MICHAEL STAGLIANO: EPISODE 9

The episode.

WOW… I am going to keep things brief, for two reasons.

1. Your boss is probably wondering what you’re doing (or not doing) for this long at your desk
2. Not much to discuss…right?

Nicki grabs the first (and her last) date with Ben. They cascade some BEAUTIFUL mountains in a helicopter…and I feel a little guilty for being bored by this but let’s face it…this is LITERALLY the 56th helicopter ride we have seen this season.

Nicki goes on and On and ON about how happy she is, she likes where their relationship is going, blah blee…bloo blooo…blooo. Ben doesn’t say anything… And I mean that….I think he actually doesn’t say ANYTHING in response…except…”this is beautiful” (about the mountains not Nicki…sad face) “Yep,” “Yes” and “Uh-huh.”

They find there way to the fantasy suite, trek a bit deeper into the house to find a hot tub. Make-out, make-out… Ben says in an interview that he can picture his life with Nicki and SCENE.

Did I miss anything?

I know I don’t think so either…

Lindzi snags date number 2. They do what I can only describe as the most boring way to get down a mountain on earth. I was so excited at first!!! I thought they were going to strap in, and jump down the mountain like FBI/SWAT agents do to the side of buildings right before they CRASH through a window and shoot 11 bad guys.

Instead they inched along, dropping at about 2ft per minute. It was a 300ft drop.

My hope was at some point, that Swiss guy wearing too much neon green would reach over, give a quick warning then cut Lindzi’s rope. In an incredibly Bachelor-oic display of heroism Ben would reach down at the last second, grab Lindzi by the wrist and lower her down to safety. His brow slick with sweat, bicep bulging, Lindzi (and our) hearts racing till she was safe.

Unfortunately the exact opposite happened and the just slowly inched down a rope for hundreds of feet.

Even less exciting was the fantasy suite. We kept hearing talk of how much Lindzi has opened up. Was it just me or did you guys not see ANY opening up AT ALL? Yes….we get it…we got it…. I know…. she broke up with a guy a year ago. Saying it a dozen times in one date doesn’t mean she opened up!

They make out… Ben closes the door…. end scene.

Courtney smiles her way up to Ben on the final one-on-one this week and they hop on a train having some surprisingly cute banter about the small town they visit… Stroodledoodle or something. They KIND OF talk about how mean Courtney has been. But the real can of worms gets opened during dinner. They talk it out. Courtney is actually convincing in how much she acknowledges her mistakes, she owns up to her immaturity, admits she would do things differently. And honestly…

I am done fighting this. At the end of the day Ben and Courtney really do seem in love, right? We have been saying this all season. And though we roll our eyes at it. There is NO CHEMISTRY even close to what is going on between B&C. Ben just does NOT look at the other girls or act how he does with Courtney, with the other girls. So again, I am done hating Courtney and I am done with not wanting him to pick her.

Courtney was almost kind of nice to watch this episode. Ben really does seems to care about her a LOT, and does seem to be in love with her. She obviously accepts the fantasy suite… They make out in a hot tub that a little person would think was tiny…and SCENE.

Enter: Preview of Emily’s season…Did anyone else feel like this was a breath of fresh air?

Emily looked great! Sounded great. It was fun seeing Ashley and Ali give her some advice, try on clothes, get make-up done, all to go watch Titanic. OH YEAH. Should be a good season : )

Fast-forward 9 minutes. Rose Ceremony. 2 Roses to give out. 3 girls standing.

Nicki gets the dump.

Can’t say I was surprised to be honest. She was just giving it out so much on the date, and I didn’t feel like Ben was giving it back at all. She says some incredibly sweet things like: “I just want you to be happy” and I think she means it. : )

She was such a lovable Bachelorette, and I think Ben would have picked well if he picked her. I am SURE she was heartbroken for a while and I will be anxious to see what she says on the WTA next week.

My thanks for reading every week. My love for posting the comments.

And my best to those of you still looking to find the love we all hear about in songs, watch in movies and read about it books.

If it wasn’t the best thing in the world, the one thing that is always worth fighting for that can move mountains, and bring us to our knees in tears (sometimes good sometimes bad). It wouldn’t be worth looking for.

Find your Love Like This:

LOVE

Always,

Michael
PS – Check back on thebachelor.tv Monday (3/5) after the Women Tell All airs for a very special blog about my Hollywood date with 10 girls from this season of The Bachelor!

1. LOVE your blogs!

Comment by Lisa — February 29, 2012 @ 1:20 pm

2. This was a quick but accurate description of what happened! Love reading your blogs every week Michael! You’re right about Courtney, there’s no point in continually fighting about her. She’s the only one who Ben said “I’m falling in love with you” to, it’s quite clear he loves her. And unfortunately, no one can do anything about it! The only thing that bothered me was that she was sorry because she thought what she said had affected her chances with Ben, she wasn’t sorry that she had hurt the other women! What’s done is done!

Can’t wait to read your special blog after the WTA!

Comment by Amelia — February 29, 2012 @ 1:22 pm

3. Michael, there’s a difference between there they’re and their. Please.

Comment by summer — February 29, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

4. I always look forward to reading your blogs. You are just too adorable. I agree completely with you statements about Courtney. It’s taxing to hate this girl every Monday night. Although it will be nice to have Courtney-detox after ATFR, I think too much Courtney has led me to subconsciously make weird faces when I’m surrounded by strangers.

On an unrelated note, I bought one of your songs on iTunes. I love it; keep making great music.

Comment by Natalia — February 29, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

5. I was glad to see you took the opportunity to meet up with Emily after the WTA.

I am glad he is going to end up with Courtney. As I’ve often said the winners are the girls who havent received a rose in the end. And I was infuriated more that Ben took all three girls to the fantasy suite when his mind is already made up. Supports my contention he is not there to find a lifelong mate, but to satisfy his boyhood ambitions to bed as many females as he can.

It will be interesting if after next weeks broadcast of the WTA, you are able to include some of what you were able to discover at the after taping. Plus perhaps a positive note to the potential of you and Emily.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Comment by Divrdwn41 — February 29, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

6. your blogs are so emoticoned out!

Comment by arj10 — February 29, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

7. LOL. Short and funny. Great post, Michael! I agree with you. While I wouldn’t want to be friends with someone Courtney, I do believe she and Ben have true feelings for each other.

Comment by Autumn — February 29, 2012 @ 2:39 pm

8. I love this so much. Michael, you need to be the next Bachelor. HEY ABC, ARE YOU HEARING WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING? Just go do a search on twitter (@michaelstag bachelor) and the general public is soooooooo in agreement. Would you do it? You have SO MUCH character, unlike someone who just ‘hmm’s’ and ‘uh-huh’s'-also I doubt you’d bed three ladies when you’re tryin to find ONE. Where’s the class and respect Ben?? Dummy. B&C deserve each other.

I know you’d make a killer bachelor, and you’d be there for the right reasons, and you’d actually be ENTERTAINING! Let’s bring LOVE back to the bachelor!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your blogs&music&replying to my tweets&most of all, for maintaining your integrity as a stand-up, class-act.

Comment by Isla24481 — February 29, 2012 @ 3:01 pm

9. The best thing about Ben and Lindzi’s date was that the sheets and pillows in the fantasy suite were black and gold! Steeler nation baby!!

Comment by Mindy — February 29, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

10. love, love, love!!! enough said!!!

Comment by Dana Doster — February 29, 2012 @ 3:30 pm

11. Ahh…Michael you didn’t touch on the return of Kacie B. I’m curious what you thought and what she warned Ben about Courtney. I thought Courtney was likable this episode and had only wished she could have been this way from the get-go.
    We haven’t really see Ben open up or get to know him at all this go around. Are we to assume he’s exactally the same since Ashley’s season? Very frustrated and watching Emily will be refreshing. I hope the producers don’t pull any stunts on her. She deserves some legit men to choose from and hopefully a drama-free season.
    Till next week…keep singing and lovin’ life!!

Comment by Kellfu — February 29, 2012 @ 3:41 pm

12. Let me just say that I was waiting and waiting for your blog to be posted…I seriously look forward to it so much every week. It makes my day:) Your sense of humor while still being sweet and classy is so great! You are such a genuinely good person and I admire that. I want to meet you! Come to Kansas! Pleeeeeeeeaaaassaseeee:)

Wish you the best! Thanks for being awesome.

Comment by Megan — February 29, 2012 @ 3:49 pm

13. Great blog! Couldn’t agree more about Courtney and Ben. I actually like her.

Comment by Jennifer — February 29, 2012 @ 4:01 pm

14. Great Blog as always Michael! I dont know if you have seen this..but gotta love Jimmy Kimmel – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoKATLCl5_Y&context=C3496e2dADOEgsToPDskLrytmU91Ch1RU7AZQ6odKt
    pretty amazingg

Comment by Susan :) — February 29, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

15. What did you think of Kacie B’s return!!!? as I watched the episode all I could think about was how excited I was to read this blog for your reaction! :)

Comment by Beth — February 29, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

16. Simply awesome! You couldnt do a better job on these blogs if you tried Michael! You always make me laugh! NYC in 2 days……IM SOOOO READY!!!!!! : )

Comment by Alyssa — February 29, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

17. You know when a song keeps running through your head because it’s catchy? That’s what happened to me and the song you wrote for Jillian and I was hating ya for it. Didn’t know you were on iTunes so thank summer for posting that because…sigh, I’ll be heading there soon.
    I guess many of us deserve a slap for being hypocritical for doing the same thing Courtney has done which is to make cold biting comments. yet I still don’t see how this relationship can work. Courtney is 28 years old in a heavily age-conscious profession. She probably was looking to settle down with a “normal”. “regular” guy who she thought would make a good father and husband but the way she went about it ruined it for her and Ben. She treated the process like it was a modelling contract she was vying for not the love and respect of another human being. This is probably why she armored herself with coldness. the tough bitch (don’t mess with me) posturing and tried to psych the other women out. Problem is the worldly Courtney knows exactly how to manipulate a guy to make him want her and it shows a lack of respect for him. If you were a man. how would you feel if someone showed you footage of your girlfriend talking about how she knew how to get what she wanted from you. boasting about how you played right into her hand and referring to you as a “good boy” for “listening”. Then realizing that this is why you’ve been marked with the labels “Dumb” or “Idiot” The foundation of this relationship is based on deceit and shallowness and it’s likely to crumble quickly. The harm to Ben has been to great. I feel sorry for him.

Comment by Shelagh — February 29, 2012 @ 5:40 pm

18. Hi Michael, you should’ve just blogged about your recent tours. Now THAT would be more interesting. Can’t wait for your WTA blog though!

Comment by Gigi — February 29, 2012 @ 6:04 pm

19. The Ben in this episode was the one I liked in the last season with the dentist. He was such a gentleman to Kacie. I just don’t see it with him and Lindzi. Who knows though; they may feel connected or whatever.

Courtney is there to be on TV as is most everyone that comes on the show. Oh well, I still watch these fake shows. She is probably not as bad as the impression of her we are all left with.

Comment by S — February 29, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

20. Love your blogs!! Can’t wait for the WTA blog!

Comment by Courtney — February 29, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

21. Great blog Michael. Thanks for sharing it. I agree Ben seems really into Courtney but I dont think Courtney is into Ben (except for the fact that he is The Bachelor…THAT’S ALL). She is waaaay to self centered and cruel with her biting remarks to truly care about another person.

Comment by Amanda — February 29, 2012 @ 8:21 pm

22. Really? I don’t know why people suddenly think Courtney is likable now that she is no longer surrounded by women that she can continuously make rude, inappropriate, snide, trite and simply nasty comments towards. The reason she is being “nice” is because there is no one for her to say mean things about…seriously? People are buying her BS? I mean, I actually don’t care if Ben ends up with her because frankly she was the only one he had eyes for from the VERY BEGINNING. It has become more and more obvious each week that he has no interest in the other women. She hasn’t changed, her surroundings have changed. She isn’t sorry, she regrets the fact that she has possibly damaged her chance of winning. She said it herself….should the other girls “bend over and take it up the tailpipe??” just because of her half-a** apology?? I say, no way.

Comment by aly — February 29, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

23. It’s true that Ben clearly has feelings for Courtney and has chosen not to listen to the warnings. I do think however, that he will end up regretting his choice. There were far better women for him but he made up his mind about Courtney about episode 1, and refused to see her for who she is, come hell or high water. He’s let some good women go, including Emily, because he has allowed himself to be “played” by Courtney. Such a shame. Such a wasted opportunity!!!

Comment by Ingrid — February 29, 2012 @ 9:29 pm

24. Mike, you don’t mention Kacie? Did you really look at Ben’s eyes when he spoke to her? It brought to my mind how often he mentioned her in the past, how comfortable he is when he’s with her… I bet that she is the one he chose with the last rose and to be his wife… Let’s see whether he can make that come true….

Comment by Lis — February 29, 2012 @ 10:05 pm

25. Your are hilarious…why weren’t you the Bachelor? It would have been a lot more entertaining and we’d root for you! It’s a throwaway at this point. Emily Obrien is long gone, and we are left with Courtney. I like Linzi, but don’t see it. I think Courtney has really fallen in love, while at first she was in a ruthless competition with the other women. The backlash cannot be fun for her.

Not watching the next Bachelorette. I don’t agree with the morals of Emily on the show. Her daughter’s dad passed away tragically. She should respect them both by dating privately. Who are these guys knowing her history and seeing her daughter that want to vie for her love on a show? Lots of slime balls is my guess. I’ll get off my soapbox now.

Comment by Joey — March 1, 2012 @ 12:25 am

26. No mention of Kacie B returning to look like a fool again? I was watching Kacie B on the Ellen show and she comes across as so entitled and full of it. Hate ppl who pretend to be so sweet and immature.

I mean, yes Courtney acted like an idiot but at least she’s there to confront these other girls and admit to it. No need to jump all over her. So trampy. Hate her!

Comment by Jenny — March 1, 2012 @ 2:08 am

27. I LOVE your blogs, Michael! :)
    It was a really boring episode, to be honest, I’m surprised I managed to get to end of it (while doing tons of other things lol)I am much more excited to see the WTA next week, although, I must admit that I’ve kinda changed my mind on Courtney as well.Or at least I am accepting that Ben will choose her and that saying they deserve each other doesn’t necessarily have a negavite meaning. Still, there were much nicer girls than her. Oh well, can’t wait for next week’s blog about your big date then! ;)

Comment by ChiaraSacks — March 1, 2012 @ 3:42 am

28. Big yawn of an episode. The only reason Courtney’s apologetic now is that she got caught (by Ben and by America). Had any of her actions not been of a concern to Ben (or not fed to him by producers), she wouldn’t have even noticed that her behavior was anything less than decent. Her remarks throughout the season weren’t funny at all (a la the verrrry funny Michelle Money, who was competitive but not mean spirited). Courtney’s remarks were mean, immature, manipulative and just not normal. A normal person would never say to Kacie “how’d that taste coming out of your mouth?”, or “Winning!” “Sayonara!”, and the complete lack of burying the hatchet after Emily’s apology. Ben’s not a very appealing Bachelor, he comes off as rude and insensitive, so I’m thinking more and more they deserve each other. The next Bachelor should be someone to actually root for and respect…ahem, ahem…Michael Stag??! ;)

Comment by Cathleen — March 1, 2012 @ 4:59 am

29. Loved reading your blog. You have quite the sense of humor and I looked forward to what you would blog next.
    You are awesome……….:)

Comment by Claudia — March 1, 2012 @ 5:25 am

30. Ben Flajnik cream dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWt_DifczOM

Comment by mike — March 1, 2012 @ 10:28 am

31. Great blog post as always, and I especially like the way you end your blog— always with a very optimistic view of love. You are awesome Michael, I really hope you find true love.

Comment by noreen — March 1, 2012 @ 11:19 am

32. I would love to see Bentley and Courtney together…right for each other…

Comment by Jenny — March 1, 2012 @ 1:22 pm

33. I found you blog a couple weeks ago, and I’m very glad I did. Since then, I have read your commentary rather than watching the actual episodes.
    I also took the time to check out your music site, and really liked what I heard. Lucky for me, you have a show a quick PATH ride away from me tomorrow night. I’ll be heading across the Hudson to check you out live (and maybe collect one of those hugs).

Comment by Kriss — March 1, 2012 @ 1:27 pm

34. Michael, Your views about love at the end of this post especially touched my heart. True love is bound to come your way, Just believe!! :)

Comment by Sharon Krywosa — March 1, 2012 @ 1:30 pm

35. First of all, you seem like such a wonderful person! You should be proud of the way you’ve always shown the world an intelligent, funny, talented person with a high degree of integrity!

I could see you with someone like Emily O’Brien. What do you think, Michael? She’s adorable, intelligent, tons of personality and I can just picture the two of you together….

Comment by karyn — March 1, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

36. Michael-I have never commented on one of these blogs before, but after watching you on bachelor, bachelor pad, and now reading your blog, I just want to tell you that I think you are a sweetie with such a great big heart!!! If you come to play near Boston, I will be there cheering you on!!!!–Susie

Comment by Susie — March 1, 2012 @ 6:18 pm

37. Great blog as always. I agree with you, lets all stop the hate towards Courtney, after all one of the biggest reasons we do not like her is because of being rude to the girls, so in reality, us being mean to her (weather she reads our comments or not) is a bit of an oxymoron, sometimes its people like Courtney that need love and understanding the most, in realizing this, I see Ben in a new light, I think he realizes that she may need to be handled with some gentler more, kid like gloves, more so then the other women, I have come to find that we deal with our insecurities in two different ways we either hide them or express our frustation with them by being rude to others.

Comment by Jamie — March 1, 2012 @ 10:29 pm

38. Jamie – You took the words out of my mouth – as did Michael : )

Comment by Jennifer — March 2, 2012 @ 5:36 pm

39. I will now and forever say this is NOT LOVE — THIS IS LUST. But now that her plan has backfired —Whuuu whoo everybody..CR IS CRYING VICTIM—SOUND FAMILIAR? WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND..as I have said so many times before – Are you getting this?

Comment by Cynthia Baker — March 3, 2012 @ 4:04 pm

40. you are hilarious sir

Comment by stephanie — March 5, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

41. Watched the Women tell all last night…I get it, it was hard to be in a house full of women, knowing that they ALL do not like you… But I think Courtney’s “Sorry, I’m just sorry” was not because she hurt so many women in the house and treated them like CRAP… But more I’m sorry I did it because now THE WORLD hates me and the media and Family and friends have been terrible to her because of it. If she could take it all back she would, but not because of how any of the girls felt, but because how she feels now that everyone is being critical of HER. Nice try Courtney…but I think they all felt the same way…

Micheal, LOVE you and Love your music!!!! Make your way to Sudbury Ontario :) . My friends and I would LOVE to see you!!!!! XOXOXO

Comment by Tracy — March 6, 2012 @ 6:29 am

42. I blog frequently and I genuinely appreciate your content.
    Your article has really peaked my interest. I am going to book mark your website
    and keep checking for new details about once per week. I opted in for your Feed too.

Comment by where to buy discount christian louboutin — January 8, 2013 @ 12:19 am