Jesse’s Insider Bachelorette Blog: Ep. 4

Here we are back again for week 4 of ABC’s the Bachelorette season 7 with Ashley Hebert. As usual I am here with my INSIDER OPINIONS about what I saw on last night’s show. My opinions are simply based on my experiences on the show and my thoughts on the characters. With that being said, here we go!

Let’s start off with the Bachelorette herself: I personally think Ashley is a down to earth girl and in my opinion she is the total package. She’s outgoing, fun, athletic, smart and seems very honest. Personally, I like that. I can see why she was picked to be The Bachelorette.

Ashley says in order to find love she has to be open, let go and have fun, and I couldn’t agree with her more. I almost feel like when you’re not looking for love it plops right in your lap. I finally think Ashley realizes now that she misspoke when she said that she loved Bentley. She seems to really be trying to focus on the other guys, which is nice to finally see. She even said now that Bentley is gone she is starting to see a lot of things in the other guys that she wouldn’t have seen if he was still around. Hopeless Ashley is hopeful again!

Onto the one-on-one date: Constantine, in my opinion, got the SHAFT on the date side of things. He was supposed to go on an exotic date but ended up in the tourist trap shops in the city. However, he was a good sport and just focused on Ashley and getting to know her! While they were in the city a man who had been married for 35 years told them that it is important to forgive and forget and that love is not a contest — it’s not about winning or losing. Ashley even said she loved that Constantine just went with the flow, and that’s important to her. They really did make the best out of the rainy day! After a long day in the city they end up having dinner in a beach cabana and some really deep conversation. In the end, Constantine got the rose.

Onto the group date: This was cool to see, Ashley and the boys refurbished a children’s orphanage, which in my opinion was SUPER RAD! While they were there Ben F. started to paint a mural on the wall, which caught Ashley’s attention. He later said he did it to set himself apart from the other guys (SMART). After a long day of work at the orphanage they head to the cocktail party and that’s when the man claws come out. All of a sudden Ryan becomes the center of all the hatred. All the guys say if Ryan gets the date rose they will question what Ashley is thinking. JP even says guys could possibly leave. JP pulls Ashley aside for a quick chat and gives her a kiss. Ashley then says that JP is definitely the best kisser there. After her kiss she goes back and hands the date rose to Ben F. and he is pumped.

Finally the one-on-one with Ames: In my opinion this guy is just shy of being a rocket scientist. I think it shows by the way he talks and holds himself around the other guys and Ashley. Remember, at the comedy date someone said he had a huge forehead. That’s probably to fit his HUGE BRAIN. He told Ashley that he had traveled to over 70 countries including Thailand for cooking school, which tells me that he probably comes from money too! Ashley seems to really enjoy her date with Ames and she even goes on to say “I could see Ames as a Husband.” BIG WORDS! If you ask me I think Ames is going to be in the final 4 right along side of JP.

The Cocktail Party: Ashley and West sit and have a chat and Ashley tells West that she doesn’t want to feel like she has to fill his ex-wife’s shoes. West explains that’s not how it would be but doesn’t seem to come up with any good follow-up content to back up his reasoning. Once again all the guys start to talk about how annoying Ryan is. They say that he just doesn’t gel with the rest of the guys and that he isn’t genuine and that his zest for life is just too much to deal with! Blake pulls Ryan off to the side and tells him he’s just annoying everyone with his INTENSITY!

Onto the rose ceremony: Ashley has a quick chat with Chris Harrison just prior to the rose ceremony and tells him she wants to add a rose to the ceremony and only send one guy packing. For the first time in Bachelorette history Chris walks into the rose room and adds a rose!

1.     Ames

2.     Ben F.

3.     Constantine

4.     Lucas

5.     Ryan P.

6.     JP

7.     Nick

8.     Mickey

9.     Blake

10.   William

11.  Ben C.

Next week: Chang Mai – Elephants, Kick Boxing, and Ambulances!

1. Spot on! Great recap!

Comment by Tom — June 14, 2011 @ 10:43 pm

2. I thought Ames was adorable but that Constantine was boring. I agree with you Jesse about JP being a front runner.

Comment by ADoing — June 14, 2011 @ 10:57 pm

3. is this a re-cap for people who didn’t get what they were watching??? why don’t you tell us something we didn’t see…

Comment by m brown — June 14, 2011 @ 11:00 pm

4. My favorite bachelor is Ryan. I don’t understand why everyone picks on him for being his cheerful self! I think that Ashley sees that he is sincere and will look past the fact that he does not get along with some of the other bachelors!

Comment by Caroline — June 14, 2011 @ 11:50 pm

5. I always enjoy reading your blog after watching the show.

Comment by Toni — June 15, 2011 @ 12:03 am

6. Love this blog!

Comment by Alex — June 15, 2011 @ 12:26 am

7. dont always get to watch the whole show…so I love and look forward to reading Jesse’s recap and his opinions ! From what I seen JP is indeed the front runner ! Keep up the good work Jesse

Comment by annemarie thomas — June 15, 2011 @ 1:35 am

8. Why would they allow Bentley to come back? Seems like they have someone come back on every show. They need some new ideas.

Comment by Jodie — June 15, 2011 @ 1:47 am

9. Ashley seems like a sweet girl but I don’t think she has much to pick from, only a couple good guys. At least Bentley is gone and now I hear he’s coming back.

Comment by TA — June 15, 2011 @ 1:58 am

10. I hope Ashley finds true love even if it’s on this TV show. Strange way of finding love but it has worked for a few of you. I hope you have Trista on Beatdown again.

Comment by Jean — June 15, 2011 @ 2:01 am

11. I read your blogs and watch your Beatdown live. All of you on Beatdown say that the show is mostly produced. Is there anything real about it? Just like the soaps – not so real but everybody loves watching them. Any chance of your wife, Ann being on Beatdown?

Comment by Kellie Ann — June 15, 2011 @ 9:09 am

12. Always fun to check in and see your thoughts, Jesse! Its interesting how I watch the show in a different light after reading so many of your insider comments…keep up the good work!

Comment by Deena — June 15, 2011 @ 3:54 pm

13. Great blog. What about the end of the episode when they show that dot…dot…dot.. douche bag returning?
    Ames is at the top of my list! He is the full package.

Comment by Anna — June 15, 2011 @ 4:23 pm

14. I’m pulling for Ames and JP!

Comment by Theresa — June 15, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

15. Disappointed she’s still upset over Bentley. Tired of hearing his name. She didn’t even have a one-on-one date with him.

Bad choice to pick her for the Bachelorette. Maybe her and Bentley will run off together and we could get on with another season.

Comment by Krissy — June 15, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

16. OK so the best part of this season for me is the childrens orphanage project! To me this is a more positive direction for this show than all the drama. It’s also such a great way to get to know someone. As always, your blog rocks!

Comment by Angela — June 15, 2011 @ 7:55 pm

17. I watched your Beatdown just now and I find it interesting to hear Wes talk about how he was edited and how it bothered him to the point of dropping 20 pounds and not wanting to go out of his house. I loved when Wes said, “People who take this show seriously need their head examined.” Beatdown is great because we are hearing the other side of the story. I find Wes a down to earth person and not the person he was edited into. Makes you wonder how many more were done that way, too.

Comment by Darlene — June 15, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

18. Don’t watch the bachelor or bachelorette shows anymore. I have been listening to your Beatdown on RTV and I must say it is most interesting. Look forward to it each week.

Comment by Larry — June 16, 2011 @ 9:29 pm

19. I enjoy reading your blog more so than others because you have gone thru this.

I wonder if Brad and Emily are still together. ABC isn’t saying if they are or not.

Comment by Maddy — June 17, 2011 @ 1:06 am

20. Ashley needs to move on and forget about Bentley bcause i’m tired hearing his name all the time.she needs to focus her attention with the remaining guys and give them a chance. Bentley is gone quit mentioning his name. Ryan P. and William they are both very sweet, good looking and very successful. I wish Ashley will see that Bentley is not worth loving for. He humiliated her,very rude to her, disrespectful to her. She don’t deserved to be treated that way.

Comment by dyne — June 17, 2011 @ 5:28 pm

21. i’ve read an article that brad and emily are no longer together, emily already returned their engagement ring to ABC.

Comment by dyne — June 18, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

22. Great recap Jesse!

Comment by Jasmine — June 18, 2011 @ 4:01 pm

23. You had a good recap of the show. I am not familiar with past seasons, but I like that you are an alumni. I’ve participated in other blogs, and really was blown away by the comments of people who were pretty much as uniformed as I’ve ever seen. Your recap was straight forward and without the barbs against the contestants and Ashley. I appreciate that.

Comment by Nancy — June 19, 2011 @ 6:59 am