Jesse’s Insider Bachelorette Blog: Ep. 5

Here we are back again for week 5 of ABC’s The Bachelorette season 7 with Ashley Hebert. As usual I am here with my behind the scenes opinions about what I saw on last night’s show. My opinions are simply based on my experiences on the show and my thoughts on the characters from last night’s show. With that being said, here we go!

We begin week 5 in the ancient city of Chiang Mai, Thailand with the one-on-one date with Ben F. & Ashley. Ashley says she wants to take the guys on real life dates so she takes Ben to the market. Ben says he feels like he is on vacation with his girlfriend.

Later that day Ben & Ashley are near the ruins but apparently Chiang Mai beliefs say you can’t kiss at the ruins. Ben decides to follow the tradition, which is CRAZY considering you’re on a TV show trying to fall in love and you’re not from Thailand. In my opinion you don’t have to follow their traditions. Kiss the girl for god sakes!

Then, after a great day Ben decides to get real deep and talk about how he’s been an emotional zombie for 4 years since his dad passed? A little deep for me but apparently Ashley liked it because he got the rose!

Onto the group date: Constantine, Ames, Nick, Blake, Lucas, Ryan, JP & Mickey get thrown in the ring because love is worth fighting for. Muay Thai fighting – this date was my favorite thus far! Okay, I took Kempo karate for 11 years so this date hit home for me. By no means do I think fighting is the answer to everything. Most girls even think fighting is a turn off, including my wife. However, if you are ever in a situation where you need to defend yourself, or in this case your girl, then it’s good to know that you’re capable of doing it!

Ames has never been in a fight in his life? Ames you paid all that money for school at Harvard & Yale and you didn’t take a self-defense class? The last time I checked catching an ass kicking is part of growing up!

I don’t think any of these guys have ever been in a real fight. Why was everyone freaking out when they saw a Muay Thai fighter get knocked out? THEY ARE FIGHTERS, THAT’S WHAT HAPPENS! Mickey, you should be ashamed of yourself bud, we are from Cleveland! Fistfights are a part of living in that city.

The first fight was Blake vs. Lucas and from what I saw Blake did a pretty good job and he ended up winning.

The second fight was Mickey vs. JP and JP was the smaller guy yet still won! Mickey, I know some good Karate studios in Cleveland maybe you can trade some of my boys for cooking lessons?

The third fight was Ames vs. Ryan P. and of course Ryan won. Ames ends up with a concussion and gets sent to the hospital to get a cat scan on his dome. Ames buddy, you need to hire a self-defense instructor instead of taking lessons on your 15th language!

The last fight was Nick vs. Constantine AKA the BIG BOYS. Constantine won, which pretty much sealed the deal for sending Nick home because we really didn’t hear another peep outta Nick until his exit speech.

When the cocktail party starts Ames is still at the hospital so he’s naturally the talk of the evening at first. Finally he shows up and everyone sees that he’s okay. Then, after all the fighting and a super eventful day Ashley sits down and gives Blake the group date rose.

Onto the 2-on-1 date: Ben C. & William guide me to love. William starts out the date talking tons of crap on Ben C., making huge claims that Ben C is there for the wrong reasons and that he’s ready to go home and hit the online dating sites. What blows me away is that Ashley believes every word that William tells her and immediately sends Ben C. home!

Did I miss something here? Michelle Money told Ashley before the show even started that BENTLEY was a huge jerk and she disregards it and decides to just do what she wants. Then, when William starts making claims on Ben C. she just decides to send him home no questions asked? Maybe we should have had William write Ashley a letter saying Bentley is trouble then maybe she would have listened?

I am not going to lie  – I’ve had my questions about William. I don’t know him but because he is an OHIO boy I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this guy honestly reminds me of a 18 year old kid from my high school. I was glad Ashley sent him home on this date as well: IT WAS TIME! The exit speech was the most depressing one yet. Pull yourself together!

Onto the cocktail party: Ashley sits down with Chris Harrison and long story short, says “I miss Bentley and I just need to ask him a few questions.” Without saying it, Harrison basically says get through tonight and I will get you a chat with Bentley! Ashley then says, I know people are going to think I am crazy for wanting to talk to Bentley but I just have to. Honestly, I get that she needs closure and I don’t think its crazy. The thing I find a bit nutty is that she would take William’s word straight away but doesn’t take the time to listen to her girl Michelle Money! Please feel free to enlighten me!

Onto the rose ceremony:

1. Ben F

2. Blake

3. Constantine

4. Lucas

5. JP

6. Ames

7. Mickey

8. Ryan P

Ben C, William & Nick all went home

Next week, you guessed it, Bentley in Hong Kong and all the guys start to second-guess Ashley. YAY more drama!

1. so last season, i loved how you’d take the contestants who didn’t get roses and you paired them up with previous bach contestants! start it again jesse!

Comment by Elena — June 21, 2011 @ 5:54 pm

2. OMG I felt so bad for her. She is doing a horrible job being the Bachelorette I wish I could be in her place I would kick Bentley out in the first night. Come on she has such amazing guys there, is she blind? :(

Ben F is so amazing! Send him home straight to my house :)

Thanks

Carol

Comment by Carolina — June 21, 2011 @ 5:56 pm

3. I promise to match people up but probably not until the Bachelor Pad Airs in August

Comment by Jesse Csincsak — June 21, 2011 @ 6:14 pm

4. I agree Jesse, Ben should have kissed Ashley at the ruin site. I think she wanted him to buck the rules in that moment. I too couldn’t understand why she took William’s word so quickly and didn’t really give Ben C. a chance. Count mine as another vote for bringing back the pairing up of eliminated contestants. Why not, there are more success stories among them than directly from the show.

Comment by Anne — June 21, 2011 @ 6:29 pm

5. This blog gets to the point!

Comment by MJ — June 21, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

6. Sooo tired of hearing about Bently, it’s actually starting to spoil the show. What are the odds that she would fall soo hard for the one guy she was warned about. I’m starting to wonder if it’s staged for ratings. I mean seriously, they only hung out for a couple of weeks and she’s going on like they had a year long loving relationship and then he dumped her. It’s really not fair to the guys that are there for her. If she doesn’t stop soon, she will sabatoge her chance at love and she’ll only have herself to blame!
    Get over it and focus on the ones that really do care for you.

Comment by Tammy — June 21, 2011 @ 8:07 pm

7. Yes,I agree, I like when you pair up couples. This has been a boring season of the Bachelorette but your Beatdown is the best yet of all your ideas. Not excited about the Bachelor Pad 2 -

Comment by Maddy — June 21, 2011 @ 8:15 pm

8. Jesse, I SO agree with you about Ashley believing William’s “story” about Ben without question! I immediately felt a red flag in my head when William was telling Ashley about Ben. I don’t have respect for people that do that – win Ashley’s heart on your own merits instead of throwing someone under the bus like that. I also didn’t believe a word of William’s departure speech, it felt so insincere! I don’t think he had any real feelings for Ashley at all. I hope next week Bentley gets sent home with his tail between his legs – what a jerk!

Comment by Suebee — June 21, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

9. Jesse, great blog ! I also agree she didnt give Ben C a chance….your match up’s of past contestants have my vote ! Your blogs ect.. are more exciting than this show ! Keep it up, enjoy the reading !

Comment by annemarie thomas — June 21, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

10. Not an interesting season. Can’t say I’ve watched much of it. I can catch up just by reading your blog and listening to your new Beatdown which I enjoy alot.

Comment by TA — June 21, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

11. Can’t take much more of this season. Doesn’t hold ones interest. So tired of the Bentley deal. I agree she is not mature enough to be the bachelorette. Hopefully she has learned alot but then again who knows how much of it is produced and not real.

Comment by Jodie — June 21, 2011 @ 9:36 pm

12. P.S. My picks for Ashley right now are Ben F and JP! I don’t think Constantine is right for her.

Comment by Suebee — June 21, 2011 @ 9:38 pm

13. i agree with carolina ashley is horrible, she’s not a good bachelorette, she’s so boring sorry, i used to enjoy watching bachelorette/bachelor/bachelor pad but this season very boring

Comment by grace — June 21, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

14. Regardless of her acceptance of Michelle’s warning, it has passed the point that Chris and ABC should tell Ash of Bentley’s ITM’s. I know it is for ratings they keep it going, but they are playing with her well being in order to achieve these ratings. He chose to leave, and there is no longer a need to support the privacy the guys deserve. ABC is merely playing for viewership next week when they bring him back. And yes they bring him back, he did not spend his dime to make the trip.

Comment by Jim — June 21, 2011 @ 9:51 pm

15. I am just tired of Bentley period

Comment by Mandy Robinson — June 22, 2011 @ 1:15 am

16. I can’t believe Ashley took William’s word when she didn’t take Michelle’s word. I just don’t get it. She didn’t give Ben C. a chance!

William acted like an 18 year old. Ben F. is pretty cool. Ames is growing on me more each week.

I’m not a big believer in closure, but if it will help her move on and give the other guys the attention they deserve, then that’s fine.

I think Ashley could benefit from Brad’s therapist. She has a lot of insecurities that I think she needs to deal with before she makes a commitment to anyone… I’m not sure she can fully commit to anyone until her insecurities are dealt with.

Comment by Kait — June 22, 2011 @ 1:23 am

17. If a Bachelor brought back a contestant he would never hear the end of it. i don’t think it’s for ratings, you could see Chris Harrison was irritated by it. Ashley is ruining her chances with the other guys. I don’t think she’s going to pick anyone.

Comment by Natalie — June 22, 2011 @ 3:11 am

18. thanks, once again, Jesse for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to next weeks comments.

Comment by Deena — June 22, 2011 @ 4:59 am

19. O.K. here I go. Jimmy Kimmel follows this show and I love Jimmy. I do not watch him through the ABC web page I want to make that clear. He did a clip with Ashley saying the name Bentley and I was really bowled over when I heard how many times she did say Bentley. I read the spoilers and saw who they say she is with now and I think maybe because this guy came on super strong for her right from the beginning and he was persistent to get her to turn her head finally from Bentley. Don’t you know she must feel like an idiot right about now even though it did turn out different in the end? If she is sitting with that guy right now, I wonder what he is thinking when she goes out with this Spoiler guy and continues to talk about Bentley after she’s with the other guy. He must care a hell of a lot for her to honestly still be with her when he’s watching his woman make a big fool of herself. Come on!! If anyone had warned me, I would have sent him home the first night and WOULD not have fallen for him with all the warning bells going off. He’s not THAT good looking!! No wonder she has not found love before this. Her radar is super screwed up. Sorry Ashley but girl you walked right into this!!

Comment by Johnelle — June 22, 2011 @ 6:07 pm

20. Sometimes we just don’t get closure…sometimes people just don’t click.

Comment by Sunny — June 22, 2011 @ 9:06 pm

21. Some funny stuff Jesse! Good recap. On another note I think the editing is screwy this season because so far I see F1 vs. Bentley script where the editors are playing up the Bentley drama way too much. I suspect it is because there wasn’t too much to show with most of the guys except with Ashley’s F1. I know this is not the ordinary way the story is told and the writers like to hide the F1 but this season may be different. We shall see.

Comment by Jasmine — June 22, 2011 @ 9:18 pm

22. Last night’s Beatdown was the best yet. Keep them coming. Will you be doing something on bachelor Pad 2 like Beatdown? Well done.

Comment by Danielle — June 22, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

23. The producers of this show are dumber than a box of rocks. Don’t they realize they dragged this Bentley $hit on way too long. Ok, we had Frank last season with Ali, but it didn’t ruin the show and drag on and on and on. And Frank really did love his g/f back home, and is still with her and he never badmouthed Ali. Bentley is such a douchebag, it’s such a turnoff and very unpleasant. The show is a downer. Ali’s season was so much fun to watch, this show is really sad. They are losing viewers in droves. It’s mind blowing they don’t see it. Next week should be 5 minutes total of anything to do with Bentley..put the period on the f’ing dot.dot.do and get him the hell off my TV. And I thought Mike Fleiss was brilliant, not after this season, he’s dumbass.

Comment by Truth — June 22, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

24. Totally agree! I don’t know *why* she listened to William and not Michelle! You said exactly what I was thinking. Either there is editing magic, or Ashley’s head is spinning out of control.

Comment by Carolyn — June 22, 2011 @ 10:06 pm

25. http://realitycheck-jenna.blogspot.com/2011/06/bachelorette-ep5.html

Comment by Jenna — June 23, 2011 @ 1:13 am

26. WHY did they cast Ashley this Season??? After she BEGGED Brad not to send her home on live television…….did that NOT give you a hint to how insecure this Girl is???

PLEASE…….help us b/c this is absolutely the worst season ever and all my Gal Pals at work refuse to finish watching the season. There are so many great guys and Ashley is hung up on someone she knew for a few weeks…..who by the way, she was warned about!!!!!

Seriously, you all need to do a MUCH better job of casting, b/c there were RED FLAGS surrounding Ashley from last season with Brad!!!

Plus…….she keeps saying she is a “dentist”…….she is a Dental Student…….which is a BIG DIFFERENCE!

You all are losing a LOT of Fans with this insecure…”aren’t I so cute???”…..DENTAL STUDENT!!!!!!!

Comment by JC — June 23, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

27. Thanks for telling it like it is Jesse….! You’re observations are right on about the guys…and about Ashley. I think her insecurities are skewing her ability to make good decisions about certain guys. Specifically Bentley….Girl…get over it….he’s sooooooooo not worth it…..didn’t like him from the start.
    My observations on the guys: I really liked Nick, too bad he’s gone. I like Blake & Mickey, they seem like decent guys, mature & well grounded. Ben F is growing on me too.

Comment by Mary-Ann — June 24, 2011 @ 7:56 pm

28. Ashley took Williams’s word for it because she wanted to get rid of Ben C. An easy out – that’s all.

Comment by Val — June 25, 2011 @ 3:02 am

29. I think what threw Ashley off with Bentley was that he comforted her (however fake it might have been) after William made such horrible jokes about her at the roast. I think that is when she “fell for” Bentley (too bad she didn’t know that he said he was thinking the same thing, wishing she was Emily but that he would never be stupid enough to say it like William did). Either way, she does need to get over him to move on..and really, that’s what I thought too..how can you need CLOSURE over someone you’ve only known a couple weeks..it’s all because of the dot dot dot…I’ll give him that much..the guy is smooth…lol

Comment by Brenda — June 25, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

30. Jesse…why didn’t the production crew show Ashley Bentley’s interviews? I feel like they should have let her see what was really going on!! It seems to me like The Bachelorette played games with her for the sake of ratings?! Please feel free to enlighten me! ;)

Comment by Devon — June 25, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

31. ashley seems like she don’t know how to communicate with the guys, all she think/talk is bentley i’m so tired hearing about him. i also noticed that chris harrison is irritated about this bentley thing. she’s a bad pick to be in the bachelor. bentley IS NOT even interested to her she need to grow up.

Comment by grace — June 26, 2011 @ 5:57 pm

32. In all this I have been wondering what she really thinks after sitting and watching all these tapings now that it’s over and seeing everything that Bently has said! What a shame she is wasting her time on him!! I didn’t like Michelle Money much but damn, she was her friend trying to give Ashly good advice!!! She should have listened!!!

Comment by Michelle — June 27, 2011 @ 3:28 am