you’re great.

Comment by Angela — August 18, 2011 @ 7:44 am

50. I’m thinking oragami, having multiple syllables, is a Japanese art, not Chinese.

Comment by Clueless101 — August 18, 2011 @ 9:11 am

51. Good blog, Blake. Nicely written. I don’t necessarily agree with your tactics in the game when it comes to Melissa, but loved that you were one of the few that was actually strategizing!

Comment by JO — August 18, 2011 @ 11:58 am

52. Smart and witty, job well done Blake!

Comment by tashishui — August 18, 2011 @ 12:05 pm

53. Wow Blake, you are awesome at this!! The best blog I have read on here, except maybe Natalie Getz’s…:)

Comment by Kari — August 18, 2011 @ 12:39 pm

54. I love this blog. You’re such a great writer Blake. You really do use big words ;) I’m really glad you apologized to Melissa even though it is just a game. You seem like a stand-up guy and were always my favourite on Bachelorette. You’re definitely not like Bentley AT ALL. Can’t believe people compare you to him. Anyways, you’re my favourite on Bachelor Pad and I really hope you win the $250,000. :)

Comment by Courtney — August 18, 2011 @ 1:53 pm

55. Sorry you are not one of the final 4 (I read Reality Steve). Definitely entertaining. Great blog. When Holly stated that you “use big words” she meant it. Maybe you can teach her a few now that you are her flavor of the month.

No chance of The Bachelor coming your way. Intelligence is not something the producers are looking for in a lead.

Agree your blog is damage control, but definitely well written. Sadly someone like Melissa who has been beaten down repeatedly would take your actions as face value. She was easy to play. Sad woman.

Comment by sunnyside422 — August 18, 2011 @ 3:22 pm

56. Attn: Layla

Listen up, I might use a “big word”. My narrative was to provide a scenario that would juxtapose the women (if there are any) in his life and the act of acquiring the final prize of BP. Would Blake think it was Ok for someone to use/play his sister (let’s just say) to win the money? I’m guessing, no he would not. My point from a global perspective is that he did not have a good strategy regardless of whether Melissa had a meltdown or not. He broke his alliance, and would be going home eventually. Natalie Getz and Dave Good won, but they didn’t degrade, disrespect or humilate anyone. There is a big difference in how they played the game and Blake’s actions. Although, I’m not sure you have the ability to discern this fact. Is it worth it to act like Blake for $250K? This prize would be nice to have, but at the expense of your integrity lost on national television. I can’t believe Blake is that desparate for the money.

Also, what does this mean?

“And I’m sure he doesnt need to worry about the females in his family if his intelligence is any indication.

So, if he is intelligent, then he doesn’t have to care if the women in his family are maligned (big word, I hope you all can handle it! :) unnecessarily or publicly. Mean is mean no matter the level of intellect. Oh, I get it, the women in his family wouldn’t act like Melissa because they are also intelligent. One’s intellect does not rule the heart and emotions. No one should be criticized for having feelings. Blake, chose to take the low road on this one, and is busy digging himself out of a hole. I think he might be busy with this little project for a while. Sorry, but I’m just calling it as I see it.

No mom or sister or aunt or cousin related to him would allow herself to behave the way Melissa did– for any reason.”

Comment by AC Second City — August 18, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

57. It seems to me AC Second City wants to start their own blog. Maybe you could call it Scorned Women Stick Together. I love how you completely ignore the fact that Melissa was so desperate to find love and “Feel like The Bachelorette” she let herself fall for a guy after going on a single date. If filming was three weeks, they were only in the house at this point for a few days max. Desperate much? Being THAT emotional in a game where cooler heads prevail wreaks of immaturity. At least Blake had a strategy. Melissa just decided to grovel to Kasey, who deemed her expendable. Not much intelligence there. Just calling it like I see it!

Comment by It's Just TV — August 18, 2011 @ 4:04 pm

58. Great read, Blake!

Comment by luvsunshine — August 18, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

59. Ironic that everyone that is defending Blake is also using big words, hmmmm, seems like BLAKE himself may just be writing all of the comments defending himself. We are on to you schemer.

For the above person who said that the show only taped for 3 weeks and that it was desperate for Melissa to develope feelings in a matter of days must not have watched Ames and Jackie!!!!

Comment by Jessica — August 18, 2011 @ 7:03 pm

60. Dear It’s Just TV –

Sweetheart, let’s first establish the use of the appropriate possessive pronouns – HER own blog not their.

Also, I am not a scorned woman at all. Far from it. My point was to highlight the fact that Blake’s words and actions are indicative of a person without much regard for others. BOTH he and Melissa are playing the game quite terribly, and will go home without a chance in hell of winning the grand prize.

BUT, Melissa at least reached this place without degrading someone else. I’m guessing that Blake at this point sees the difference between her strategy and his. He should since he will be busy working on repairing his image.

Thanks for reading my mini-blog. It’s so sweet of you to bestow that title to me. Hugs, AC Second City

Comment by AC Second City — August 18, 2011 @ 11:20 pm

61. all I can say is you are so hot and honestly you deserve to win the money! kick some ass Blake!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Violit — August 19, 2011 @ 2:01 am

62. Blake needs to get over himself. He is a conceited pompous ass. and hello 1999 called, they want their hair style back

Comment by Mary Katherine — August 19, 2011 @ 3:47 am

63. It would be great if the show threw in a twist at the end by choosing the contestant with best character. Ames has my vote!

Comment by Jennifer — August 19, 2011 @ 4:31 am

64. Let’s just hope you never have a daughter – the long arm of Karma is like a boomerang. Even if what you did was strategic – what you said was reprehensible. Ooh a “big word”. Seriously those of you enamored by big words apparently need to read more books :/

Comment by Debi — August 19, 2011 @ 4:52 am

65. TeeHee, AC Second City — you make me laugh!! You go right ahead and school everyone — obviously Hooked on Grammer worked for you! But, while you’re at it you might want to check yourself. “I don’t think Blake is that desparate (sic) for the money” is actually spelled “desperate”. You’ll find it in the dictionary right next to Melissa Schrieber’s picture ;-)

Comment by Layla — August 19, 2011 @ 6:03 am

66. I bet Blake uses big words to disguise his insecurity about himself

Comment by truestory — August 19, 2011 @ 6:09 am

67. A little baffled by how many times the phrase “big words” has come up in reference to how Blake Julian speaks. Every word he has used both in the show and in this blog should be in an average person’s vocabulary…

Comment by Just an observation — August 19, 2011 @ 8:09 am

68. It seems to me like a lot of fans of the “Bachelor” franchise have trouble differentiating between Bachelor/ette and Bachelor Pad. BP is a GAME where people are competing against each other for a lot of money. It’s like Survivor, not The Bachelor. If anyone was walking into the pad expecting anything other than lies, deceit, and being used, then they know nothing about the show.

So while Blake might not have put on a good case for his sainthood, flirting casually with Melissa was not a particularly evil deed. Melissa’s emotional reaction just made it seem like they must have been in a relationship or something for her to act that way. Really, I don’t blame either one of them for the whole thing because I don’t think either one is a bad person or anything. Blake just didn’t realize that Melissa would fall too hard too fast, and Melissa didn’t realize that she would get that emotional.

Comment by Licia — August 19, 2011 @ 2:20 pm

69. Dearest Layla –

Doll, you got me didn’t you, and I’m glad I make you laugh.(We all need humor to brighten our lives) I bet you feel so much better now. I know I would. If this helps you feel better about your defense of the questionable behavior and motivations exhibited by Blake then move forward and prosper. My post to your comments was to call into to question your logic which in my opinion makes no sense, but I imagine we won’t agree on much.

If you read my comments, I never actually come to Melissa’s defense of her behavior as the show has unfolded. She needs to take a serious look at how she handles relationships and open her eyes to the ridiculous lines proffered by Blake and other men of his ilk. These guys are so transparent.

Kudos to:

Mary Katherine – Yes, 1999 is about right for the haircut. He looks like a NKOTB wannabe. I don’t see how women can find this guy attractive, but each to their own.

Just an Observation – Yes, I’m so glad someone finally pointed this out!!! While Blake’s vocabulary is better than the other Bachelor bloggers (Csinsak and Good, oy vey, these guys are a couple of simpletons), everyone should know these words. Is origami a big word?:)

Happy Friday to all especially Layla and It’s Just TV:)

Comment by AC Second City — August 19, 2011 @ 2:45 pm

70. Blake simply because you know how to use a Thesaurus does not excuse your behavior. You apologize on here but do the opposite on twitter etc. KARMA’s patiently waiting for you be aware she might smack those pearly whites right out of your mouth

Comment by Whatever — August 19, 2011 @ 10:33 pm

71. Blake,

You should continue blogging. It’s been a good read! Not everyone on the show seems to be aware that they are living in a game and that’s a shame. To steal a line from Kasey, they seemed to lack the wherewithal to “guard and protect” their own hearts. Hopefully your blog will help clarify your intentions with those who question your actions.

If you are ever looking for real love, you should consider doing the Bachelor. You seem like a sharp guy with a good head on his shoulders. Not to be unkind, but watching half a season with a man and his therapist as the Bachelor has left me ready a season where the Bachelor already has his head square on his shoulders. Best of luck to you!

Comment by Elizabeth — August 20, 2011 @ 12:54 am

72. You guys are cracking me up! It’s a REALITY SHOW. Blake and Melissa are characters! Have you ever heard of scripted reality shows? That’s all it is! Blake and Melissa are probably friends and laughing at all of the buzz that this is creating. They are there to entertain us! Guarantee they are friends.

Comment by Kathryn — August 20, 2011 @ 1:33 am

73. I must be biased towards liking Blake because, here on a Saturday, I’m thinking of next Monday’s show. I’m invested in wanting to see a mutual attraction scenario take place!

Comment by C.J. — August 20, 2011 @ 8:14 pm

74. C.J. the only mutual attraction that will happen involving Blake, will be with Blake and himself. Even though deep down he is probably seriously insecure, he try’s to act overly confident to compensate.

Comment by LaurenAmanda — August 20, 2011 @ 11:43 pm

75. Blake,

Really was a great blog. As everyone has already mentioned, you writing style is great. You may have missed your calling. However, you can apologize for what you said and what you did, but you should act on it to. I follow you on twitter and I’m disturbed by how many people calling Melissa crazy you were retweeting. You’re creating more drama and showing how petty you can be. It seems like things have actually turned out well for you, so maybe it’s time to grow up and move on. Don’t keep rubbing the poor girl’s face in it. I’m sure you’re a good guy deep down, but prove it by being a bigger purpose and showing that you’ve moved on from this nonsense. It’s just a show, and it isn’t worth treating people that poorly.

Comment by Kylene — August 21, 2011 @ 1:43 am

76. Kylene, you’re quite right. I’ll admit it, I let my emotions get the better of me while I was watching the show. It was a difficult thing to go through (much more so than the viewers know, for both Melissa and myself) so reliving it again on screen was tough. I let myself get caught up in it, and it was petty. You will not see a repeat of that behavior from me. I’m sorry.

Comment by Blake — August 21, 2011 @ 5:46 am

77. Blake — how very gracious of you to accept constructive criticism and grow from it. That reflects that you truly are a wise, good man. Your blogs reflect your wisdom and wit just as the show depicts your charm and good looks! I’m impressed. I am not sure what a man of your caliber sees in a woman like Holly, but to each his own.

You truly are the star of the show!

I look forward to seeing more from you.

Comment by Latrine — August 22, 2011 @ 12:39 pm

78. what said said about melissa was really mean, and it put you in a bad light. if you were truly sorry you wouldn’t have engaged in a twitter war with her. grow up you guys aren’t tweens.

Comment by le — August 22, 2011 @ 8:36 pm

79. Dear Blake,
    Melissa is crazy and I am so sorry you have to deal with her on the show! Your blog proves that you are a smart, kind, sincere, and all around great guy! Best of luck to you! Your eyes and smile have all of us women voting for you to win!!! Keep your head up! Try and stay out

Comment by Nursekate82 — August 23, 2011 @ 7:04 am

80. … Try and stay out of the drama…
    ( sorry, stupid I phone). Good luck Blake! I hope you win!!! :D

Comment by Nursekate82 — August 23, 2011 @ 7:05 am

81. Blake- Dead eyes, disingenuous smile, manipulative and void of emotion. A narcissist with a personality disorder.

Comment by Suzanne — August 24, 2011 @ 1:16 am

82. Blake,

I completely understand what you’re saying about the Melissa situation. My honest opinion though: I know it’s a game, but from the beginning, you knew that she was into you and when the attraction and/or chemistry is one sided, it’s unfair to take advantage of that when feelings can arise so easily. I know it was a strategic move, but when you know someone’s already into you, I don’t think that’s right. Granted, it was a little surprising that she developed such strong feelings so fast, but I don’t think you should have egged those feelings on. She should have left her emotions and feelings at the door though, as this IS a game for money. It would of just been morally right to have said, “Hey, I think we would be great partners in this game, let’s team up.” Just being upfront with a girl you know who’s into you already is the best policy — especially when most girls think with their emotions and guys think more logically. I just think it was unfortunate how you took advantage of her emotions.

Just my two cents, but I know you didn’t mean to intentionally hurt her and I commend you on your apology. Whether it’s for love or money, sometimes you can’t help your feelings; you just feel – no matter what the end result is supposed to be.

Comment by Nikki — August 26, 2011 @ 11:20 am

83. I wouldn’t kick you out of bed.

Comment by Courtney — September 1, 2011 @ 5:57 pm

84. Put. The. Thesaurus. Down.

Comment by AQ — September 2, 2011 @ 12:49 am

85. Blake, I LOVE YOU. K thanks. :)

Comment by Kimberly — September 24, 2011 @ 9:23 pm

86. winter wedding dresses 2012…

[...]Blake’s Bachelor Pad Blog: Episode 2 | The Bachelor[...]…

Trackback by winter wedding dresses 2012 — October 29, 2011 @ 5:09 am