Jesse’s Insider Bachelorette Blog: Ep. 3

Here we are back again for week 3 of ABC’s the Bachelorette season 7 with Ashley Hebert. As usual I am here with my INSIDER OPINIONS about what I saw on last night’s show. My opinions are simply based on my experiences on the show and my thoughts on the characters from last night’s show.

With that being said, here we go!

Ok so this week’s episode of The Bachelorette blew my mind! I honestly thought Bentley and Jeff would be sticking around a while longer but apparently not! This poor girl just wants to fall in love and she just keeps getting the metaphorical shaft in my book! I mean, seeing her get so upset on tonight’s made me feel bad for her!

Now onto the dates:

Ben’s one-on-one date: I like to dance. I even like to watch dancing. Last week’s Las Vegas group date with the Jabbawockeez was fun, but Flash-Mob dancing at the Americana came off as boring to me. Ben stepped up and told Ashley that he wants to live in a bubble and be in love. Since Ashley wants the same she gave him the date rose. Nice work bud.

The Group Date at The Comedy Store– before the group date could even get started, Jeff “the mask” pulled Ashley aside and finally took that mask off. She didn’t seem impressed or interested. I loved seeing Jeffery Ross roll up and make fun of the guys! That guy has jokes.

The comedy date was a great idea in theory. But from a date standpoint? What kind of an IDIOT would talk smack on the girl he’s trying to date? Really, guys? Lucas was up first and didn’t really say anything special. Then there was Ryan P. , who only heard crickets. Jeff “the unmasked man” got up there and opened Pandora’s box by saying she has a small chest!

William had the balls to say he thought the Bachelorette was going to be Emily or Chantal and then he got out of the limo and saw Ashley! WOW, did you even think that out at all before you said anything? There is only one way for that to go over and it’s just BAD in every direction.

But apparently your apology was good enough because you got the very last rose of the night. Go figure.

Michelle Money hit the nail on the head when she called Ashley to warn her about Bentley, the grade A+ womanizer! Bentley starts off bragging that he got one over on all the guys and tells them he’s headed home, then proceeds to stop by Ashley’s house to tell her the news. He then used his daughter as his crutch! In my opinion Bentley: YOU’RE A DIRTBAG. Bentley actually had the balls to say, “I hate it when girls cry, it’s not attractive” Does this guy think he’s god’s gift to women or something?

As for JP’s one-on-one date: there is no place like home! JP goes to Ashley’s house knowing she’s stressed out and overwhelmed. In my book he PLAYED HIS CARDS WELL! JP starts off by making a toast to a mellow, relaxing evening at home and then proceeds to sit and talk with her for hours on end, which I’m sure is exactly what she wanted to do. I think this was the best, most down-to-earth date of the season! Ashley even went on to say JP is the best kisser! Nice work on the kissing and the rose!

Onto the rose ceremony…Chris Harrison sits down with Ashley and asks her how she’s doing. She tells him she’s super bummed that Bentley left and wonders if her husband could still be there. Chris explains that any real man would have moved heaven and earth to stay here with you and that he’s pretty sure her husband could still be out there! Well said, Chris! Ashley tells Chris she doesn’t need a Cocktail party and is ready for the rose ceremony!

1.Ben C
10. Ames
11. Lucas
12. William

Bentley – Went Home
Chris D – Went Home
Jeff M – Went Home

Next week- Get ready for Thailand, where the smack talking is sure to go up a few notches!

1. Talented writer! Keep it up! ps tell your wife that she is GORGEOUS for me. Thanks!

Comment by Othelia — June 7, 2011 @ 9:51 pm

2. OMG do the producers and staff of this show have any scruples! I can bet they were salivating at the buzz this would cause among fans and viewers and resultant ratings! Ashley deserves a martyrs medal for being fed to the fans appetite with this knowing bad boy’s actions. thanks for your insight….I’m sure you know more than you’re telling! But, do tell.

Comment by Lizzy K — June 8, 2011 @ 12:16 am

3. Ashley should not have had a ROAST if she can’t take the heat. I think she got a taste of her own sense of humer, like flipping a coin to see if Mickey gets a rose, and joking with William on his date about giving him a rose. She made so much of a fuss over Bentley too I wouldn’t blame any of them if they didn’t fall in love with her.

Comment by Natalie — June 8, 2011 @ 2:41 am

4. Nice blog Jesse. Love your insight! I loved how Bentley turn tail and ran after Ashley told him about Michele’s warning and he didn’t get the group date rose. He realized then he didn’t have the control he thought he had and was being played and not the other way around so he packed up and went home.

Comment by Jasmine — June 8, 2011 @ 3:38 am

5. Ashley should not have had a ROAST if she can’t take the heat. I think she got a taste of her own sense of humer, like flipping a coin to see if Mickey gets a rose on his date, and joking with William on his date if he gets a rose. She also made too much of a fuss over Bentley, I wouldn’t blame any of them if they didn’t fall in love with her.

Comment by natalie — June 8, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

6. William looks and acts like he’s still in high school, and Bentley looks and acts like a lumberjack, which is a good thing because that’s about all he’s going to be doing after this train wreck.

Comment by Frank — June 9, 2011 @ 4:49 am

7. I think it is horrible what the producers do to people on this show. Come on, a roast? Poor Ashley will never be able to forget some of the awful things that were said about her and then to allow Bently to humiliate her on national television. I think this was in very poor taste. Yes it is a reality show, but with some creativity and class you could entertain people without sinking to this low.

Comment by Cheryl — June 9, 2011 @ 8:14 am

8. Great blog, fun read…to the point!

Comment by Michael — June 9, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

9. Not a fan of Ashley. Really not a fan of the manipulation the Bachelorette franchise obviously encourages… BENTLEY is a D.O.G. I do however love reading your blog. You’re witty and real. Keep it up. Great job!

Comment by Rachel — June 9, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

10. I don’t agree with some of the comments saying Ashley shouldn’t have agreed to a roast if you couldn’t take the heat. Well first, I feeling she didn’t have a choice. Second, roasting someone you are trying to win their affections is a sticky situation. Some of the guys were very tactful and William, was mean. He was thinking of himself and the future he may have in comedy…which isn’t looking to good, based on that. Makes you wonder if he’s there for the right reasons…

Comment by Robin Legare — June 9, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

11. The show has gone from bad to worse with some of the ideas they come up with. All these people need to be paid if they have to go thru some of this distasteful ideas the producers are coming up with. There needs to be some fresh ideas. Saw Beatdown this week again – loved it. Kovacs, David and Wes really bring alot of laughs to the show. It was great seeing Trista on as well. I hope you keep doing it.

Comment by Jodie — June 10, 2011 @ 12:18 am

12. Not nice what they have put Ashley thru whether it was planned or not. What person would agree to such non-sense. The roast was a poor idea. Saw Bentley’s ex-wife on a talk show and she even seemed amazed at what she saw. Not believing much of this make believe show anymore.

Comment by TA — June 10, 2011 @ 12:25 am

13. Unbelievable drama.

Comment by Toni — June 10, 2011 @ 12:26 am

14. great blog Jesse ! Keep it coming, enjoy reading your thoughts on the show !

Comment by annemarie thomas — June 10, 2011 @ 1:27 am

15. I think Ashley knew the script and she is a great actress cause her crying scene was believable. I’m not buying that she was taken by surprise with Bentley. What she supposedly saw in him ???? I don’t think he’s a great catch. It’s all for the cameras and to keep everyone watching but sorta a boring season.

Comment by Kellie Ann — June 10, 2011 @ 1:55 am

16. Ashley is such a great girl. She didn’t deserve what happened with Bentley. He’s such a chauvinistic pig that deserves to be ridiculed by the entire US. She’s gorgeous and intelligent and she really put her all into trying to open herself up to all the guys. He took her heart, threw it in the dirt and stomped on it like she was nothing more than a piece of trash. And for that I personally HATE his guts. Ashley, hun, you deserve a lot better than him. I feel your pain and I sympathize. But don’t let him or anyone else tear you down. You’re phenomenal.

Comment by Ashleigh J — June 11, 2011 @ 4:27 am

17. I just don’t know about this season. Is it just me or does the integrity of this show seem to be going down the tubes? The roast, creeps like Bently. . . JP seems legit. Great job on the blog Jesse. Looking forward to the next Beatdown.

Comment by AM — June 11, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

18. Nice work commenting on the show! Few guys can “think on their feet” and having a quick grasp of things…must come from Jesse’s athlete background – ABC should really have him back on TV…maybe hosting or as a commentator…

Comment by Thomas — June 11, 2011 @ 8:24 pm

19. When reading Chris H’s blog on the first episode, in reference to Ashley’s reaction when she saw Bentley, Chris said that he turned to the producers and said, “we’re in trouble.” The girl was obviously very attracted to Bentley, at first sight, and she let her emotions get the best of her. I suppose that if I had never heard him speak, I would think that Bentley is somewhat attractive. His personality kills all that, however. I hope things improve from here, and I do hope she finds love. Okay, I’m a romantic!

Comment by DebraD — June 13, 2011 @ 2:44 am

20. When I watched the show I noticed when Ashley hugged Bentley you could hear her heart beating. You know it was Ashley’s heart because it was obvious that the Dirtbag Bentley doesn’t have one.
    I keep wishing Chris would step up and tell Ashley the truth about Bentley
    When I heard the comments from Bentley I kept thinking of that book “He’s just not into you”. How many times have you heard someone speak his thoughts like that? Momma always said…”If you don’t have anything nice to say-Don’t say anything at all.”

Comment by Karin — June 14, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

21. Ashley does not deserve the time of the remaining men. Whining over Brently wasted their time they should have ALL declined the roses and left her standing there ALONE…

Comment by lez — June 21, 2011 @ 12:20 am

22. watching tonight’s bachelor is so disappointing, ashley mentioned the name bentley MILLION TIMES. c’mon that’s not fair to the guys, does she even realize it? she’s so boring

Comment by dyne — June 21, 2011 @ 3:56 am