MICHAEL STAGLIANO: EPISODE 10

WHAOW!

Good news: after the WTA I got to hang out with 10 of the girls from this season: Erika, Jaclyn, Emily, Samantha, Kacie B, Kacie S, Monica, Jennifer, Jenna and Rachel.

The Women Tell ALL episode filmed in LA last weekend. On Friday I was out of town in Minneapolis doing a show at Bethel University (so fun, thanks to everyone that came :) ) I was bummed that I was going to miss the chance to meet everyone.

Well…

As I was boarding my plane to come back home to LA I got a voicemail from Emily saying that the girls were all going out that night and I should join. Despite a crazy long night of howling at the moon with Kirk (lives in MN) the night before AND having to get up at 5:30am the next morning (Sunday) for a Volleyball Tournament (I coach a 15 year old girls club volleyball team, OH YEAH). You can’t say “no” to an invitation to hang out with 10 girls on a Saturday night and be the only guy.

Here’s how the night went:

I landed at 10:30 in LAX. Raced home, showered, 180 and hit the pavement going back to Hollywood by 11:20. Craziness.

The girls were dining in a private back room at Katsuya. Needless to say I was a little nervous walking through the doors, but the minute I saw all of them and got in a good hug with each one of them. Nerves flew right out the door. IT…..WAS…..AWESOME. I was actually a little worried about crashing their party: it was kind of their night, a reunion for the season, and chance for all of them to hang out “just the girls.” They immediately squashed that feeling and from the second I walked up it seemed like the night lit itself on fire.

We settled the tab after singing happy birthday to Monica (who is a whole party by herself, loved her!). Then headed to Drais. A nightclub turned lounge at the top of the W Hotel. Now look:

Going out in Hollywood very rarely means a fun night for me. ESPECIALLY if it is a club. It typically means very loud music, a thousand people crammed into a space that fits 300… everyone looking around seeing who is famous/if there are celebs around. NO ONE dances…it’s miserable.

SO. I tried to make it very clear to the girls that I really did want to go out with them…but that if they weren’t going to dance. I was gonna leave.

And…

Oh…

My…

Dancing…

WE WENT NUTS. We literally tore that place in half. At first I grabbed Jennifer and Kacie B. and we headed straight of the dance floor. There weren’t that many people dancing (shocker) but the music was good enough and the girls were good enough at dancing that it didn’t matter!!! After a good 20-25 min of “cutting the rug” (my parents taught me that expression when I was 9 and we would have dance parties in our family room), we went back to the table…made some drinks and popped it off there the rest of the night.

Now…let me break it down a little bit:

First, I literally can’t say enough good things about these girls. They were LOADS of fun, sure they were a little wild, and crazy…most of which you don’t get to see on screen. But they were also incredible welcoming, warm, kind and so much fun to be around. I found out a few of them were from Chicago (where I grew up primarily) Erika, Rachel lived there. Jenna lives in NY and was a total sweetheart, very good at conversation, super mellow and easy to talk to. Samantha was all 6′s and 7′s, bouncing all over the place, like an attractive Cheri Oteri from SNL. Casey S. was stunning in person, very calm-spirited and always smiling. Rachel was hilarious! Always jabbing in comments about Ben or something that happened on the season, she laughed a ton and surprised me with how much personality she had!

Jaclyn was the wild child of the bunch, hahahahaha. I am smiling just thinking about all the things I can’t type. She was/is awesome! So much fun. Jennifer was someone I was immediately drawn too. Incredibly engaging, very outgoing, and the kind of person you want to be around and have fun with. Kacie was just how she seemed on the show, in person: soft spoken but very warm and endearing. It seemed to me like all the girls liked her the best. She was so sweet. Loved her.

And for me Emily was the best part of the night. We were super flirty for the first part of the night at Katsuya, didn’t dance that much at Drais, but were bouncing flirty looks at each other all night. She looked incredible, has a contagious smile and my only regret of the weekend was not getting more alone time with her.

After Drais, at 3am…(we closed the place down) we went to Mel’s Diner…ordered God knows what… ate it…laughed a TON MORE, swapped stories about behind the scenes stuff from Bachelor Pad, and their season. And ended with another round of hugs. WHEW…I’m tired just recalling everything.

To summarize… Ben lucked out. I was blown away by their energy, how kind and beautiful they ALL were. One of the best nights of my life. I would NOT turn down the chance to do that again…hahaha. Ladies if you are reading this, thank you for the best night I have had in Hollywood since I moved here. WHAOW!

1. so….when are u and emily getting married ;) lol

Comment by sara moy — March 5, 2012 @ 10:05 pm

2. You are just such a cutie! And, you deserve all the fun you can get into.

Comment by thetexastatas — March 5, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

3. You are awesome!!! Are you going to continue blogging during Emily’s season of the Bachelorette?

Comment by Esther — March 5, 2012 @ 10:36 pm

4. Michael, I thought about you tonight watching the show and hoping that you got to meet Emily, so glad you did! I hope that you two end up happy, even if it isnt together.. you were both, hands down, two of my favorite people from this franchise. I think it would be amazing if you ended up together. Good luck! ;)

Comment by Rebecca — March 5, 2012 @ 10:39 pm

5. Seems you like Emily the best..hope you and her can hook up and have more encounters. We will likely end up seeing a few of these girls again on the B-pad..i predict Kacie B-Blakely, Jenna for sure.

Comment by April Sutter — March 5, 2012 @ 11:59 pm

6. are you going to write about the show once you watch it?

Comment by Julie B — March 6, 2012 @ 4:31 am

7. I don’t know you or Emily, but I think I wrote last week, I could see you and Emily together. You both seem like good, intelligent individuals, and I wish you lots of luck!

Comment by Karyn — March 6, 2012 @ 5:39 am

8. Love you. Glad you had a blast with the girls.
    Could SO SEE YOU with Emily!
    Please don’t give up this blog.

Comment by Claudia — March 6, 2012 @ 6:43 am

9. Michael, if you DON’T hook up with Emily, please be the next Bachelor. My heart ached for you watching you and Holly on BP2 last summer, but you are one classy man, and at the end of the day, it was nice you and Holly could still be friends. I could totally see you with Emily..Ben is missing out on at least 5 great women from his season, probably more. But you, my friend, are even better than Ben, smarter too!, so please don’t give up on love. Think about being the next Bachelor…..PLEASE!

Comment by Gayle — March 6, 2012 @ 7:39 am

10. You must read the Los Angeles Times article about the “5 things we didn’t see at the WTA”. Wow, it was an act…Courtney spoke to a producers part way during her time on the show and said that ” she didn’t touch her hair once, aren’t you proud”, and then she said she couldn’t get emotional again, and the producer said she had to!!!

No one deserves to be treated as harshly as she has in the media, but she honestly doesn’t help herself.

The video interview with Ben was also interesting to watch. He is done with this! He has certainly felt what it is like to be at the top of the Bachelor heap, and now at the bottom. He soaked up the sympathy that the public gave him when Ashley rejected him, and did not treat her well in any interview. Now the media is biting back at him. I am sure he now feels a little sympathy for Ashley and what it is like to be scrutinized to the nth degree.

Ashley, and other Bachelorettes, was used and abused by this franchise, now Ben is. Why anyone would ever do this show after the way they have treated their last two leads is beyond me.

Comment by Jacquie — March 6, 2012 @ 8:20 am

11. epidemiologist who went to Duke and UNC…take that dentist. ;)

Comment by Susan :) — March 6, 2012 @ 10:17 am

12. As a Bethel alumna AND a volleyball coach, you have officially become my all-time favorite bachelor contestant!

Comment by Kylee — March 6, 2012 @ 10:20 am

13. You deserve everything Michael. Your charisma lights up your blogs, your pictures and comments on Twitter. You are the man. If I was younger, I’d fly to LA and …….

Comment by Sherry — March 6, 2012 @ 10:59 am

14. Michael, you deserve an Emily and vice versa! Keep in touch with her as much as you can…who know what will happen?

Comment by Jolene — March 6, 2012 @ 11:28 am

15. Due to all the media we already know Ben picked Courtney. And that one of Courtney’s reasons for coming on last night was to make good with Ben. I believe she doesn’t quite know how to be thruthful no matter what.

Comment by Dianne — March 6, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

16. you and emily = love.

Comment by jenn — March 6, 2012 @ 1:18 pm

17. seems silly to even comment on this, but I don’t see Emily and Michael together in a million years. Maybe Michael and Kacie B. though……….

Comment by April — March 6, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

18. Your so sweet and good natured. Glad you had fun!

Comment by Elizabeth — March 6, 2012 @ 3:01 pm

19. Hahaha, that sounds like a great Saturday night (much better than my last one, btw!). It’s great you got to meet some of the girls, and what’s even nicer is reading your opinions about them and realising they kinda match the ideas I’ve formed of them :)
    Happy you got to meet Emily :) here in Italy we say “if they’re roses they’ll blossom” not sure if it does makes sense in English, but still, I’d be happy to see that happen! ;)
    Looking forward to your finale recap now.. who’s it gonna be?!

Comment by ChiaraSacks — March 6, 2012 @ 3:44 pm

20. Michael ~ love this week’s blog and am SO glad you got to go out with the girls. Ben was an idiot; you’ve just met some of the great women he passed on. You’re already a Prince Charming (and have always been) ~ pull out that glass slipper, dust it off, think about the quality women you just met, and consider trying it on one of them to see if it fits (I’ll be secretly rooting for Kacie B. or Emily). You deserve a happily ever after. On a different note ~ went to your website and listened to your music; blew me away ~ and I’m in NashVegas (Nashville) and involved with some really talented people. You just went up a notch in my book, and I didn’t think that was possible.

Comment by Morgan — March 6, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

21. Stag your the man! You and emily seem so cute.. You guys should definately explore that :)
    These ten girls are SO lucky that they got to hang with you. Im sure you showed them a fun time!
    Ps. Bachelor pad 3 please?
    You rock stag!

Comment by Miki — March 6, 2012 @ 4:11 pm

22. You should definitely be the next bachelor! :)

Comment by Brittany — March 6, 2012 @ 4:35 pm

23. Michael, what a positive upbeat blog!! Kudos to you for your style (and i don’t mean fashion)
    So refreshing after reading very distasteful comments from a couple of female ‘bachelor bloggers.’
    Do yourself a big favor and say Buh bye TV Spot. It is so not the place for you.
    Keep up the excellent work

Comment by Jen — March 6, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

24. Wow ..everyone has there own opinion as to what to think .. and say on this .. some good some not so good… mine well it is clear one it is a show a show for us who view it but real for those who are in it . they all went on to win Bens heart.. that’s the object of the show , noone knew who was going to end up with Ben but they knew if they would like them or they would not have been on the show.. now with that being said.. its a show each and every one of them had to do what they thought was good for them to reach Ben to make Ben want them. no matter what it took alto i would have done a lil different i don’t see really what Courtney did that the others didn’t do except they did it in a pack she did it alone she went in with a plan to gain his heart and she followed through with it . the show is who will win his heart. and she did .. and it is clear that they really cared for each other from the start but he gave them a chance. so all in all like i said it was a show to see who could win a heart and she did it .. now it is up to them to make it work in the long run not us . people don’t like to loose and when they do they don’t loose alone ..so either be happy she did what she planed to do and except that all of them came on the show to do the same just they didn’t have a plan as good as hers .. she won let it go for god sake…

Comment by Sara — March 6, 2012 @ 10:47 pm

25. All I have to say is… “Whaow!” and good for you. Emily is adorable and they all seem like a great bunch of ladies.

Comment by emy — March 6, 2012 @ 11:38 pm

26. Courtney may have won but, how did she achieve this and for what purpose? Honesty/trust is foundation for a successful relationship. Courtney can make whatever excuses she likes for being nasty and mean to the girls but, what I find so wrong was her lying over and over again to Ben when he asked her about her issues with the girls. She misled him. It shows a total disrespect to Ben and that’s very sad and there’s no excuse for that.

Comment by Yinye — March 6, 2012 @ 11:51 pm

27. I noticed Ames is having a caption contest with one of the pics he posted on his twitter account. Hope u don’t mind my using ur space to mention it. Just figured you bachelor nation bloggers could come up the best ones because you guys have met him and your funny. Some of your followers can be pretty clever as well. thanks.

Comment by Shelagh — March 7, 2012 @ 4:39 am

28. aww so much fun! glad you got to meet emily!! You two are 2 of my favorites over all the seasons! It would be so awesome if you ended up together! I wish you both happiness wherever you end up! :) Great blog! I hope u continue to blog next season as well!

Comment by Courtney — March 7, 2012 @ 6:11 am

29. u can’t go wrong with us “Carolina Girls!!!”

Comment by Dana Doster — March 7, 2012 @ 2:22 pm

30. Ben Flajnik Cream Dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWt_DifczOM

Comment by andy — March 7, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

31. Michael, so thrilled to read from you every week! I am happy to hear that you did get to at least flirt with Emily. You are an amazing man and am so blessed to see you in a few weeks.

Comment by Naomi Futch — March 8, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

32. I am so happy for you Michael! I hope you and Emily end up together, because you are amazing and she seems amazing, so it would be PUR-FECT. Hahah, thanks for posting :)

Comment by Lily — March 11, 2012 @ 5:43 pm