DAVID GOOD’S BACHELOR BLOG: FINALE

Ben brings his sister and mother to meet the 2 girls. I really like both of them. They all seem very close and Ben’s sister is protective but open to what he wants and makes him happy.

It is easy to see why Ben is a good dude just from watching him interact with his family and how close they are.

Lindzi meets the family first. His family really likes Lindzi and even though Lindz was nervous she seemed to get along with them well.

Courtney is next. Ben changes so much when she comes around. It’s clear to me who he is going to pick as soon as Courtney walks into the picture. I am going to write more about this at the end of this blog.

It’s almost cruel to watch Ben go through the motions with poor Lindzi. He has spent the whole time talking about Courtney, defending Courtney and wanting his family to like Courtney. It’s clear that the game is over.

I feel so bad for her right now. She is such a sweet girl and so beautiful and about to get her heart crushed in front of all of America. I wonder if it bothers Ben it all? It has to bother him to go through the motions. I would be terrible at that.

At least she got to ski down a mountain in Switzerland. Seriously that looks like so much fun!

OMG this is unbearable to watch Lindzi pour her heart out to him say “I love you” and him say “that’s good.” She say’s she “is 100% sure of this” and has “never been more sure of something in her life.” Oh man this is gonna hurt her so bad. :/

As soon as Courtney comes into the room Bens voice goes into little puppy dog, kid voice.

The helicopter ride Courtney and Ben take is probably the best one you can take in the whole world. Unbelievable is the only way to describe it.

Let’s just skip to the crushing scene we are about to witness…I don’t know what to say. I guess all I can say is Ben you made a terrible life decision that I am positive as a man you will end up regretting.

We all know he picks Courtney at this point. I will add she looked beautiful in that dress. It is easy to hate on him and her because he did not pick who WE all thought he should. It is his decision and one HE is going to have to live with in the end.

I would like to say something about Courtney though.

At the beginning of the show it was easy to pick on Courtney for her actions and the way she treated the other girls. The things that would come out of her mouth were appalling, rude and just off-putting.

After watching the Woman Tell All however I feel different. Watching her reaction to what the girls were saying to her and how she handled herself up on the stage was upsetting to me. It is clear that something is not right about her. I am not saying this to pick on her but rather to defend her.

Making fun of her or putting her down at this point to me is like picking on a mentally handicap kid or a severely obese person. It is clear she has social disorder that she cannot help. She does not view her words or actions as the rest of us do because in her head what she is doing is not wrong.

I think her apology on stage was fake. She had to force a tear out. I don’t think this is because she is just a cold-hearted woman but because she is not real sure what she is apologizing for. She is only doing this because the people close to her told her she should.

She fits a perfect description of a Sociopath – (a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience).

Key words in that definition are “lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.”

Sociopaths have a lack of remorse, shame or guilt. A deep-seated rage, which is split off and repressed. They do not see others around them as people but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way. They also have a need for stimulation and living on the edge (skinny dipping), a lack of empathy, and are impulsive.

IF THAT DOES NOT DESCRIBE COURTNEY TO A “T,” MY NAME IS NOT DAVID LEVI GOOD.

I know a girl like this. Sucks because this girl is beautiful as well but she really can’t understand the way (normal people) think. The best way I can describe it is she simply cannot put herself in other people’s shoes and look at her actions from the other side. It’s completely dumbfounding and super frustrating to anyone who may know someone like this.

At the end of the day though it is a handicap that needs to be treated the same as other handicaps and not put down or made fun of but understood. Try and make the best of it because she won’t then, now or later understand what you are trying to tell her. Don’t let her beauty be the reason she “has to be normal or upstanding” because it’s a flaw that she is not doing on purpose.

I have to say that without her this show would have been miserable.

Ben is a good guy – I’m sure he’s nice and funny – but we did not get to see a lot of that on this show. This was my least favorite show I have seen to date and without Courtney I would not have even watched or blogged about it. I could not have sat through 2 hours of that.

I am SUPER excited to see Emily though. Guarantee the next show will make up for this one.

Have a great week everyone!

1. Dave stick to sports and forget psychology please.

Comment by andrea — March 13, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

2. I thought you were sociopath when you was on Jillian’s season :)

Comment by Yumiko — March 13, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

3. Sure you aren’t filling in for Dr. Phil or perhaps Dr. Drew ???
    A diagnosis of mental illness is not something YOU should even come close to touching. Not a good thing Dave!!

Comment by Mike — March 13, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

4. At best, Courtney is exhibiting a narcissistic personality disorder, but sociopath also seems possible. I hope the people who love her can find her help because either condition is really lonely and so very hard on the people she interacts with.

This was the first and last time I’ll watch this show – it was too painful.

Comment by Kristine — March 13, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

5. I agree David. To the poster above…it doesn’t take a knowledge of clinical psychology and/or an understanding of what intrapersonal intelligence is to see that Courtney has none. She has no real understanding of herself and I think isn’t sure who she is. Also, she strikes me as someone that is severely stunted in her social development as well as in her capacity to empathize.
    Oh yeah, and nice job ABC trying to cram Ben down our throats as a high caliber individual.
    Courtney is beautiful on the outside though and one of her personalities might even be considered kind.

Comment by Amanda — March 13, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

6. Dave! So so so so funny and accurate and amazing that you should write about Courtney’s obvious social disorder. We have been saying the same thing all season long and even created a poll (kinda cruel, we know…but, it’s TV?) to see which disorder viewers thought she had. I voted in our own poll for “sociopath,” but “borderline personality disorder” is the one that is currently winning (check it out here, scroll down to bottom: http://okhereisthesituation.com/2012/03/13/bachelor-ben-flajniks-two-tv-proposals-which-was-better/)

When people with personality disorders go onto The Bachelor (or any TV show) it’s just brutal to watch because, you’re right, they just don’t know any better. :(

Love reading your thoughts as always! I hope you’ll be blogging for Emily’s season too!

Comment by Penny Farthing — March 13, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

7. Good Blog Dave… Agree that Courtney is a Narcissist and bordering on Sociopath.. which those with a degree might agree that they sometimes go hand in hand. She does not realize (or maybe just won’t admit). Did anyone catch in the ITM that she referred to Lindzi as “what’s that girl’s name”… so despite the apologies, she was still shooting the arrows. I also believe that a lot of the voiceovers were once again added in after the fact. Once again there was an ITM where she had on the same blouse, but the hair was different and the earrings were missing. So, I am NOT a Believer! I’ve been married to a male version and I do not, for one minute, envy Ben, nor can I be joyful. Like you, I think he is going to be one very very very very very sorry dude…. especially if they DO marry and she gets half the stakes of the winery!

Comment by Floridian — March 13, 2012 @ 1:57 pm

8. PS to my last comment… I am no better. I did not heed the warnings of friends and family. I listened to those who said “go for it my friend”. Bad move.

Comment by Floridian — March 13, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

9. I was SURE you David Levi Good was a class A sosiopath, and I, unlike you, actually have a degree in psychology. So shut up, and dont try to act all smart when you are not.

I cant believe the things you just called Courtney in this blog. You are such a low-life person.

Comment by noreen — March 13, 2012 @ 2:08 pm

10. Yeah I agree with David, I think CR has a social disorder. I also dont think she is ready for a serious relationship, the man who is with her needs to be very patient and understanding..I dont see that with Ben, he’ll walk out.
    I’m sure in a few months you’ll be seeing single Ben at those bachelor reunions hooking up with some past contestant. And possible a contestant from his season. The guy slept with 5 women this season..He may go back for more dips of the ones he laid (Emily or Kacie B, Nicki,Lindzi, CR and Blakeley)
    Just watch Dave you’ll see it!
    Cheers

Comment by Thomas Knight — March 13, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

11. Noreen, I also have a degree in psychology , and a PhD as well. I’m only pointing it out because you pointed out your credential to discount David’s opinion. None of us can diagnose Courtney without seeing her as a patient, but I must admit that I started watching this ridiculous show at the suggestion of a colleague, and would submit that someone with Courtney’s behaviors does in fact exhibit strong symptoms of a sociopath. Much of this may have been manifested by her physical beauty that has allowed her to achieve whatever she desired through manipulation and seduction rather than healthy social interactions. David is correct that this is actually a defense of her; she knows no other form of socialization, and no one has intervened. This entire experience may be a hidden blessing for this troubled young woman, albeit at the expense of young Ben, who will undoubtedly reap the rewards of a booming wine business from the exposure.

Comment by Francesca — March 13, 2012 @ 2:47 pm

12. Oh, I agree it’s easy for people to pick on Courtney for her poor behavior etc. but Ben has only had eyes for her since Day 1. He’s been “going through the motions” as you put it from the very beginning. It was actually quite annoying to watch his interactions shift the moment he was with Courtney so in the end, he got what he wanted. (and he’s no good guy…he’s quite a chump. He was just as rude through his behavior towards the other ladies…a genuine disinterest in anything unless Courtney was involved) I actually find Ben quite a bit more disgusting than Courtney due to his constant lies (The women wouldn’t give me specific examples when telling me about Courtney….what a liar…Ben constantly berated and cut them off and jumped into defensive mode before they could offer any such examples) Courtney kinda sucked….Ben sucked WAY WORSE!!

Comment by aly — March 13, 2012 @ 2:50 pm

13. Although it is tough to write, let alone talk about mental illness, your point could have been proven more about how CR acted at the ATFR, where she only spoke of her mistakes over the season once, and then turned the tables on Ben. I am not really happy about Ben, however he was not the problem. CR was. If she understood true love and compassion she would have taken a second look at what she was saying and doing on national TV and stopped, and completely came clean with Ben. Plus I am dissatisfied that the producers made the ATFR all about POOR Courtney and not the entire situation of bad behavior…in addition they should never have given Ben the ring back and forced him to make such a big decision in public. Over all I think the show and the producers are just at fault as Courtney and Ben. I am done with the show, and will never watch it again.

Comment by Caree — March 13, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

14. You hit the nail on the head with your clinical diagnosis of Courtney! My favorite part was when Chris asked Courtney where their relationship stood and she answered “We are a couple” I was drinking a glass of wine and spit it all over the carpet laughing so hard! What a nut case she can’t even see reality. Chris was funny though when he nudged her in the right direction by saying “Well that was not a ringing endorsement!” All I can say is Ben trying to blame this all on the media “soiling his relationship” is a load of crap. Who says “soiling” or is that a term only whinemakers use? I MEANT to say WHINEMAKERS because that is Ben does is whine every week. This so called relationship won’t last a week. If I were his best friend I would not spend one dinner with them. Hopefully Lindzi will NOT take him back even though she said call me if it doesn’t work out. I bet she is regretting that statement. Ben needs help as well since his “p—s picker” is out of whack.

Comment by samantha — March 13, 2012 @ 3:16 pm

15. Thanks for that laugh ha!

Comment by Carolmichelle — March 13, 2012 @ 3:31 pm

16. Agree 100 percent with the others. Courtney does not meet the definition of a sociopath, no matter how you cut it.

However, “that being said” (I love that they always use that phrase on the show) – she does have some real issues, least of which are immaturity and insecurity. She sounded like a sixth grader with her snarky comments about the girls…not to mention her widdle girlie talk (that musta rubbed off on Ben a wittle,too).

I still think Ben is a good guy but did his thinking with his peeny. If this relationship lasts, I will shocked.

Comment by SKae — March 13, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

17. Can’t we all just give them a break and wish them well.

Comment by Jacquie — March 13, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

18. I am defending the girl. My comments are accurate. I don’t have a degree however I have spent over a year and half day in and day out with someone with this disorder and therefore do know a lot about it and the way they think. Guess what. You don’t need a degree in sports medicine to see a fat person and call them obese. Great for you and your degree. Maybe you should contact her and see if you in all your mighty wisdom and your online psychology degree can help her. I feel bad for the girl and honestly want the best for her and in this blog am giving MY 2 cents on her actions. You can say what you want but I know first hand what it is like to deal with this and its sad and very upsetting when you want to care and love someone but you cant get through to them and they don’t understand what they are doing is socially wrong. They don’t understand their actions and the way they treat people in their lives is not ok. It honestly breaks my heart to think about this person I spent so much time with. No close friends, Can’t keep a relationship and does not understand why. From day 1 I could see these same qualities in Courtney. I have talked with some of the girls from the show and till this day they don’t like her. Say what you want about me but I am friends with everyone even Juan and I are and were. I came back and admitted I messed up and MINE WAS SINCERE because I know I was wrong, then won another show. You don’t win a show like Bachelor pad if you’re a jerk. Period. THAT WAS EDITING. Based on what the girls say Courtney is even worse than what we saw at home (if that is even possible) and very few of them like her still. Big difference

Comment by David Good — March 13, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

19. Hear! Hear! Go, Dave!

Comment by Penny Farthing — March 13, 2012 @ 4:58 pm

20. I cannot speak for anyone else on this blog, but i know what it is like to work with and see mental illness everyday…i am a special education teacher. Maybe instead of people saying negative things about mental illness (not you but the others that blog about the show) we should take a moment and talk about how TV and Fame can hurt people with mental issues, you never know, one negative season, can turn into one major positive outcome. My problem with this season was not who was on it, but how it was portrayed on the TV. Compassion and the Truth is very powerful. Dave not sure why your writing this blog, but feel free to respond, if not no biggie.

Comment by RealityLOL — March 13, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

21. this blog was just extremely out of line.

Comment by andrea — March 13, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

22. Wrong..out of line is everyone calling her names and the media destroying her and her family and people putting her down for something she might not be able to help. Thats wrong. People calling her a crazy bit@#, nutty, insane, a horrible human being. (yes I am guilty of saying mean things about her as well throughout the season) and I admit I was wrong but now all of a sudden your so righteous and I am wrong. Ok.

Comment by David Good — March 13, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

23. Good job, Dave. I’ve enjoyed reading your blog throughout and hope you continue next season. You appear to be someone who learned a lot from your Bachelor experiences and that’s the best any us can do.

Comment by Richard — March 13, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

24. Wow…and I mean WOW David! Who in the world do you think you are to say that Courtney is a sociopath?? You don’t even know this girl, all you’re going by is what you’ve seen on t.v. You haven’t even associated with her in person…you’re going by a reality t.v. show….and yes I said a REALITY T.V. SHOW. There is extreme editing going on here, don’t get me wrong I know she said those things but believe me exaggerated editing was a big part of it.
    The girl went on WTA and ATFR and explained why she acted that way AND apologized several times…what more do you want??
    This blog is WAY out of line…you’re supposed to be writing a recap on the Bachelor show not analyzing a personality of someone that you don’t even know.
    Unbelievable!!!

Comment by Shelly — March 13, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

25. Noreen….
    If you had a degree in psychology you would be able to spell soCiopath.
    gawd
    what an idiot.

Comment by Marie — March 13, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

26. It annoys me how people come on here all the time and blast the bloggers for their opinions. First of all, you’re reading A BLOG, which is one person’s opinion. Blasting him for posting his opinion is absurd. Dave is known for telling it like he sees it and if you don’t like it, you really should read something else.

Anyway, interesting theory Dave. I’m not sure that she is a sociopath, but she definitely shows some of the signs.

Comment by Phoebe — March 13, 2012 @ 6:35 pm

27. Thank you Shelly. Thank you for letting me know about the editing process. I have only been on two of them and behind the scenes on 3 so was not sure how that all works. Also thank you for straightening me up on what I can write about in MY blog. I’ll be sure to keep it by the books just for you next time. ALSO thank you for letting me know (who I have talked to and or met in person and who I know) because apparently you know all that as well. LOL… Joking aside to everyone I enjoyed writing these and enjoyed EVERYONES responses this season. Love the debates and opinions. That is why they have us do these. Sorry if some of my opinions were different than yours. I can’t wait for Emily’s season to come up. Not sure if I am going to be blogging for this one yet but if not I hope you all enjoy it. She is a friend of mine and she is even cooler than what you will probably get to see. This is my last comment of this season. Stay positive….it’s contagious and Thank you!

Comment by David Good — March 13, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

28. Dear Dave,
    I generally don’t comment but I read your blog today and can sense how hurt you are by some of the comments people have left. You meant well. You are trying to understand something instead of judging it and the response you are getting is rather harsh. I sense you mean well and are seeing traits that yes, can be seen in various personality disorders. I hadn’t even given that much thought until I read your blog. Is it possible? Absolutely. Is it also possibly just self centeredness and narcissm, that is also possible. A study done by Dr. Drew on celebrities showed that narcissm was hightest in female reality tv contestants.

I think people are rather taken aback by your assessment, however, since this is a serious thing to level against someone without knowing them personally and within a clinical context. This can cause great harm to another human being because we unfortunately live in a society wher mental illness/personality d/o’s etc carry social stigmata. Suggesting something may be going on is possible but to state it the way you have is quite difficult to stomach because one can make a great error in doing so. It isn’t fair to anyone to be labeled anything by someone who doesn’t know them, especially a mental disorder. People are responding to that, does that make sense? I see that you mean well and trying to understand and I am not saying you may not be right, but what I am saying, it is a serious thing to level against someone and not appropriate for public consumption. You may say well everyone is writing all these horrible things about her (mean, edgy, etc) and I am merely trying to see where it might be coming from, surely that has more merit than coming to judgment. But what I think is that mean etc. are just observations of behavior, but coming up with a diagnosis of a person without knowing them well is dangerous and inappropriate and can really hurt someone. You are feeling hurt by the attacks people are leveling against your blog. Can you imagine if Courtney read this blog? How would that feel? This isn’t appropriate. Even if you knew someone had a mental or personality d/o, you don’t have a right to reveal it on your blog to anyone, that isn’t fair or right. A wise person said once, the truth is we are all, every single one of us, crazy in the most literal sense. And our friends are those who share similar neurosis:). This season is over. Let it end with a moment of kindness. Thank you for your blogs, I have enjoyed reading the blogs and getting your viewpoints from an insiders point of view, very cool, thank you all!

Comment by sunny — March 13, 2012 @ 7:32 pm

29. I’m not a sociopath. I have Aspergers and find group settings overwhelming…

Comment by Courtney — March 13, 2012 @ 7:42 pm

30. Sounds like Penny Farting will agree with anything “Dr. feel Good” writes… that’s just my opinion, but I could be wrong.

Courtney is just a girl. (Biological gender interacts with environment in ways not fully understood.) If you figure out a girl or women, then your lying. Courtney can hang out with anyone she wants and fit in fine. She just chose not to hang with the other 24 catty girls that wanted her man. They started it, she got the last word. Cheers to the happy couple.

Comment by Mike Hunt — March 13, 2012 @ 8:22 pm

31. Anyone who attacked Courtney at the “Women tell all” episode should be ashamed of themselves. It was clear from the beginning of Bachelor Pad that the women were intimidated of her and her beauty. The things that they complained about and were angry about were pale in comparison to the hyena pack that attacked her. The other women proved what vicious creatures they were themselves and it is appalling that they were allowed to bully another person on national television in that manner.

Clearly,Courtney put herself in the line of fire, but how dare these other women claim indignation when their behavior was worse. They appeared jealous and scorned and any positive qualities that I saw in them as a viewer was washed away by their vindictive behavior.

In my opinion, Courtney is a very sweet and compassionate but because of her beauty has probably been scrutinized and criticized more than any average person. She has created coping mechanisms that need work but I never saw what made everyone so angry. Really…alot of Courtney’s comments should have rolled off of people’s backs – in fact I thought that there were many more horrible things said about her by the other women.

The most devious of the women I thought were the ones who went to Ben and attempted to sabotage Courtney. Those actions were made by women who looked desperate – they had no right except their selfish interests.

I was so happy at the final episode that Ben and Courtney ended up together in spite of all the obstacles. I was unduly impressed with Ben for not falling prey to all the other jealous people who tried to turn him against Courtney. However, Ben abandoning her after their rose ceremony was a blow….Ben, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED for not standing by Courtney through all of this. I was so disappointed that Ben was that weak.

Unfortunately, if Ben and Courtney don’t succeed in their relationship, the media and all of Courtney’s critics will blame her. BUT – Ben committed the worst of all the crimes by not standing by her. That is where the biggest flaw in this is. If Courtney is strong enough to forgive him for that – all of you need to just leave them alone.

As for this guy “something” Good, who wrote this blog – you sound like a man scorned by some beautiful woman and/or beaten to that beautiful woman by someone who was more spontanious and open than yourself. To call Courtney sociopathic shows your ignorance and lack of real education. Also,there were two people skinny dipping and she did not hold a gun to his head! It is CLEAR that Courtney has depth and you belittle yourself to not recogize it.

Comment by Terry Smith — March 13, 2012 @ 8:41 pm

32. Wow, if that is really Courtney commenting, then I’m sending my best wishes for you and Ben. You were fun to watch and don’t fall into the negative bs people write. Keep your chin up and love life. THE END

Comment by Mike Hunt — March 13, 2012 @ 8:44 pm

33. http://www.bpdfamily.com/bpdresources/nk_a101.htm

Comment by liz — March 13, 2012 @ 8:51 pm

34. IMO you pedaled your fruit cart just a little too close to the edge of the cliff David. After all, this is just a reality tv show. There isn’t too much real in any of the contestants on any of the seasons of this bachelor franchise, starting from the very beginning. It has produced a disgusting group of individuals for the most part. The few sane ones have drifted off into obscurity which they all need to do. Screw this, I’m a wannabe “tv host”. So freaking stupid. I know why Fleiss does it, money duh but he has created a whole other level of STUPID FREAKING ASSCLOWNS.

Comment by BACHELOR MORONS — March 13, 2012 @ 8:56 pm

35. WOW!….DAvid LEvi GOOD!….you may have just hit the nail on the head, my friend……ya know, i spent so much time being consumed with the humor and nonsense of this whole season, i really did not consider a “Mental Disorder” until now….but WHOLY COW, DAvE….i have a masters degree in Phychology (but i am NOT a doctor and do NOT pretend to be one on TV)….Psychology/Psychiatry was going to be my career path, and i was going to pioneer a “radio/psychology talk show” very similar to Dr. Laura, and DR. Drew….(back in the 80s’s) but the “Radio part took over the psychology part, and my career path and life took me into the Music Business….) HOWEVER, NOT THE POINT!…the point is, first of all…..NO ONE needs a degree to have an opinion!….and your “OPINION” about a “Sociopath” is dead on, even more so than you stated!….(anyone can google it!, so please people, the guy knows what he’s saying, give him a break)……on a separate note, …i was more than obsessed with the “CAsey Anthony” case/trial…..and Many doctors, and specialists cleary saw her as both, “Sociopath, and Narcissistic “….most of the time they go hand in hand….however, the “sociopath” is, in my opinion, the scarier of the two…THe Narcissist’s can become remorseful….which stems from a DEEp INSecurity…in which they are CONSTANTLY in search of “REASURRANCE, Approval and ATTENTIOn, for their mis behavior/s….WHEREas, the “Sociopath” has NO underlying need for approval, in fact their disrespectful behavior is simply for their entertainment and amusement!…..(which CLEARY was CR, throughout the entire show)…..(i felt spooked at times!)…..hmmmm……i feel you are qualified to pass this opinion/judgement, esp. if you spent more than a year with a person displaying these same qualities….in fact, my husband saved a dear friend’s life, by suggesting he had “bi-polar”(manic depression)….(which was against what 3 separate “Psychiatrists” “LABELED him”…..one said he was borderline, one said depression, the other depression, as well, never focusing no the “mania”….NEVER being “medicated properly”……if my husband who works with many psychiatrists, did NOT push our friend for one last opinion, after losing his 3 million house in a stupid bet….during a “full blown Manic” episode…..he may not be alive today!…..he was eventually diagnosed properly and subsequently medicated properly, etc etc…..i can only hope BEn read what you wrote…..it may shed some serious light on his situation….REMEMBER BEN was “DUPED” to a huge degree… (he only saw the CHARMING, Driven, Goal Oriented Girl!”…….if your assessment is correct, a “sociopath” is VERY CHARMING, manipulative, and conning, they get what they WANT!……sometimes they appear to be misunderstood, and sweet, to their target, (ask ben)….yet they are very hostile and domineering, never recognizing the righs of others….only self serving…they dominate and humiliate their victims…..”what’s her butt”….”how did that taste coming out of your mouth”…etc etc……lack of remorse and shame, deep seeded RAGE, w/ a facade of compassion, but usually an ulterior motive……usually seek a career or a way to be in the spotlight…have a need for massive stimulation, promiscuity may be an issue, and ….as far as “CAsey Anthony” …..many specialists questioned if there was ever sexual abuse in the past………..i am in NO WAY diagnosing anyone…or suggesting that is an issue….but you really got me thinking tonight!!!….i am just making an observation about DAvid Levi Good’s Opinion!…….You have come a LONG way baby….esp if you did apologize to Juan…..BIG of you!……i HOPE you DO “BLOG” on EMILy’s SEASON…….we NEEd the balance, David Good and Nat Getz!…YES!……i hope everybody gives Courtney and BEn a much DESERVED BREAK….it was killing me to see them force him to give her back that ring!……..they need some time…..REAL TIME, to digest the REALITY of the DAMAGE that was done…..and if CR or Ben need help , i hope they get what they need!…..again, nobody blast me for the lack of my PHD….and neither are my patients…..again, just making an observation that YOU, Mr. Good.made the mOST sense to me this entire season, with this singular “BLOG”…..you treated it with sensitivity and kindness and professionalism……THANKS FOR THE GOOD STUFF, BAby! xoxoxo Pam…….

Comment by Pamela B... — March 13, 2012 @ 9:11 pm

36. As a clinical psychologist myself, I agree with the other psychologist in the comments who said you cannot diagnose a personality disorder in someone by watching a TV show. That can actually be quite unethical and can potentially perpetuate stigma about mental illness. No matter what Courtney did on the show, she does not deserve to be labelled a psychopath or a sociopath.

Comment by Ann — March 13, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

37. I absolutely agree with you Ann. How about you diagnose the nutjob, Pamela B’s, rant (above your comment). Thanks in advance.

Comment by B.N. — March 13, 2012 @ 9:47 pm

38. What ever her struggle is, and I agree we really can’t know from watching a show, Courtney deserves love as much as anyone. Love is Grace and we don’t earn it. She does seem troubled though and with such intense public scrutiny I hope the people who do love her get her help. And I wish that people would stop the hating. How does that help anyone?

Comment by Kristine — March 13, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

39. Dave, I think Courtney came off as fake at the WTA because they edited a large portion of her apology out. The crying and apologizing went on for at least half an hour. Certainly Courtney was no angel, but I found many if not most of the women on the show despicable. Kacie B: “Jamie’s not very bright.” (said in a “sad,” condescending tone – her ITM aired on WTA and didn’t make it on the show, I wonder why) Samantha: “What do you get when you cross a horse with a hooker(?) – Blakely.” Nikki: “What do you get when you cross a gingerbread man (costume) with a stripper? Blakely.” Because Blakely was aggressive, beautiful and worked her charms on Ben, these women ostracized her and mocked her RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER (Kacie B. cheering them on) to the point where Blakely was curled up crying in a corner by the luggage. She knew that if she wanted to survive that she’d better pull back and join their little clique. She even THANKED Shawntel in a deleted scene for taking the heat off her. And what about the vicious comments hurled at Shawntel? “Who the hell is she? Brad’s dumpster trash – uglier and fatter in person, a weirdo where she takes men out on dates and drains their blood.”

Since Courtney has good friends back home and a genuine ex-boyfriend to defend her and was charming and endearing around Ben and especially once she got out of the house, my guess is that she’s not a sociopath and that the girls saw her as a threat from day 1. Girls are very good at “giving looks” and whispering behind each other’s backs. Courtney was already paranoid of women being threatened by her looks and chose to withdraw, which only made things worse. Add alcohol, this crappy living situation, and bad things came out of Courtney’s mouth. When she was away from all this, she realized what came out of her own mouth and regretted it. Do any of the other girls regret what they said? In my opinion, Kacie B’s comment and tone about Jamie’s intelligence (and as her friend) was far worse than anything Courtney ever said.

As a beautiful woman, you become a psychological target for other women before you even open your mouth. You get glares and attitude when you walk into a room. If you don’t ingratiate yourself with the other women, you’re in trouble. If you are uncomfortable and withdraw, you’re in even bigger trouble because they think you think you’re “too good for them.” If you happen to have brains and are funny, more hate to you. And if the guys are obviously attracted to you because of all that, you’re really up sh*t’s creek. By the time a beautiful “oddball” reaches her mid-twenties, I’d say she has a major chip on her shoulder. Some of them have absolutely no female friends and settle for guy friends; at least Courtney has a few really good girlfriends. And when it comes to Fleissland, can we really trust everything that we saw? I mean come on – it’s Fleiss. The man is despicable.

Comment by mylandingstrip — March 13, 2012 @ 10:36 pm

40. As a psychology major I find your blog ridiculous. The fact that you talk in such a clueless manner about serious diseases you know nothing about shows your ignorance. As if your silly attempt at a book weren’t enough. You are an embarassment to the male gender. I was uncomfortable watching the disrespectful way you treated Jillian on her season and I didn’t think you could stoop any lower until I read this blog. Courtney is a human being who is a little quirky and made some silly remarks because she was in an unnatural situation, much like the other girls who said they wanted to “punch” or “crush her like a spider”. To call her a sociopath? I suggest you jump back in your backward redneck truck and go work in an isolated job somewhere. Leave psychology to those of us with an education and please see a therapist yourself because you exhibit some deep seated and very disturbing anger towards women. I never comment on these things but you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Comment by Jess Rolands — March 13, 2012 @ 11:18 pm

41. I can see your concern about Courtney and find no ill will in it. A lot of people thought Courtney came across as a sociopath. Though I don’t think she was one; the women were all vicious, and sweet Jennifer’s remarks about Blakely on the WTA was the most repugnant of all.

Hey Dave, I see you have your shirt off on the main page! Thank you! ;-)

Comment by Jolene — March 13, 2012 @ 11:46 pm

42. @ Jess Dave owned up to his behavior on The Bachelorette (which I’m sure was fueled by the endless amounts of alcohol they plied them with) and he proved himself to be a good guy on the Bachelor Pad. He cares about people and has strong opinions and isn’t afraid to voice them. No need to stoop so low; that’s not what he was doing on his blog.

Comment by Jolene — March 13, 2012 @ 11:53 pm

43. Dave, you have some great observations. I too feel that Courtney has issues that may be beyond her control. I don’t think Courtney is a sociopath but I do agree that she has some major issues with social interaction. She could very well have aspergers or high functioning autism. I have close family members and a friend with this disorder and they act very similar to Courtney. Having a hard time looking at people in the eye is a dead giveaway. I felt so bad for her when Blakely yelled at her at the WTA with “Courtney Look at Me, I’m trying to talk to you here!”. She looked so confused. I think Ben and Courtney deserve a chance to make the relationship work. Great blog, I like how you can keep an open mind about all this!

Comment by Kim — March 14, 2012 @ 12:01 am

44. David, I agree with your replies, and i think you nailed it on CR. One dont need to have a degree to spot certain things in life. Like you said you dont need to have a degree in eating disorders to call a person obese or anorexic.
    Anyway who gives a shit about Ben and CR. We all now think both are villains and if we as people are honest with ourselves we don’t care about them nor care if they will live happily ever after. IMHO Ben is a bigger villain this season the CR was.Now it is time for Ben to lie in the bed he made.
    Most women have said if they seen Ben off the show, they wouldn’t even give him time of day, This was addressed by Kacie b for example. She said in real life if I meet Ben he wouldn’t even be a man I would have dated. Its like that ‘Honest Bachelor clip” most these women fall in love within minutes of meeting the bachelor..it could be Jack Black and the results would be the same.
    And honestly could we see Ben with any women this season in the long run? I would say no.

Comment by Thomas Knight — March 14, 2012 @ 12:40 am

45. I do love Ben for real. After we broke up he went off partying and flirting, while I was a mess at home. But during that time apart he cleared his head and found it in his heart to forgive my social awkwardness and I forgave him for flirting with those girls. He loves me enoigh to help me through my social disorder.

Comment by Courtney — March 14, 2012 @ 12:49 am

46. Jolene, whoever you are, I like your first reply because it was neat and concise. You’re obviously educated but are lacking in taste as your reference to a shirtless Dave made me gag a little bit. I do think that insinuating someone has such a serious psychological disorder based on heresay from people who barely know Courtney is VERY low. Encasing it in, “I mean well when I call you a sociopath” or as he said, “mental handicap” which is so inappropriate,doesn’t make it ok. @Dave UNGOODE, 1)If u do know someone who u think suffers from this disease they obviously haven’t been professionally diagnosed or they would have been warned to stay away from u. If it’s family then I’m sorry 4 u and hope they get better but how do u think Courtney’s family would feel about your comment? 2)If you actually read a book (I know, totally unfamiliar object 4 u as u probably hired a ghost writer) about psychological disorders, you’d know they all share many of the same characteristics and often are only separated by one or two. Also, many of the traits you mention are experienced by normal people which is why it is very hard to diagnose this type of disorder. 3) Some of us are actually majoring in psychology and not in online classes though at least they have an education they didn’t obtain in the Appalachian Mountains. 4) U think winning a show like Bach Pad speaks well of u? It’s all about cliques and who has the most people to back them (at least in your case) 5) PLEASE-see this picture I found of u as it is a perfect depiction of what you come across as a person: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/4602040/AAAS-Neanderthal-man-takes-step-closer-to-roaming-the-earth-after-genetic-breakthrough.html
    You are the guy way in the back trying to stop men from evolving. Please sign up for those online classes you keep putting off and stop talking about psychology; a subject that you clearly know very little about. Courtney is a beautiful girl with a successful modeling career who obviously liked Ben and clearly wasn’t interested in acting like she’s back in high school (as in some from the so-called Bach Nation). She has a real job and already has her friends, seems very well-adjusted to me. Not being comfortable acting for a scripted series doing take after take surrounded by girls who didn’t like her, DOES NOT EQUAL SOCIAL DISORDER. On the other hand, people like u and the crazies who are running polls clearly need some help. My last bit of unsolicited advice to all of you: put down the mouse, close the laptop, pick up the phone and dial 1-800-PSYCHOLOGY, tell them u have no lives, are running polls on perfect strangers, and need some help. Sit tight and don’t touch that mouse again! @Dave UNGOODE-all my best to your friends in Appalachia. You looked great playing the banjo in that movie. Glad you got your teeth fixed. You almost blend in and everything. (Sorry if harsh but this guy has had it coming for a while and I took offense to this one as it is crossing the line)

Comment by Jess Rolands — March 14, 2012 @ 12:55 am

47. @Mike Hunt. Thank you for your kind words.

Comment by Courtney — March 14, 2012 @ 3:47 am

48. @ mylandingstrip….I agree with you 100%. Those are my thoughts exactly.
    David…I agree with Shelley that I think your way out of line on this one. I think you should stick with just recapping a Bachelor episode instead of trying your hand at psychocoly.

Comment by Melanie — March 14, 2012 @ 3:54 am

49. Excuse my spelling, I was typing fast I meant “psychology”

Comment by Melanie — March 14, 2012 @ 4:01 am

50. @Thomas Knight. Good comments.

Comment by Anna — March 14, 2012 @ 4:23 am

51. Hey Jolene, Dave has his pants off too and he says “hi”.

To all you other bitchers and moaners, for one thing…Dave is from Ohio. So is Holly. Nuff said.

Comment by CALM DOWN — March 14, 2012 @ 4:57 am

52. Gee people…FREAKING RELAX! This is a BLOG aka a medium where people can express their opinions. If you can’t take the heat – get out of the kitchen. While I may not agree with all the opinions these folks write on their blogs, it is for pure entertainment and they are their opinions and are entitled to it! Clearly from these comments, we are ALL entitled to our opinions – freedom of speech. Let the man have his! For the comment re: the fact that Dave should just simply stick to recapping the episode, how boring would this blog be if that’s all it was – a recap. Most of us saw the episode, we don’t need/want a neutral play by play of the show…WE SAW IT! We come to read the blogs to hear former Bachelor/ettes various opinions and comments about the show. If I wanted a boring neutral recap with no biases, I wouldn’t be reading these. So if that’s all you want, don’t read a blog!

Comment by Melissa — March 14, 2012 @ 5:29 am

53. Oops typo, the sentence should read “they all have their opinions and are entitled to them”.

Comment by Melissa — March 14, 2012 @ 5:30 am

54. If being beautiful is a valid excuse for being a bitch…then why am I nice? AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment by Marie — March 14, 2012 @ 5:43 am

55. I’m really appalled by this blog and the way David thinks he can call someone “sociopath” without really knowing this person.
    Courtney is ONE strong person to have to put up with this nonsense when all she was doing was looking for love.
    David..I think you yourself have major issues you need to deal with before you try your hand at psychology on someone else when it’s obvious you have NO idea what your talking about. Good Lord!

Comment by Stacey — March 14, 2012 @ 6:23 am

56. To all the psychologists and others in related fields who have responded to this blog,

As many have pointed out, Dave is not a mental health professional. He can’t diagnose. He is, however, perfectly entitled to his opinion regardless of how or where he states it. He does have some personal experience and observations of CR to support his conclusion, so he is not coming out of left field with his comments. It would be unethical for YOU to diagnose an individual based upon the same information. It is NOT unethical for Dave to do so. In addition, because he is not qualified to make a diagnosis, he is not putting a label on CR or stigmatizing her. You have gone way overboard with your concern for this individual based upon Dave’ remarks and the fact that this is a blog for a reality TV show and not a professional forum.

To others who have stated that Dave must have “major issues” or problems himself to draw such conclusions about CR:

You are doing the same thing that you accuse Dave of doing!

Comment by becca — March 14, 2012 @ 7:47 am

57. @ becca…Give me a break will ya.
    To go as far as David did in this blog is ridiculous.
    I agree with the majority here that David crossed the line on this one. I don’t have to be a psychologist to figure that out. Yes, it’s his opinion and so are all the others in here that disagree. It’s comical really that David can make this type of observation on someone that he has been watching on a t.v. show. lol

Comment by Amy — March 14, 2012 @ 8:00 am

58. Anyone who signs up for a show like this must realise that they open themselves to public scrutiny. Whatever you say or do will be used for or against you. Everyone is responsible for whatever they say or do. Action and reaction will always be equal and opposite (law of physics).
    CR has never denied saying or acting out all what was shown by the producers. She has never denied that they were used out of context. However, Ben and CR have decided, after all said and done, to love each other so they are wished all that they wish themselves and good luck to them.

Comment by Yinye — March 14, 2012 @ 8:21 am

59. Again, many responding to this blog are way too emotional about it…saying it’s ridiculous, crossed the line, etc. Give me a break. It’s a reality TV show blog. The emotions these kinds of words convey are more appropriate more serious matters.

Comment by becca — March 14, 2012 @ 8:33 am

60. David….excellent job, as always! Your perspective is 100% what I and most people think. At least you’re not hateful, negative, bitter & jealous & still looking for fame like Jesse Csincsak. EVERYONE knows Courtney has some type of anxiety/social/mental issues and this was not the platform for her. So, to the know-in-alls out there…let’s get something clear here. David gives HIS weekly views/opinions & gets called out because he’s not qualified, blah blah blah. But, my God, how hypocritical most of you are on here, Jess for one. You CLAIM to be psychologists, well educated, or work in a related field, so that ‘entitles’ you to write whatever you want? After reading these comments, it sounds like most of you need the help!

Comment by camy — March 14, 2012 @ 9:34 am

61. @Courtney, your very welcome. I’m kind of ashamed to be writing on this mindless blog, but I’m so amazed that people don’t realized how cool you really are. People don’t don’t remember the first night when Monica and Blakley were ready to get a room (Ben who?), Jenna’s melt down (Dr Dave didn’t diagnose that one), I could go down the line with all the creepy things that they all said behind your back, but it will waste way too much of my time. Your a straight shooter (kill shot, haha) and I like that. If no one could see that the minute you were together with Ben, that it was effortless to be with you, then they are f’n blind. That was the whole point of the show, Ben find a perfect fit for HIM. It was always awkward to see Ben with anyone else. It was almost like he had to do it for TV reasons. Hope you can see that too. Do yourself a favor and disassociate yourself from these blogs, tabloids, or anything that could slow you down from moving on. Your way better that these people and “Dr. Dave” is a tool who obviously will never have what you have found. Sorry, bud your way too boring to be the next bachelor…Peace and happiness.

Comment by Mike Hunt — March 14, 2012 @ 11:01 am

62. Thank goodness David is expressing his honest feelings because he could join most of the “Emperor Has no clothes Bachleornation” and say poor Courtney and we wish them all the best. I however would never venture to label her as a sociopath, which was very strong. I have watched most of the seasons, and there have been some crazy characters in almost all them. I am still puzzled how Ben gets away scotch free (no pun intended)as the girls all say how wonderful a person he is even post-airing of the show. To me he was abrupt, cold and condescending.

He says keeping Shawntel wouldn’t have been fair to the other women, which was done out in the open but skinny dipping with Courtney was fair to them since that was done behind their backs.

When he revealed that he saw the instances where Courtney twisted the knife, I wasn’t shocked because the best way I can describe him is a “closeted Courtney”. He is just far more discreet and aware of the cameras.Notice that he tells her that she makes it harder on him, not that her behaviour was totally unacceptable. Even Courtney was surprised that he received all that she told him so well.

They are perfect for each other, and had she just played it cool and calm and collected like him, I can picture them having those type of conversations privately about the other women, Envolve wines in hand! as there was never any depth to their conversations. Ben’s vocabulary of amazing,incredible and vulnerable annoys me :)

He said in the AFTR that there was never anything wrong with them, it was what surrounds them. Their proposal was soiled..by whom ??? Then went further to tweet that the women in the audience at the AFTR should feel dumb. I would definitely feel dumb if I was one of those following him or even entertaining buying his wine.

Neither of them holds the other accountable, and they have spent an entire season making tons of excuses and blaming everyone else and that irks me no end. The same crowd watched Ash and JP, and yes the reaction was different because you see that they are good together.

How does the model who works everyday with cameras not know how to behave in front of them? She stated the women were never any competition, so if she were rational she would have played it like Lindzi and not sweat the small stuff because she knew Ben was totally into her. No doubt she is manipulative and calculated and I hope it serves as a lesson to all women,that you may use your body to get a man, but you will certainly need to have some SUBSTANCE to KEEP HIM !!!

I hope Bachelornation gives them both some tough love.They need couples therapy before even thinking of getting married. Plus Ben needs to stop whining about the media too,because had Ashley taken Bentley to the final two, her backlash would let his look like a whimper. America does not like mean characters in their love story. Fact!
    Hopefully ABC will forget about all the drama and just let the process unfold organically.

Comment by Reality_bites — March 14, 2012 @ 11:05 am

63. @ Jess R: Whoa, Jess! Why sink so low? You’re freakin’ me out! You’re a psychology major, right? I think you need to look at yourself, your reactions and what you’re putting out there because you could end up being one really scary therapist.

@ CALM DOWN Really? Dave says hi? Tell him I’m into boxers.

Comment by Jolene — March 14, 2012 @ 11:14 am

64. Mike Hunt – dude, THAT’S NOT COURTNEY! It’s someone PLAYING Courtney. I doubt she has a personality disorder – at most a lot of baggage from previous relationships and issues with women. Then stick her in a house full of women – and not the friendliest – and as she said – her worst side came out.

Comment by ThisBlogisGettingFun — March 14, 2012 @ 11:41 am

65. If the Courtney above is the “real” Courtney (and by “real” I mean the actual person not the version of the actual person that everyone is so confused about…who is this girl?) then I have a question. Courtney, why were you so mean? I know other women weren’t always nice but I don’t buy the jealous bit. There have been many beautiful and stunning women on the show that haven’t been on the receiving end of so much vitriol. Emily Maynard comes to mind. What you dub as “socially awkward” was actually just plain vicious. Socially awkward is someone who makes ill timed jokes in an effort to break the ice, someone who cant read others social queues and someone who not only feels uncomfortable in social situations but someone who makes others uncomfortable. The things you said were downright malicious (again, I realize other women were also catty). What was the reason for rubbing it in girl’s faces that you got a rose? For the mean “SEE YA!” calls when they were leaving? For making digs at other women’s hairstyle? Yes, Im talking about “Nice ponytail Emily, WINNING”. Seriously? That is 7th grade shit. You come off as the “Runaway Bride”. Ya know, the girl that changes her personality to fit the guy and convince him she is his type. The gal that has been engaged multiple times never to actually marry because she realizes she is scared. I hope you realize who you are and what you want. Kick Ben to the curb and own who you are. Honestly, you were pretty funny. I think America doesn’t buy your sincerity because it was clear Ben was a conquest for you. Maybe you grew to actually love him and now do? Who knows? But from his treatment and immaturity towards other women and his bailing on you when he knew full well you wouldn’t be received well by the public viewers, you need to tell him to take a hike and work on discovering who you are. Just my two cents. Best of Luck.

Comment by Amanda — March 14, 2012 @ 11:43 am

66. I totally agree with Mike Hunt!!!! his comment about all the women in the house is only one TRUE. The girls in the house was rude and nasty to each other, they attached Shanteel, Blekely and even Rachel. So easy target for them was Courtney. I really disagree with people hating Courtney and Ben. I wish them the best, they are in love!!!
    Lindzi, in my opinion was not even in love with him….

Comment by Lina — March 14, 2012 @ 11:47 am

67. @ Amanda I did my best at the time but if I could go back and change what I said and did, of course I would. I’m not proud of the things I said. I’m very, very sorry for it. It was an unusual situation to be trapped in and I came into this with a crush on Ben and developed real strong feelings for him from the moment we met. In the end it was worth it. I wish America got to see what the other girls and I fell in love with, a kind, witty, worldly, quirky, HILARIOUS guy.

From night one Ben zoned in on me and it was obvious to all the girls. Could I have done a better job being friends with all of them? Absolutely. I did make some friendships that will last a lifetime. I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to reveal, but do you know what it’s like to have “people” whispering in your ear during ITMs, telling you this girl said this about you, this girl said that about you? It made my blood boil and unfortunately I trusted the process. It certainly didn’t help being on the receiving end of all these little digs that never aired. I’m sorry for my behavior, but it was going on all over the place and conveniently never made the final cut. I kept to myself after my friends were eliminated and I drank a lot. I stayed in bed a lot, the only place where I could be alone and isolating myself didn’t help my mood any. I made jokes during my ITMs that were turned into something ugly. Not that I didn’t say ugly things myself. I would take it all back, especially the things I said about Lindzi because she never said an unkind word to me. That was insecurity and jealousy on my part because I was so afraid of losing Ben. She’s a wonderful person, I’m glad she’s doing well and that he warned beforehand so she could keep her composure and hold her head up high.

Ironically the storm of negativity made Ben and I stronger as a couple than ever. It really is “us against the world,” that’s how we’re feeling about it, and we’re in an honest, solid place. We put everything out on the table. I feel like things happen for a reason and the reason is meeting Ben. I truly fell in love with him and he truly fell in love with me, the real me that you didn’t get to see on the show. We always had laid back dates because we never ran out of things to talk and laugh about. We just enjoyed each other, and we’re back to that place now.

I don’t blame the viewers for thinking these things about me. If I had seen the show and the show only, I’d come up with the same conclusions. Anyway, thank you for those that have supported me, who gave me the benefit of the doubt and saw beyond the show. These are the only blogs read because Ben’s friend writes here. However I promised Ben we’d stay off the internet and quit TV for a solid six months starting tonight! Goodbye youtube and netflix! Thanks again and I wish everyone well.

Comment by TheRealCourtney — March 14, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

68. I wish them Happily ever after.

Comment by Kristine — March 14, 2012 @ 12:42 pm

69. @Jess R your response to Dave reminds me of a quote I love from Desmond Tutu: “Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument!” You are condescending in reaction to a blog that you find condescending/offensive…think about it?

From the responses many agree that sociopath is too harsh without a direct diagnosis, but many agree that there is something very manipulative and mean about Courtney’s actions. If Lindzi could conduct herself in a better manner so could she, and it would be up to ABC to show us differently, they were in the same environment.

Viewers have been consistent in holding all the mean women/men from every season accountable for their actions until they offer some genuine remorse! She is no different.

Why has the show been on the air for so long with viewership in the millions? because people don’t have a life? because they are not aware its reality tv? because they are not educated? None of the above ,people are well aware that it is entertainment and they like the premise that there is a possibility of finding love under generally considered impossible circumstances.

I wish the first line of defense would not be to pass judgement on viewers intelligence or their lives. The show gives contestants the option to leave if they believe that the environment is not healthy for them, and many have taken that option. If you opt to stay, then be aware of what comes with the territory, intrusive media scrutiny, snarky and mean commenters, along with those that are positive and supportive. Sorry its a package deal.

David at least is getting paid to blog, so he’s laughing all the way to the bank……on to the next!!!!

Comment by Reality_bites — March 14, 2012 @ 1:28 pm

70. @the real Courtney,
    Gosh, I wish you could’ve been so well spoken in your apology at the Women Tell All. You seem incredibly sincere and I wish you all the best. I think your hilarious and witty. Only you know and can own what you did that may have hurt others and they the same. We all make huge mistakes and we all have “foot in mouth” syndrome at times. I am not convinced Ben is all that great (just watching his interactions with some of the others) but if he’s great for you that is all that matters. Truly and sincerely…BEST OF LUCK. Hold your head high knowing you have apologized and that is it.
    Keep making funny wisecracks…maybe less at the expense of others:)
    Amanda

Comment by Amanda — March 14, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

71. Dave I think you will like this – this is something I think Ben could play on MY FAVORITE THINGS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33o32C0ogVM&feature=related
    It might be similar to this: RAINDROPS ON BREASTES, AND SNOWFLAKES ON BITCHES, GOLD SKIN TIGHT DRESSES, AND A PHONY TOO, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, CREAM COLORED LEGS AND CRISPY EARLY MORNING KISSES, HOOTERS AND B CUPS, AND FLIP FLOPS WITH DAISYS, WILD GIRLS THAT CRY AFTER EACH GLASS OF MY WINE, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, GIRLS IN WHITE DRESS WITH ARSENIC KISSES, FIRE BREATHING BITCHES AND POPS WITH SMITH AND WESSONS, MULTI COLORED HIGH HEALS LAY UNDER MY BED, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, WHEN NAILS SCRATCH, WHEN THE G-STRING DROPS, WHEN I’M FEELING SAD, I SIMPLY REMEMBER MY FAVORITE THINGS, AND THEN I DON’T FEEL SO BAD. RAINDROPS ON BREASTES, AND SNOWFLAKES ON BITCHES, THE GIRLS IN NO PANTIES, NUDE IN BEADED BIKINI, AND NO BRAINS IN HER HEAD. I SIMPLY REMEMBER MY FAVORITE THING

Comment by Cynthia Baker — March 14, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

72. Seems kinda hypocritical to call someone else a sociopath when you threatened to beat a guy up on your season just because you didnt think he properly observed the “Man Code” doncha think, Dave?

Comment by Robert — March 14, 2012 @ 3:10 pm

73. Plain and Simple:

ARMCHAIR DIAGNOSIS IS HARMFUL

Dave, are you blessed with the knowledge/insight to diagnose diseases other then mental? ~~ cancer? gastrointestinal? cardiovascular? repiratory?
    FINE TO HAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS DAVE. WISH YOU HAD THE SENSE AND DECENCY TO KEEP THESE VERY PERSONAL COMMENTS AND JUDGEMENTS TO YOURSELF. :( disappointed in you!

Comment by Janie — March 14, 2012 @ 3:10 pm

74. I believe that Courtney is crazy like a fox and knows exactly what she’s doing. She’s calculating, manipulative. She played Ben again at the ATFR by accusing him of abandoning her. And he fell right into line and gave her the ring back. She plays on his guilt and his attraction to her. I think he looks like he’s been beaten down. It’s very sad. He has his own set of problems too. I hope he finds his way out of this.

I don’t believe that the person posing as Courtney in these comments is really the Courtney from the show. And I hope no one starts feeling pity for her, because it’s all a big game to her.

Comment by Sara — March 14, 2012 @ 3:16 pm

75. I think something was “off” with her too ( not calling her names) but the girls said she stayed alone alot.You dont go into that show not knowing you have to spend time with other females and then stay alone. Thats just “off”. She seemed quite childlike and acted very young for her age. I have to agree alot with what Dave said here. She always blamed the girls for her actions , and behavior , and her statement was “she was pretty” and always got that from other females, hmm those girls didnt know she modeled when she walked thru the door that first night. Ben will have alot to handle with her with this kind of behavior , let alone if they had children. Those kind of mothers always put themselves first, never the children. Well ,Im no Dr either but this was just my two cents. Its going to take alot of “honest” hard work to make it work .

Comment by Julie R — March 14, 2012 @ 3:19 pm

76. Ben Flajnik Cream Dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWt_DifczOM

Comment by andy — March 14, 2012 @ 3:33 pm

77. That video is disgusting.

Comment by Sara — March 14, 2012 @ 3:49 pm

78. I think Ben’s Cream Dream video is what turned Ashley off.

It probably turned Courtney on!! I don’t believe for a second she is sorry for her behavior on the show. She is just trying to clean up the mess she made for her family and the show. I give her and Ben maybe 1 month and it’s over. Courtney is too manipulating for Ben or any Man. She is high maintenance and needs constant reassurance which can get really annoying after a while. I think she needs Physciatric help and then maybe she’ll find a Man that will stay with her. Run Ben Run!!

Comment by Maryann — March 14, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

79. Dave- I always appreciate hearing a man’s perspective on this show. I have enjoyed reading your blogs throughout this season. HOWEVER, while I totally agree that it’s unethical at this point to continue to comment on Courtney because I honestly think she doesn’t know how to act socially, or get along with others, she is not a sociopath. I think you are on the right path though in your thinking….I agree with the other posters who see her as a narcissist (not real emotional, self absorbed, all about her etc etc). Anyway, thanks for your great comments this season… PS What is it about guys that makes them want the girl no other girls like????? This is SUCH a HUGE red flag for women, but men continue to drop like flies at the feet of such women. If you can answer this, i am honestly interested in your thoughts, as a guy. Thanks.

Comment by emm — March 14, 2012 @ 5:08 pm

80. Dave, this is my favorite blog of yours all season. I too am a psychologist-wannabe and love to try and figure out what makes folks tick.

I am also a blogger and understand full well that you just gave your opinion and were not acting as a medical professional.

My favorite blogs and posts are those that leave me with something new to consider and your blog certainly did just that. Keep it up and never stop expressing your opinion no matter the feedback. Rather it’s good or bad, you know you’ve touched a nerve when there are so many responses.

Comment by ilja — March 14, 2012 @ 6:16 pm

81. @Reality Bites-sorry to disappoint you but my comments about the lack of intelligence was not aimed at all viewers; only Dave Good and the people who applaud him for his disturbing blog and said they were running polls to find the psychological disorder they claim she suffers from. I agree with the viewers on here, who, like me, disagree with David and find his ignorant attempt to diagnose a serious disorder, not even knowing the person, nor being qualified to do so, as crossing the line. I’m sorry if you work for this show and took this as an attack on the premise or the show itself. It wasn’t. I can tell reality tv from reality and find the show entertaining. I know adults are cast and are not forced to do so. It still doesn’t make it ok to constantly attack a person for doing the show. In my opinion, and I’m free to have one, correct? I think you need a life if you’re a viewer and run polls about perfect strangers on a show like the Bachelor (to attack them). Lame. It’s just a show. It’s over. MOve on. I think it would benefit these people to pick up a book or show a little kindness. Either way, unless you are a professional or studying psychology, you are not in a position to diagnose or even guess at a person’s psychological state of mind. Very ignorant comments by him, especially when it comes to why he thinks she has this disorder. As I said before, many of these disorders have the same traits and so do perfectly normal people. She may be socially akward or simply not interested in playing high school with the type of women who normally do this show. I’ll add-NOT ALL OF THEM ARE INCLUDED IN MY SAYING THAT. There are some that seem, I stress the word seem, as we don’t know them, perfectly nice. Please, re-read my comment if you didn’t understand it. I did say it was harsh at the end of it but someone needs to put this guy in his place. As far as laughing all the way to the bank for writing that? All I can say is, LOL. If that’s your idea of accomplishing something then we agree to disagree. I know I aimed below the belt but if you write a silly blog and attack a stranger’s character, which can be read by her family, then get a thick enough skin to take the comments from people who disagree with you. I do and I find the notion of going on tv to date someone akin to placing an ad in the personal section of a newspaper or going on Match.com.Then, after doing so, if your job consists of trolling Twitter for attention, going to get drunk at parties hoping to be cast at yet another Bach show to meet someone, writing little blogs about the show, and getting paid to attend places as a reality tv contestant, as…..I’ll keep that opinion to myself. I hope he has an actual job outside of this. If all he’s doing is writing a backwads book on men then he may need a real job or maybe he can actually get a degree so he is qualified to write such a book. Anyone who reads his Man book and follows it is in trouble. Sorry, but that’s MY opinion. I like the show and I think it’s well done. It doesn’t force me into liking every contestant who has been on it nor agreeing with middle aged men and women acting like their in high school and attacking perefectly good people. If that is something you need from viewers then maybe you need to grow up a little.

Comment by Annoyed Jess Rolands — March 14, 2012 @ 6:54 pm

82. @calmdown-since you obssesively brought up Holly, I know exactly who you are. Why hide behind the fake name and pretend you’re the nice guy for America saying you respect her but continue to disrespect her fiance(respect applies to everyone, when you actually understand it). Move on and get over it. Holly seems a lot more intelliegnt, sweet, and stable than Dave Good. Being from Ohio does not mean you grew up the same way. My stepdad’s from Ohio and he behaves with a lot more class than Dave Good. He’s respectful. Dave Good needs to learn how to repsect women. Sorry, but I’m calm. This blog was just below the belt, even for his usual inappropriate comments.

Comment by Annoyed Jess Rolands — March 14, 2012 @ 7:00 pm

83. @ Cynthia Baker: SERIOUSLY. DISTURBED. TIME TO TURN OFF THE TV, CYNTHIA!

Comment by jolene — March 14, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

84. @Jolene-it’s funny how if I disagree with you, I’m scary. If Appalachian Dave writes a blog where he’s calling this poor girl a mentally handicapped individual and a sociopath, he’s great and kind? I know I’m not scary and I’ll make a great psychologist. You, on the other hand, maybe need to look at your doublestandards and grow up a little bit (Dave-thanks for the shirtless pic-HA HA). K? I’m glad I stood up for this poor girl and will not leave another comment. I have better things to do and I know it comes across as a foreign language to the negative people on here who live for this stuff. All the best! I need to rent Deliverance again. It’s the one place I enjoyed watching Dave Good and his banjo.

Comment by Jess Rolands — March 14, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

85. I would say that you take a young adult, ply them with alcohol and have them live with 24 members of their same gender all competing for one guy and all kinds of DSM symptoms are going to start cropping up. It doesn’t really have to do with how a person functions in their daily life. In what we saw of her regular life Courtney appears to be capable of holding down a job and maintain loving relationships with her family (we witnessed her having girl talk with her sister and cooing baby talk to her mother), and she also mentioned friends a few times, also we watched her develop a friendship with Kacey and the girls mentioned at the WTA that she was friendly towards Rachel as well. Therefore while she may lack emotional maturity and be at a low level of moral development, I don’t think she qualifies for a dsm diagnosis.

At the women tell all, it appeared as though a lot of the girls were pretty nasty to each other this season. It was more intense when Courtney turned mean girl because it was obvious from early on that Ben favored her. But I think that she has been able to get away with a lot because of her looks and so hasn’t had much emotional growth or developed a lot of empathy. She was sorry for the things she said because of the consequences she had to face. Its just where she is at emotionally.

During the after when Chris asked Ben about the cheating Ben said, “I swear on my father’s grave I did not cheat on Courtney.” That succeeded in ending that line of questioning and I realized that Ben is a rich kid who has been somewhat coddled by everyone in his world after his father died and so in his emotional development, he is still an angry teenager railing at the world for taking his father away.

I’ve heard that romantically you end up with who you are in terms of emotional depth and we saw that play out. Ben bypassed girls like Linzie and Nicky who have had some hard emotional knocks and grown from them and picked the one who was like himself.

The way that they both already are hanging onto grudges him for how Courtney’s treatment of the other girls reflected poorly on him and Courtney for how Ben didn’t send her flowers on Valentine’s day tells me that they have a long road in front of them and will need to learn to let go of grudges if they want a loving satisfying relationship. But they might grow up together and find peace with each other. I hope they do.

Comment by Rebecca — March 14, 2012 @ 7:25 pm

86. Your blog reads like a haters’ manual.

Comment by Alicia — March 14, 2012 @ 9:17 pm

87. Did I just read that Lindzi was forewarned that she was getting dumped?

Comment by Person of Interest — March 14, 2012 @ 9:17 pm

88. Hey Jess R…going a bit far in your rant bud when you resort to TELLING others here: “unless you are a professional or studying psychology, you are not in a position to diagnose or even guess at a person’s psychological state of mind.” Oh, & you say “She has a real job and already has her friends, seems very well-adjusted to me.” Did your psych class help you in drawing this conclusion? What a bunch of BS on here. OMG Dave, did you ever imagine you’d be getting psych students reading your blog? Holy Moly!

Comment by Camy — March 14, 2012 @ 9:37 pm

89. I urge all of you who find this finale blog inappropriate to complain to warnerbros.com.

Comment by Alicia — March 14, 2012 @ 9:56 pm

90. Dr. Jess Roland, I pray I never end up in your office. Just give me the injection and let me die slowly while I clutch my banjo so I don’t have to listen to another bigoted rant against the good people of Appalachia. And while you’re going through training and getting psychoanalyzed yourself, you might want to delve deep into your psyche and sort out those rage issues. Good luck doc!

Comment by I'm Glad I'm Not Insured — March 14, 2012 @ 10:31 pm

91. Why do I have this weird urge to watch Deliverance again?

Comment by Jolene — March 14, 2012 @ 10:39 pm

92. This has some good comments! Heres the thing with Courtney, yes she was a bit overboard many times, and was signaled out, but the other girls were no angels also! We had very mean comments about Shawntel. Kacie B the fan favorite had some nasty things to say about Courtney. Emily was the ring leader of the anti-Courtney crowd, had Ben asked her to dish out the venom on Courtney i’m sure she would on for 1 hour of her hate towards her.
    End of the day Ben and Courtney are really the best match of all 25 girls. Ive said before on Ashelys write up, I like Courtney and think shes OK.
    These two have a long road ahead of them. Lets hope Courtney can go on Ellens show and get Ellens ‘stamp of approval’ that will help clear the air.

Comment by Thomas Knight — March 15, 2012 @ 1:16 am

93. I am on the Autism spectrum and also have anxiety disorders. I felt and understood David’s pain having loved several narcissists. I can see though how Courtney could have Aspergers. My disorders are not fun and are hard on my family. While there is no cure,, the right therapy really can help. Depression is common for those of us on the spectrum(and like snowflakes we are all different!). I hope people forgive Courtney. Until you know the pain of not being neurotypical you can’t condemn. I liked all the women on the show and it was so hard to watch them cry. What a strange concept this show has! I like Ellen D’s idea, just pick more roses or better yet add more boyfriends! :)

Comment by Kristine — March 15, 2012 @ 5:59 am

94. Pointing out other people’s faults does not excuse anyone’s behavior. We all say dumb things sometimes. The difference in Courtney and everyone else (from what we saw anyhow) was the pattern of behavior.

Instead of making excuses, she would have presented herself better if she had just owned up to her own behavior. That’s why I’ve giving David’s ideas some credence. While he may well be wrong, a disorder of some kind would explain why Courtney can not seem to understand why she stepped over the line without blaming others for her own actions.

Comment by ilja — March 15, 2012 @ 8:24 am

95. What I don’t get is why she kepy saying to everyone she tried to be friends? From all accounts she stayed in her room alot. She said all the girls attacked her? If they did do that we sure didn’t see that on the shows. Even in Switzerland when her and Ben were sitting down at the picnic he stated ” you didn’t make it easy for me” she just sort of blew it off and said again “well I tried” “but the girls didn’t like me” In my mind she lied to Ben’s sister and Mom ( or skipped around the question) with the same answer ” its hard to live with all those girls” “I’m too pretty” ………… I think they have alot of work ahead of them to make it work, I guess time will tell.

Comment by Julie R — March 15, 2012 @ 11:11 am

96. For all those commenters with psych degrees/qualifications etc.. please tell me if you agree:

“We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.”- Dwight Moody

We should be able to tell from your responses. I’m just saying….

Comment by Reality_bites — March 15, 2012 @ 11:26 am

97. @ TheRealCourtney, (if it is the real Courtney, though it sounds a lot like her!) thank you for taking the time to post and for apologizing and for truly owning up to your behavior. It sounds like you learned a lot through the process. Wishing you the best of luck!

Comment by Heather — March 15, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

98. @ Person of Interest It’s happened before, Jillian had tipped off Kipton because she didn’t want him to be humiliated, Ali let Chris go early…it would explain why Lindzi responded, or didn’t respond the way that she did. I watched back Lindzi’s response and when Ben said “I’ve fallen in love with you,” Lindzi gave him a look like, “I know…and?” She totally knew; either Ben told her or got a message to her before The Final Rose.

Comment by Barb — March 15, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

99. @JessRolands, I loved your comments. You can tell you’re a good person who is passionate about standing up for a girl that has been harassed too much for making a few dumb comments. All the girls made mean comments and it is hypocritical for people to call Courtney out and let Kacie B and Emily get away with their jealous and catty behavior. HAHAHAHA I was cracking up when I saw the link you posted of the Neanderthal man and your movie reference about Deliverance. That is the scariest movie! That is hitting below the belt for Dave and I’m a fan of his. I have to disagree with Dave on this one even though I loved his other blogs. I’m with all the people on here who thought that his sociopath comment was out of line and far from kind. It is inappropriate. I think psychological disorders should be judged by the professionals. Sorry Dave. :( I can’t wait for Emily’s season!

Comment by Amy Malloy — March 15, 2012 @ 6:26 pm

100. @JessRolands, I found you on Twitter and will be following! ;) Your light shines very bright. It’s good to see someone who isn’t afraid to go against negative people and stand up for what she believes in!

Comment by Amy Malloy — March 15, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

101. @ Amy Malloy Are you Jess Rolands in disguise, the Jess Rolands who’s first line of defense IS negativity and mean comments? Because you should know each time you come back to this page you make “Appalachian” Dave more money $$$$$. Shouldn’t have used your real name Jess if you want patients in the future. They prefer therapists who have already resolved their rage issues. ;-)

Comment by Please Prescribe Me Zoloft Instead — March 15, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

102. *whose*

Comment by Please Prescribe Me Zoloft Instead or Even Xanax — March 15, 2012 @ 7:04 pm

103. HAHAHA There are some real nutcases in Bach world. No. My name is Amy. I don’t hide behind fake names to comment. You’re welcome to check out my Facebook and Twitter profiles. They are both under my real name. Sorry you consider someone not agreeing with you as negative. Jess is hilarious and has some very smart comments on here. I’m assuming you are Appalachian Dave trying to save face. She really put you in your place. Huh? You can tell because you’re still talking about her and she hasn’t even bothered to come back. She may be right. It may be time for you to get a “real job”. Best of luck! ;) ^

Comment by Amy Malloy — March 16, 2012 @ 2:49 am

104. @ Amy Malloy a.k.a. Dr. Jess: I’ll send you a friend request. Looking forward to your photo album as I’m sure they’ll feature pictures of people with bad teeth playing the banjo along with many bigoted rants on her wall. Yep, Jess Rolands definitely shines a very bright light. On herself.

Comment by Fake Name — March 16, 2012 @ 10:46 am

105. @FakeName, whatever ya say nutter. I think you’ll feel like an idiot when you see I’m an actual person. I have a feeling that is the norm for you. This has to be Appalachian Dave or some Bachelor reject. You must be unemployed to have this much time on your hands and keep coming back here. Teehee! Way to go @Jessrolands You really got to these rejects!

Comment by Amy Malloy — March 16, 2012 @ 12:17 pm

106. Anyone else think that Ben’s sister looks a little like Khloe Kardashian?

Comment by GinaB — March 16, 2012 @ 2:01 pm

107. @ Amy Malloy As I’m contagious, sick in bed and trying to fulfill a writing deadline, I come here sometimes to decompress and get or give a laugh. And way to go Amy Malloy for picking on someone for being here when…YOU ARE HERE!

Comment by Fellow Nutter — March 16, 2012 @ 2:58 pm

108. I think people have a right to say what they want, DaveG included, But these JessRolands/Amy Malloy girls are really bitter mean spirited and throw out such immature, hateful insults with so much glee! I am disturbed by what this board has disintegrated into.

Comment by Barb — March 16, 2012 @ 4:12 pm

109. Jess, you and your little entourage if idiots here need to get a life. David had some intelligent viewpoints here. And, to those of you that that don’t agree and feel need to ‘outsmart’ Dave by claiming to be psychology majors and clinical psychologists, you’ve already gotten your 2 cents in. Dave has a busy life & stopped reading your foolishness a long time ago. So, really, you need to get a life, maybe go for a long walk, think about how stupid you sound.

Comment by Camy — March 17, 2012 @ 8:15 am

110. please watch – so FUNNY

Comment by Francesca — March 17, 2012 @ 6:41 pm

111. @ Camy Totally agree. The Jess Rolands & Amy Malloy entourage need to get a life. Interesting how they attack others for “attacking” others, all while being the nastiest group in the bunch. Their comments were pretty horrific. I truly hope Jess Rolands isn’t really a “psychology” major, for the sake of that field.

Comment by Alicia — March 18, 2012 @ 12:38 pm