Jesse’s Insider Bachelorette Blog: Ep. 7

Here we are back again for week 7 of ABC’s “The Bachelorette” season 7 with Ashley Hebert. I’m Jesse Csincsak and I am here with my behind the scenes opinions about what I saw on last night’s show. My opinions are simply based on my experiences on the show and my thoughts on the characters from last night’s show. With that being said, here we go!

While in Taiwan Ashley starts to speak her mind on the guys and how she feels about them. Ashley claims Ryan makes her feel safe and that she loves his energy. Lucas is such a genuine guy; Ames is unique, sweet and super intelligent; Ben is funny and has so many things going for him; Constantine is easy to talk to and look at; and JP makes me feel comfortable and secure. Okay, now I feel a little gross just writing that sappy crap about these guys!

Onto the one on one dates:

Constantine let your love light shine! First, Ashley and Constantine get on a steam train and head to a tiny village just outside of Taipei, which in my book is pretty cool because it would give them a good amount of time to just talk and get to know one another. Remember, at this point in the game there are only 6 guys. A lot of these guys are getting a ton of time with her that we are unable to see on TV, due to the limits of a 2 hour show. After their train ride they go to the spot where the love lanterns are. They light them, make wishes and set them fire. It looked cool on TV but I’m not sure that a ton of hairspray and a fire are a good combo at this point in the dating game! Ashley then begins to ask Constantine if he’s ready to fall in love or if he’s waiting for hometowns? He explains it has nothing to do with anything except WHEN THEY ARE BOTH FEELING IT AND READY! Great answer in my book bro, and apparently Ashley thought so too because at that point they started to kiss and then RAVED about how amazing each other were in their interviews!

“Ben, let’s spend a gorges day together,” and yes, that’s how she spelled gorgeous. Ashley explains that she needs to see an emotional and physical connection with each guy or they are not going to hometowns! In my opinion, Ben is one of the more emotional guys and I have seen them kiss and it looks legit so I bet he will last awhile. Ben even goes onto say that it feels so natural to have Ashley’s arms wrapped around him. He then goes as far to say that he’s falling in love with her and that he doesn’t drop the “L BOMB” with people. Ben then tells Ashley how pumped he is for HOMETOWN DATES smiles and kisses her! Well played in my book Ben. Ashley says that Ben feels like her boyfriend in her interview.

GROUP DATE:
Lucas, Ames, JP
The three of you should have seen this coming! What guy would want to see his potential girl kissing some other piece of man meat in a wedding dress? I will tell you who: NO ONE! Dumbest date ever!

I am only going to touch on JP on this date since I got up and made a frozen pizza. It was that annoying! I’m surprised to see this side of JP. Every season there seems to be at least one guy who can’t handle seeing The Bachelorette eyeing other guys.

There must be a reason they are showing the JP drama. I am just not sure why yet. In any event, he is just being real and I can understand that! Where is Ben the next morning? He never came home last night. JP pretty much had steam coming out of his ears when he heard that! Mr. All Nighter himself walks through the door and JP gets up and leaves while Ben explains what happened over the last 36 hours.

Moving onto Ryan’s one on one date:
Ryan says when he is with Ashley everything else just disappears! They start off this date on a very bad note. Ashley takes Ryan to an ancient temple to play a 1000-year-old version of CRAPS where they flip these stones to try and make a wish. Too bad for him, the stones come up bad. They watch Tai Chi and Ryan explains that he hopes she doesn’t own a water heater. Eventually, it sinks in for Ashley and she realizes that he’s not the one! REALLY? NEWS BULLETEN! Ashley explains why to Ryan and he starts to cry, walks through the bushes sighing for about 10 minutes, then finally the show goes to commercial!

Onto the Rose Ceremony –
Ashley talks with Chris Harrison and explains she doesn’t need a cocktail party and that she’s ready to give out her roses.

1. JP – Date Rose
2. Constantine
3. Ben
4. Ames

Lucas & Ryan get sent home

Next week it’s time for the HOMETOWN DATES!
Who’s family will be the crazy one? Who’s family will not show Ashley such a warm welcome? Tune in next week same place same time. LATER!

For more Bachelor/ette TV recaps, news and interviews follow Jesse on Twitter and Facebook

1. I know Ryan has been a little annoying at times but in his defense, she DID ask him to tell her something about his work! It’s just too bad that his choice was something as boring as a hot water heater to talk about!!
    My heart was really hurting for him when he said that she would be a great mother and he hopes to be one…some day, as he was trying so hard not to cry (chin quiver).
    All in all, I believe he really is a great guy, he just needs to back off on the “happy pills” a bit!

Comment by Andrea — July 12, 2011 @ 7:28 pm

2. Sure hope it turns out good for her. It’s been a long bachelorette. I’ll be glad when it’s done. I do enjoy your blogs. Ready for your Beatdown tonight.

Comment by Toni — July 12, 2011 @ 7:57 pm

3. JP was being real amongst all the bullchit on this scripted show. You should know that Jesse. He loves her and is sick of sharing her with the guys. He knows the show format, he said that, but that doesn’t mean he has to like it. I wish you’d back off the criticism of some real emotions and reactions being shown on this crapfest, for a change!!!!!

Comment by Whatever! — July 12, 2011 @ 8:24 pm

4. Toni

Not sure what you mean I agree with JPs actions ?? Maybe you took it the wrong way… However this is my blog so I am pretty sure its ok for me to have a strong opinion here ?? Maybe I am wrong ?

Comment by Jesse — July 12, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

5. Um…I was actually going to comment that I enjoy the Beatdown because it truly shows the previous contestants personal views which I find interesting and relevant since they have all lived this- behind the scenes…..where the real juice is at!! Jesse- I encourage you to bring more of that onto here instead of a recap of the tension and awkwardness I believe we all witness this season on Monday nights!

Comment by DIna — July 12, 2011 @ 10:59 pm

6. Jesse, we’ve all watched the show. When you tell us what happened the day after it seems pointless. We don’t need the show regurgitated to us, we need insight and analysis. You have a unique perspective as a former contestant, apply it while you watch and write your blog! Anyone can write a blog about what happened.

Comment by Jake — July 12, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

7. I loved the fact that Ryan showed his vulnerability and sensitivity. I know that the other guys on the show are annoyed with him, but I find him charming. He should be the next Bachelor!! He’s got the looks, the success, and I happen to like that he’s so positive. We need more positivity in this world.

JP lost a few points with me this episode. While it’s understandable that he will feel jealous and angry, he could have handled it with more grace – like Lucas or Ames. It was off putting to watch him being so moody and almost hostile.

Finally, I loved how nervous Ben and Constantine were on their dates. It was so cute to see them blush while expressing their feelings and it makes the whole thing seem more genuine.

Comment by Mila — July 13, 2011 @ 12:28 am

8. RYAN SHOULD BE THE NEXT BACHELOR. he’s a good looking guy, successful and it seems he’s so nice. i was so mad when ashley sent him home. what’s wrong with her?

Comment by dyne — July 13, 2011 @ 1:27 am

9. http://realitycheck-jenna.blogspot.com/2011/07/bachelorette-ep7.html

Comment by Jenna — July 13, 2011 @ 2:30 am

10. I like your recap as I haven’t watched alot of the show. I hear the girls at work talk about it, read your blog and then I’ve not had to watch a minute of it. Thanks, Jess. Your Beatdown is great.

Comment by Jodie — July 13, 2011 @ 3:13 am

11. The last few weeks I have had trouble getting the Beatdown. Last night, I got the picture but no sound. I even tried logging on and off a couple of times but nothing worked. I finally gave up and left and hope to catch it when you post the video. Is there anything you can do to remedy this problem?

Comment by Sunny0303 — July 13, 2011 @ 7:45 am

12. Why the hell did ABC cut off the part where Ryan was talking about the water heaters.

Ryan was really heartfelt and genuine. What a guy. He actually cares about real issues that matter. Get over yourself Ashley…life isn’t always “ME, ME, ME!!!”

I don’t think Constatine is attracted to Ashley in the slightest bit. I think he is just playing for the cameras. I don’t blame him. She comes off as really needy like during the moped ride with Ben F she said something like she felt protected, etc. Whatever! Girl if I were you I would be the one wanting to drive it, and NOT have my arms wrapped around a guy as you drive through the beautiful scenery. Please get over you constant neediness already.

Comment by Shivani — July 13, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

13. I thought the hot water story was interesting!!

Comment by Bailey — July 13, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

14. I enjoy your opinions. She is really mixed up. I wonder what she is thinking now that she is watching her show. She is probably thinking she made some bad mistakes. Can’t go back now. I enjoy your blogs.

Comment by TA — July 13, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

15. Don’t understand her at all. You have talked about editing so I will not waste time wondering about her decisions. So much of what we see is not what really happened or it’s made to have an outcome that never happened. This has become like a daytime soap. I read your blog every week.

Comment by Danielle — July 13, 2011 @ 8:55 pm

16. Your Beatdown needs a comment section. As far as the next bachelor or bachelorette – any of the guys on Beatdown would be great choices.

Graham – hot. Not!! I don’t think so. As Wes said – there is something strange about Graham. There is a reason why he is still single. David, Wes and Kovacs are the hot ones.

Funny to hear these things about Jake, Reid and Graham from the guys that know them. Why has Jake been put in the spot light so much? Who does he know or blow?

Comment by JANEY — July 13, 2011 @ 10:14 pm

17. Watched your Beatdown today as I couldn’t bring it in last night. It gets better each week. I hope you are doing something else along this line once the bachelorette is over which can’t be too soon. You asked for names of bachelors or bachelorettes. I’ve watched Nikki from Jason’s season. I also think Susie Williams and I don’t remember what season she was from. I don’t notice the guys since I am one but the dudes on Beatdown are hilarious and very entertaining. I laugh so much from the things they say. Great thing you are doing.

Comment by Ben — July 13, 2011 @ 11:10 pm

18. enjoy the blog jesse, and the beatdown ! dont get to watch it air so enjoy the recap and the beatdown discussions ! cant wait to see if ashley picks JP or anyone at all!? Wes is my pick for the next bachelor !

Comment by annemarie thomas — July 14, 2011 @ 12:10 am

19. She spelled gorgeous “gorges” because they traveled through gorges on a moped. I think all of the folks who lost some respect for JP because he handled the situation with “less grace” than Ames or Lucas haven’t been watching this season. JP’s relationship with Ashley has moved to the “love range” whereas most of the other men are still in the “admiration stage” and when you love someone the last thing you want to see & hear is someone else loving them. Even though it’s the nature of the show, you couldn’t possibly anticipate all of the feelings you will/will not have about someone near the end of the show.

Comment by Sunny — July 14, 2011 @ 3:53 pm

20. Loved the blog Jesse. I feel sorry for JP. Even though JP has developed real feelings for Ashley editing made his “jealousy” seem much worse then it was especially the supposed walking out of the room scene.

Comment by Jasmine — July 14, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

21. Sorry Ryan was sent home…seems to be really a great guy. Hope to see him back!!!

Comment by Faye — July 20, 2011 @ 1:48 pm

22. Sorry to see Ryan sent home,he seems like a really great guy…..hope to see him back on!!!!!

Comment by Faye — July 20, 2011 @ 1:50 pm

23. Major thanks for the article post. Great.

Comment by Abbey Mazzola — February 18, 2012 @ 8:50 am