David “Man Code” Good’s Bachelor Pad Blog: Finale

The Bachelor Pad Finale

Here we go!  We’re finally going to see who wins this thing and then bring them back and see what really went down! Chris comes in and tells the 4 remaining couples they are going to Vegas for the final challenge.  Love it!  Vegas is exactly where they should take this circus.

They arrive at The MGM Grand and their theatre is the Cirque Du Solae Ka.  AWESOME!  They all look very nervous.  There is a 100-foot rotating wall in front of them that they will be suspended from in harnesses and be working on.  I personally think it looks super fun. They have to do a 60 second routine with 10 seconds in which they do whatever they want to try and stand out.

Graham is afraid of heights and Michelle is getting very sick to her stomach so they are really struggling starting out. There is a lot of awkward tension between Holly and Mike. Kirk and Ella are doing ok. Kasey and Vienna are fighting. Finally, they bring in a panel of Judges. Trista! Still looking great! The godfather, Jason Mesnick and Ally!  What a panel!

Graham and Michelle are up first and they did ok.  Both looked a little slow but not too bad.  Good chemistry. Kirk and Ella are second.  Kirk is trying to coach Ella through it but she is really struggling.  Not great. Vienna and Kasey go third.  They actually look super good!  Wow, they seriously kicked ass.

Last but not least are Mike and Holly.  Holly and Mike might have done even better believe it or not.  They looked super good as well. It’s up to the Vets on the panel to tally the votes!

Holly and Mike win! Well deserved. But who did the worst? It looks like Kirk and Ella are out.  L  I feel for them.  Ella is really upset and saying, “she let Kirk down.” In a way, yes, but she did the best she could and that’s all you can ask for.  Kirk was very comforting to her and was a Man Code Man about things for sure.

Now back in the house Holly and Mike have a hard decision because they have to pick the couple that goes to the final with them. Kasey and Vienna say they deserve to be in the final over Graham and Michelle and in a way they do but also they don’t.  They did fight, claw and scratch their way to get where they are.

The flip side to that is Graham and Michelle have floated under the radar but in a way that is the best strategy to not have to struggle and have a target on your back. That is also really good game play.

Mike and Holly tell Graham and Michelle that they feel if they kept Vienna and Kasey around that in the end they would for sure beat them. However, if they kept Graham and Michelle around they would probably lose to them so it’s a hard decision to make.

Graham does not like this one bit and is super pissed at Mike.  He said they are boys and, “it’s not about the money.”  I think Graham is drunk and is throwing a fit.  Michelle is yelling at him and holding him back from going inside and yelling at Mike.  That would have been a terrible decision on Graham’s part.

Mike and Holly pick Graham and Michelle.  As hard as it was to do it was the same as Kiptyn and Tenley picking Natalie and I.  We had developed relationships and helped each other more than the others knew about and that paid off because of the character of them both. Integrity, honesty and accountability. Man Code style gets it done again!

The second part of this blog is The Finale where everyone comes back to pick the couple that will compete for the $250,000. It’s funny but as they are showing some of the people from the show I forgot they were even on it!

Jackie and Ames are back and sitting beside each other.  Turns out Ames dumped Jackie right after they got home.  Hmmm, did not see that coming…oh wait, yes I did.  Saw that coming from a million miles away.  Failing.

The whole group is bashing Vienna and Kasey.  I do think some of it is warranted but you have to give them credit for playing a pretty good game.  Next, Jake is in the hot seat.  This should be splendid.  The thing is some of what Vienna is saying about him is true.  I also feel that V and K were a bit hard on him.  There are two sides to the story.

I am on Jake’s side now.  I have bashed him enough.  He is a pro and I respect the way he works the show and America to his advantage.  Amazing.  If I hear the word “olive branch” one more time I am going jump out the window.  I am over typing and listening about Jake, Vienna and Kasey. Kasey did apologize to Jake and it looked sincere and was actually nice.  I am glad to see that.

Next Kasey is on the hot seat.  Watching his montage of the show is awesome! He actually was hilarious looking back and did do what he said and controlled the show whether people want to believe that or not.

Kasey is getting emotional and breaks into tears.  I feel for Kasey.  I know what he is going through to an extent.   When you get caught up in something and act different than you normally would it’s hard to watch and you have to own it and change for the better because of it.  I hope that’s what he gets out of this.

Blake now takes the hot seat.  I think Blake said it well that the lines can get very close to partnership and relationship and can come and go easy, which is very true in this game.  Chris asked Blake about him and Holly.  He can’t say enough good things about her and says he is in love with her.  They have not gone a day without talking he says! Holly is moving to S.C to move in with Blake!?  They got engaged?  WOW!  I wonder if Mike knows about this.  Talk about moving fast.  I am so caught off guard.

Chris brings out the final two couples.  Mike and Holly and Graham and Michelle. Oh no…OH no.  Mike does not know about this?  Not on TV guys.  Come on man.  Why would you let him go through that Holly?  That’s B.S. and yes I said it.  Piss off, Holly.  As a friend of yours I’m here to tell you that is something I would never expect from you.  If you care about someone you would never do that.  Unreal.  I’m glad Mike is such a better person.  He is such a good dude.  I love you buddy.  And nobody had the sack to say anything.  You better believe if I were there I would have let both of them know what I thought about that.

Finally the cast has to vote for the final 2.  MIKE AND HOLLY WIN! Yay! I love him.  I hope he takes home all the cake now though. The stipulations are the same with them as it was with Natalie and I.  Keep or Share.  I can tell you that is incredibly nerve racking back in that room.  If I was Mike though I would pick keep.  I would risk it.  All or nothing.

The moment of truth…Holly picks share.  Mike picks [drum roll]…share!  I knew he would.  CONGRATS to both of you!

It was a crazy season that’s for sure but I am excited to see Ben as the next Bachelor.  He looks like a good dude and will be fun to watch.

See you soon!

1. I love your blog, Dave! I respect that you changed your mind about Jake. I too respected how he turned around public opinion. He shows that being the bigger person really does earn people’s respect while Vienna proved that holding grudges does not! I feel bad for Kasey and I hope he breaks up with her and moves on. And I couldn’t agree with you more about Holly What a low move. Poor Michael. She has proven herself to be an insensitive idiot.

Comment by Sarah — September 15, 2011 @ 1:05 am

2. Agreed with Sarah! Good blog Dave. I have not been a fan of Holy since abt week 2. I have a good inner•gut on reading ppl, TV or not. She’s a man jumper, to whoever can keep her “up and in the spotlight”!

Mixed emotions abt Jake now, but at least I don’t dispise him. I really like KK! (Kasey) I wish he’d dump that drama queen, and find someone who will treat him like he desereves to be treated:)

Mike Stag is the man! Love him. Not my type looks wise, but what a great character and sense of humor!!! He’s hella funny! Who knew? Glad he won…Holly? Not.

Blake and she are a match made in phony heaven. I will NOT last, I bet my bottom dollar…

Comment by NorCal Batch Viewer — September 15, 2011 @ 1:22 am

3. “olive branch” ;)

Comment by NotDebbie — September 15, 2011 @ 2:37 am

4. I agree with most of your blog, but I really can’t believe that you , being a past cast member of both Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad, did not see the slicing of footage from when Michael was told about the engagement. Blake and Holly were told that she could speak to Michael before they went on air. They did not allow that, and that was the part that the producers cut out. They did not want the world to see Blake argue that point on air. And I, for one minute, do not believe Chris Harrison or the producers when they say that Holly could have demanded anything. It doesn’t work that way. The minions are not allowed to demand anything, they are told what they are allowed to do!

And you suggest that no one called Holly and Blake out on this because it wasn’t shown on air. I am sure there is a very long discussion of this with all the cast mates that is on the cutting room floor, because ABC does not want the truth shown. Humiliation, unfortunately sells. Rational discussion between all involved, does not.

Blake and Holly have every right to be mad at the bad press they are getting. There is so much producing and editing in reality TV, it is sickening.

I felt bad for Michael, he seems like a nice man, but he is also milking the sympathy to sell his songs on itunes. Almost every tweet he makes is about posting his songs on itunes and thanking people who purchase them. I don’t blame him for using this attention. But really, lets look at all sides of this situation fairly. Michael should be most angry at how this show used and humiliated him. They showed him crying almost every episode, just to build it up to the ending that would get ratings.

I wish Blake and Holly a great life together. And I sincerely hope Michael finds his true love as well.

Comment by Susan — September 15, 2011 @ 12:32 pm

5. Susan?

I don’t think anyone would buy Michael’s itunes out of sympathy. Is there even a market for that? He has a big profile either way. People will buy products becasue they want them not out of sympathy. He got $125,000. I think he’s doing fine.

Michael has said in interviews that Holly and Blake DID NOT tell him about the engagement. They had days to tell him before hand. They certainly did not need to televise it.

Did you also see (in Mike’s interviews) that Blake lied to Michael during the show, claiming he was only taking Holly out for strategic reasons? At the same time Holly was faking interest in Michael and Blake was secretly courting her.

The manipulation both descended to was horrendous. They deserve the bad press they are getting.

If Blake were truly interested in Holly, he could have asked Michael privately whether he minded their dating on the show or simply waited until after the show. They did not need to “explore” their romantic connection on camera, in front of the fiance, and while both Holly and Blake were lying to him and playing him for a fool.

I truly believe Holly and Blake hatched a little scheme whereby they would forge a relationship on the air and then get publicity and money for selling the story of their engagement. Holly has tried this before and known that ABC would not pay for her engagement with Michael.

They would capitalize on their Batchelor Pad fame.

I think they played up their little love affair for the camera so that the public would believe they are genuinely in love.

They might be in love for all anyone knows. However, Holly’s track record on this issue is not that good. Blake also has made it clear on numerous occasions that he is very careful not to rush love.

Yet after knowing a woman for a few weeks on a reality TV setting who is still publicly pining for her ex and crying for him on national TV is ready to propose before a camera? Did he even think whether Holly might be emotionally ready or how disrespectful this might have appeared to her ex and his family?

Even if they were in love, what’s the rush? Why the need to propose of everyone? Why not quietly and privately get to know one another and then propose outside the glare of the spotlight.

Everyone now will question their relationship and their actions. They have screwed themselves over.

People are not upset that they fell in love and are engaged. Rather they are remarking on the characters of these two which was on full display for all to see. The character they demonstrated was beyond the pale.

Comment by RealityStevo — September 15, 2011 @ 5:48 pm

6. By the way, great blog, Man Code Good! Love you on the Bachelor Beat Down as well! Save me a few chicken strips;-)

Comment by RealityStevo — September 15, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

7. Good blog, Dave. You don’t pick and choose your opinions based on insecurities…like one of the other bloggers on here. You give a good recap mixed with your opinions and in a good way.

The cast gave us some crazy disfunctional entertainment. You said on the Beatdown that it’s the viewers that are to blame for feeding this show and making it popular. Very true, but not sure what point you were trying to make. Viewers keep watching, and it’s helped a lot of you who have been on this show and created a fan base for some of you. It’s not our fault if the people that go on this show sign a contract and make a deal with the devil. We just enjoy the entertainment.

I know that a lot of people are angry with Holly right now, but for those of you who have been friends with her, I hope that fences are mended. I think she and Michael both seem like really nice people. I’m sure this will all pass and hopefully the love and respect that once existed will make way for forgiveness.
    Many of the fans do not base a complete opinion of a person based on what we see on the show. We may like or dislike someone’s character on the show, but that doesn’t mean I know exactly how they are in real life.

Comment by Jo — September 15, 2011 @ 6:35 pm

8. Dave,

Did I hear Kasey drop your name in the last cut of his “forced abstinence” discussion with Vienna? Say it ain’t so.

Comment by Austextopher — September 15, 2011 @ 7:35 pm

9. Austextopher~~~ He already said before that it’s true. And I don’t think such a minute thing is that big of a deal.

Anyway, love the blogs Dave! It’s a very good way of mixing a recap with comedic opinion. Hope you can possibly write recaps for the upcoming season of The Bachelor. That’d be entertaining to read!

Thanks!

Comment by Rachael — September 16, 2011 @ 2:37 am

10. Hi, Dave,

I watched your great performance on the Bachelor Beat Down.

For what it’s worth, I have a few comments about your book. You say it is not selling because you wrote about honor and not trash, and that trash sells. Not so.

Since you are a “grown ass man,” as you like to say, let me just tell you like it is.

First, our country is in recession, which means that fewer people have disposable income. Most people don’t read books. Why would they spend their money to buy your book?

Your book sounds awesome. The reality is, however, that most people, the audience, consider reality stars as buffoons here to amuse us. Being a reality star is not going to make us buy your book, but it did GET YOU PUBLISHED.

Do you have any idea how many quality writers are turned away each year who have great stories and books but no platforms.

Your book is your brand, and that brand/message will help open more doors for you.

If you want to sell more, you don’t have to write trash. You do have to market, however. To this end, you may want to consider having groups, like Boy Scouts, buy your book in bulk to learn about the “man code” or have Cosmo do a book review.

Once you inrease your popularity, more people will buy it as they will then actually care what you think. So tailor your image to be the Man Code man, live those principles, speak from those values, even blog about it…and then watch people flock to buy your book.

Your sales are directly contingent upon your marketing.

I will not personally buy it for myself, but I might buy it for a friend who needs to understand the message of man code.

Anyway, good luck.

Comment by Man Code — September 16, 2011 @ 2:47 am

11. Austextopher, Yes he said he basically hooked up with Vienna and something about a threesome with Trista. Details were sketchy. Said she was “not that bad” and if the worse anyone could say about him was that he “hooked up with a big boobed blonde in Florida, he wasn’t doing half bad.”

Speaking of which, Dave, if you want to a credible messenger for Man Code (and increase your sales), you may want to consider altering your image and lifestyle.

I know you are having fun bedding lots of women, but most women think that kind of lifestyle is disgusting. Why would they want to snag a man who uses women when they can find such a man all on their own without even trying.

Instead, be a man of principle and honor. Have standards and discrimination in your choice of women. Find a classy woman adn enter a monogamous relationship with her. Be a man other men aspire to me and women aspire to marry/date.

Then, I can tell you, women will flock to buy your book, as will men.

Does anyone really want to learn about being a male from someone who beds people like Vienna at hello? Nothing wrong with Vienna, as you said. She is attractive enough. But you still jumped a fellow colleague the first time meeting her — something that just doesn’t reflect well on you.

Now, if Michael Stag wrote a book about Man Code, parents would buy it for their children, etc. as he is clearly a man of honor who has won the respect and admiration of his peers.

In contrast, for you, Man code is more of a catch phrase, or something you came up with on Bachelor Pad. People don’t associate you with honor.

See the difference? Live your message and you will sell books.

Being a party hardy guy who boasts of his orgies and public drukenness will make you a guilty pleasure for the public but not somenoe they would want to invest money in.

The sad truth is, your message is very relevant and inspiring. I liked how you said that men treat women how women demand to be treated as men want to please them.
    You were essentially saying that you want women to have standards and then to live up to them, as a man.

However, your reality is quite different. You speak that message but then live the life of a party boy, which makes your message less credible.

See the difference?

If you want to be the Honorable Man Code guy, then live the message. Otherwise write a book on Dave’s drinking tips or How to Get Placed on Reality TV and Enjoy Public Drunkeness on Mike Fleiss’ Dime.

Just my thoughts:)

Comment by Man Code — September 16, 2011 @ 2:59 am

12. Ha! I totally agree, “Man Code.” I think Dave Good is a sexy and funny guy, but I would not take to learning about ethics and morality from him. Maybe people do not remember, but he acted like a total ***** on Jillian’s season. He treated her like trash, asking to touch her ***** and drunkenly insulting her. That is not that way a so-called “Man Code Man” should act. A real man is respectful to women, like Mike Stag. Sigh… I wish he were the next Bachelor.

Comment by Amy — September 16, 2011 @ 3:52 am

13. :) Amy

Comment by Man Code — September 17, 2011 @ 12:52 am

14. I’d rather Michael takes his time and find love on his own terms and away from the show.

Comment by me — September 17, 2011 @ 6:03 am

15. Super good use of the word ‘super’ multiple times in one post.

Comment by Super — September 17, 2011 @ 6:14 am

16. Dave if you quit steroids, you will not need Ambien….

Comment by Sack — September 17, 2011 @ 9:48 am

17. He uses super as Jake is his new home boy — monkey see monkey do.

At least he isn’t calling everything “amazing.”

Comment by Amazed — September 17, 2011 @ 12:32 pm

18. Just gotta say this because I hear and see it so much on the show that I wonder about our educational system. Why do the bachelor/etts use the word “I” incorrectly. There is another word that addresses the meaning of the sentence and that word is “me”. “Picking Natalie and I” is not correct form. When the Man Code book was edited, hope there was a good editor.

Now I feel better. :) With that being said, I do enjoy the narrative story behind your blog.

Comment by Charley — September 17, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

19. These people are mostly illiterate. “Him and I’s trip.”

“Her and I”

“for he and me.”

Nails on a chalk board.

Comment by Please — September 17, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

20. re: Amy
    You nailed it, Amy. Dave’s book is more like his “heart’s secret desire when he is fast asleep” (that is how Sigmund Freud defined a “dream”)but when David wakes up, it is quite a different story. Dave is a conflicted man and it alone brings the edgy,dark undertone to his raw masculine persona. When I think of Dave, I see young Marlon Brando in “A Streetcar named Desire” (Stellaaaaaa!) but no, I do not reach for the solace of his book. Sorry, Dave.

Comment by Malgorzata — September 24, 2011 @ 1:51 am

21. Hate to tell you, but you look kinda gay in your pic here Mr. Mancode.

Comment by JockStrapper — October 7, 2011 @ 4:35 am