Jesse’s Insider Bachelorette Blog: Ep. 6

Here we are back again for week 6 of ABC’s the Bachelorette season 7 with Ashley Hebert. As usual I am here with my behind the scenes opinions about what I saw on last night’s show. My opinions are simply based on my experiences on the show and my thoughts on the characters from last night’s show.

With that being said, here we go!

This week’s episode of the show was very interesting for me to watch. It was filled with a ton of awkward pauses and dramatic over- reactions.

The show starts off with Chris Harrison coming to Ashley’s room to tell her that she will get closure this week with Bentley “because he’s here in the building.” Ashley dramatically says, “SHUT UP!” Then after numerous awkward pauses and talking to herself for about 30 seconds, she heads upstairs to his room to chat.

Once Ashley arrives at Bentley’s door, there is another awkward pause before she knocks at his door. This is when things get interesting! THEY KISS… not sure why?

Then they sit down and start to talk IN COMPLETE CIRCLES! Bentley is like: well I flew here to see you and put on my shirt and YOU UNDERSTAND WHERE I AM COMING FROM, RIGHT? He says absolutely nothing at all that makes any sense to her, just like when he left the show the first time. Okay, so I think this guy is used to just talking to girls until they are confused enough to do what he wants. Bentley should have his own show in Las Vegas because he seems to be like a ventriloquist talking without using any words at all!

After a mini episode of The Hills, complete with drama and lingering awkward stares, Ashley finally gets it through her head that Bentley is a GRADE A DIRTBAG who uses women and that she should have listened to Michelle Money in the first place!

Ok, enough with Bentley — onto the other dates:

Group Date with Dragon Boat Racing:

This was pretty funny to watch teams recruiting people to help them paddle. It was funny watching people look at them like they were crazy.

Is it wrong that every time Ames talks now I picture him getting punched in the face? At least Ames and Mickey won the boat race. Well done fellas!

This group date was a big one for Ames! He won the boat race then proceeded to pull Ashley away at the cocktail party and give her the kiss of a lifetime; I was blown away when I saw this. It just wasn’t enough because Ryan then pulls Ashley away and she gives him the group date rose!

1-on-1 with Lucas:
Lucas says after walking through downtown Hong Kong with Ashley that it feels like they have been dating for a while. He proceeds to have a serious chat with her about life and it obviously it all worked out for him because HE GOT THE ROSE!

1-on-1 with JP:
This date was a bit weird to me. First off, it was strictly an evening date? When is the last time we have ever seen that happen? Secondly, Ashley tells JP about every bit of her past with Bentley including how she felt and why she was so bummed when he left. I can understand why she did it but it was totally unneeded in my opinion. JP was a good sport about the whole thing and thanked her for her honesty!

Onto the Cocktail Party:

Ashley tells all the guys about the Bentley stuff and most are PISSED! Blake, Mickey, Lucas, Constantine show their feelings the most! Blake calls her out and is honest with her about his feelings and that’s why I think he got sent home. Mickey impressed me like a true OHIO BOY and pulled Ashley off to the side and said SEND ME HOME! Ashley told him he could just leave if he wanted so HE DID! MICKEY, I GOT NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR YOU MY MAN! I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME IF I WERE IN YOUR SHOES!

Onto the Rose Ceremony:
1. Lucas
2. Ryan
3. JP
4. Ben F
5. Constantine
6. Ames

Mickey & Blake Went home!

Next week & This Season – More of Asia then onto the Exotic Dates in FIJI and does someone else come back? Could it be Mickey? Only time will tell!

1. This show is a total diaster to me its such a JOKE !!

Comment by linda — June 28, 2011 @ 6:14 pm

2. Hm so you are saying if doesn’t pay to be real or honest. JP’s reaction was spot on for the rest…more should have gone home. They wan tan honest go at it but when the honesty goes down they can’t handle it…got it wrong this time Jesse.

Comment by Judy Long — June 28, 2011 @ 6:22 pm

3. I liked your blog better when you told “your” story instead of repeating what we watched. I want to hear more about your thoughts and opinions and your experiences since I really like the way you tell it like it is. Thanks Jesse.

Comment by Lorraine — June 28, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

4. Jesse- your blog is so different now- I used to love the inside stuff- telling us how long things really took, what was going on behind the scenese etc. Now you basically sum up the show?? We already saw that- you are telling us what we already know.

Comment by Lucy Bullets — June 28, 2011 @ 6:27 pm

5. So true – cool read each week.

Comment by MJ — June 28, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

6. I agree with you 100%, Jesse. I know you will take care of the Ohio guy, Mickey. I understood where he was coming from and am so glad he left. Hopefully, Ashley will pull herself together and find happiness. You’re right! She should have listened to her friend about the creep.

Comment by Mimi — June 28, 2011 @ 7:12 pm

7. doesn’t the entire Bentley thing seem stages? from the start? it does to me. I think Ashley is really a good actress about some things but not all. She is a very very pretty & talented woman but lacks self esteem & also is highly sensitive & emotional which sways her towards all feelings with no logic or rationale at times then later seems to play victim. I will be interested to see where she lands.
    I dont blame Mickey for leaving so would I. If that is the kind of man she truly wants..& he is far from it..of course leave its an insult & would be to a female as well..imagine if you were a whole female & a guy tells you that he was falling for the absolute b*tch / manipulator of the group the one who plays men like fools…& he tells you how he was so deep into her while he was making believe he cared about you..id say ..im outta here too…
    I do like Ashley but shes got alot of emotional issues & I imagine this whole thing can be beneficial to her progress of discovering herself. but as for the men? will anyone work w/ her? somehow I am having serious doubts already & i dont know who she picked??? we shall see. I wish them all the best for trying.

Comment by Claire — June 28, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

8. http://realitycheck-jenna.blogspot.com/2011/06/bachelorette-ep6.html

Comment by Jenna — June 28, 2011 @ 7:54 pm

9. To all the Comments on here wanting me to post the INSIDE SECRETS OF PRODUCTION… Tune into the BACHELORETTE BEATDOWN at 6pm PST to get the Dirt !!!

Comment by Jesse Csincsak — June 28, 2011 @ 8:09 pm

10. I too like the blog better when there are more personal insights Jesse. Anyone can give us a rehash, but we look for your take on it all.

Comment by Anne — June 28, 2011 @ 8:40 pm

11. Not sure why she kissed Bentley either! Great blog Jesse!

Comment by Mandy Robinson — June 28, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

12. So many negative comments about this season. Not sure where this show went wrong, I just know I have trouble watching it and being really into it like when you were on it. I enjoy your blog and have enjoyed hearing the things you don’t know unless you have been thru it. I have to say, I read your insider blog but I absolutely love your Beatdown show above all. Last week’s Beatdown was over the top – meaning great!!!

Comment by Danielle — June 28, 2011 @ 9:09 pm

13. I’m not sure anyone has figured out how to follow this season. Very confusing and uninteresting. I actually turned the channel last night.

Comment by TA — June 28, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

14. I feel bad for her as I think producers didn’t do their homework when they picked her. She is too young and insecure and I’m afraid she won’t be able to handle what the media throws at her once this show is over. I hope she at least walks away with one of the good guys.

Comment by jodie — June 28, 2011 @ 9:13 pm

15. This is the WORST one ever! I can totally be watching it, not paying attention & fast forward the DVR because it is just lame! She is clueless about what she wants and is insecure to the point of annoyance! I still think they should do a show with all over 40′s & call it “trade up” or “2nd, 3rd or ??? chance for love”. There is just not the drama crap… we will have fun & find the man who wants something REAL, not just publicity!

Comment by Dianne Morris — June 28, 2011 @ 9:16 pm

16. I think the guys reactions to Ashley’s announcement at the Rose Ceremony showed which guys were really there for Ashley! Of course it hurts to hear she was thinking of someone else while dating them but don’t tell me that’s never happened before in the history of dating. I applaud Ashley for really trying to clear the cobwebs to prepare for love. She didn’t have to say a word and no one would have been the wiser. So glad Blake & Mickey went home; I wish Lucas didn’t have a rose – he was a real hypocrite saying what he said. If he really meant it he should have given beck the rose and gone home.

Comment by Suebee — June 28, 2011 @ 9:28 pm

17. agree enough on Bentley…..and Mickey well done ! good reading Jesse, keep the blogs coming, love to read your opinions ! Maybe Ashley picks no one ? !

Comment by annemarie thomas — June 28, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

18. I think that Ashley was so hung up on Bentley, is because he rejected her, & he made it known that he wasn’t into her. Does she really think that she is God’s gift to men REALLY! gIVE ME A BREAK.

Comment by barbara — June 28, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

19. Ashley seems to only want what she thinks she can’t have! this is a “catch and release” game to her. Does anyone else see this?!

Comment by Nadine — June 29, 2011 @ 12:11 am

20. Thank God this Bentley crap is over with. He’s a real jerk. Too bad it took so long for Ashley to see it.

But seriously, what was up with them kissing?!

I understand Ashley wanting to be honest with the guys, but that really wasn’t necessary. It was like saying, “I like you a lot, but I liked Bentley more. I can’t have what I want so I will settle for the next best thing.” No guy wants to feel like a girl is settling for him. I don’t blame Mickey for leaving.

And I can understand that this is hard for Ashley too. I’m sure it’s not an easy position to be in. However, I don’t think she is ready for this process. I don’t think she is ready for a big commitment. She has a lot of insecurities she needs to work out. I’m a believer that you need to be whole yourself before you can commit to anyone else. Not to mention with this show and the amount of media coverage the final couple receive when the show is over… the rumors, the tabloids, etc…. I don’t know if she will be able to handle that with all the insecurities that she shows.

Ugh… I have no idea how the producers sleep at night.

Comment by Kait — June 29, 2011 @ 12:40 am

21. They need to spice up next season or there won’t be anyone watching anymore. Very boring. I couldn’t bring myself to watch it all last night. Must say I will be glad when it is over. I always tune in to your Beatdown – I love all the honest comments that come out. If Beatdown was your idea – good one.

Comment by Toni — June 29, 2011 @ 12:53 am

22. Mickey should be the next bachelor. He is hot and knows what is wants. And yes Jesse do not do a recap, we already saw it. We like the inside stuff and a guys point of view. There are thousands of recaps out there.

Comment by Deb — June 29, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

23. Oh oh… Did Ashley S mistakenly make a reveal on last nights BacheloretteBeatdown? Listen to her comment about having met Ashley H on Sunday and her desire for a DD with Ash and someone. Could there have been a breakup of the original guy and Ash?

Comment by Jim — June 29, 2011 @ 6:30 pm

24. Great Recap Jesse. Not sure what to make of Mickey’s departure though.

Comment by Jasmine — June 29, 2011 @ 11:04 pm

25. I don’t really agree with you about her talk with JP. I think her honesty and his understanding shows maturity. (He’s going to see it all on t.v anyway.) If they both were just as honest and understanding in future communication they could have a lasting relationship. I also think that the guys who got angry are the guys who are not really falling in love with her except Ryan who may have some other agenda because his relationship with Ashley seems forced.

Comment by Ann — June 30, 2011 @ 6:46 am

26. This is an interesting season in that all the guys but Ryan seem to get along and really are enjoying their guy-bonding experience. Just look at the waving good-bye and shout-out to Mickey as he boated away into the night. We are beginning to hear some patter about Ashley looking good or the desire to have some time with her. But, all-in-all, it seem more like cool guys looking for bro-mance.

I got a kick out of reading Trista Sutter’s Tweets about TMI and telling Ashley to not be so forthcoming. The guys will see the episode and so she did need to come clean about the B-word. But she could not expect them to be happy about it either. But the good news is that she still seems to go forward.

Comment by Debra — June 30, 2011 @ 2:24 pm

27. Thanks for the recap. I always enjoy checking out anything you have post. I agree this may not be the most exciting season (mainly because so much focus has been on that ass who I won’t name), but I look forward to seeing more JP on my television, he’s reason enough to tune in!

Comment by Deena — June 30, 2011 @ 3:39 pm