DANA WEISS’ BACHELOR FASHION BLOG: EPISODE 2

1first

It’s week 2 of the Bachelor, and by now all of Sean Lowe’s women should have adjusted to life in the mansion. But things are not looking good for Katie.

Whether it’s the extra hormones or the hard water, something isn’t balanced in Katie’s chi. The yoga instructor bows out early from the most dramatic pool party ever, but not before conferring with Kacie B who’s been in her shoes before. Kacie has become this season’s Yoda, admitting you’re smarter the second time around.

Meaning this time, Kacie brought extra hair serum and a flat iron.

Live and learn, Katie. Live and learn.

Also this week, we were treated to what, on paper, sounds like the most awful first date ever. Sarah wins the coveted one-on-one date where she accompanies Sean off the side of the building.

And if you think that’s bad, Sean later treats 12 of the women to a group photo shoot for Harlequin Romance. You could practically hear last week’s eliminated Ashley P (50 Shades of Gray girl) screaming at her TV.

Then Sean treats Des to some delightful hijinks, staging a private showing of a 1.5 million dollar art piece, and then making her think she broke it. But the biggest practical joke is when he serves her oven broiled steak and frozen corn.

And suddenly Sarah’s is like the best. date. ever.

At the rose ceremony Robin addresses the elephant in the room: this season’s multicultural Bachelor. Like everyone in America, she’s wondering if Wonder Bread comes in other flavors. And Sean assures her that he may be wholesome, but his taste in women is as diverse as the food court at your local mall. Panda Express, Sbarro, Carnegie Deli – Sean will eat from any corner of the globe.

And then there were the clothes.

The Best:

robinrobin_bachelor_yellow

Robin in BCBG. I love the color and the movement of this dress. Chartreuse is a tough color to pull off and I love how it looks set against Robin’s complexion. She added this belt herself, and I think the whole look worked for her.

lesleyleslie

Leslie M is all about the firsts. She got the first kiss and the first bandage dress. In case you missed it, Leslie M. is a political assistant. Wearing Herve Leger. So I’m just gonna put it out there and let someone else start the conspiracy theory.

yellamandaanimaatjes-the-ring-76831

Like Robin, Amanda pulled off chartreuse in a bold rosette dress by ABS. The statement shoulder and shocking color were a great ploy for Sean’s attention. But with hair and an attitude inspired by that creepy girl from The Ring, I have to admit I wouldn’t be surprised if three days after watching the Bachelor, we all ended up dead.

Worst:

lindsaycruella-deville-300x213

Lindsay is one of my favorites. She’s funny, and pretty and doesn’t take herself too seriously, so I was heartbroken that she decided to come dressed as a cross between Cruella DeVille and a black and white cookie. While Lindsay apologized over and over for her wedding dress on the first night all I could think was, “go put the wedding gown back on.”

lesleym

From last week’s Cache prom dress to a lace turtleneck mini dress, Leslie H can’t get off my worst dressed list. I love lace, but it’s so easy to go from delicate to doily, and the neckline on this dress is all wrong. Maybe next week, Leslie.

tierra

I know I’m in the minority, but I like Tierra. A lot. She’s good TV and gives great eyebrow, but girl, we need to stage an earring-intervention. No wonder Tierra is so mean to the other girls. By the time she got a rose her earlobes must have been positively killing her.

Next week the weight of Tierra’s earrings proves to be too much, and she falls down the stairs and Sean practices all the kissing tips Arie gave him on a date with Lesley M. See you then.

Want to see where you can get the dresses seen on the Bachelor? Check out my blog and don’t forget to like me on Facebook and Twitter because everyone deserves love.

1. I recently discovered your blog via Twitter via Courtney Kerr and I am absolutely obsessed! Your personal blog is everything any couch potato, queen of reality, trash T.V. diva who happens to love clothes (like myself) dreams about. And now your Bachelor blog is something I look forward to each week! Your blogs are amazing to read because their real, honest(hilarious), and make me consider getting rid of cable to afford more clothes (get real, that’s never happening.)

Comment by Daisy — January 16, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

2. Love it.

Comment by Carin — January 16, 2013 @ 3:00 pm

3. Who is Dana Weiss?

Comment by umm — January 16, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

4. You’re just so funny and witty. I just wish you watched ALL the shows I watch (or the other way around) so I could hear your takes on them on Twitter. Hilarious. And you’re helpful and kind to your “followers” too – glad you’ve gotten the cred you deserve.

Comment by BSheer — January 16, 2013 @ 6:58 pm

5. @umm- Did you not read her first blog last week? lol. Dana is nobody. Just a cool person living in Chicago who writes the funniest tweets during the show!

Comment by Beth — January 16, 2013 @ 7:18 pm

6. Love this blog! :D

Comment by Jennifer — January 16, 2013 @ 8:12 pm

7. Anyone who reads this blog and enjoys it (…and seriously, who wouldn’t) should follow Dana on Twitter @possessionista. Her tweets during the Bachelor, and just in general are the best things to grace my twitter feed.

Comment by Esther — January 16, 2013 @ 8:32 pm

8. Great blog! Love your fashion recap.

Comment by Susan — January 17, 2013 @ 8:52 am

9. Alot of competition this season. I think this season has the most pretty girls, and the best fashion in one group. The girls are prepared, is it because of Seans awesome abs!!!The group date after party had so many dresses that are a must have.

Dana, can you find the black dress with shear that Leslie wore, and the white dress the girl that won the group date wore? I forget their names. Loved Tierra’s earings. Does anyone else think she resembles Lisa Presley?

Comment by Shawna — January 18, 2013 @ 8:58 am

10. Clever blog – one of your better ones. Keep it up.

Comment by Sarah Whitney — January 18, 2013 @ 11:44 am

11. I want to know what the brand of Leslie’s lace backless dress that she wore on her date with sean is!!! Thanks

Comment by Jackie — January 21, 2013 @ 6:17 pm

12. I want to know what is the brand of Leslie M’s lace backless dress that she wore on the date with Sean is.

Comment by Jackie — January 21, 2013 @ 6:20 pm

13. I want to know the name of Leslie M’s dress that she wore on the date with Sean. It was cream colored lace, open back with scalloped trim. It was beautiful!

Comment by Ashley — January 21, 2013 @ 6:27 pm

14. Where did Lesley M get the beautiful lace dress she wore during the record kiss date with Sean??? Love it!

Comment by Cam — January 22, 2013 @ 8:32 pm

15. Does anyone know if Dana still has her fashion website, I forget the link to it.

Comment by Melonie — January 23, 2013 @ 4:23 am

16. Yours is the best blog. Your personality is exquisitely entertaining with just a nice bite to it, but not so much it sours it!
    Random, How do bigger chested girls wear backless dresses? Seriously I’ve been pondering the options and none seem reasonable. I find the trend seeping into most places and some dresses I quite like. Should I just wait for the fad to pass?

Comment by Michelle — January 23, 2013 @ 8:23 pm

17. Where did Leslie M buy her dress she wore when she got sent home? I loved it,it was beautiful

Comment by Mary — February 11, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

18. your web link are very useable and thanks for contacting us.

Comment by BNandcompany — February 23, 2013 @ 1:01 am

19. Now I am ready to do my breakfast, after having my
    breakfast coming again to read other news.

Comment by Fashion Tips — May 10, 2013 @ 11:07 pm

20. Greetings! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics? Thank you!

Comment by karen millen new in — May 28, 2013 @ 5:28 am