DANA WEISS’ BACHELOR FASHION BLOG: EPISODE 4

Bachelor fashion

I always wonder what I would do if I were on the Bachelor. Would I save my cute clothes for the end and be cocky? Or would I be cautious and front load my cute clothes just in case I got sent packing?

Fortunately for Sean Lowe’s bachelorettes, it’s not an issue since all of their dates involve sweatpants and sneakers. (And also, I suspect some of them just don’t even own cute clothes. But we’ll talk about the Pretty Woman date a little later.)

Selma scored the first one-on-one date with Sean this week in Joshua Tree national park. This date had plenty of potential: a romantic wine tasting and picnic followed by U2 cover band serenade? HA! You wish! You’re going rock climbing and then dinner in a trailer park. Selma confesses to Sean that because of her conservative upbringing, she can’t kiss him on national TV. Good for her, but if a guy made me go rock climbing and then took me to dinner in a trailer park, he’s not scoring a kiss from me on a first date either.

Next up is the group date. And someone at the Bachelor must really hate these girls because they’re going to have a roller derby, which is basically the Hunger Games on roller skates. Amanda falls and possibly breaks her jaw, which means she’s no longer a contender for the fantasy suites. Tierra, realizing that this may have eclipsed her fall down the stairs last week stages a faux mental breakdown. Sean gives her the rose (and I suspect some Xanax.)

Last is the Pretty Woman date for Leslie Hughes. She and Sean go shopping at Badgley Mischka where Leslie tries on all the dresses and picks the one that looks most like a Hefty Bag. The two swing by Neil Lane where Leslie picks out a necklace that makes her dress look even worse. (She should have asked for a bracelet – the rhinestone neckline on the dress was blingy enough) The two have dinner and Sean says he doesn’t feel the connection. He sends Leslie home because he can’t look at this sad ensemble for one more minute. And when I say “he” I mean me.

At the rose ceremony, everyone is like, “eh, I’d rather be wearing sweatpants,” but they put on their dresses for the first time all week. Sean sends Amanda home with no explanation, but I suspect it has to do with the potions she was making in the Bachelor mansion.

And all that’s left to talk about is the fashion.

Best

robin

Robyn is consistently one of the best dressed at the rose ceremonies. She knows her body, picks beautiful colors and is really conscious of how a dress moves. She added this dress to emphasize her waist, which was smart – since pleats can add bulk to your frame. Overall, Robyn was flawless at the rose ceremony. Robyn should stick to picking dresses, and not pick up lines.

Amanda2

A lot of people commented that Amanda’s look last night was very Morticia Adams, but I loved it. The beaded dress, dark crystals, messy bun and dark lipstick was moody and kind of mysterious. Throughout the season, I think Amanda was thoughtful in terms of putting an entire look together – and I thought this edgy look worked for her personality.

des

I loved Des’ colorblock dress with the lace detailing. The black lace panels are so slimming (not that she needs it, but it’s a great trick for those of us who aren’t a size 0) and I love the color. Best of all, Des’ colorblock dress is totally affordable (I found it here for about $50.)

Worst

leslie

Individually all the pieces were pretty. The dress was interesting. The pewter shoes sophisticated. The necklace extraordinary. The gold bag elegant. But as an outfit the look was like Leslie got attacked by a manic Bedazzler.

AshLee

I know some of you are going to get really mad at me, but I hated AshLee’s blue zig zag dress. The neckline was boring, the print looked cheap and I’m pretty sure she was wearing white shoes. In case you missed it, I said white shoes.

`d2daniella

Daniella is one of the funniest bachelorettes. Her laid back style is so fun, but this ornate necklace competes with the ease of her casual dress. Coco Chanel always said, before you leave the house take a look in the mirror and take one piece off. In this case, I wish Daniella had heeded her words and taken off the Forever21 rhinestone eyesore.

Next week, Tierra still gets what she wants. But this time it’ll be for two days in a row.

Want to know where you can get all the clothes you’ve seen on the Bachelor? Check out my blog Possessionista. If you like me, you should like my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter.

1. There were a lot of other outfits … not much of a blog really.

Comment by Sarah Whitney — January 29, 2013 @ 3:28 pm

2. Well I liked your blog, Dana. I think highlighting the best and worst dresses is a good way to talk fashion. I also think your hilarious both here and on twitter. I want to be your friend!lol. I live in Chicago too, so that’s pretty awesome. Anyway, just wanted to leave you a comment because I think you/your blog/your twitter feed are awesome!

Comment by Beth H — January 29, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

3. I meant to say “you’re” hilarious. oops. Don’t want any grammar nazis getting on my case. hehe

Comment by Beth H — January 29, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

4. Completely agree about Leslie’s pretty woman outfit. The first dress she showed Sean (I think it was a brown or dark red colour) should have been the one she picked. I could tell she wasn’t going to make it through the night when Sean told her the pewter dress was ‘the one’. It told me that he really didn’t care what she wore and just wanted to get it over with!

Comment by Chele — January 29, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

5. @SarahWhitney which outfits do you think I should have mentioned? I’d love to hear your opinions on best and worst…

Comment by Possessionista — January 29, 2013 @ 5:11 pm

6. Couldn’t agree more about Leslie’s outfit. It was a bling overload. And Morticia Adams had her good days, but I’m glad she’s gone!

Comment by Jen @ HobokenGirl.com — January 29, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

7. I’m glad I’m not the only one critiquing these girls to no end. To be honest, Daniella bores me to death so I could care less what she has on. It fits her TV persona. Leslie was OVER-THE-TOP with everything she put together. The Dress looked like a really bad Prom Dress from the 80′s. I agree that the pieces she chose as accessories were beautiful, but know when to stop! I think she was just overwhelmed by by al of them so she chose all!

Comment by Melissa — January 29, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

8. Love it! Lets do every outfit next week!!! You have the time right?!?! And poor Leslie of all the dresses!! Pity.

Comment by Kristen — January 29, 2013 @ 5:38 pm

9. Love your blog and commentary! You are dead on with your critiques!

Comment by Erin — January 29, 2013 @ 5:39 pm

10. I hated Amanda’s lipstick! I agree, Robin always looks good.I am bummed you didn’t mention Tierra’s blue dress (bad) or Catherine’s killer heels (good). There is always next week x 2 :)

Comment by Lydia — January 29, 2013 @ 5:41 pm

11. @kristen, which outfits do you need? I have more posted on Possessionista.com

Comment by Possessionista — January 29, 2013 @ 5:41 pm

12. Love your blog and tweets!

Comment by Ann — January 29, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

13. I agree that Robyn is always the best dressed at the rose ceremonies.

Tierra, realizing that this may have eclipsed her fall down the stairs last week stages a faux mental breakdown. – HAHAHAHAHA!

Comment by Karen — January 29, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

14. I also loved Sarah’s dress. She accessorized really well with it also. I’m an overall fan of her style.

If I’ve learned one thing from Leslie H on the Bachelor this season, it’s how not to dress. I was cringing the with the dress, adding those shoes and necklace with it made it worse. But I almost lost it with the clutch.

Comment by Kaitlyn — January 29, 2013 @ 6:27 pm

15. Ummmm what about SARAH… def has the cutest style of the bunch… LOVE EVERYTHING SHE OWNS… x

Comment by Lize — January 29, 2013 @ 6:34 pm

16. Dana, the first thing I do the morning after a show airs is look for your blog posts. I. Love. Them.

Comment by Katie — January 29, 2013 @ 6:48 pm

17. Agreed! Totally agree with everything. But, Leslie didn’t really have a say in the amount of bling she had don on. She had to wear the earrings, and the necklace, which she didnt see until after she picked out her hideous dress. Poor Leslie.

Also, do you know where Robyn’s dress is from?

Thanks.

Comment by TAHTYANAH — January 29, 2013 @ 6:59 pm

18. @Tahtyanah Robyn’s dress was BCBG. I have it posted on Possessionista, along with Sarah’s dresses from the group date and rose ceremony (for you LIze! I love her style too)

Comment by Possessionista — January 29, 2013 @ 7:03 pm

19. Best dressed.. I loved robin’s dress. So feminine and soft I loved it. I even may buy the dress. Worse Ashlee’s dress was boring and ugly, and Amanda and Lesley’s makeup was awful. This is probably the worst dressed Bachelor season I can remember! Collectively these girls just aren’t cutting it! There are girls that look good most of the time, but in general they need some help. I feel like Dana you should make a house call!! Lol ;)

Comment by Megan — January 29, 2013 @ 8:03 pm

20. I actually really loved Ashlee’s outfit at the group date (the cocktail party). Also we all know Sarah was the best dressed last night, don’t be afraid to repeat yourself : ).

And I’m with you on Amanda’s outfit right up until the lipstick – I mean color aside, it wasn’t even applied properly! Made the whole thing look like a hot mess when it could have been cool.

Comment by Melanie — January 29, 2013 @ 8:14 pm

21. Great blog! The only thing missing is Lindsay’s dress under “Worst”- that dress was AWFUL and extremely unflattering, it definitely should’ve made it on the worst-dressed list this week. Other than that, everything you said was spot on.

Comment by Jennifer — January 29, 2013 @ 9:48 pm

22. I don’t quit agree with the ( trailer park) that was a really neat cool place, even had a pool. I think it is romantic… I think that trailer park would be a neat overnight date to take a women, and the trailers had a sort of Sutan harem theme to them. And they where in the middle of nowhere…Overall I think it is a nice mix up from 5 star hotels. i thought they were really cool!

Comment by Cy — January 29, 2013 @ 10:17 pm

23. Dana is the shiznit! Whether or not I care about this show, I will be reading the blog anyway. She has a style and a way of making EVERYthing entertaining. Love it.

Comment by LittleWil — January 29, 2013 @ 11:22 pm

24. I really loved Amanda’s rose ceremony dress. I’m totally into that “I didn’t try” look that is comfortable but sexy! A few shades lighter on the lips and some highlighting/contouring on her face could have done wonders. I also thought she was so bubbly and fun on the date….where was THAT amanda the whole time?!

I can’t even comment on Tierra. Few too many sips of crazy cocktail with an evil sidecar.

Sarah. She is stunning even when she’s crying! Love her rose ceremony selections, but I thought she was gorg in her sweats and glasses!

Awesome blog. You’re hilarious!

Comment by nina — January 30, 2013 @ 5:15 am

25. I love that you ponder whether or not you would frontload your cutest cocktail dresses if you were a contestant – I do the same thing!! I think I always land on the side of frontloading, just in case! I wouldn’t want to leave with any regrets, fashion or otherwise!

Love your blog and your hilarious live tweets – I always read them aloud to my technologically-challenged friends. Thanks for taking the time to write/tweet, it is highly entertaining and appreciated!!

Comment by Dee Tee — January 30, 2013 @ 7:15 am

26. Honestly, you’re hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh (especially the white shoes comment)!

Comment by Jasmina — January 30, 2013 @ 7:52 am

27. Would like to see the more casual outfits. Like the split back white sleeveless shirt Lesley was wearing at the house, and the night outfits on the group date.

Comment by june — January 30, 2013 @ 9:11 am

28. What did you think about AshLee’s group date evening outfit? It was a bit Sandy-from-Grease, but I thought she pulled it off well and I liked that she kept everything relatively simple, including the ponytail.

Agree on all counts about Leslie’s entire look, but frankly none of the options she tried on were impressive? I also couldn’t get past the fact that Neil Lane was making such an early appearance in the season – and on a girl he was sending home!

And was it just me or did it looks like Tierra was about to have a nip slip during her convos with Amanda and Sean? What did you think about her cocktail party look?

Comment by Courtney — January 30, 2013 @ 12:11 pm

29. Okay my thoughts – I think AshLee has a gorgeous neck. That sounds kind of weird, but I liked the “Sandra Lee” sweater because it showed off her beautiful silhouette. That sounds SO weird!

By Tierra standards I didn’t hate her dress. I just really, really, really hate her earrings. I mean I HATE those giant friggin’ earrings. She’s just a little nugget of a thing, and those earrings are so cheap looking.

@June the date outfits are all on Possessionista.com and I didn’t notice Leslie’s split back top! I’ll have to go back and watch. I was bummed that we didn’t see her much this week because she’ is consistently one of the best dressed.

Comment by Possessionista — January 30, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

30. can someone pleeeeease tell the bloggers that we do NOT need every blog to “recap” the entire episode?? what a creative idea to do a Bachelor “fashion blog”, but it would be SO much better if you talked about fashion the entire post. most everyone has watched the episode already, reading a blog is about hearing peoples’ OPINIONS about the show and in your case, fashion!! please give us more fashion commentary! bc that’s what you’re good at and what makes your blog unique and interesting. pleeeeeease!!

Comment by stacy — January 30, 2013 @ 6:34 pm

31. Im not really keen on Catherine’s dress.. and i love when they all wear Lululemon outfits for sport activities.. Selma is my fav so far, she rocks lululemon outfit during rock climbing lol..i think she’s the most beautiful girl in this season and i think the reason Sean is not going to pick her is because she’s kinda high maintenance lol.. i bet u anything she has some of loubi shoes and herve dresses in her walk in closet.. couldnt agree more with Leslie’s dress.. i think it’s kinda insult to Badgley Mischka when she represented their collection in a national television wrongly!

Comment by Susan — January 30, 2013 @ 11:49 pm

32. Who are you again?

Comment by spellingnazi — February 3, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

33. stacey, TOTALLY agree with what you said. Out of all the “recaps” (they aren’t real blogs) … I like Dana’s the best though, because at least it isn’t the 6TH “recap” with odd one-line opinion thrown in, in one week on this site.
    And before anyone says “don’t like it, don’t come here”, been said, don’t care. Come here to read Dana’s blog and this week decided to say something about these same bachelor “personalities” trying anything they can to hold on to their 15 minutes of fame … Calling yourself and everyone else suddenly out there as well (ie. Arie.. That killed me), is ridiculous. If I wanted a guacamole recipe there’s thousands on the web … I don’t want to come here and find guacamole. These people were on the show and supposedly have more “insight”? Ya right! Michael is Fleiss’ puppet by the sounds of his blog, which I did read this week, and he was totally trying to throw the viewers off.
    I’m just think it’s getting old and boring. Suddenly everybody who has ever been on the Bachelor becoming a “blogger”. You want to check out a real blog, go to Jen Frase’s page or even Ihategreenbeans – those are blogs.

And before you say it again, no I won’t be back to read these garbage recaps anymore. Except Dana’s. She’s cool.
    Cheers.

Comment by FlyFishMontana — February 6, 2013 @ 9:35 am

34. tiara cool the df down yo men your doing the most hate to be in a room with you sweetie you are just like a wanna be u know what im saying quit thinking your all that and i know your not even there for the right reasons so just stop and get outta there.

Comment by sabila gage — February 7, 2013 @ 11:56 am

35. Can anyone tell me who makes the necklace worn by AshLee on the episode she was sent home? Black and purple or plum gems? Love it want to buy it!
    Thx

Comment by Sal — March 4, 2013 @ 11:30 pm

36. Hi every one ! What a nice blog. I like it very much. It is very informative.Carry on.Thanks for giving such a use full information.

Comment by Cute Outfits ideas — June 18, 2013 @ 4:12 am