David “Man Code” Good’s Bachelor Pad Blog: Episode 3

I am extra pumped for this week’s episode! Jumping right back into the drama is Melissa drilling Blake in the kitchen.  He really made a bad mistake by getting involved with her.  I like what Holly said about herself and that, “it’s not like that” with her and Blake.  She likes to flirt and they are just friends.

Blake said Melissa, “is a live wire flailing around waiting to zap someone.”  I don’t think I could have said it better myself.  She is getting really upset with him and now getting all the girls to try and have her back.  Not good for my Blake.

Next, Chris comes in and announces it’s time to head outside to see the next competition.  Hmmm, wonder what it is going to be? It’s synchronized swimming!  This should be good!  The guys will perform together and the ladies will perform together.  One person from each team will be chosen by “guest judges” on their performances and receive roses. Their outfits are hilarious!  Speedos and flower bikinis!

Next, the judges are announced and include Karen, who is a professional synchronized swimmer and Natalie Getz and I. The girls go first.  I have to say, I thought the girls with some cheerleading background would be good at this.  WRONG.  They looked really, really bad and did not work well as a team.

The guys however seemed to have worked very well as a team and they were so much better than the girls!  Stags really took control of the situation and lead the guys routine.  Mike Stags won for the guys and Michelle Money won for the girls.  They both really deserved it.

The producers would not let Nat or I in on any secrets or let us spend much time with everyone, so we did not get a lot of secret info. Overall, it was fun to be back at the house and see everyone.  I wish I were competing again for that $250,000!

Jake and Erica are lying down and talking strategy with each other.  Erica is saying she, “wants to take it to the next level” with Jake.  Oh God, please let this happen.  I would love to see those two together.

Kasey starts yelling at Vienna about talking to Jake.  They are having a pretty big argument in front of everyone.  Very awkward and I imagine this she is crying again.  How many times a week do girls cry in real life?  I mean seriously.  I said in my last blog that they would implode.  It’s starting to happen and people are starting to turn on them because of “them.”

Michelle gets her date card and asked Graham, Kasey, and Blake on her date.  This is great strategy here.  All power players.  Super jealous they are going out with my girlfriend Michelle though.

They go on a dinner date up on some hill or orchard or something.  It looked really beautiful and was probably just nice for all of them to get out of the house. Strategy moment here: going out of the house sometimes might seem good but it can also give people time back in the house to plot and strategize without you. Missing out on some of that can be a bad thing.

Mike gets his date card and asked Vienna, Ella and Holly.

Back on the dinner date Graham and Michelle wander off and she tells him she might have a crush on him. They are cute together, but I might have to kill you Graham!  Graham is my boy!  He’s a stupid, awesome guy.  I can see them hitting it off for sure.  She gives Graham the rose.

Its time for Mike’s date.  They are going horseback riding!  That is pretty fun!  Vienna is complaining the whole time and Ella says she is really annoying her.  Ella is such a sweetheart so for her to say that is saying something.

Back in the house Blake is trying to save his ass by buttering up to Melissa.  He is doing his best to play the game here and I am going to say he’s playing well!  He has no other choice.  She is buying it and they are going to, “couple back up.”

On Mike’s date Holly and Mike are talking again about their relationship.   It seems like Mike is getting those feelings back for her but I think Holly has “lost that loving feeling,” oh that loving feeling…[insert Tom Cruise here.]

Jake is back in the house trying to rally the troops on his side.  Despite all the crap I have talked about Jake I am starting to really enjoy watching this guy work people.  I have to give him credit.  Even taking it as far as making out with Erica in one of the grossest kissing scenes I have ever had to watch and hear!  So much lip smacking. I feel like I am watching Guiding Light or something.

Mike gives Holly the rose on his date.  Surprise.  A bus pulls up beside them and Brett Michaels jumps out!  Awesome! He has been there and done that on MANY things and you have respect that.  He sings them, “Every Rose has its Thorn.”  It is one of my favorite hair-band songs of all-time. It’s crazy how fitting that song is for them.  I just want them both to be happy.  They both deserve it.  They are great people.

Kasey pulls Vienna aside in the house and sits her down.  He tells her how much he loves her and confesses his heart to her and starts to reach for something in his pocket and Vienna yells out, “I don’t want it to be an engagement ring!”  What the hell?  Talk about a mood killer. He says it’s not and that it’s a promise ring.  Wasn’t that something you did in high school?  I could be wrong.  I just thought it was like wearing your class ring or something.

Oh man, he is singing to her now.  It’s not great but I guess it’s the thought that counts.  In one way it’s so terrible and cheesy but in another it’s really cute if you are the girl. I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong?

Wow!  Erica is literally crawling around on the ground to listen to Melissa.  These two going at it should be good! I have heard that Melissa is nice in person but from what I have seen of her in two shows she is what I said she was on The Bachelor.  Crazy.  I thought Erica handled it well, actually.  She was calm, cool and collected the whole time and Melissa, as expected, went nuts and said, “she might just go home.”

She is crying to Jake, which is really good for him.  He can win another person over here very easy.  He is doing great!  He’s so persuasive.  I love it…as much as I want to hate it.

Now it’s Rose Ceremony time and this one is going to be nuts!  Chris announces that only one man is going home tonight.  Everyone in the house votes for this one guy!  All the girls are safe.

Erica is really working Melissa here too.  Jake and Erica are showing some great strategy.  It’s mean using her while she is down, but when isn’t she down?  That’s how life goes sometimes.  The world is not all rainbows and unicorns and some people just can’t handle it.

Kasey seems to think he is fine going into the Rose Ceremony but soon learns that a lot of people are rallying against him tonight and is not happy. It looks like Kirk is going to be the swing vote between Kasey and Jake.  That’s a tough spot for him to be in if that’s true.

Note:  Is William still on this show?

It has come down to Jake and Kasey and everyone seems really tense.  Kasey gets the rose so Jake is going home. I have to say that throughout this show I really started to like watching Jake work people.  He played as good of a game as he could.

But what the hell? I wonder what Jake did for them to cut his whole exit out?  The screen just goes blank and then to “The Mask” swimming.  Stupid ending.  Can’t wait to hear about what really happened.

See you next week!

1. Not good for my Blake – why am I not surprised that he’s “yours”. Birds of a feather and all that. Is he following your Man Code?

I wish I were competing again for that $250,000! – Get a freakin’ job!!

Comment by georgia — August 24, 2011 @ 10:25 pm

2. Fun blog. I agree that Jake surprised everyone this episode by working everyone and actually being really smart about the game. The synchronized swimming was hilarious. It must have been a blast to watch in person.

Comment by Barbara — August 25, 2011 @ 12:46 am

3. Dave, another good blog. (What’s w/ Georgia’s comment??)So is Jake back in your good graces? Surely you don’t think he’s a real Man Code guy! He’s a wanna be actor who might actually have some skills b/c he’s full of crap and can still get people to do and believe what he wants.

Comment by Elizabeth — August 25, 2011 @ 1:43 am

4. Dave, you are really funny! One thing that I will say, and I think most girls would agree, that Kasey singing was not cute. Maybe 1 or 2 lines, but it is really too much. Some girls would probably even say it is unmanly or unattractive…

Comment by Amy — August 25, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

5. Good blog, Man Code!

Why did the screen black out at the end? I heard a fight erupted between Jake and Kasey — and that it got too heated to show on TV. They might show part of it next week.

Dave, you and Michele are not compatible. I know you think she’s attractive, but you’re kind of a wild guy, and she’s looking for a sweet, sensitive man/father for her son.

I really thought you and Natalie were cute and dynamic together. You seem to banter well and play off each other — and be equals in terms of intelligence, looks, personalities, etc. She could be your best friend and partner (perfect wife/love). I’m surprised you’re not looking towards her.

Michele is smart too and attractive — but with you, you’d just have a fling. Does a single mother deserve that?

Blake — not sure what to make of him. I think he’s an awesome man but just hope he isn’t as manipulative in real life. He seems to be a pragmatist and just do what he needs to do to make life work — and is willing to learn from his mistakes.

Ah well – it’s just a TV show.

Again, great blog, Dave “Man Code” Good.

Comment by Latrine — August 25, 2011 @ 1:01 pm

6. Amy?

Kasey’s signing was horrific! He sounds like a little kid who still pronounces his r’s as w’s — ie, sowwwy, or like a cartoon character.

I know he is playing to the camera to get airtime….as air time translates into fame, and therefore into dollars.

He would make a great skin head.

Comment by Latrine — August 25, 2011 @ 1:04 pm

7. About Jake — we might want to cut him some slack. Like Man Code said, he worked the room — and played the game well, with charm and strategy.

However, he is to be pitied. He has failed at everything in his life — in business, as a pilot, in marriage. Acting and this reality show franchise are all he has in life at this point, and so he is trying to leverage it into a career for himself.

Most of these contestants are losers who will stoop to any level to stay in the limelight as they have nothing else going on in their lives nor serious career prospects…and are hoping they will get their ticket to lasting fame and easy money.

Comment by Latrine — August 25, 2011 @ 1:08 pm

8. Two things….the job you are telling Dave to go get could probably fall under the blog itself…or “author”.

As for everyone on the show being losers just wanting the limelight…I would not disagree with that statement with some of them…however, let’s not forget that those losers have us tuned in every week….so uh….people in glass houses….

Just sayin.

Comment by Morgan — August 27, 2011 @ 9:55 am

9. Hmm….still not sure about this. You are protecting your boys and that is a bit childish. :^) You guys really are following a “Man Code”– it seems this code may not have respect for women. Masculinity can tie to aggression, so I’d cool down a bit.

Comment by emy — August 28, 2011 @ 3:15 am

10. So true, Morgan,

I am trying to wean myself off of this show. I can’t stand myself wasting time watching these people, much less commeting on their blogs.

Watching them feels like eating jello — fun, but unsatisfying, and I come away with nothing.

I need to discipline myself to say no more to BP.

BP Anonymous, anyone?

Let me start. “Hi, my name is Lucy, and I am a Bachelor franchise fanatic.”

Comment by Lucy — August 29, 2011 @ 3:06 am

11. So true, Morgan,

I need to discipline myself to say no more to BP.

BP Anonymous, anyone?

Let me start. “Hi, my name is Lucy, and I am a Bachelor franchise fanatic.”

Comment by Lucy — August 29, 2011 @ 3:06 am

12. David –

Wrong! People aren’t dogging you over Vienna because she’s ugly, they are dogging you because you are a promiscuous dog. Don’t you have any self-control?

Let me spell it out to you, Vienna was, at the time, a prospective co-worker within the franchise. Why would you hop into bed with her the moment you met her? That’s just disgusting. Doesn’t mattered that she is a “big breasted blonde from Florida” (way to go to objectify her!), it’s just disgusting behavior.

As for people who have flowers or animals on their icons, Dave, most people, especially those who are respectable, value their privacy. Having a flower icon doesn’t mean they are ashamed of their looks any more than having a hot picture means that the person is hot.

Typically it implies a need for privacy — that is, I don’t want millions of strangers, some of whom could turn into stalkers or be potential coworkers, friends, family, etc.

Just like most idiots from this franchise pose in swim suits to show how “hot” they are, most of us see you as exhibitionists and narcissists.

Outside the world of reality TV, people have more important concerns than whether someone is beddable or not.

Comment by Wrong — September 10, 2011 @ 4:12 am

13. Was wondering about your shirt you wore that episode…the band or city…just curious….

Comment by Ohio gal — September 13, 2011 @ 1:29 am

14. wow, awesome article. Much obliged.

Comment by Kimora Dees — January 14, 2012 @ 4:19 pm