JESSE’S INSIDER BLOG: IT’S YOUR TURN TO BE THE INSIDER!

Hey it’s Jesse again! I am back, but I’m not gonna couple anyone up this time around. Rather, I’m going to talk about the future. With your help, that is.  We’re going to collaborate this week! More on that in a minute, but first…

I have to say (yet again) Brad is doing an amazing job, and I agree with almost all of his decisions. He really is back to follow his heart. I know he is sitting somewhere with his new girl right now watching the season unfold, and I hope he is happy.

Watching the hometown dates was interesting. I think it’s fun to get to know people through their families. It helps you understand why they are the way they are.  The girls were more relaxed at home, and clearly relishing the time spent with their loved ones. That will help Brad with his decision; he’s gotten a taste of what real life might be like with the four girls.

It was cool to see how down-to-earth and open Chantal O & Ashley H’s families were. And it was super-cute to see Emily with her daughter Rikki. It reminded me alot of seeing Jason Mesnick with his son Ty.

I understand why Brad sent Shawntel N. home. It wasn’t anything she did; she was great. But you have to remember, when you marry someone you are marrying their family, and in Shawntel N’s case, her dad didn’t come across as super-open to her moving to Texas. And that’s a BIG DEAL.

So, I’ve been doing entirely too much talking and speculating on this blog! Now it’s your turn. I want you to talk about the Bachelor Pad 2 and see who you think should be the contestants on this coming season.  As loyal fans, I know you’re gonna have some great ideas about the next season of the ‘Pad, so feel free to post comments at the bottom of this blog.

Should the ‘Pad 2 be a mix of couples and singles like last season? All Couples? All Singles? And who are some faces you would like to see again? What kind of challenges would you like to see this time around? And what curve balls would you like to see thrown their way?

Maybe the producers should do a couples version of the ‘Pad – something like AFTER THE BACHELOR PAD? With contestants such as Jason & Molly, Trista & Ryan?

Cant wait to read all your comments. Who knows – maybe some of your brilliant ideas will make it to the show!

That’s it for this week!  See ya next week in South Africa.

1. there was a contestant forever ago – can’t recall which season of the bachelor – but they called her tina fabulous – and she was fabulous. she would be fun – i think it was great that gwen was on and i think it would be great to have some married people on, even though they may not be married to each other – like andrew firestone and jen – to really change it up a bit

Comment by anne — February 22, 2011 @ 11:50 pm

2. It would be nice to see ppl from all over the states including the Dakotas and Minnesota and spend some time up in the cold and snow.

Comment by LeonaMN — February 22, 2011 @ 11:59 pm

3. Yes, bring some married couples back on the show. I’d love to see Jesse and Ann on Bachelor Pad. Jesse should be the host along side Christ Harrison. He’s been doing reunions to bring many together. It would be nice to see Jason and Molly. These are good things that have come from the show. Don’t want to see this next Bachelor Pad be like the first, which was a train wreck.

Comment by Norma — February 23, 2011 @ 1:12 am

4. Whatever you do, work on the production. Last season was bad, the games were ridiculous… it was embarrassing to watch. Yet I did.

Comment by kelly — February 23, 2011 @ 1:38 am

5. I am not so much concerned who they choose as contestants but what will make a huge difference is who they choose to HOST/CO-HOST!
    Let’s see Jesse and his people talents back as CO-HOST!

Comment by Sue — February 23, 2011 @ 2:52 am

6. I think it’d be fun to have anybody in the bachelor/ette area who are now a couple come back. So even Chris L and Peyton, Holly and DeAnna and the Stag. brothers, Ali and R, You and wifey, Trista and Ryan, Jason and Molly, etcetc.

Comment by Sherrie-Lee — February 23, 2011 @ 6:29 am

7. I think it should all be singles and people that haven’t been to reunions or been able to build relationships outside of bachelor. Make sense? I feel like last year the click was in control from the beginning because they all had relationships with each other all before the show started. I would love to see married couples but afraid there wouldn’t be much drama as we all know who each one will be honorable to the other.

Comment by Tina — February 23, 2011 @ 7:14 am

8. I think the Bachelor Pad was a bit too much and I am betting I am not the only one! It lost my interest…still like the Bachelor and female version. How about a season with slightly older singles in their 40′s. It could be interesting to see what divorced and more mature couples have been through and back in the dating world?

Comment by Kathleen — February 23, 2011 @ 8:40 am

9. Improvement needed for BP2. First one was awful. Too much high school acts like Bachelor or Bachelorette. I’d love to see Jesse C on there. I was a pleasure watching Jesse on his season. Jesse C would make a good host. It would be neat to have couples that have made it in real life after the show. Nasty watching Natalie with all the guys.

Comment by Jean — February 23, 2011 @ 10:13 am

10. I don’t think married couples would have the time to be gone away for that length of time. Of course there are children involved. I felt like it was The David Good Show.
    Being the first season I’m sure ABC learned alot. I would like to see all singles and give them a chance to hook up. I would love to see some of DeAnna’s and Jillian’s bachelors. I really loved seeing Gwen again.

Comment by Madge — February 23, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

11. I didn’t like the mix of couples and singles. Pick one or the other. And of course, Jesse should be right there in the middle of it.

Comment by ADoing — February 23, 2011 @ 12:24 pm

12. Don’t think married couples need to be on a show called Bachelor Pad. LOL! Tina “Fabulous” was a fun contestant but she is married to a really hot guy now and has probably moved far beyond this show. Most people have after the new blood comes in.

I think that the ‘fake’ couples for the house are already pairing up and alliances are already being made just like last season. If it could be de-cheesed and have less emphasis on random hookups, it might appeal to the average viewer.

If Melissa is too busy w/baby, Natalie or Gwen would be great counterparts for Chris Harrison.

Comment by LisaLi — February 23, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

13. well, i would like to see couples come back such as jason, molly, trista and ryan….it is fun to catch up with ones that have been on the show before…i find myself looking them up to see what they are into nowdays. a couple people in particular i think would be good…remember jerry from jen’s season? he was so sweet, i really liked him. also i think he would be a good match with sadie from bachelor rome. jillian should come back!! i liked bachelor pad before and the challenges. but one thing i can think of is “strength” challenges like when jillian and kypten were high in the air walking on ropes and they keep getting further and further apart! “strategy” games like games they have on survivor would be cool. i think emily from this season should be on the show too. so, i think couples AND singles again should be good. then maybe do another season with all the bachelors/ettes that have gotten married. whether they found love on the show or with the person they married now.

Comment by Kara — February 23, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

14. Definately singles but of various ages. Well let’s see , Michelle would be great for the ‘stir the pot’ venue…LOL ..then the one Brad doesn’t pick on Bachelor ,a few of the old players in other Bachelor shows and a few of the ones in this last one to be sure all the players are recognizable to everyone.
    Let’s see ,we need a hero,a whiner,a cryer, a lover,a hater..you get it.

Comment by Judy Long — February 23, 2011 @ 6:53 pm

15. Couples are a great idea and also a good way to test their compatibility and togetherness. Singles should have a show of their own, but then they are in fact prone to coupling anyway. I think we need to see some new “host” faces. Why does every show have a “Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris” Let’s change it up. Jesse you’d be a great host for sure!

Comment by Lorraine — February 23, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

16. Just keep Meanna out of the show!! She is SO yesterday and I feel so bad for Brad to have to keep living that nightmare over and over. You too Jesse. Love your weekly blogs. Keep up the great work. Would like to see you on TV some more too.

Comment by Rachel — February 23, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

17. All couples from the franchise would be a great idea — and it would be fun to watch. I don’t think there would be “backstabbing” because you’re all friends. I think it would be a great, genuine fun time. (OK maybe a wee bit of “strategy” involved, but FUN FUN FUN nonetheless.) Would love to see get more involved in this program as well. After all YOU DID WIN Season 4!

Comment by Robin — February 23, 2011 @ 7:34 pm

18. BP2 . . . hmmmm. Def needs a new format. New host(s). Something similar yet different. I think Jesse would be a great HOST and a great change. A good majority of the players from seasons past are a bit too “loose” IMO. Time to change things up a bit ABC and get some respect back to the franchise.

Comment by Lorraine — February 23, 2011 @ 7:37 pm

19. Yep, I got it. Vienna, Rozlyn and Tonya Harding would be great for this show, and NO COUPLES on BACHELOR pad. While were at it, get Gia back on also. Basically, we want good looks, lots of back stabbing, lots of alcohol and steamy sex. Just like real life.

Comment by Frank — February 23, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

20. Respect back in the franchise – then don’t put Natalie on it. Gia was on the first – so not her. None of the bachelors from season 4 were on BP2 – so put some of them on and Jesse C as host. Watching some of the singles kissing on many guys was trashy. No more Jullian – enough is enough of her. Pick some girls that weren’t on #1 – new blood – no repeats. I think it would be neat having the couples and their kids on.

Comment by Norma — February 24, 2011 @ 12:56 am

21. Bachelor = singles (one male host), Bachelorette = singles (same male host) last Bachelor pad = singles (still same male host)…….how about an ALL STAR with COUPLES versus COUPLES and a COUPLE hosting (Jesse&Ann)….now that would be new, fun and the LOGICAL progressing of things!

Comment by Dorothea — February 24, 2011 @ 1:25 am

22. Jesse C. as host would be fun and he would liven up things for sure. I think a good paring might be Sadie from PLo’s season and Ryan from Bachelorette 4.

Comment by Wanda — February 24, 2011 @ 3:10 am

23. Great blog Jesse. I would like married couples too. You and
    Ann would be great but then you couldn’t be a host. Which one would you like to do best?

Comment by Johnell Hughes — February 24, 2011 @ 5:24 am

24. C’mon people, some of you act as though there’s a shortage of singles to recruit for Bachelor Pad. I’m sure B.Pad already has plenty of great people lined up from the recent Bachelor/ette shows for the next season of B.Pad that the viewers can’t wait to see again, especially on B. Pad. Why would people want to watch the “oldies” from Season 4 & before, most of whom have long moved on with their lives and doing their own thing & doing very well. And, married couples wouldn’t want to partake in this type of tv show…Boring! After all, it IS the “Bachelor” Pad, not Married With Children.

Comment by Cam — February 24, 2011 @ 5:31 am

25. I think it’s funny that most of these comments are mentioning Jesse C. since the guy seems to do nothing more than sit on his computer all day posting links and trying to get people to vote for him in various contests as opposed to finding a real job to support his unplanned family, it wouldn’t surprise me if most of these comments are made by him under different names.

In any event, I think the show’s name should speak for itself..it’s for unmarried people..sorry Jesse… and I would think married people with babies would have obligations and jobs that would not permit them the time to participate in a show like this. As for a cohost, I like someone like Krisily or Gwen Gioa..people that don’t beg for handouts and are mature and don’t make a spectacle of themselves and their lives on the internet on a daily basis.

Comment by Amanda Johnson — February 24, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

26. I thought this was a legitimate article until I saw all the comments that sound like they are from Jesse’s fan club or something.

No way ABC is going to replace Chris Harrison with Jesse and no way they are not going to have a female counterpart for Chris.

The show could use some fine tuning as is always the case after the first season but it does not need a new host(s) and I doubt that Trista/Ryan or Jason/Molly are interested in being involved in anything of this nature at this point in their lives. Trista said as much last season and this definitely doesn’t seem like Jason’s or Molly’s cup of tea. I could see either couple on The Amazing Race but that is not what Bachelor Pad is about.

At this point, I think this entire article was just another means for Jesse C to get his friends to petition ABC to give him another opportunity for a TV appearance. He was on the show 3 years ago and I think his big break has long since passed – as least in this venue.

If his family and friends are really adamant, perhaps they should start a petition to get ABC to notice him again.

Comment by Roma — February 24, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

27. ABC – whenever A LOT of people want to see JESSE back on your shows and a few get really out of line with negative comments (btw – if this is moderated comments – why do you allow insults against babies, mothers and fathers?) then the answer is it DeAnna’s fans who know she STILL wants ABC’s jobs and appearances after she has gotten WAY too many handouts and the MEN of her season have gotten far too little compensation for the heartache she has caused. Glad at least Brad got the chance to be on TV again after DeAnna. People want to see Jesse host and blog for ABC because he is FUN and FUNNY…people do not want to see more of ABC’s “barbies”. There is nothing “wrong” with Chris – but why does he need THREE shows to host? ABC be honest – the reunions always were, and always will be JESSE’s thing!

Comment by Michael — February 25, 2011 @ 1:12 am

28. Jesse has done more to promote the Bachelor Series than ABC has. Before his season no one did anything to get together. I love all these reunion’s that he has taped, The cruises were fantastic. I love Chris Harrison and I can’t imagine they would replace him with Jesse. This is not going to happen. As for the person who said that Jesse needs a job to pay for his unplanned family. You certainly know little about Jesse. He has “money.” He owns 2 homes in Breckenridge. What do you think they are worth? He is a professional snowboarder. That is a very good job. He has so many things going all of the tine. What he was saying is that he is getting too old to snow board professionally and that sounds like a fun thing for him to do. He would be fabulous with that job. Give the guy a break and if you don’t know what you are talking about you shouldn’t be talking about it.

Comment by Marley — February 25, 2011 @ 1:59 am

29. What are you a Jesse specialist? ha ha ha…how do you know he owns two homes in Breck outright or if he has a mortgage on them..did you call the bank and do a real estate study on what they are worth? if not, don’t speak to me about what his assets are worth as you sound insane and just dumb…..as far as I know, professional snowboarders maybe make 25K to 30K a year unless they are the top guys which Jesse never was…yeah he could give lessons to children at this point since he never made it big in his sport I guess…but hosting prime time tv shows, I don’t see his obnoxious personality in that role ….what does he have going? the only thing he seems to do is take his life and sell private moments on radar online and to other rags….in my opinion that does not qualify him to be a television host but if in yours if does, spend all your time voting for him in contests under different emails…fine with me…I really couldn’t care less and as for his pop chip thing, his video did not even fit the parameters of what they asked for in the contest…yeah maybe his little fan group of sickos will get him the 50k and he can coast along on that until he finds another contest to petition for…..yup that’s a lot going on..

Comment by amandajohnson — February 25, 2011 @ 12:48 pm

30. Wow, how did this turn into a forum for insulting someone’s family? Who moderates these comments. “Unplanned family”? Seriously? How would you know if Jesse “planned” his family or not? I suspect you weren’t there. This makes you sound like a desperate ,jealous person who can’t find someone willing to procreate with. Just sayin. I’m sad for you, posting under different names to seems less pitiful. Deanna and her shack up honey are living in sin, you better stalk her.

I would love to see Jesse again in a hosting capacity. I really don’t care about his family situation or other job status. I like his personality.

Comment by Tea — February 25, 2011 @ 3:06 pm

31. Is this blog about ideas for the Bachelor Pad or Jesse and DeAnna … a couple from Bachelorette 4 when Bachelorette 7 is about to start taping?

All of you need to move on and get lives.

Comment by Michelle — February 25, 2011 @ 6:48 pm

32. I would also like to see some mid30s to 40 year old singles together… Singles, singles, singles…. no one wants to watch already married couples.

Comment by Melissa — February 25, 2011 @ 8:32 pm

33. Please help my son become the next host of the bachelor pad. He is a new parent and as you know, diapers are expensive.

Comment by twsinsak@centurytel.net — February 25, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

34. I think by “couples” Jesse meant people who were in a dating relationship going into the show, such as Kiptyn and Tenley. The married couples option was for a new show possibly called “After the bach pad”.
    My personal opinion is that I would not want to see married couples, but dating couples would be good.
    I would love to see Jesse as the host. I think that the fact that he understands a lot of the emotions that people are going through while on the show would add a lot to his ability to have discussions. He would not be replacing Chris Harrison, he would be replacing Melissa who just had a baby.
    As for the bachelor/ette, I want to see a love story!!!! If the ending is always going to be leaked you might as well let us see the process. Why keep it a secret. Most of the viewers believe in love and are watching for the love story!! Stop leaving the love story on the cutting room floor.
    See you next week Jesse. Love your blogs.

Comment by Christine — February 26, 2011 @ 1:37 pm

35. Comment MODERATORS – “anybody home?”…TIME TO WAKE UP and MODERATE comments – “Amanda” is totally out of line!
    I get it that most people who moderate web pages don;t have babies yet…but when you will one day have kids remember it is NEVER OK to hate on BABIES or new parents!

Comment by Chris — February 27, 2011 @ 2:30 am

36. Hey Frank, High Five!!! I could not of said that better myself. LOL

Comment by Debbie — February 27, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

37. I think that Molly Mesnick would be the Perfect co host for BP2.

Comment by Debbie — February 27, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

38. amandajohnson says: February 25, 2011 at 12:48 pm
    aka SUSAN BISHOP, why have you made it your life’s mission to constantly antagonize this man?? You’re just a nasty, vindictive human. Crawl back in your hole and wish good things for your life, like a man, and a child. Leave the good people alone. I’m sorry your life is not what you had hoped it would be, but to spread lies and opinions of things you know nothing about is just plain crap. Find another forum please.

Comment by Robin — February 27, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

39. Dear Moderator . . . please remove Amanda Johnson’s comment from 2/25/11. She’s a hater and I made the mistake of stooping to her level. I’m sincerely sorry. She just makes my blood boil with her stupid lies and comments.

Comment by Robin — February 27, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

40. I also think that it would be great to see a season geared towards singles and divorced women and men in the 35-50 age group. It would be interesting to see the dynamics and the experience they bring to the table.

Comment by Silva — March 1, 2011 @ 2:16 am

41. REID R FOR THE NEXT BACHELOR

Comment by dyne — March 1, 2011 @ 3:34 am

42. What comments are people so upset about? Who is talking about someone’s baby and parents? I think folks are getting bent out of shape over nothing. Have some chamomile tea and relax a bit. The question is about Bachelor Pad … not all of this other stuff. Okay? Nothing needs to be moderated or deleted from what I can see. No crimes have been committed. Do people get this irate and irrational about real life issues? TV is for entertainment and so are the people who make their living on it. Some of you commenters sound like you are having a crisis of some sort. No need for hysteria behind anything that’s been posted here. Charlie Sheen must be spitting in the water supply. If someone is moderating, I think all of the posts need to be removed because this is just ridiculous.

Comment by Gees! — March 1, 2011 @ 5:27 am

43. It should be single’s only…..hence the name Bachelor Pad.
    Couples just make the alliances at an unfair advantage.
    I think that is why Vienna and Kasey are in a pseudo relationship. I bet they will be picked. They know that they are controversial contestants!!!
    Make it a similar format as Big Brother. Select contestants for a variety of seasons, but more ppl from recent shows

Comment by Christy — March 2, 2011 @ 3:20 am

44. I think they have already selected the most interesting and desirable group of applicants from previous seasons. Nobody wants to watch married couples participate in the types of games previewed in the first season, hence the name Bachelor Pad. You even witnessed first hand some of the women who were not married refuse to participate due to moral character, and rightfully so if they were previously involved.

They really need to have a 40 yr old Bachelor with women from late 20′s to late 30′s. They would still hit their main demographic and they would even pick up a larger following.

Chris should always remain the host, afterall, whom better to announce ” Coming up on The Bachelor, the most _____________ season ever” :)

Comment by Scott — March 2, 2011 @ 10:04 am

45. How about using real stars {celebs} for BP2? Put all those wanna be cast members back into their cages.

Comment by Debbie — March 2, 2011 @ 3:18 pm

46. It is rather clear that Jesse wrote many of these comments.

Comment by Rachael — March 3, 2011 @ 12:53 am

47. I think singles is a great idea to see if any relationships blossom. Michelle would be great to stir the pot and who knows she may even meet her Mr. Right on there. I would LOVE to see Jesse on there hosting since he is great with Bachelor Alums….and I really liked the idea of Jesse hosting and Ann co-hosting. Love that!

Comment by S.W.B — March 9, 2011 @ 9:59 pm