Courtney Robertson’s Bachelor Blog: Episode 3

Well things seem to be heating up nicely on Episode 3. We open up to Sean at his own private mansion, running on the treadmill. Wait for it…shirtless ;) Hey, if I had my own private gym I would probably be doing the same thing. Sean seems to have a great balance, he’s confident, strong minded, yet humble and down to earth.

Its only one week into it and Sean finds himself really digging a lot of women. There are 16 girls left, and Sean is looking forward to the moment when he can picture his life with just one of these women. And you know all of these women are looking forward to that moment as well, but there is still a long way to go. I don’t know about you guys, but I am excited to watch his love story unfold.

The best advice you could ever give anyone on the Bachelor would be exactly what Chris Harrison says when he brings the first date card: “Use your time wisely, whenever you see him, make it the best.” Well you can lead a horse to water, but 16 girls, one perfect guy…things are about to get dicey.

And the first one on one date goes Leslie M. How long will this love last? Sean takes Leslie to the Guinness World Record Museum on Hollywood Blvd. Where we learn his dad holds the record for driving across 48 states in the shortest time – 97 hours and 7 minutes. So it’s pretty cool that Sean is following in his father’s footsteps, and is about to set the record for longest on screen kiss. Leslie is up for the challenge, and knows how to work the hands during their record breaking kiss of 3 minutes and 16 seconds. This hasn’t been my favorite date to watch, but its nice to hear that this has been the best day of Leslie’s life. I don’t see a huge spark between these two, but I think that might have something to do with the lack of eye contact on Leslie’s part. It makes sense though after she explains Sean makes her nervous. They end the date by admitting they’re both developing real feelings for one another. If these two end up together they will have a great story to tell their kids, and if they don’t I hope the girl he picks breaks his own world record with him booyah!

The theme behind this week’s group date is ‘all the girls really NEED real time with Sean.’ Having lived through a couple group dates myself, I can say they’re not that fun to be on. The only thing that makes them feel worth it is having that one on one time at the end of the day. This date reminds me of the baseball game we played on our season in Puerto Rico. Instead the girls are playing beach volleyball, and the winning team gets to go on to the night portion of the date. Watching, I already know Kacie B’s team will win, because she is a great athlete. Sure enough, there are lots of tears, while the winning team celebrates their victory. Moving on to the night portion of the date. Lindsay has a great one on one with Sean securing the rose, while chapping all the other girls asses. I’m really at a loss for words seeing Kacie B confide in Sean about the drama with the other girls. I don’t want to pile on Kacie. I’ll just go back to what Chris H said in the opening scene…use your time wisely, make it the best. This was like watching a slow moving car crash.

Tierra makes a bad joke while reading the next one on one date that goes to AshLee. Things get worse for Miss Tierra when she takes a spill down the stairs moments before Sean picks Ash up for her date. Yet it doesn’t really take away from Sean and AshLee’s lovely date. They get magic mountain all to themselves for the day. But Sean has a great surprise and AshLee is more than happy to share the date with Emily and Brianna, two life long friends that have never been afforded the opportunity to meet. You can tell it makes AshLee happy to see Sean so happy, and Sean realizes AshLee has a huge kind and caring heart. I have goosebumps watching this date as dreams come true with AshLee’s touching story, and Sean’s favorite Eli Young Band serenading them. I really like these two together.

The girls are a little frenzied at the rose ceremony, pretty typical. I like to see the girls taking charge and getting their quality one on one time in with Sean. I really think it can make all the difference. Sean handles being pulled in every direction well and seems to be connecting on many different levels with each girl. The thing I like most about Sean is he radiates genuine warmth, as you can see when he surprises Sarah with a quick visit with her pup. Girls are falling faster than ever this season, and I can’t wait to see what happens next week. Maybe Sean will start to fall too, and I don’t mean down the stairs.

1. Love your blog Courtney! Tierra is being painted as the villain, but you can never truly judge someone you see on an edited reality show. :)

Comment by Bex — January 23, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

2. Hey, if I had my own private gym I would probably be doing the same thing.

Very funny Courtney. I can’t believe how much my opinion about you has changed. I’ve been so bored this season that I’ve been wishing you could give Tierra lessons on how to be more interesting.

Hmmmmm, would you ever consider being the Bachelorette? I would love it.

Comment by ilja — January 23, 2013 @ 6:14 pm

3. Another great blog! You are a good writer and it is easy to read what you write! Thank you! :)

Comment by Beth — January 23, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

4. Great Blog!!

Comment by Sandra — January 23, 2013 @ 8:04 pm

5. You are gorgeous. Oh, and your writing is enjoyable.

Cheers!

Comment by Joe — January 23, 2013 @ 10:27 pm

6. ….Miss Courtney!….i have been a bachelor purist since the days of Alex Michel!….OY to the VEy!…!…..(yeah, THAT LONG!)….i am also a NatGEtz’s #1 fan!….haha!….(not to sound like Kathy Bates in Misery, but, she has a style and humor that is right up my alley……smartastic, yet NOT CRUEL…(which is a delicate balance!!)..the point is….i’m diggin’ your style, as well….i really like your “Tone”….and i feel as if you “Focuc” on some genuine and interesting things…..i truly enjoyed YOur season w/ Ben…and i can’t tell you how many times i defended you and that hot ass bikini/beach shizz!…..ha!……as you know, you “made” the season…..and it’s refreshingly cool to see you bloggin!……..if i may, i’d like to offer a bit of advice…i would just say, give us MORE!….more of the “Courtney” we got to see n hear on the show!…..YOU are one FUNNY girl……and it feels as if you are “holding back” a bit…..because you may be afraid of any further “backlash”…..as i’m sure it could NOT have been easy or was not easy fielding the “HATER’s Sh*T”….after your appearance!…..(those who live in Glass Houses trow’ the Biggest Stones!!!….as we ALL KNOW!)……however, one , with good instincts, can easily tell you have a tender inside, and use “humor” as a defense mechanism……but, it is the HUMOR that sets you apart!….don’t be shy to use it a bit more!…….or perhaps show us some insight on what YOU DID, or “lived thru” on your season….to cope or to “WIN!”…….”Don’t hate the playah’ , hate the Game!”……and remember: Haters Gonna Hate, honey, that is THEIR JOB!…..”…(katt williams)……Keep up the GREAT work…..and give us a bit more HUMOR as the time rolls on!……Yous’ is one funny chick!…….BEst of Luck in ALL you do!……read ya later, mama!……xo Pam

Comment by Pamela B... — January 24, 2013 @ 7:09 am

7. Sorry I’m not gonna bug you on this again (we all do), but I’m still kinda waiting for a little more juicy blog since you’ve been there before and we’ve seen how funny you can be.
    I would like to hear your honest opinion about girls and the drama etc, but then again it’s easier for me to come with an honest opinion because nobody knows my face and can’t bug me or hate on me that easy.

Anyway, I think Tierra stealing attention was smart move in one way, since Sean really seems to like her, but if you’re going to pretend you fell and hit your head -go all the way girl! ;) I like watching Tierra, she’s good TV.
    Also don’t know why girls hate on Amanda, so what if she doesn’t want to smile and be friends with them, but I realize more and more this process makes a person crazy if they really take away your phone, music etc. Of course the girls start driving each other crazy in the end. In a way it’s a cruel, strange project, but I assume everybody knows what they are signing to be a part of.

I actually like him with Leslie. She doesn’t seem to suck up to him, or trying to say what he wants to hear quite as much as the other girls. I hope that if she doesn’t win she becomes the next Bachelorette.

And Sean was totally cute crying while AshLee told her storry. Which girl didn’t go “awww” then?

Comment by SJ — January 24, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

8. Pretty proud of you for being fairly gracious about the Kacie bit.

Comment by CCj — January 24, 2013 @ 8:19 pm

9. Major detail missed — the two girls have mitochondrial disease. Too bad the show didn’t explain what this is so that it went right over Courtney’s head.

Comment by marti — January 26, 2013 @ 11:18 am

10. Courtney…. good to hear from you. I feel like I’m reading an e mail from a friend as I didn’t miss a minute from Ben’s series. I agree with you that AshLee and Sean make a good couple. She is gorgeous and has such a loving heart. It seems Tierra is the ‘Courtney’ in this Bachelor series, but she is no where near as good as you at playing the villian! No offense. Hope you and Ben are well and I look forward to reading more of your blogs on the Bachelor series.

Comment by Bill — January 26, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

11. I love your analogies Courtney! Nice to read your bloogs every week! (I’m doing some catching up with this season!)

Comment by Cecile — March 4, 2013 @ 11:57 am