Dana Weiss’ Fashion Blog: Episode 8

How is this possible?
You bring a man home. You introduce him to your mother. Your father. Your marching band. Your spray on salad dressing.
And he turns around, marries your arch nemesis in a faux rustic wedding using stolen Sex and the City vows before wearing his newly purchased cowboy boots to kick you to the curb.
Which just goes to show you,  if you want to impress a guy, you should really serve ranch dressing.
And speaking of impressed, I have to admit I was impressed with Courtney’s fashion this week, if not her half-assed self awareness that she might not have been as nice as she previously believed to Ben’s other girlfriends.
Courtney’s pleated, tiered dress
similar: Halston Heritage

Courtney is in it to win it. She staged a rustic wedding (and even upgraded to the fancy chairs.) Decked in an ethereal tiered chiffon dress and Frye boots, Courtney nailed the whole breezy bride vibe. But it was Courtney’s beaded Alice and Olivia beaded tunic at the rose ceremony that stole my heart.

Kacie ended her “winning” streak (say that in your best Courtney impression) opting for an understated dip-dye bubble hem tank dress by White House/Black Market.

I couldn’t help but wonder whether Kacie’s fate would have ended differently if she’d just stuck to wearing BCBG. Clearly Ben’s not a fan of the middle aged, mall store either, sending Kacie to cry into her spray on salad dressing.

No, I can’t get over the salad dressing.

Kacie’s black and white ombre tank dress by White House/Black Market
no longer available

Faring better? Lindzi who. Lindzi took a page from Kacie’s fashion wardrobe in BCBG’s little sister brand BCBGeneration, earning her the rose.
Lindzi’s one shoulder dress
BCBGeneration

Since we’re at the end, I’m straying from my usual focus of the rose ceremony, particularly because I thought everyone looked lovely this week to point out that while it’s great to mix and match patterns, genres, styles and even price points I think it’s inappropriate and frankly irresponsible to mix sequins with a cowboy hat.
My pick for worst dressed this week was Nicki’s cowboy glam outfit from the Vicky Gunvelson collection.
Giddyup
Before I ride off into the sunset, if there are other Bachelor fashion outfits you’re looking for, check out my fashion blog Possessionista.com

1. I love Courtney’s style…I usually love everything she wears.
    Thanks for your fashion blog Dana…

Comment by Deb — February 23, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

2. Funny, I didn’t like Courtney’s dress and shoes. I didn’t care for the color on her, and I thought the pattern on the material had a very “mother-of-the-bride” look to it. The shape of the dress was nice but that’s all I liked. The style/color of shoes looked like she had mummy tape wrapped around her feet and ankles. Sorry to disagree JMHO

Comment by Nancy — February 23, 2012 @ 6:55 pm

3. Lindsay has been knocking it out the park every week at the rose ceremonies. She always has on a cute dress and looks way more modelesque than Courtney has. Kacie B. followed behind in 2nd place.

Comment by Liah — February 23, 2012 @ 8:56 pm

4. Lindzi wins hands down in the dress department and by far the best Hometown date. She’s the total package, mature anf fun, pretty and smart, confident, serious but light…she is awesome and her family were lovely too. Still think she is too good for Ben. He needs to stick with Shallow Hal Courtney.

Didnt like Courtneys dress at Rose Ceremony – the colour didnt suit her, the cut was soooo boring, yawn.

Comment by Anna — February 23, 2012 @ 9:11 pm

5. Courtney is very consistent with her outstanding style. I do not get the pairing of those shoes with that dress during the rose ceremony though…the shoes were too loud for me. I think they should have been paired with a more simple dress.

Comment by Chris — February 24, 2012 @ 6:09 am

6. I’m surprised you didn’t mention Lindzi’s hometown outfit. I loved the blouse and jeans she was wearing. SHe really knows how to dress both for casual and formal occasions!

Comment by Phoebe — February 24, 2012 @ 9:40 am

7. Pretty is as pretty does. Don’t care for Courtney’s fashions at all

Comment by Max — February 24, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

8. I loved Courtney’s dress at the rose ceremony as well. Very elegant, timeless, and even a hint of an 80′s twist.

Comment by emy — February 24, 2012 @ 11:14 pm

9. Ben’s cream dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWt_DifczOM

Comment by richard — February 25, 2012 @ 3:33 am

10. “And speaking of impressed, I have to admit I was impressed with Courtney’s fashion this week, if not her half-assed self awareness that she might not have been as nice as she previously believed to Ben’s other girlfriends.”

Thank you for throwing this line in your fashion blog. All these other blogs about how Courtney is starting to redeem herself are ridiculous….she did NOTHING to redeem herself. She simply did a half-*** voice-over to try and get herself out the deep hole she dug.

Comment by aly — February 25, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

11. Any idea where Nicki’s striped grey & black shirt was from?

Comment by Erin — February 28, 2012 @ 8:15 am

12. Courtney is smart, pretty and has trained on camera work, she is also a model which is a very “bitchey business” so she can give better than she gets from regular girls. She has had to be competitive to get where she is which I think is pretty sad in American Culture. One winner a kazillion losers is their way of selling to young women.However Ben likes Courtney and lights up when she is around, she might be fake caring for him,for the show, but she at least is caring and giving him some down time on a very stressful journey.He was right to think the cheer leader was not right for him, lovely to tell her he was protecting her in letting her go. Ben and Courtney are dating on a game show people, how serious can they be ? Everyone knows the odds, they all want the spot light.

Comment by cathy tamboline — February 29, 2012 @ 1:55 pm

13. I Like Lindzi’s next door girl look. Casual is more closer to everyday fans.

Comment by Jenny — March 12, 2012 @ 12:36 am

14. I so love these fashions. This belongs to women.

Comment by Lace front wigs — August 16, 2012 @ 10:56 pm