Chris Bukowski’s Bachelor Blog: Episode 4

Well, we knew the intros with Sean working out had to come to an end eventually, but we never knew what it would change to. This time we got to see a little further…down. The Bachelor kicks off with Sean wearing basically nothing –  shocking! Already the best episode so far, right?

For the first one-on-one date, Sean takes Selma to a desert to rock climb, and take her out of her glitz and glamour. Selma comments about him taking an Iraqi to the desert! Bam! Hot and funny – definitely one of my favorites. I thought she did a hell of a job climbing that rock, and part of me thinks Sean liked the view from below better than the view from above, if you catch my drift.

After, they go get cleaned up and head to a trailer park, cuddle up and get to know each other. Foreshadow: the trailer park looks very similar to Blakeley and Tony’s date on Bachelor Pad. They got engaged and that failed…not a good sign. Not to mention I was seriously scared that Selma was going to
pop out of the trailer and donkey punch Sean in the throat.

There are obviously sparks of chemistry between these two, and Sean really wants to kiss her. Selma lets Sean know that out of respect for herself, her family, and her religion that she cannot kiss him until she’s the only girl he’s dating…On that note, count Selma out for Bachelor Pad 4.

What can I say about the group date? It’s God-awful. I will start out by giving a ton of props to Sarah for being so inspiring. This show is as much of an emotional roller coaster as is, and even though she was feeling an extreme amount of emotions and was put in a situation she was uncomfortable, she never once acted like a drama queen. It shows that her feelings are real, she’s real, and she’s there for the right reasons. I think we can all learn a lot about how to deal with frustration from Sarah. I’m glad she mustered the courage and got back out there rolling!

I definitely thought the first one to be hospitalized this season would be due to Tierra…but that prize went to Amanda who took a hard fall onto her jaw- after lying to all of the girls to intimidate them…nice work, Amanda.

Cartoon reference of the episode: Tierra reminds me of Taz from Looney Tunes. You can literally see her head spinning from envy and plotting her next vicious move.

Roller derby turns into free skate and I’m ready to fall asleep…Luckily, that part’s over and we’re on to the night portion. Lindsay gets Sean to the hot tub with her and she looks smoking hot.

Tierra-ble must have watched too much Bachelor Pad before coming on this show and she’s confused that “The Bachelor” is about finding love, not about winning. Either way, she is playing the best game ever. Sign this girl up for Bachelor Pad. Tierra played Sean the right way and ended up scoring the rose for the night. Do I think Tierra playing this game is fair to the other girls playing nicely? No. Do I think it’s freaking hysterical and brilliant? Yes. I’m not sure if it’s the things Tierra actually does, or just the looks that she gives that intrigues me more. So far it looks like she’s got Sean right where she wants him and that means we’ve got a lot more Tierra-ble television ahead of us!

Leslie H. gets the next one-on-one date, and also the next ride home. Sean takes her on a “Pretty Woman” type date and she’s ecstatic. There was definitely not chemistry there and I don’t blame Sean for sending her home when he admits that this date was the perfect setting for romance and he just didn’t feel it with her.

The rose ceremony once again begins, the girls’ emotions start fluttering out of whack and they drown their sorrows in a glass of wine – the usual.

Thanks to Robyn and her chocolate, I’m confused as to which kind Sean likes. White chocolate? Dark chocolate? Milk? Was this necessary? Help me.

Tierra gives a cold-hearted apology to Jackie and Robyn…seems odd…I wonder what she’s got up her sleeve once she gets them back on her good side…

Catherine sneaks away for some alone time with Sean and she’s already easily one of my favorites. She’s naturally gorgeous and seems to have a very Sean-like personality. I’m sensing a one-on-one date next week.

I can only hope the doctor didn’t order Amanda to exercise her jaw by kissing, because Sean sent her packing at the rose ceremony, and she’s out of there!

My favorites are now: Catherine, Selma, Lindsay and Leslie M.

Do you all think Tierra is Tierra-ble?

Who do you think should get the next one-on-one dates?

What did you think of Sean’s ass? (I feel like that’s important.)

Until next time…

Chris B

1. My favorite is still des so I want her to get a one on one. Yes, she is extremely tierrable

Comment by Wahid — January 30, 2013 @ 1:41 pm

2. A+ on Sean’s ass (because it is important!) and at one point I could see a bit of ball-age hanging down. :-)

Comment by Beth — January 30, 2013 @ 2:16 pm

3. Nice try looking more sensitive to women on this round, but ya blew it with the donkey punch comment.

Also, Catherine didn’t do anything but act like she wanted to make out with Sean, so indeed it’s true … you are actually as shallow as you seemed to be on pad. Not to mention, you read the spoilers, yah?

Comment by marti — January 30, 2013 @ 2:54 pm

4. Your blog is my new fav since Spivey stopped hers this season! I agree with you except Ashlee is in my top 4 favs for sure!You need to add pics with captions in honor of CBEF….just once!! :)

Comment by Lydia — January 30, 2013 @ 3:48 pm

5. Did you notice how Tierra looked like suuuuuch a creep when Sean left to go get the rose for her. She say there on the ground with this creepy smile looking at the camera! I kinda hope she gets voted off not because she’s annoying but because I wanna see her reaction. She would go crazy!

Comment by Nadine — January 30, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

6. The donkey punch reference was to Blakely during the Bachelor pad.

Figuratively.

Comment by you suck — January 30, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

7. Hey Chris! I think Tierra-ble is ridiculously immature, and she greatly over-estimates her own importance! Plus, she’s not near as cute as she thinks she is. I mean, yes, she’s hot but did you see the swim suit clip on the previews for next week? Chubbily-Bubbily!!! Her fat rolls were shaking on down to China Town! If she was a nice person, I wouldn’t comment on her premature obesity BUT SHE’S NOT A NICE PERSON! I do, however, hope she gets a one-on-one next week because it will up the drama level to at least 24,000,000 x pi squared! Catherine is an absolute doll! Love her! She’s so pretty and funny and quirky and awesome! Hoping she gets a one-on-one next week, too. My favs? Des, Catherine, and Leslie M! Des because she’s so cute and sweet, Catherine because she’s quirky and totally random, and Leslie because she’s smokin’ hot! Plus, she’s Joe Cool! Question for you, Chris…who would you say is the hottest girl in the house? Now, same question for everyone else… Later, Gators! :)

Comment by Piper Faust — January 30, 2013 @ 4:05 pm

8. I love reading your blogs. I also love how I agree with mostly everything you say! Although, I don’t agree with you on Catherine. She annoyed the hell out of me Monday night! She acts immature, annoying, and she acts like a 14 year old girl with Sean. It’s cute to be sweet and playful, but act like a woman. I still love Des and AshLee. They both seem sweet and genuine! My favorite is Lindsay! I think she’s adorable, sweet, and funny! I can’t wait to see her 1-on-1 on Monday! I actually like Selma even though she was a little ridiculous with the kissing thing. I really didn’t think she would be that funny!

Comment by Ashley — January 30, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

9. I think it’s much of the same, Chris. I think they are trying to edit Tierra like they did Cortney on Ben’s season, except….Tierra is well, very immature. And your right, it’s not a game, and she’s in it to win it. Not a good sign, long term.

I appreciate Selma’s wish not to kiss him. I think if the camera’s weren’t on them she would have and who knows probably did, that what she said, she couldn’t do it on camera. She’s a spark plug that one, and I think she’s getting a bad wrap.

The editing for Catherine was terrible. It was the 1st time we really saw them interact, yet she said they have interacted a lot. too bad we aren’t getting to see it.

I’ve watched every season since the show started and it appears that they are more concerned about drama than they are finding love, not that that works for the most part either, just saying.

Good job on the blog.

Comment by Donna — January 30, 2013 @ 4:19 pm

10. Yup, I agree with everything you said. I can’t stand Tierra and where in the heck did Catherine come from? They haven’t shown much of her and I forgot about her. I instantly loved her as soon as she pulled Sean away from the other girls. She should definitely get the next one on one. She’s beautiful, genuinely sweet and looks like she would have a good sense of humor.
    Sean has a nice butt!!! lol… Too bad I’m married or else I would have been trying to sign up to be his bachelorette. I LOVE that he is a Christian and so respectful of the girls and you can totally tell that with his date with Selma. Oh Sean, why do I have to be married? :-)

Comment by Whitney — January 30, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

11. He finally got rid of Amanda, now if we could just get rid of Tierra…I am embarassed to say she is from my home state…I feel I should warn all the guys of Denver…Many of the girls on there, I DO feel are genuine and that they even like each other…But here’s an idea…send Tierra to Bachelor Pad next time and let the claws come out. Nah, that might not work. Everyone hated Kalon on Bachelorette but loved him on Bachelor Pad…and everyone loved you on Bachelorette and well, didn’t love you so much on Bachelor Pad. :) All I have to say is I hope he gets rid of her AND that he watches the show to see what a conniving witch she is…

Comment by Shannon — January 30, 2013 @ 4:33 pm

12. It’s funny how other women deciding whether to kiss or not to kiss, and then came Catherine, who had been falling out of the radar, just swept Sean away from everyone and then passionately hugged and kissed him. They have good chemistry together!!! :o )

Comment by Sandie Angel — January 30, 2013 @ 5:14 pm

13. She looks like Deena from Jersey Shore! See the resemblance?

Comment by Rosie — January 30, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

14. eyebrow-able.

Comment by elizabeth — January 30, 2013 @ 5:54 pm

15. You all are funny.. thank you for the comments.. and Yes the “Donkey Punch” reference was from Bachelor Pad.. so sorry if I offended anyone..

Comment by Chris Bukowski — January 30, 2013 @ 5:57 pm

16. Chris;
    Yes Tierra is Tierra-able! She is looks and acts just like my son’s ex girlfriend (if i could upload a pic i would) You are right, she is there for a “prize” not the love or so it seems. My fav is Selma and Sarah…On another note, I am trying convince my best friend that she should apply for the Bachelorette! She is a beautiful person, inside and out and has been through some remarkable experiences, including a divorce. She is finally ready to get back into the game and find a gentleman…..fingers crossed she will agree and you guys will pick her….

Comment by April — January 30, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

17. Your love is headed towards others (not Tierra) but I consider Chris to be lovable.

Comment by CCj — January 30, 2013 @ 6:32 pm

18. Great blog Chris! I totally agree with everything you said. I liked Selma a lot after her 1 on 1 date with Sean, she looks like a very cool girl with a great sense of humor so as of Monday she’s on my top 3 for Sean. In respect to the whole “can’t kiss you because of my family” I felt it was somewhat ackward to say since she is in bachelor where kissing is basically expected. Does she really think Sean will propose to her without having kissed her?
    Moving on to Sarah I felt so bad that she was placed in that scenario where she obviously had a big disadvantage. I don’t understand why Sean did that.
    Tierra-ble argh I hate this woman! She’s a complete
    psycho! She’s not only very immature but fake and only wants to win, she can care less about Sean. Obviously she’s an idiot because like you said Bachelor and Bachelorette is about finding love NOT winning money. I can’t stand her and hope Sean sends her home asap!
    My favorite girls are: Selma, Leslie, Ashley, Desiree and Catherine.

Comment by Adriana — January 30, 2013 @ 6:43 pm

19. Much better blog this week….definitely more time, thought, & humor! My faves are AshLee…that girl impresses me more & more every week. Also, really like Catherine, & Lindsey. Get annoyed with every second Tierra has screen time, however her & Amanda would be unbelievable Bachelor Pad matherial.

Comment by Leslie — January 30, 2013 @ 6:54 pm

20. Great recap this week, keep up the good work
    I really like Leslie M.and Catherine, they are cute

Comment by Lindsey — January 30, 2013 @ 7:08 pm

21. Much better blog!

Comment by Vanessa — January 30, 2013 @ 7:47 pm

22. Chris, I really liked your blog! I loved how you noticed how naturally beautiful Catherine is. She seems very genuine. I know some people think she is immature, but I feel like it is a breath of fresh air. She just kind of word vomits stuff, and it is just adorable.

Comment by Tina — January 30, 2013 @ 8:48 pm

23. Great blog! Thanks for clarifying the donkey punch reference and for the apology. :) Have a good rest of your week!

Comment by Beth H — January 30, 2013 @ 9:08 pm

24. Huh? You write “I’m sorry if I offended anyone”. Will the real Chris please stand up. It’s very hard to take that statement seriously when on Bachelor Pad you didn’t care who you offended, you had not a drop of compassion for any of the women’s feelings and used the women simply as devices to achieve your goals. I’m not even sure you wrote this blog yourself – but looks as though you’ve snowed at least a dozen people commenting here that either didn’t see your behavior toward women on Bachelor Pad or are into psychologically abusive, narcissistic, immature men.

Comment by Cheryl — January 30, 2013 @ 10:52 pm

25. I agree with you saying the group date was God awful and also agree with you about Sarah. She is an inspiration.
    I don’t see chemistry between her and Sean but she is a class act. Love the Tierra-ble!!!! Can’t tolerate the way that girl acts and the name totally fits.
    Great blog again Chris!
    Oh, was watching Enlightment Sunday night and Luke Wilson’s character Levi said “I’m an f’ing grown ass man”! Think the writers are fans of The Bachelorette. That is YOUR LINE……:)

Comment by Claudia — January 31, 2013 @ 5:16 am

26. I completely agree with you, Cheryl. I also doubt he wrote this himself. I don’t think he has the brains, and certainly doesn’t like women (as evidenced by his behavior on BP), but ABC is giving him the chance to write this blog, so he is happily extending his Z-list fame. This guy is a true pig. It’s sad that some of these people actually think he’s a decent person. He’s proven he’s a slimeball many times over.

Comment by kris — January 31, 2013 @ 6:45 am

27. Better blog this week. My favs are AshLee, Sarah and Des.

But I gotta agree with Cheryl, I wouldn’t trust you truly having a woman’s best interest at heart anymore than I could throw you. But maybe in real life you’re not that bad, but what the world has seen doesn’t make me hopeful.

Comment by Michelle — January 31, 2013 @ 6:56 am

28. Definitely a much better blog this week!
    Also, to Chris — since Michael Stag uses the bottom part of his blog to talk about his extra-curricular activities that the public might be interested in, could you keep us up-to-date about your restaurant? I’m in the DC area, and a trip to Baltimore is certainly in the works once you’re up and running!

Comment by Jenn — January 31, 2013 @ 7:45 am

29. As evidenced by Chris’ blog last week, he is not a natural writer, and certainly has a weak command of the English language. I found this blog virtually unreable as well. Just random disjointed observations. Nat’s blog was hilarious and fun…this one….uhhh…

He probably did have someone else write it for him since he is writing this blog to get PR for his Bachelor Nation restaurant business and wants to keep his name in lights.

Again, how can people be snowed by Selma? Not kissing out of respect for family and self, but throwing her body across his at hello and wearing breast-exposing tops is OK?

Based on Chris’ Bachelor Pad conduct, I am not surprised he finds Selma’s behavior acceptable. He probably thinks this is who women are supposed to dress and act.

Nothing sweet, innocent, or respectful about Selma. I couldn’t be less impressed with her.

Comment by Fran — January 31, 2013 @ 12:30 pm

30. *how

Comment by Fran — January 31, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

31. I like Tierra. I think it’s crap that everyone overlooked Robin talking major crap about Tierra to her hair stylist where Tierra could hear her on the photo shoot group date. Robin is the bitch. Tierra hasn’t done anything nearly as nasty and has every right to be on the defense. The girls didn’t like her from the first second she walked in the house with a rose on night one. I was happy for her because that would feel amazing, but that’s a bad position to be in as far as the other girls go.

Comment by Brin — January 31, 2013 @ 1:02 pm

32. @Fran – I agree w/your feedback.

Comment by Ashley2 — January 31, 2013 @ 3:24 pm

33. Thanks, Ash!

Comment by Fran — February 1, 2013 @ 10:10 am

34. I really like Catherine and Lindsey too and hope they get the one-on-one dates next week. Selma doesn’t seem right for Sean. Tierra is all wrong.

Comment by Annie — February 2, 2013 @ 1:44 am

35. I think Lindsay (who wore a wedding dress) is the one to watch. Rumor has it she makes it quite far and she is a sweetheart.

Comment by http://topreasonstolovethebachelor.blogspot.com — February 2, 2013 @ 5:01 pm

36. LOL, Selma looked like a pro at that climbing. (Girls are finally learning, and putting what they would love to do as their biggest fear in a pre-show interview).
    Selma became unavalilable and more attractive to Sean, but I have to agree with most of the comments: If you respect your parents’ supposedly strict opinions that much, then you don’t go on a tv show to find love, flaunt your hot body like that and have your hands all over Sean (why is kissing the big deal then?). But is she there for love or fame or…?
    Selma is stunning and was my favorite from the beginning, but now I have my doubts about her and her sincerity (about going to the show).

I’m liking Ashlee better for each episode.

Also, sad not getting to see more of Leslie M. I like her too.

Tierra is good tv, so luckily she did not go home yet. I don’t seee her staying that long, even if Sean likes her. She creates too much drama, but I’ll miss her drama once Sean figures it out and sends her home.

I liked Catherine until she started having conversations with Sean, seems like it is too much focus on sexual chemistry from her all the time. Maybe I need to see her more, because in her interviews/conversations with girls I like her.

Desiree and Lindsay seem like they say whatever Sean would like to hear. Lindsay making that baby voice when shee talks to him is annoying.

Sarah said she doesn’t want guys to think that to date a woman with a disability is more emotional, yet she seems to cry/complain about it too often. Maybe it’s the editing, but it has been a lot of focus on that.

I liked Leslie H, but as soon as I saw she would be going on a date, it was apparent Sean was told to bring a girl that there was a possibility he could send home. Until then he has just been handing out the roses.

Sad to see Amanda go, she she was growing on me and had a lot of funny lines in this episode. I think it was funny she pretended like she tried that skating thing before.

Comment by SJ — February 3, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

37. Two mentions of “Tierrable”…are you reading RS?

Comment by spellingnazi — February 3, 2013 @ 3:41 pm

38. @Fran I agree your feed back as well!

Comment by Michelle — February 4, 2013 @ 10:46 am

39. I think the people who criticize Chris are ridiculous. You are the one reading his blog! Do you really have that much time on your hands to sit down, take the time to find the blog of the person you obviously did not care for and then insult him? Who cares if he can’t write as well as some? If you want to judge his character then some of you should do your research because this person that is so awful in your book apologized profoundly for his behavior, does a lot of charity work, just opened his own restaurant AND just started a charity that funds finding a cure for MS. Maybe some of you should take the time that you spend insulting him to do the same.

I love Ashlee F. She carries herself extremely well, is full of confidence and stays out of the drama that seems to follow some of the other girls. I also like Des, Lesley and Sarah. Amanda was scary. I don’t know how many more shots of her looking like she wanted to die at a Rose ceremony I could take. I couldn’t help but smile when she fell (while hoping she seriously did not injure herself.) Tierra is not normal. I really think she threw herself down the stairs. I also think that she really is in this to win it and she might have a shot at Sean’s expense. She doesn’t seem to have a caring bone in her body.

I have to say that I like Selma. I think that she was dressed attractively. Did you want her to wear a Mu-mu? She is competing with other women who are allowed to kiss and do whatever they want. I don’t think she was all over Sean at all. She was obviously attracted to him and trying to respect her parents wishes at the same time. More girls should carry themselves a little like her and less like a shark going after its bait.

Comment by Jen — February 4, 2013 @ 5:48 pm