Michael Stagliano: Episode 4

Salt Lake yields some “Salty Fakes.”

Wow! Shocker: I feel like I could write for 3 1/2 hours. But, sparing your sanity and mine I will, again, try to stay as brief as possible and end on a light note. Are you with me?

Then let’s go!

Our episode this week opens up with rolling hills, seemingly paint-brushed leaves and trees like the concept of Autumn was birthed in Park City, Utah. As I am sure you all were, I was stunned at how beautiful all of the scenery was on these dates. A potentially perfect backdrop for our first one-on-one with Rachel. From the start (and I realize you may think I am saying this in RESPONSE to the date, but I promise I wrote it down before the conclusion of it) it honestly looked like Ben and Rachel were two strangers on a Delta flight from Chicago O’Hare to LAX. They sat apart and made small observations about the tree’s and the sky and the clouds: I was waiting for a flight attendant do ask what they wanted to drink and hand Rachel a pack of peanuts. There was THAT much chemistry going on. So it was MUCH to my surprise that a kiss came out of the canoe ride on the lake. Though I must say, I saw this movie before The Notebook. Anyone else? No? I hate to lose my masculinity here, but minus the rain and a few thousand birds, the music and the lake sparkling, Ben rowing, you get it, The Notebook. But I digress.

I had to laugh a little at the verbal exchange in the boat though: I wrote down verbatim (keeping track of their sentences) “Nice, nice, pretty nice, refreshing, nice…” And then they KISSED. Now, I want to say that sometimes words don’t matter and all you can do with someone is kiss, ‘cause there is passion and heat and love going on! THIS was not that.

One, two, skip a few, Ben gives her the rose. That’s cool. I, for one, didn’t see any opening up and don’t have any warm fuzzies over Rachel. But she seems real enough, and kind enough, certainly don’t have anything bad to say. There’s just nothing great either.

Group Date: Fly Fishing. Though this is the equivalent of a Dancing With the Stars challenge being “The Chicken Dance.” It is outdoorsy and Lindzi is on the date so I am hooked (pun kind of intended) and I love fishing, so I was entertained.

For the most part the girls kind of waddle around like kids in “time out” in a candy store, where there is only one kind of candy and it’s Good & Plenty (remember those?). They are excited to be there, but it’s lack luster…so they deal.

OF COURSE, Courtney catches a fish. OF COURSE. But sure enough, she picks up that fish, wins Ben’s heart a little more, and leaves all of the girls squinting their eyes a little harder.

At night, Casey S. gets one-on-one time and I truthfully, had no idea there was a girl named Casey S. on the show.

Nicki and Ben have a really wonderful moment talking about “making it count,” which usually I can’t stomach, because talk like that produces a ton of clichés and eye-rolling cheesy comments. This was sweet and a small little moment that produces a kiss between them and I’m a fan.

Just as everyone is getting comfortable Samantha takes a crack at one-on-one time and comes in like a highly caffeinated Barbie off the short bus (that was mean, but yikes…this was brutal) and actually has the guts (or lack of brain cells) to say, “So like…I don’t get it, ‘cause like, I’ve been on only group dates, so like, what does that mean?” Unfortunately for Samantha, Nicki had LITERALLY JUST FINISHED saying how thankful she was for her group dates thus far. And I couldn’t think of a more profound 180 than having Samantha sit down and almost complain to Ben. Totally shocked, my mouth dropped every second Samantha said anything and completely supported Ben’s decision to send her home.

Two quick things:

1. Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it. Nicki: All group dates = A positive reaction. Samantha: All group dates = A negative reaction. Who goes home?

2. For those of us who don’t love confrontation, I think Ben manned up here in a bigger way then we have seen all season. I was totally convinced (again) that he is sincere in his reasons for doing this, and if he is not feeling it with a girl there is no reason for her to stay. So though it’s not a direct, “Flan-ick nack”… that was my moment for Ben this week where I became a fan of his all over again.

Maleficent, I mean Courtney, wraps the date up with a wonderful display of pouting and whining; she plays the victim card beautifully here and gets Ben to give up a Rose. Meanwhile, Kacie B. is about ready to throw out every swear word, her little Southern accent has heard to date. And a quick note on her: I like Kacie a lot. She is certainly in love with Ben (be it puppy love) more than the other girls, and I can totally empathize with her sadness and her heartache. But, it’s also part of what she signed up for, and while it is unfair to say, “she should have seen this coming,” I think it IS FAIR to say, bottle it up. Don’t let the process get in the way of having the time of your life! She is on The Bachelor! Sometimes I want to shake the girls and get them to realize, they need to SMILE, right? Every second they are on there, live up the adventure, drink too much, eat too much, laugh out loud, HAVE FUN. And yes, fall in love, but don’t get TOO wrapped in the love.

Back to the episode:

Jennifer has the other one-on-one. I’m totally blown away by Jennifer on this date. I think, like Ben, I wasn’t expecting to like her as much as I did by the end of their time together. But there is something incredibly warm and unabashed about her. I LOVED, LOVED what she said about finding love, just not the right person. How easy is it, to WANT love, and maybe go looking for it in the wrong places? She was with dude for 4 years and I have no doubt that she was in love, just not with the right person. SUCH a mature and impressive thing when she said, “he wasn’t going to ask me to marry him, so I left.”

She gets the rose and I’m all for it. She had the rain work for her, cause it might as well have been Chuck Berry coming down in Utah. Even I got turned on (In a PG Bachelor kind of way) towards the end of that date when they had to run in out of the rain. Anyone else just want them to go at it?

…And now for the Main Event!

In this corner weighing in at 85lbs (sorry, not funny but it works with the bit), to quote Emily: The “Vegan Raw, Doe-eyed Model…. Courtney!

And in this corner, a rapping MC, instead of putting water under the bridge…she climbs it: EMILY!

WOW…who was ready for this claw-tastic MELTDOWN?

SO much happened in such a short time it was hard to keep track.

Let’s reflect:

1. Emily spills the beans to an unfortunately confident Ben, who defends his lead horse unequivocally.
2. Emily goes in and tells the girls she did that. Oops.
3. Casey wastes no time, finds Courtney and tattle-tales.
4. Courtney produces some JAW dropping, self-unaware, GEMS of one-lines
a. Winning! (I’m sorry, if you said, or ever say the Charlie Sheen line “winning.” I’m seriously not joking, there is a 99% chance I won’t like you very much)
b. Is it not the DEFINITION of someone being unaware of themselves when they say: “I’m a nice person, don’t F*CK with me, I want to rip her head off and verbally assault her.” Do we remember that conversation starting with Courtney being SHOCKED that Emily would call her a “mean person?”
5. Courtney confronts Emily (kind of) and Emily lies right through her teeth and denies it all. We hear some ridiculous lines like:
a. You’re acting like a 10 year old. No you are. No you are.
b. You s**t in the hat (what does this mean?).
c. Now “you’re on the list.” (I know tons of “nice people” with lists in their pocket of people who wronged them.)

This whole thing wraps up at the Rose Ceremony when Emily gets the rose so both girls stay…BUT before WE end with it…lets break it down:

Do you tell? Do you NOT tell?

Honestly, both are right and both are wrong. Do I think Courtney is a she-devil? Yes. Do I want Ben to know that? Yes. Is it my job to tell him? No. Will he find out eventually? Yes. ALSO, IT ONLY makes YOU look bad to put down others. It’s why I feel bad even making little jabs at people in these blogs and why I try to not talk bad about people. Have you ever listened to someone rag on a friend, or co-worker and thought, “wow…this is making me like you more.” Nope.

Emily is bold, and means well in her actions to warn Ben about Courtney but it will NEVER play out well. Especially on The Bachelor, and I’d be willing to say in life. It never works out to tell. (Certainly there are varying circumstances: cheating, lying, stealing–you TELL, but not in this case.)

OK…as promised. I will finish on a light note.

I LOVE how Monica handled herself in her exit and though I can’t recall exactly how she said it, in the limo she said something along the lines of, “Getting hurt in love is one of the worst feelings in the world.”

I completely agree. You can feel sick: can’t eat, can’t sleep, can’t breath. Physical pain can be the result of love that leaves us in emotional pain.

And I smile at that. THAT fact, when THAT happens, it gives me hope. ‘Cause it is undeniable truth that the opposite is true as well – that when we do find love, it will be, and is, the BEST feeling in the world. You can feel healthy, you can eat, you can sleep, you can breath…but you do all of those things with a whole new meaning, new color, new zest… I would bet that more often than not, people get beat down by getting hurt in love. And, by all means, feel hurt, be sad, grieve, watch Sleepless in Seattle and eat a whole carton of ice cream. Promise me, and promise yourself if you feel that, if you face that, let it be undeniable proof that the opposite of that, the greatest gift in this world – hot, fire-works, jump-up and down LOVE is out there waiting to pick you back up.

I don’t mean to preach, and I don’t mean to act like I have it all figured out, not at all, I just want to give some hope. :)

Lastly, my manager told me to plug myself…which I hate…but I have to.

I’m playing shows in cities all over the U.S. and Canada, small acoustic shows on the Love Like This Tour. For dates and tickets, pictures and other stuff visit: www.michaelstaglianomusic.com. If you can make it out to a show, I would LOVE to give you a hug, share a smile and a picture.

As always, thank you for reading.

#lovelikethis:

LOVE

1. Never apologize for offering words of hope. That is what I love about your blog. I also love that you admit that the she-devil is playing Ben. If he doesn’t get it now, he never will and will get the much deserve life lesson he needs when he learns the hard way.

Comment by Ahhh — January 24, 2012 @ 6:10 pm

2. Hi! I’m from Brazil and just LOVE the show. I really like Ben, he seems such a nice guy… and it concerns me that he could end up with someone like Courtney. I mean, I don’t want to judge, (the show is edited!), but even most of the girls are feeling the same way about her… so that must mean something, right?
    Let’s hope he will make the right choise!

Your blog is so great, Michael! (I first “met” you watching BachPad 2!)

Comment by Thais — January 24, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

3. Hi! I’m from Brazil and just LOVE the show. I really like Ben, he seems such a nice guy… and concerns me that he could end up with someone like Courtney. I mean, I don’t want to judge, since the show is edited, but even most of the girls are feeling the same way about her… so that must mean something, right?
    Let’s hope he will make the right choise!

Loved your blog, Michael! (I first “met” you watching BachPad 2!)

Comment by Thais — January 24, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

4. “Maleficent, I mean Courtney” = genius. I laughed out loud at that one.

I love your insight and your ability to tell it like it is without being mean! Great blog, as always.

Comment by Deanna — January 24, 2012 @ 6:32 pm

5. So true about getting hurt and realizing that LOVE must feel like that, even better. From someone that was cheated on 2 month before my wedding and devastated, I know that there is LOVE out there if you are open to it. Thank you so much for being entertaining, but more than that, for being so transparent in sharing yourself as well. And to put out a plug for you… everyone needs to go to I-tunes and buy his new song “Find You”. It is my fave and now I can listen to it everywhere! Thank you Michael! #love

Comment by Angela — January 24, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

6. awww, sweet. good work.

Comment by krysty — January 24, 2012 @ 6:58 pm

7. I actually cannot stand you. I’ve really tried to like you, but I’m just put off by how sanctimonious your writing is and by your obvious attempts to remain in everyones good graces at all times. It’s exhausting to watch you constantly ingratiating yourself and alarming when some don’t recognize your carefully plotted press releases for the self promotion opportunities that they are. Please ABC, give us a break from the whiney drivel this so called ” guy ” puts out. Either that, or give him permission to come out of the closet!!

Comment by Jessie L — January 24, 2012 @ 7:09 pm

8. Love the truth and realness you bring out at the end. And how true it is. Heartbreak is devastating & even debilitating at times… But from it come compassion & soul searching & gratitude & a yearn for real love… And all of that gets to prepare us for the real deal. That’s pretty awesome.

Light note. Even Charlie Sheen admitted he was crazy in the “winning” phase. Oh Courtney. I hope they edited her and she’s as lovable as Michelle Money but depicted poorly.

Thanks for the blog:)

Comment by Angela — January 24, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

9. Ignore the mean comments people leave! Your blog is my favorite,

Comment by Katy — January 24, 2012 @ 8:02 pm

10. I despise Ben for how he treated Samantha and the girl he sent home in the middle of their conversation last week. It’s incredibly rude to dismiss people in public, and he just doesn’t care. I don’t trust him at all.

In addition, Michael, um, what is wrong with Samantha asking if there is something wrong, or why she hasn’t gone on other dates? Sounds like you like your women silent and submissive. UGH.

Comment by Allissa — January 24, 2012 @ 8:06 pm

11. Love your blog! I look forward to reading it every week.. keep writing!!!

Comment by Alison S — January 24, 2012 @ 9:02 pm

12. I have to say as cute as Lindzi is it concerns me that she was in a relationship with someone for so long and it ended with a text. I think this raises several red flags… One: Why would you stay with someone for that long if they a jerk(text break-up jerk) Two: Could she be one of those needy women(text break-up to avoid needy drama)? Interested to see how that plays out. Nikki and Kasey B great choices.

Comment by Michelle — January 24, 2012 @ 10:04 pm

13. Michael I think your amazing and I love you!!! Can I have a hug and a kiss!

Comment by Angie — January 24, 2012 @ 10:28 pm

14. Michael is it possible that Ben is thinking with his Thunder from Down Under when it comes to Courtney? Their first one on one date I had to fast forward through it because it was so boring and awkward to watch.
    On the lighter side…please tell me you’ll be coming out to the Central Valley in CA!?! I would personally love to meet you!!

Comment by Kellfu — January 24, 2012 @ 10:46 pm

15. bwa ha ha! I’m laughing like a mad man because one of the comments says they can’t stand you. Bitter party of one! Nice people exist! On a lighter note, I love what you say about the girls and Ben. You have me giggling while I read! Smooth plug btw!

Comment by JMonterroso — January 25, 2012 @ 12:10 am

16. Great Blog. What disappoints me most about this season, outside of the Courtney story, is the lack of romance. I like some of the moments with Kaci, Lindzi, and Jennifers dates, but the only really romantic moment was when Ben was reassuring Kacie on the group date this week.

Ashley and JP’s romance has spoiled us. I hope we get to see what most viewers really want, and that is a truely romantic connection.

Comment by Jacquie — January 25, 2012 @ 4:43 am

17. I don’t see sparks between Ben and anyone. Because he kisses just about EVERYONE! I wish Ames had been the bachelor.

Comment by Mel L — January 25, 2012 @ 8:57 am

18. Great Blog-right on point-I hope you find your one true love soon! My good friend is in the thick of just being ‘dumped’ and it is heartwrenching to watch! Rooting for all of you!

Comment by Mairead McLaughlin — January 25, 2012 @ 10:46 am

19. MICHAEL!!! I love your blogs–great balance of everything. Please come to Grand Rapids Michigan for a show!!! I would be there in a second! you are awesome!!!! lovelovelove!!

Comment by Andrea — January 25, 2012 @ 10:56 am

20. Really enjoyed reading your blog and your viewpoints were great!

Best wishes.

Comment by Janis — January 25, 2012 @ 11:31 am

21. Michael, I love reading your blog :) your words are always so inspirational and everytime I read them, I’m left smiling for hours on end! I live in South Africa, so we haven’t even seen this season of The Bachelor, our last season was Ali’s one, but I read the blog’s anyway because like I said, your words are inspirational :)

Keep it up!

Comment by Marina Cruickshank — January 25, 2012 @ 11:55 am

22. Since you tweeted about reading these comments, I have to write one! I wish I could “like” this blog multiple times, you have such great insight and I agreed with everything you said. Never apologize for heartfelt hopeful advice! Everyone needs to hear it whether they realize it or not. I have my fingers crossed for you that Lindzi is single when this is all over ;) Keep up the great work!

Comment by Amanda — January 25, 2012 @ 12:36 pm

23. While I do enjoy watching a good train wreck on TV and it is entertaining, I was hoping you may be able to help me? I am trying to track down the name of the lake that Ben took that little lady out in the canoe on? I really would like to hike to it this Summer and I can’t place exactly which lake it is. Can you help a girl out??

Comment by B. Thomas — January 25, 2012 @ 4:13 pm

24. When are you coming to MN?

Comment by Kristin — January 25, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

25. Some of these comments seriously crack me up. People are funny. Michael, you’re so sweet. And such a cheeseball…in an endearing way. You would be such a legit Bachelor. Please stay single long enough to be considered! That’s not too much to ask, right? Delay your personal happiness for the sake of the public’s viewing pleasure? Kthanks :) And officially every comment I’ve left you now has included pleading for you for the next season… As if you have control over it. I should probably find out who to actuallly petition for this. I sense a tweet coming on.

Comment by Sarah — January 25, 2012 @ 10:04 pm

26. I absolutely love the way you write, more and more every week. I honestly look forward to your blog as much as I look forward to a new episode of the Bachelor. Like, if next week you’d decided not to blog, it’d be half the fun spoiled for me!! :)
    Anyway, I agree with all you say. Still can’t stand Courtney, still love Kacie B. and Lindzi.. I think it sucked Courtney got the rose on the group date (I think it would have gone to Kacie otherwise, their one-on-one time was super sweet) but you gotta hand it to her, she played it well. I am starting to think maybe she is Ben’s final one (just based on watching, I have decided not to read any spoilers about it) and if that happens it may change my opinion on Ben (unless Courtney shows a different side to herself as the show goes on.. we’ll see. For the time being I can’t wait to see her go home!
    I didn’t see the whole Samantha situation coming, at all! I kinda liked her prior her stupid confrontation with Ben, seriously? Did you REALLY think going after him like that would give you a rose AND a one-on-one next week? Bless you.
    I was sorry to see Monica leave, I didn’t really care much for her until last night episode. She seemed nice and I am sorry she was hurt, it was really sad to see her in the back of the car, even though, as you pointed out what she said was really beautiful. I hope she finds happiness. Can’t wait to see what happens next week, it seems like another crazy one!

Comment by ChiaraSacks — January 26, 2012 @ 5:29 am

27. Oh, I almost forgot.. How about you come play for us in Europe? Or in Italy, to be more specific? I would soooo love that! :) #lovelikethis

Comment by ChiaraSacks — January 26, 2012 @ 5:31 am

28. Love your blog Michael…Ditto to all the nice things people have said about you and I HOPE YOU AND JILLIAN FALL IN LOVE!!!!!!!

Comment by Sherry — January 26, 2012 @ 7:32 am

29. Michael, this blog was great! Love the honesty, there’s nothing more important than that! I have to agree with Thais from Brazil…..alot of the show is edited to make girls seem alot worse than they are just like we all thought Shawntel’s appearance was going to be an ex girlfriend…but all in all Courtney’s comments are mean and harsh…I guess it’s kind of a “game” but its also a journey to finding true love and if your focus is so much on the other girls as is Emily’s you wont succeed in the journey of getting to know Ben. My absolute favorite is Kacie B, she is soooo cute, genuine, sweet, caring, mature and doesnt get involved in the drama in the house. She has a deep connection with Ben…you could spot their connection a mile away! I love it! As bad as it may sound I do get the impression that Ben likes Courtney for more of her looks that personality (thats just my opinion) Anways THANK YOU MICHAEL for sharing your thoughts with us, looking forward to next week! #LOVELIKETHIS TOUR HITS TORONTO APRIL 13TH—-> I’ll be there!!

Comment by Natalie Guerra — January 26, 2012 @ 7:48 am

30. The truth of the whole matter is, Roberto allowed Ali to save face, only and because … he could be rid of her. That was his most important factor in their split…that she would leave him alone. We love you Roberto. You will find a REAL woman. I PROMISE YOU.

Message BoardSearch
    General Board
    Roberto’s Heart
    1 of 6Jan 25, 9:50pm
    chachacha10

Member since: Dec 13, 2007
    Posts: 67
    Ali crushed and stomped on Roberto’s heart – the guy did not deserve this despicable treatment. Her People Magazine front page article was so unfair to him – I hope she enjoyed spending the funds she made from it! Any chance of reconciliation between these two was made difficult by her actions. Her reasons for their split almost did not make sense – not being able to decide what to do on weekends, and fighting over a wedding date? (Didn’t they have a wedding planner with ABC?). Maybe it’s a good thing they did not marry or have children – Ali would have bolted for the most ridiculous of reasons … Good luck with any future relationships Ali – you’ve got a lot to learn on how to treat people! You had everything, and you threw it away for public attention. Everything you said on the Bachelorette was a lie. It was always about money for you.
    Reply | Reply Quoted | Flag
    2 of 6Jan 25, 10:27pm
    bloodbathandbeyond_

Member since: Nov 5, 2011
    Posts: 8
    The end of that relationship is the best thing that ever happened to Roberto! Now he is finally free!
    Ali wanted Frank more anyway.
    Reply | Reply Quoted | Flag
    3 of 6Today, 12:23am
    anonymousone2u

Member since: Jun 11, 2011
    Posts: 288
    Who dumped who?
    Reply | Reply Quoted | Flag
    4 of 6Today, 12:43am
    OhPlease12

Member since: Jun 26, 2011
    Posts: 191
    bloodbathandbeyond_ said…
    Ali wanted Frank more anyway.

I totally agree, I always felt like Frank was the one Ali wanted. Initially Ali was extremely attracted to Roberto, but she seemed like she wanted someone outgoing and quirky, and Frank fit that bill, not Roberto. She was pretty upset when Frank left too. And, on the hometown dates, when she was in the boat, going to Frank’s house, she said it was most important to her to meet Frank’s family. I think if she and the producers had been honest, and she decided to pick no one, a train wreck could have been prevented.
    Reply | Reply Quoted | Flag
    5 of 6Today, 1:38am
    Onetwotreetree

Member since: Dec 14, 2010
    Posts: 7533
    ALicobra just spent hours at the Vegas Bachelor reunion….expect to see previews of them for next Bachelor Pad 3…..but Frank went back home to his girlie….Does anyone want Alicobra?….maybe to hump but that’s about all….
    Reply | Reply Quoted | Flag
    6 of 6Today, 6:08am
    7Strawberry7

Member since: Jan 26, 2012
    Posts: 2
    Always liked Ali until the breakup article – yep her reasons were lame and seemed fabricated.
    They should approach Roberto to be the next Bachelor……………..that would get the ratings to go up & they wouldn’t have to pull all their usual casting & editing tricks cuz he’s ONE FINE BACHELOR! Snce they r doing Bachelorette & Bachelor Pad 3 next, It’ll be next year by the time they have another Bachelor season, so poor Roberto will have had plenty of time to get over her.

Comment by Ali is a desperate attention whore — January 26, 2012 @ 9:48 am

31. P.S. I’m just grateful that Chris Lambton found Peyton Wright. These two are more beautiful than every rainbow on this planet.

Ali would have ruined Chris. Murdered his spirit. Brought him so far down in the gutter that his loving family might not have ever been able to revive his adorable being.

Ali will get hers. I can guarantee you she might be one the first in this bachelor franchise to commit suicide. Based on the fact that she is so phony she doesn’t even recognize who she was before the Bachelor.

WHATEVER

I doubt anyone even cares about Ali

p.s. nobody is jealous of her. I mean seriously, what is there to be jealous of? She HAD a job at facebook. Her ass is so flat she wont turnaround. I see no hunks trying to be with her. She is gonna end up a sad drunk like her mother that hit on Chris Lambton’s dad.

CAN WE ALL SPELL

F.A.I.L.U.R.E

Comment by Ali is a desperate attention whore — January 26, 2012 @ 9:54 am

32. If you come to Ottawa, ON, I will TOTALLY come see you :) Great blog. I love reading it :)

Comment by Hannah — January 26, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

33. Love the blog and your humor! You said you even feel bad with the little digs you give, which is endearing, but they make me laugh out loud every single time. I had to stop reading for a solid 3 minutes when I read the Malifecent comment to laugh….hysterically.

I’m so excited to hear about your shows! I really hope you are coming somewhere close to the STL, MO or Champaign/Springfield, Illinois area. I would really love to come see/ hear your music live. What I’ve heard so far I love!

Finally, I love your attitude about life and love. People need to hear those positive things and nobody likes a stick in the mud. I would much rather sit and listen to someone all day to someone who enjoys life no matter what they are facing, as opposed to someone that sits and complains all the time! Don’t listen to the ones that are trying to get you down. You are making a difference for a lot of people!

I would also love to hear about the little boy you were asking for prayers for not too long ago and your friends that were trying to bring him home!

Comment by Morgan — January 26, 2012 @ 1:50 pm

34. Come on now…I know it is in Utah…you have connections don’t you? Just a little name of a Lake in Utah…that’s all :)

Comment by B. Thomas — January 26, 2012 @ 3:59 pm

35. You likely didn’t intend it that way, but your “short bus” comment is very hurtful to individuals with special needs. Our daughter has autism and is one of the most kind and sincere people that I have ever met. She wants nothing more than to be included and given a chance to be a part of things and comments like yours are just so hurtful.

Comment by Jana — January 27, 2012 @ 8:41 pm

36. Pure. Comedy. I save my Friday nights to read this wonderful blogs and the ever-lasting comments. Not sure if you realize all the jumping around you do in your writing, but it’s actually pretty funny and great reading. Yes, the barbie off the short bus was a little over the edge.

Comment by elizabeth — January 28, 2012 @ 1:36 am

37. It’s better to make awareness about equality per Jana’s comment. I know you meant no harm.

Comment by elizabeth — January 28, 2012 @ 1:38 am

38. Really enjoy reading your blog- your words paint beautiful pictures!

Comment by Gina — January 30, 2012 @ 9:42 pm

39. You need to do a concert in Portland, or!! :)
    I love reading your blogs weekly!

Comment by Kayla — February 3, 2012 @ 9:20 am