Jesse’s Insider Bachelorette Blog: Ep. 8

Here we are back again for week 8 of ABC’s “The Bachelorette” season 7 with Ashley Hebert. I’m Jesse Csincsak and I am here with my behind the scenes opinions about what I saw on last night’s show. My opinions are simply based on my experiences on the show and my thoughts on the characters from last night’s show. With that being said, here we go!

Now that it’s hometown time I kind of feel like Ashley has a whole new glow about her self. It’s kind of refreshing to see really. I am interested to see how she handles the weeks to come when there are a lot more feelings attached to the decisions she’s making! This is when the toll of saying goodbye will really start to get tuff!

Hometowns are not just hard for the Bachelorette; being one of the guys isn’t easy either. When you go to your own hometown you don’t get to stay at your house. No, no, no, production gets you a nice hotel room to sit in while you’re in your town. They want to make sure they know where you are at all times and what you’re doing. They can’t have you talking to your best friend or your family on your home phone at 2AM telling them what you have been up to. After all, you’re still a contestant participating on The Bachelorette.

If you told your story your interactions with everyone on camera wouldn’t come across as genuine and real. When each of these people knocks on the front door at their houses to introduce their family to Ashley it really is the first time they have seen them in over 5 weeks. That’s why everyone is hugging and almost in tears!

Onto Cummings Georgia with Constantine –

I really liked this hometown and here is why: when you introduce your so- called girl to your family you want an honest opinion from them on what they think. I loved that his family was warm and welcoming to Ashley. It wasn’t too over the top and it also wasn’t like she was trying out for a team sport. They were chill, observant, and very normal and I liked that.

Also, Constantine wasn’t trying to over do anything or trying to impress her. He took her to his work (Giorgio’s) and showed her what it is that he really does, no bells and whistles involved! Well done in my book! He says straight out of the car, “this is my business and my family and I work very hard at it!” I LIKED THAT A LOT! It shows that he isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty and isn’t afraid to show her who he really is!

Constantine, I have to say when I first saw your dad I thought I was watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding! Your dad reminds me of the dad in that movie with all the Windex! Haha! He seems like a great guy and I loved his honest opinions. Your mom also explained the situation nicely! She said, “everything is good and fine when you’re all jetted away on someone else’s dime, but what about when that’s over?” Loved that she called that out straight away! Then your dad piped in and said, “it takes a long time to really get to know someone and that’s something you can’t force!” I love that they stand behind you but that they keep reality in perspective!

Ames – Pennsylvania

Okay, I am going to start of by saying I think Ames is a great guy and obviously very intelligent but I feel as if his hometown date was a bit weird and over the top! How many people do you know sit with their boyfriend’s sister and talk about their relationship with them by their massive indoor pool? Are we trying out for a swim team, showing off our massive things or really focusing on Ames and the matter at hand? It was like she was trying to sell Ashley a used car or something!

Then Ames talks with his sister and is basically coached on what to do with Ashley next to show her that he’s really into her. At that point I felt like we were programming a ROBOT! I am a huge fan of being yourself no matter what. Once his sister started coaching him that was honestly it for me.

After all that nonsense Ames starts rambling about his favorite magnolia tree, which he was excited about being in bloom. This would be fine except WHO SAYS THAT? That’s when I start to question if you’re straight or not. Which is also fine but figure it out. Just be yourself and girls will flock. Don’t ever let anyone tell you how to act around a girl!

Then, to top it all off you end the date randomly in a horse and buggy that I am sure your two butlers were driving. Just too much for me, but again that’s just my opinion. Ames, I got nothing but love for you bro!

Ben – Sonoma California

I want to start off by pointing out that THIS GUY IS IN THE ZONE! He is at a winery, which I feel gives him a huge advantage over the rest of the guys! It would be like LeBron taking a hometown on a basketball court! Tough to beat!

Ben seems to really open up to Ashley and have a bunch more confidence behind what he’s doing! He straight up tells Ashley that if she can’t get along with his mom and sister that it will be a deal breaker! Well done man! Ben’s sister came across as super protective to me but I am sure there is a HUGE back-story behind that, which we will never get to see. I really liked seeing Ben talk about his dad and break down in tears! In my opinion any man who is scared to cry at some point is NOT A REAL MAN! With all that being said I don’t think Ben is leaving anytime soon. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see him as the last man standing!

JP – Roslyn New York

I think JP was smart for doing something fun. Ashley really seemed to love going roller-skating! It’s super important to be able to have fun when you’re on your hometown date. Having fun really helps take the pressure off the experience. JP goes on to tell Ashley that he is lost without her, which is awesome because even though Ashley can’t say things like that to JP she sure does love to hear them. It could factor into whom she picks in the end.

Having a hometown visit with no stress and a positive vibe from the family is the key to going on to exotics! I loved that JP’s mom put both of them on the spot; Ashley gets questioned and finally JP is put on the spot with his poster-sized mullet photo! It just shows how real they are. Parents love doing that silly stuff!

Onto the Rose Ceremony
1. Ben
2. JP
3. Constantine
Ames is in shock when she sends him home! Sorry bud, keep your chin up you will find another.

Like I said the key to exotics is a mellow hometown. I think Ames got sent packing because it was just too much! At the end of the day MONEY CANT BUY LOVE!

Next week it’s Exotics in Fiji, which looks to be filled with crying and more drama! Who does Ashley’s sister tell her is not for her and who comes all the way to Fiji? Tune in next week same place same time! Until next week I am OUT!

1. http://realitycheck-jenna.blogspot.com/2011/07/bachelorette-ep8.html

Comment by Jenna — July 19, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

2. Just wondering, but what was Ames supposed to do? Rent a little row house for the hometown date? His home didn’t seem as flashy to me as Chantal’s parents’ home last season. I do hope Ames finds “Muffie” or whomever fits well with his social scene and makes him happy. Guys aren’t loving Ames but girls think he’s pretty hot!

Comment by Melissa — July 19, 2011 @ 10:27 pm

3. I am in J.P.’s corner. He is the most real and seems to be really smitten with Ashley. And he’s the hottest of them all, so he’s number 1 to me. Ben is fantastic too, love that he has a wine business, but to me he still seems very sad about the past and may not be ready. Constantine is definitely not ready…………

Comment by Johnelle — July 19, 2011 @ 10:37 pm

4. I like JP the best for Ashley ! thanks Jesse for your insights on the hometown dates. keep the good blogs coming !

Comment by annemarie thomas — July 19, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

5. JP is the total package for Ashley and everything she’s lookin for in a potential husband. I hope they are engaged and very happy, now post show. From mags I’ve read, they are.

Comment by Whatever! — July 19, 2011 @ 10:43 pm

6. Love your perspective each week.
    If I was picking one of these guys strictly off their hometown date – I’d pick Constantine – now that looked fun! However, I don’t think his feelings are strong enough for her yet to be #1. Although I am thinking Ben would be the best guy for her, his date seemed stressful to me, too serious. And I had been thinking all along it was going to be JP in the end but he’s starting to seem so insecure now I just don’t know. They seem really good together though.
    Every season of hometowns it always looks like it would be so hard to choose because they most all seem to get along – Vienna being the major exception (that should have been a sign). ; )

Comment by Katy — July 19, 2011 @ 10:54 pm

7. Good summary Jesse! I like when you give your reaction to what happens. Being a girl I love hearing a man’s point of view. Yes, Ashely seems to be in a great place, lucky girl. I think Ames is sweet but I think he’s in love with love and not with Ashley. He was so awkward at the picnic under the magnolia tree-he seemed a little unsure of himself. And that kiss-I could tell Ashley was not physically attracted to him. I think JP and Ben will be the last 2 standing – she seems to be attracted to them the most.

Comment by Rose4ever28 — July 19, 2011 @ 11:14 pm

8. Remembering your hometown visit, you are saying you were put in a hotel room and not allowed to see your parents until the actual meeting. I guess it’s a big secret so they don’t want you in your own house as your friends would be coming over. I think the spoilers spoil alot of the show. Loved hearing the behind the scene info. Looking forward to your Beatdown tonight.

Comment by Ben — July 19, 2011 @ 11:25 pm

9. Hey Jesse. Great post, again. I think Ashley has her hands full now. All 3 of these guys have awesome qualities. Each man, in their own way….could be perfect for her. I am on team Constantine, personally!!! His family embraced her immediately and they seem to be such genuine souls. I can only imagine how supportive they would be if they were to get married and have a family. I get a vibe from JP that makes me think he’s a little bit of a jealous type, nothing good can come from jealousy. Just sayin’. Ashley will follow her gut (and her heart) in the end. That is her only constant. (hmmmm, Constant = Constantine!!!!) Ha

Comment by Sue Easthom — July 19, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

10. I still prefer JP but by the look of the preview, they may have hit a snag? Ben put me on my guard when he said his mother and sister must approve of his choice in women. That says to me that he may not be mature enough to make his own decisions when it comes to “love”. The hometown episode was the best of this season and I actually liked how Ashley carried herself through them.

Comment by Sunny0303 — July 19, 2011 @ 11:40 pm

11. In defense of Ames, my husband is so much like him. I tell you what, whoever snags Ames is a lucky, lucky person! (Ames, if you’re reading, I think you’re just adorable. You’ll find someone that loves you for who you are!)

As far as the others, I like either Ben or Constantine for Ashley. JP just seems a little too emotional for her. It’s almost as if he has a raging temper that he’s trying to hold back.

Comment by kyndale — July 19, 2011 @ 11:41 pm

12. Does she remember her crying out burst when jp was blasting that he wished it were the other girls, and that ash had small or no boobs, can you get over that ash, or pretend it did not happen, on jps side it was a roast, but not when you r trying to win the girl. i wonder if he has said a private sorry and gave an explanation. if he were smart he would have.

Comment by Alice — July 20, 2011 @ 1:20 am

13. Ames is too sweet for a guy. He would make a wonderful friend, but I think a little masculinity wouldn’t hurt, especially for a passionate relationship to exist. He shouldn’t change though because he should be with someone who accepts him for him.
    He is definitely one of a kind, and I don’t think his family came off as pretentious at all. So what if they have some money. It sure doesn’t look like Ames has let it get to his head. Most guys would come off as really arrogant if they had his money and/or intelligence.

Comment by S — July 20, 2011 @ 1:56 am

14. It will be interesting to see who she will pick. So hard to tell with the editing process. I think it will be a hard choice for her although it’s already done.

Jesse – Please post the Beatdown link on your website before the show. I had trouble finding it tonight cause I didn’t see it on your site.

Comment by Toni — July 20, 2011 @ 2:15 am

15. Ames was trying to “buy” Ashley. He is just a gentlemen, well traveled, has perfect grammar, and is very giving. Money doesn’t buy that! Look at some of the girls that are extremely rich. No class there.

Ames, you are out of her league – not trying to be mean to Ashley. They just are from two different places!

Comment by Fleur Bellamy — July 20, 2011 @ 2:19 am

16. Sorry Ames – Ames was NOT TRYING TO BUY ASHLEY. I left out the NOT!

Comment by Fleur Bellamy — July 20, 2011 @ 2:21 am

17. I love Ames,If I wasn’t married he’d be the guy for me. I like the slow guys and his smile just sells it all. I like the nerdy quirky type and someone like him is a fantasy story who deserves a princess in the end. A guy like him will be everything to his wife and children! I think he should be the next bachelor and choose his own type! I also see Shantel the (embalmer last season) with him!

Comment by Colleen — July 20, 2011 @ 4:28 am

18. Kyndale – was it JP who said he wished it were other girls? I thought that was the short guy and not JP? I thought his name was Ben (the other Ben)
    Anyway, I felt so bad for Ames…he is so hot, smart and full of life. I was leaning for JP all the way but after seeing Ames home town date I would have chosen him instead. Constantine is ok looking and Ashley keeps saying he’s hot. I guess his puppy dog eyes don’t do much for me but Ben, JP and Ames are all hot. Constantine’s home town date was great though.

Comment by Leticia — July 20, 2011 @ 4:56 am

19. JP is wayyy to emotional and he’s around 31-34 (not sure but somewhere in that age range) — he should have his insecurities a little more under control by now. He’s ultra possessive and that’s going to rear its ugly head in 6-7 mos when all the show starts to fade from everyone’s memory.

Constantine is awesome. He’s not for Ashley but he’ll have no problem finding a great girl that fits in with his amazing family. Ben, too.

Ames–he’s amazing. Goofy, little kid smile with a Mega-Mind. It’s a nice combination in a world of men who can’t let go of the macho image. Tabloids say he’s dating Jackie Gordon (Bach Pad 2, and Jake Pa-puka’s season) who grew up the town over from where I live — she’s a smarty and a talented artist but who really knows. I think Ames could find a woman anywhere who would be smitten by his charm, brains and awkwardness. It’s actually pretty hot!

Comment by The Couponess — July 20, 2011 @ 6:23 am

20. I hope she picks carefully because she might be letting her true love slip between her fingers. These hometown dates were all so different. One was very strange.

Comment by jodie — July 20, 2011 @ 9:16 am

21. Another great blog post Jesse! I loved Ames but your description of that date cracked me up.

Comment by Mia — July 20, 2011 @ 11:32 am

22. Great blog Jesse. Lots more insights this week which is what we love from you.

Comment by Anne — July 20, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

23. this whole series(bachlorette/bacheor) is nothing but drama. It show is so fake and scripted!! every contestant comes on this show for 15 min of fame.. Every looser who has gone on that show cannot deny it. As for the fake show The Bachelor Pad, dont even get me started. what fake sh!t will ABC come up with next??

Comment by Doris — July 20, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

24. Great job …love your blog….l want to let Ames know my opinion….Ames, You are so my hubby…l am soooo lucky..l ran 3 times from him but he wouldnt give up…thank goodness bcs l have the best life …Ames if your still looking l have a beauty of a daughter in and out (heart of gold –stunning-smart)….she wants a real man like her own father..Michigan Family…we would love u too :)

Comment by laura — July 20, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

25. Please don’t be busting on Ames!!…What was he supposed to do? He has a lot of money and so does his family, should he have put a trailer on his land instead?. So what if he has money,I don’t think he flaunted That at all!! He is the sweetest and kindest guy I have seen! There was clearly no chemistry between he and Ashley,it was very painful to watch them kiss…His sister is hoping the BEST for him so she was trying to help him! Come On Jesse, Don’t you have Magnolia Tree’s in Ohio?? LOL!!

Comment by jojo — July 20, 2011 @ 8:16 pm

26. Too bad you have David Good and Wes on the beatdown, it would be a great show without those two monopolizing it, esp,. dbag David Good, who is the one with anger issues.
    They are so jealous, they ripped Reid, they ripped Graham and now they rip JP? Three nicest guys to ever be on this show who are not dbags and those jealous pussys rag on them. I’m done watching the show. they insulted Trista, they insulted Ashley Sp. Ahsley H. and they get away with it.And their facts are wrong. JP kissed Ashley when he arrived and when he left. It was edited out, but there is a screen cap on a spoiler site that shows it. Get your facts and get rid of the dicks on your beatdown.

Comment by Whatever! — July 20, 2011 @ 8:31 pm

27. Fun read – love this blog!

Comment by S — July 20, 2011 @ 8:32 pm

28. Thanks for sharing Jess! It seems like we have the exact same opinions about this.

Ben’s sister got on my nerves. Far too overprotective but he is such a great guy and everything else seems to be there for them.

Ames’ hometown date was just a little awkward. I felt as if they acted as royalty or something of the sort. Just a little much. Although I really like Ames (he is intelligent and sweet) I didn’t feel as if he was the one for Ashley. She needed someone a little more relaxed.

Constantine has an amazing family, and he is a great guy. He just seems a bit hesitant about the whole thing and that may not do it for her when it comes down to it.

JP in my opinion is pretty perfect for her. He is so sweet, and you can tell he really loves her. He has that certain “look” when he sees her, and his hometown date was awesome. He also seems the most open about his feelings and he said that he is willing to risk everything for it. I think that will play a huge factor in the final decision.

She has three great guys left and it will be very interesting to see what happens!

Comment by Nicole Cook — July 20, 2011 @ 9:21 pm

29. Great blog Jesse. I have a question for you. It came out on the hometown date when they took that poster out of JP that he is Jewish. Was that a slip? I never hear any talk about religion? Does that conversation happen off camera? How do you know someone if you don’t know what they believe in religiously?….just saying.

Comment by Linda — July 20, 2011 @ 10:38 pm

30. Producers must think we are stupid to believe all this crap they put out there. After hearing Wes tell how they snowballed him and how he had a hard time dealing with it, I’m so done with this show. I have become very interested in reading your blogs and watching your Beatdown. It’s neat the way all of you share your opinions. You have all been there so you know what they do and how they don’t care who they hurt as long as they get their editing done to get some fool to believe all their crap. I haven’t watched one minute of this season nor will I watch another. Your Beatdown is a great idea. You even have a Jewish lawyer on your show – Craig you are fabulous. Keep the Beatdown coming. Maybe you can do a Beatdown on a classier show. ???????

Comment by janey — July 21, 2011 @ 1:15 am

31. Ames just looks lost all the time and definitely doesn’t have the romance factor going for him. His romantic side is basically communication about old sayings and magnolia trees – no intimate touchy situations with him. Maybe his sister coached him on how to be his whole life, that he hasn’t found himself yet when it comes to girls. I really like JP – a lot. Him and Ashley have something special. Constantine is a great guy, but he always looks sleepy, which drives me crazy. -And Ben, the one I think looks like a Caveman. He’s too monotone and not attractive at all. Pleeeeaaase I hope abc chooses neither of these guys as the next Bachelor. They all all so boring, – except JP. Someone from a past season I’m hoping. Well Wishes to Ashley that she’s happy in the end!!

Comment by KG — July 21, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

32. Thanks again for a great blog. Always great to hear your little insider tidbits. Love that this one contained more of you opinions on what went on, you crack me up. Keep up the good work. ps. JP for the win.

Comment by Deena — July 21, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

33. Thanks for an amazing blog Jesse!! I have to say that I was disappointed to read all of the Ames-haters. He is different, yes, & he may be financially stable & super-intelligent, but I would rather all of those qualities than the guy’s who monopolize air-time like Bentley. I will not be impressed if he DOES show up next week for the After the Rose episode. ENOUGH already!! Stop giving him what he wants & obviously loves. I hope all women know what his is made of & stay clear of him when he is living his day to day life. Maybe then he will get the help he so desperately needs!!
    I don’t know if Ashley will end up engaged & happy – I haven’t got the feeling that this is the case this season. Maybe she wants it all so badly that it will be hard to find her forever happily everafter…..

Comment by Michelle George-Dempsey — July 28, 2011 @ 1:03 pm

34. Major thanks for the blog article.Much thanks again. Really Great.

Comment by Jax Harada — February 21, 2012 @ 3:00 am