Constantine’s Bachelor Blog: Episode 1

The claws come out at night

Genuine, funny, honest, laid back, confident, a little on the goofy side and most of all drama free. This would be my reply to anyone who asked me what Ben was looking for in a woman. I’ve got to say that Ben has himself a very beautiful cast of women to choose from and I don’t feel sorry for him…yet. It’s funny, during your entire interview process the one thing that is constantly asked of you is: “what are you going to do to stand out?” With that in mind I’ll go over my standouts from the first cocktail party.

Rachel Rose – She comes from a long line of Bachelorette contestants so she’s well versed at remaining calm and collected on camera. I liked her approach and she came across as a genuine person in a situation where it is very easy lose your mind and go toe to toe with the other contestants. Her private conversation with Ben was solid and I give her points for asking the tough questions first. Ben also gets a star for replying honestly when he states that he has no clue if he’s ready to marry anyone straight out of the Limo.

Jenna – If you are a relationship “expert” then I am Pulitzer Prize winning writer! The awkward silence however brief, seemed to last a lifetime and I actually tilted my head towards the TV with the hopes of hearing the Crickets chirping away in the Hollywood Hills. I really hope she can tune out everyone else, relax and focus on just having fun. You cannot worry about Monica’s reasons for being on the show; she is not the person who will keep you from finding true love, you are!

Kacie B. – Or a young Sandra Bullock? Either way she seems sweet and a little goofy, I like her chances.

Holly – I’m not a big fan of props; ask Jeff AKA “The Mask” how his worked out for him. The lone exception to my policy would be dental floss, mint, wax free!

Lindzi C. – Nothing says first impression rose like riding in on a horse. Well played, I tip my hat.

Monica – Oh hello! Miss Brutally Honest! It’s easy to say you’re not feeling “IT” after spending a very engaging 9 minutes and 27 seconds standing next to Ben. The hard part comes when you’re trying to make the decision to leave but aren’t sure that you’ve really gotten the time needed to make such a life altering choice. Trust me.

Shawn – Tough format for a single mother, I applaud you. The Soccer Mom taking Ben out front to kick around a Soccer ball was just too much and earns my first Irony Award for 2012. I’m in a generous mood so I am also giving Shawn the award for Least Affectionate Departure with the good, ole’ fashion arm slug.

Jennifer – I suck at math but according to my calculations the answer is 3.275. I loved her approach the first night by keeping things simple while staying away from any and all drama.

Lyndsie J. – Too bad, I was pulling for her. I’ve got a thing for London ladies and I think Ben would dig her goofy side.

Amber B. – AKA “The Baconator,” good luck getting that name to un-stick.

Courtney – Well, the confidence is there and she seemed to share a child-like goofy moment with Ben over his mid-level curl (can’t argue with that logic). I have a feeling she doesn’t play well with others or will it be that others don’t play well with her?

Emily – Beautiful, smart and weirdly awesome. As goofy as it was to watch a white girl rap you’ve got to admit the lyrics were pretty tight. I can tell you for a fact that Ben appreciates her linguistic skills. She’s the only person that has ever made communicable diseases sound so sexy!

So for better or worse that’s who caught my eye so far. See, I know women and I sense that the rest of the season will play out with all the girls becoming really good friends as they realize how special of an opportunity they have been handed. I picture that these ladies will develop a deep sense of understanding that love isn’t so much a competition as it is the bringing together of two people who were destined for one another.

Did anyone just buy that?

From the first show, I am guessing that the rest of the season will be much like a nature show where the Lions, Tigers, Cheetahs and Jaguars (notice, I mentioned all felines) will assemble around the arid watering hole, fighting for the last sweet sip of water who in this case, happens to be wine maker named Ben.

It is natural for someone to fight for what they want, but sometimes this can be counterproductive. I had a saying that we adopted in the house last season: “it’s always ladies choice.”

All you can do is be honest and open and the rest will work itself out.

Questions & Comments? Hit me up on Twitter @contzor

1. Monica is a wild child and she needs to exit ASAP!!! She needs to take Jenna with her. I am not sure if there is one girl in the group that would be great for Ben!!! I will continue to watch…..

Comment by Myra — January 5, 2012 @ 11:46 pm

2. Stormhorse deserves Courtney, two of a kind. ’nuff said.

Comment by Mindy — January 6, 2012 @ 12:22 am

3. So glad you’re blogging, Dino!

Wish Ben would’ve picked Lindzi, Kacie, Emily, or Nicki… not terribly as impressed with Courtney as he seems to be. Hope he’s happy….

Really wish he could have found himself a nice hometown gal, as you seem to have done…. sigh….

Hope you’re able to be a friend to him as the season winds down… he may need to lean on you a bit…

Happy New Year!

Comment by lee — January 6, 2012 @ 1:01 am

4. “I have a feeling she doesn’t play well with others…” Ding ding ding ding! yhoo.it/wG4Bpa via @YahooTV

Comment by fan — January 6, 2012 @ 2:17 am

5. I really enjoyed reading this blog because Dino really knows Ben so you get a genuine perspective on how crazy this ride is. I think he nailed it in regard to the girls and I am glad for Ben’s sake that he has a great fiend like this who has been there. Good job!!

Comment by cindy zamora — January 6, 2012 @ 4:35 am

6. It’s definitely “doesn’t play well with others” for Courtney – she already made the statement that she was better than the other girls! And those nasty smirks and faces Monica was making at the rose ceremony!

Comment by Linda — January 6, 2012 @ 4:46 am

7. Monica the snot, Jenna the Crybaby and Courtney who is in love with herself all need to go! The other girls seem nice and normal.

Comment by Marge — January 6, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

8. Dino, can you stop being so vain highlighting your character last season and focus on Ben please? I think that is what this blog is about.

Comment by you're so vain — January 6, 2012 @ 7:56 pm

9. I felt there was too much drama in the house. For once I would like to see The Bachelor or Bachelorett be down to earth people just having a good time and seeing how things play out. My gosh there can only be one man and one woman left at the end. Ben really needs to take his time. He just needs to find which one, if any, works the way he likes.

Comment by Sue H — January 9, 2012 @ 4:45 am

10. i hope i’m right, you never know – Kacie B. is the girl with everything – looks, brains, good taste! My fave. Nothing annoying about her whatsoever! my family and i have tuned in every show, first because Constantine was on, but now because it’s such great entertainment. GO KacieB!

Comment by marina — January 9, 2012 @ 8:16 pm

11. Hmmm Constantine states in the article that he “knows women” however last season on the Bachelorette he said he “Naturally feels closer to guys than women”. Im not so sure….

Comment by KR. Ushing You — January 10, 2012 @ 1:50 pm

12. Tzortis, ….i am a little surprised to see you will be doing a “blog”….i am a hUGE fan of NatGetz and her style blogs with her supreme sarcasm….but , i am TOTALLY digging’ the Boy SIde of the adventure!……..and since you and Ben were , sweetly and respectfully, called the Rafe’ Twins….(as in Nadal)…i know YOU will be able to access his choices like no one else….semms as if you boys are “kindred spirits” in more way than just looks…..your personalities seemed quite similar to me on many occasions!….(just COOL well balanced dudes, with laid back attitudes, optimistic outlooks on life, with twisted dorky sense of humor/s!) …..oh and Tall , Dark and Handsome….(which needs to be a given, in my book , to even get to the “goods!”…..)…..i’ve enjoyed reading this first blog….and look forward to ALL that comes !…good luck buddy! xoxo Pam………….

Comment by Pamela B... — January 13, 2012 @ 7:26 am

13. I think there are some really nice girls on the bachelor this season and I think if Ben plays cards right he will find his Queen Bee. Monday night there were some very nice girls that went on one on one dates. I think there is more then Kasey B in the running here.

Comment by Sue H — January 17, 2012 @ 9:06 pm

14. huh where did my coment just go?

Comment by MoreThanOne — May 30, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

15. hey where’d my psot just go?

Comment by ACatMoreThan — May 31, 2012 @ 1:14 am