DANA WEISS’ BACHELOR FASHION BLOG: EPISODE 7

Maybe it’s because it’s Valentine’s Day and I know that, at most, only one of these women found love on the Bachelor, or maybe I’m just getting soft in my old age (and I’m not just talking about my mid-section) but I didn’t totally hate this week’s fashion.

lindsay

From the moment the girls stepped off the seaplane, they were on their A-game. I loved Lesley’s Yumi Kim print floral dress, and thought AshLee looked fresh and nautical in a striped tee from JCrew, but the standout to me was Lindsay in this zig zag print dress I actually described in my notes as “Missoni-ish.” I found out later that Lindsay was embarrassed to admit that the dress is from JC Penney, which just goes to show you that you don’t have to spend a lot to look cute.

And also that Lindsay thinks I’m a shallow bitch.

She’s not wrong.

ashleebikini ashleeshorts2ashley3

Ashlee scores the first date with Sean, and makes me want to give up carbs. From her teeny tiny 7 For All Mankind brocade shorts, to her teeny tinier bikini, AshLee had the upper hand long before she threw Tierra under the bus. It was only during AshLee’s Titanic-inspired outburst – I’m in love with Sean! I’m the King of the World – that I thought her fashion fell a little flat. At the risk of sounding like Tierra, no 32 year old should wear a crop top.

Not even with those abs. Which are, admittedly, spectacular.

lesleyprint ashleeombre rhinestone

Tierra gets the next one-on-one and instead of being thrilled shes…disappointed? Clearly she had been planning her entire outfit around the full body cast she was hoping to score, and it threw her whole date off. While Tierra cried into her snowcone, the ladies stayed back at the house talking shit about Calamity Tierra. (For those who asked, Lesley got her cover up in Morocco there’s a similar one by Soft Surroundings on eBay and I’m pretty sure AshLee’s ombre bikini is from Victoria’s Secret. )

The girls go on a group date, and I can’t really remember what they wore because I was so horrified that Sean would wake them up at 4AM to be on camera without makeup. I was also horrified because even at 4AM all three of them look infinitely better than I do after having my hair and makeup done professionally. Des and Catherine both open up. Lindsay gets the rose. And I made an appointment to meet with a plastic surgeon. Overall, it was a productive date for all of us.

ashleepink

Lesley scores the final one-on-one with Sean. She wears a coral, double slit chiffon skirt from Zara last summer. It was one of the most memorable pieces worn on the Bachelor this season, so it’s a shame Lesley will always look at it and think, “that’s what I was wearing the day Sean decided he didn’t love me.” By not saying she loved Sean, Lesley sealed her fate with Sean. By wearing this skirt, she also sealed her fate with me. Don’t worry Lesley, I will always love you.

1tierra

AshLee stages her inTIERRAvention, and – I can’t believe I’m about to say this – but Tierra has never looked better. This red maxi dress was a gorgeous color, the silhouette was perfect for her, and she traded in her giant Jersey Shore hoops for a pair of simple diamond (diamonelle?) studs. She and AshLee call each other honey a bunch of times in that passive agressive way that only women can and then Tierra, backed into a corner, makes the ultimate confession: she cannot control her eyebrow.

Sean finds Tierra sobbing on her cot-of-shame, and consoles her. He knows how hard it’s been for her to endure the hardships of being on the Bachelor while suffering in silence with “face incontinence.” Sean tells her he’s crazy about her and slowly summons the men in white jackets to escort Tierra off the premises.

Good bye, Tierra. Stay strong. And remember, they can take away your rose, but they’ll never take your sparkle.

roseceremony

At the rose ceremony, everyone except Catherine is dressed like they’re Lesley’s bridesmaids. AshLee’s marigold dress by Susanna Monaco and Lindsay’s green Banana Republic maxi dress both complimented Lesley’s rainbow striped maxi by Foley + Corinna. This was Lindsay’s best rose ceremony and a drastic improvement from when we met her in the wedding gown on the first night

When in doubt Lindsay, repeat after me, “always the bridesmaid. NEVER the bride.”

Despite all her worrying, AshLee got the final rose, along with Catherine and Des. And Sean sends Lesley home. And judging from Catherine’s reaction to Lesley leaving, they might be the first two people in the history of the Bachelor who “came here to make friends.”

Next week are the hometown dates, where Sean gets in a fight with Des’ brother, has a pushup contest with Lindsay’s dad and we finally get to see just how organized AshLee really is.

Want to know where you can buy the clothes worn on the Bachelor? Check out my TV fashion blog Possessionista. Follow me on Twitter and like me on Facebook for more Bachelor fashion scoop.

1. Awesome blog! Love it! Thanks for taking the time to do it! I agree, Tierra never looked better, if she could just keep her pie hold shut everybody would love her!

Comment by Michelle — February 14, 2013 @ 1:37 pm

2. Seriously hilarious. Great recap!

Comment by Karen — February 14, 2013 @ 4:06 pm

3. Do the girls get money to buy clothes for the bachelor? I feel that the average person doesn’t have as much money to spend on cocktail dresses as these ladies do. Or they are just a lot more fortunate than me!

Comment by Gal — February 14, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

4. Love your blog! I definitely agree this was the best week yet! I’m going to miss Lesley. I loved almost every single one of her outfits! I absolutely loved loved loved AshLee’s rose ceremony dress this week. I’m not a huge fan of yellow, but I liked the yellow for this dress! I must say, the past three episodes Lindsay has stepped it up! I love that her clothes don’t seem to be super expensive, but yet she still looks adorable! Banana Republic and JC Penney!? Awesome. She’s my favorite.

Comment by Meg — February 14, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

5. ROFlMAO! Love your Lesley’s bridesmaids comments.

I know I’m going to miss Lesley more than Tierra even if Tierra has been all the drama. Now if only TPTB would offer Lesley the bachelorette job. She would be perfect and funny.

Comment by ilja — February 14, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

6. I’m sad you didn’t mention des’ rose ceremony dress. It was definitely my third best after both of Lesley’s dresses. The colors and the length worked really well on her. I also really hated Lindsay’s dress.

Comment by Wahid — February 14, 2013 @ 7:28 pm

7. I’m sad you didn’t mention des’ rose ceremony dress. It was definitely my third best after both of Lesley’s dresses. The colors and the length worked really well on her. I also really hated Lindsay’s dress.

Comment by Wahid — February 14, 2013 @ 7:28 pm

8. Interesting Wahid, Des’ dress was from Forever21. I didn’t like it with the red necklace. That color combo doesn’t do it for me.

Ilja, I’d love to see Lesley as the next Bachelorette too. She’s funny and speaks her mind, but I think she’s a little too…I don’t know, practical? Maybe that’s the wrong word. I just see her being too smart to really let go on camera.

Yeah, Meg, I agree. I think Lindsay is adorable and I love when she wears a braid. We have very different taste in clothes (mine is better) but I think she’s the best match for Sean.

Gal: No, the girls bring their own clothes. I think a lot of them borrow from friends, designers etc. And, yes, some are just fortunate.

Comment by Possessionista — February 15, 2013 @ 7:34 am

9. Amazing blog I especially enjoyed this week’s column and laughed a lot! (You always make me laugh Dana but this week was a lot more than usual!). Unfortunately I ruined the whole fun of watching the Bachelor by reading the spoilers & I know everything that happens. Like an idiot. But I won’t tell, but I will say I’m happy with the ending. What I’m not happy about was Lesley leaving! I understand why Sean sent her home, but she was by far my fave, both bc of her fashion & her rockin’ bod! Come on people, you know you all agree! ;) And also thanks for the Lesley skirt ID Dana, I’m going to by one!

Comment by Megan — February 15, 2013 @ 9:06 am

10. While I would usually agree that 32 yr olds should not wear a crop top, I loved Ashlee’s outfit at dinner. She has an amazing body and they are on an island! Plus the colors were gorgeous. Therefore, I approve. :)

Comment by Sarah O — February 15, 2013 @ 9:22 am

11. Dana, is there any way you could find out the brand and color names of the eye makeup Sarah wore? It made her blue eyes pop!
    Thanks

Comment by vicky — February 15, 2013 @ 9:54 am

12. I always love your blog! I agree that Catherine and Lesley were some of the first to come on the show and make friends, but you can’t forget about Ashley H. and Ashley S.! They’re still friends! :)

Comment by Beth H. — February 15, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

13. I love your blog!
    Would you tell me please where to find Catherine’s dress? I think is cute.

Comment by Vera — February 15, 2013 @ 9:10 pm

14. I am obsessed with AshLee’s rose ceremony dress. Literally obsessed. I would love it even more if it was in a different color. It’s kind of bugging me that I actually really like Tierra’s red maxi dress. It fit her really well too and it’s the best she looked the whole time on the show. I liked the purple dress that Des had on, but that red necklace? Yuck. Hideous color combo and to me, it kind of made her look super young. Her hair didn’t help either. Lindsay’s green maxi dress is totally something I would wear. Simple, cute, and comfy is always nice. From the moment she walked out of the limo in a wedding dress and was hammered at the rose ceremony I knew I wanted to be friends with her. I think she’s hilarious and she doesn’t take herself too seriously.

My top two are AshLee and Lindsay. AshLee for her fashion sense and Lindsay for sean.

Your weekly blogs are a highlight and so are your tweets!

Comment by Jillian — February 16, 2013 @ 2:17 pm

15. Funniest blog ever! Loved the bridesmaid comment! I didn’t think Tierra looked her best though. Keep it up!

Comment by Claire — February 20, 2013 @ 9:38 am

16. What shoes was Sean wearing while meeting Ashlee’s folks?

Comment by Eric — February 21, 2013 @ 11:39 am

17. Great article, a good read. I am now hooked on this blog.

Comment by Alex — March 3, 2013 @ 8:59 am

18. Great blog and glad I found it. Certainly enjoy reading it.I will push my self to be back here soon again,

Comment by sandra push — May 2, 2013 @ 10:18 am

19. Great blog and glad I found it. Certainly enjoy reading it.I will push my self to be back here soon again.

Comment by sandra push — May 2, 2013 @ 10:19 am

20. Interesting blog. Was glaad to found that.

Comment by Appeal Fashions — June 18, 2013 @ 7:25 am

21. Wow just awsome nice clicks and posting …

Comment by Aksaya Fashion — July 5, 2013 @ 2:59 am

22. Hey guys! I have found a website with gorgeous dresses!! Most likely celebrity dresses!
    They are stunning!! http://www.ladyhabits.com/