DANA WEISS’ BACHELOR FASHION BLOG: EPISODE 3

roseceremony

It’s week #3 in the Bachelor mansion and all the girls are on their A game. The connections are stronger. The feelings are realer. And the hemlines are shorter than Jake Pavelka’s temper.

This week, each of Sean’s dates hoped overcoming their challenge would “take their relationship to the next level,” as we were reminded over and over during their interviews.

For Lesley, this meant making out with Sean for three minutes and forty seconds on Hollywood Boulevard without being stopped by the police for solicitation. For the rest of Lesley Murphy’s life she’ll be able to tell potential suitors, “I’m in the Guinness Book of World Records for making out with someone who isn’t you.” Wife material? You betcha.

For the group date, the 12 lucky ladies got to partake in a bikini commercial for Smack Sportswear; I mean volleyball game where the winning team scored extra time with Sean. Half the ladies ended in tears. Honestly, I would have started crying as soon as I heard the words bikini and volleyball in the same sentence.

Then comes arguably the greatest moment in Bachelor history. Props to whoever is responsible for sound effects on the Bachelor, because whoever recreated the “thud heard round the world,” deserves an Emmy. (One of those Emmy’s that they give out the day before. Not the Emmy that Ryan Seacrest asks you what you’re wearing.)

Tierra falls – not for Sean – but for the stucco stairs in the Bachelor Mansion. Having visited the Bachelor Pad this summer I can tell you firsthand that it is not easy walking down those stairs in Aldo wedges and a haze of anxiety and alcohol. Tierra hits the ground and raises the bar for every future Bachelorette, scoring some unexpected one-on-one time with Sean. Well played, Tierra.

For the final date, AshLee and Sean take over Six Flags for the day to prove that not everyone who meets on the Internet is pretending to be a Parisian-based male model. It’s a genuine moment, and a nice way to ease into AshLee’s dramatic backstory, but all I could think about was how much her feet must have been hurting by the end of that day at the amusement park.

We make it to the rose ceremony, where Sean has too much respect for Kacie to put her through the ceremony (and then tells the 15 remaining ladies that he just wasn’t into her.) He sends home Kristy because her sock bun makes him crave bagels and he hasn’t had a carb since 2003, and Taryn because, I mean, who?

And all that’s left to talk about are my picks for this week’s best and worst outfits.

The Good

lesley

Lesley M snagged the first date, scoring a chance at a kissing world record with Sean. But while the tourists on Hollywood Boulevard were screaming for the kiss, viewers at home were much more interested in Lesley’s open back lace dress by BCBGeneration. Lesley and Sean may have scored the Guinness World Record for longest on screen kiss, but the real prize was snagging my pick for best dressed this week. Well played, Lesley.

sarah2ring

Sorry for the crummy picture, but I am in love with Sarah’s fuchsia strapless gown by Naven. I loved the fit and the movement of the dress, but most of all I love the color. In a blink and you miss it moment, Sarah was wearing a three-stone turquoise ring which was a fun, unexpected color contrast.

The Bad

kristy2earrings

Poor Kristy thought she was going to an Axl Rose lookalike contest. To her dismay, it was a volleyball challenge instead. Kristy went home with a bathing suit full of sand and an ear full of rhinestone earrings. Tip: just because Claire’s sells them in packs of three doesn’t mean you have to wear them all at the same time.

ashlee

I know this won’t make me popular, but I hated AshLee’s Free People amusement park dress. I also hate the way she spells her name, but that’s beyond her control, and this dress was totally her choice. This dress is like a pattern for a needlepoint pillow before grandma got her hands on it.

lindsay

During her one-on-one time with Sean, Lindsay confides that she thinks she and Sean have a real connection. The kind where she could see him across a room, catch his eye and know what he’s thinking. You know, if I were in a room with Lindsay, and she caught my eye, she’d know what I was thinking too. I’d be thinking, “that is the ugliest necklace I have ever seen.”

kacieb

Next week Tierra always gets what she wants. Kacie B returns to tell Sean that Courtney isn’t here for the right reasons. And at least one more Bachelorette ends up with a head injury.

Sadly, I only made up one of these storylines.

See you next week.

Want to know where the ladies of the Bachelor got all their clothes? Check out my blog Possessionista, follow me on Twitter or tell me how much you hate me on Facebook and in the comments.

1. Great blog! I love all your tweets during the show. Definitely my fave. I wasn’t a fan of Ashlee’s dress (I refuse to put the capital in her name). It just didn’t seem to fit her form very well. Also, what on earth was Leslie H. wearing?!

Comment by Kaitlyn — January 23, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

2. Do you have a link to ashlee’s date dress? I couldn’t find it on the free people site. Thanks!!!

Comment by Vanessa — January 23, 2013 @ 4:53 pm

3. “And the hemlines are shorter than Jake Pavelka’s temper.” LOL! I love your recaps.

Comment by Karen — January 23, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

4. Haha great blog! I also hated Ashlee’s dress. And I’m surprised you didn’t make fun of the ridiculous conversation between kacie and Sean. Maybe you know her?

Comment by Sarah O — January 23, 2013 @ 4:56 pm

5. Funny and on point! Axl Rose…LMAO and very true. Not impressed with any of the styling this season except maybe for Sarah so far.

Comment by Candice — January 23, 2013 @ 6:35 pm

6. I love your blog, Dana! Your tweets are hilarious and on point too!

Comment by Beth — January 23, 2013 @ 7:16 pm

7. Enjoy your blog every week. Kacie B’s dress was awful! I read Natalie’s blog and she loved it and I was shocked! Love also how everyone has jumped on the Sean band wagon. Ha! So glad Emily didn’t pick him because she is way too high maintenance for him and he deserves so much better. Love this season and your blogs!!

Comment by Sue — January 24, 2013 @ 6:47 am

8. Thanks to your wonderfully humorous tweets during the show, instead of watching delayed on DVR to skip commercials, I’m stuck watching it live so I can follow along with your play by play. I’m cursing and loving you at the same time!

Comment by George — January 24, 2013 @ 7:11 am

9. I mean, could you be any more witty??? Totally agree with u on the dresses of Ashely (I refuse to spell it the way she does) and Kacie B. I think Kristy was confused and accidentally stuffed her sock bun and not her bra.

Comment by Laura — January 24, 2013 @ 7:12 am

10. Yayy, I’m totally in love with Sarah’s pink dress too! Her sense of fashion is great. But I think AshLee’s mini dress is not bad, it match her personality, gentle and feminine.
    Anyway, thank you & love you!

Comment by Lam — January 24, 2013 @ 7:27 am

11. Loved Ashlee’s dress did not like Leslie’s. opposites here. Does that mean I have bad taste? Leslie’s was ill fitting to me. And Ashlee looks good in anything.

Comment by Tamara — January 24, 2013 @ 7:36 am

12. Love Dana, Love the article and as always aspire to be as snarky as “Possessionista. Even if it gets me in trouble! I am for sure an appreciator of Sarah Herron’s style and agree – Kacie B needs to ditch the “body glove” dress – what a horrible way to go out of Bachelor the second time – in a bad dress to boot!

Comment by Lauren Pruner — January 24, 2013 @ 7:39 am

13. Hilarious and awesome as usual!

My fav part was:

“I hate to kick a girl when she’s down. No. No I don’t. I know a lot of people liked Kacie B’s colorblock dress from Bebe, but I thought it looked like she was styled by BodyGlove. All she needs is a Hypercolor sweatshirt and some flip flops and you’ve got a 1992 PacSun photoshoot.”

I love Kacie and also noticed others liked her dress, but I thought she looked like a scuba diver! She’s so beautiful and has such a great body, “NOT” well played Kacie.

Comment by Michelle — January 24, 2013 @ 7:51 am

14. Thanks guys! Love you too.

Vanessa, here’s a link to AshLee’s dress http://bit.ly/10NLWf9

And Tamara, no it doesn’t mean you have bad taste. I mean, if you said you liked the bandana then maybe… :) I agree that AshLee looks good in EVERYTHING but I just really hated the giant sunflower. I think there are great lace shift dresses out there. I just don’t think this is one of them!

Comment by Dana Weiss — January 24, 2013 @ 7:53 am

15. The giant sunflower was my favorite! not crazy about lace or the doily effect, but I really loved the flower..

Comment by Beth — January 24, 2013 @ 9:13 am

16. Thank you so much Dana!!!

Tamara I loved Ashlee’s and was not a fan of Leslies! I think you’re right Dana, Ashlee has an amazing figure and everything looks good on her!

Comment by Vanessa — January 24, 2013 @ 10:46 am

17. I liked Ashlee’s doily dress. I thought Leslie’s dress was way too short.

Comment by Amy — January 24, 2013 @ 7:21 pm

18. Oooops, you totally missed that there were two girls with a chronic disease on this show. Wow, of all the bloggers, a mother, you could miss that key part of the episode? DOH!

Comment by marti — January 26, 2013 @ 11:21 am

19. I didn’t notice Leslie’s dress, or lack of it, as much as her gorgeous legs!!! If you got it flaunt it and she looked great! I also liked AshLee’s dress as it accented her perfect figure perfectly. And I’m sure you are right, her feet much have been killing her at the end of the day but something tells me she wasn’t thinking of her feet. She is gorgeous and has a wonderful loving heart undoubtedly based on her childhood history. If Sean doesn’t pick her in the final scene he will be the loser, not her!

Comment by Bill — January 26, 2013 @ 3:36 pm

20. Where was Lesley’s dress from on tonight’s episode. (at the rose ceremony) It was white with rainbow accents at the bottom. So gorgeous and I need it!!

Comment by Jayma — February 11, 2013 @ 9:14 pm