Michael Stagliano’s Bachelor Blog: Episode 4

What’s up Blog Friends… it makes me want to call you Frogs (Friend/Blog combined)… It doesn’t work though…

SO!  This episode felt a lot like that memory game, where dozens of tiles are face down, and they flip over one by one and you have to match them together.

By the end of the episode I was thinking, “What was that? Who was that? Wait Ashley H is gone? Where was Leslie M? Tierra got the ROSE!?!”  It was a Cluster-Truck of chaos… but, as always, I am thrilled to have you with me again this week… so we can dissect (that word is gross) it all together.

WHAOW!

Up first… you guessed it…  Shirtless Sean, walking around the Bachelor Pad (not to be confused with the summer-time mad house), he is hopeful (still) and this week he proclaims that he wants to gain the women’s trust???  He plans to do this by: by running a girl who is terrified of heights, up a cliff, giving a rose to the girl everyone hates, and dolling a girl up (Pretty Woman) just to send her home…. Eeshh…  I don’t know how much trust was gained, good sir?  More to come on that issue…

Selma gets the first one on one date, and it is an unexpected breath of fresh air.  I think everyone is immediately entranced by Selma, she has that exotic beauty about her, a killer smile, and she is a girly girl.  Lots to like. She and Sean hop in a jet, hop in a jeep and it seems like all is well, in Sean’s mind, in Selma’s mind…and then…. OOoooooh.  Not so much.

They arrive in…let’s be honest, the desert!  And we quickly learn they will be rock climbing up a mini-mountain.

Holy Hell (not to be confused with Holy Moly Batman… more on this later)… Selma was freaking out.  And sometimes on the show it seems like people kind of “fake-freak-out” with excitement, or nerves, or even happiness… But you could tell that Selma did NOT like heights, and was NOT excited to rock climb.  Truly, when she took her first step onto the rock… I was 100% sure she was going to get 10ft and start crying, or shaking, or both.

And much to my, and Sean and HER surprise… she…was….AWESOME.  She looked like a freakin’ natural, even leaving Sean behind her at a few points.  This made me incredibly impressed with Selma.  It was also a reminder about the magic behind this show, that really does exist.  We see it so often that I wonder if everyone gets desensitized to how incredible some of the dates are, and how special the guys or girls on the date feel when they finish something like rock climbing when they are terrified of heights.  So dope!

Moving on to the night portion of the date… I just LOVED the vibe.  Sure, it was in a trailer park. Sure, we immediately learn they isn’t going to be any kissing… But, honestly, I loved the chemistry between Sean and Selma and I thought the “No-Kissing-Zone” operated by Selma’s Mom, via satellite feed HELPED Selma on the date.  You always want what you can’t have… and though I had to question Selma’s decision to go on the show despite her parent’s obvious apprehension… There was something incredibly sweet, and endearing about Selma’s story, and while kissing is certainly a really good way to get to know someone romantically; Selma and Sean’s date was a reminder that just talking to each other can be equally as romantic.

Starlight, warmth of a blanket, next to a fire… the rose goes out…  A+ for that date.

The group date is going to involve another sport… and we all cringe after last week’s “athletic display” on the volleyball court.

Though it seems that this time at least one of the girls has done Roller Derby before, Amanda makes a claim to fame and announces her expertise to the rest of the gang.  They take the bait, and are intimated, while we suddenly learn that Amanda was…LYING… Ohhh…and the trumpets sound, the earthquakes (off camera)… as Amanda has thus, sealed her fate.

Fast forward to… I’m sorry… what I want to say is “practice” but other than skating around a slightly elevated grey and pink ramp… I don’t really know what else was going on.  Our heartstrings are pulled as Sarah struggled to stay balanced and feels like she doesn’t want to do it… How badly did you want to giver her a hug and tell her to get out there and whip that elbow pad right into Tierra’s face!!!  While Sarah shed’s some tears, Amanda takes a spill (the prophetic trumpets are validated)…and BASHES her chin on the ground!!!  (this will not be her only low point of the night).  I want to feel bad… I really do.  But I am unable to ignore the lie (yes, I know it was a joke…) and I am unable to forget those neon green rose-pedal-shoulder-pads from the other night… Good God.

Sean decides to cancel the game…because there are a lot of injuries and potential for injuries.

They change, hop in a limo…and spend the night at a rooftop pool.

Here is where the chaos ensues:

To start, there is a girl named Daniella on the show… Oh, hello!  How long have you been there?

Then, Tierra FLIPS HER LID when Robyn asks Sarah and Ashley about what happened with Amanda… she has a serious case of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) apparently, and a LOT of pent up aggression… in fact… this poor girl… is being… TORTURED!!!  All those free meals, limo rides and mansions… are TORTURING HER!!!!  Oh god…  I couldn’t even watch.

She storms off, says she wants to leave!!!  Bursts into tears, freaking out, can barely breath, super angry… squats in a corner… AND…

Enter Sean… All of a sudden, we see a light in her eyes, a smile on her face… “No no no”, she says, dreamily, “I’m here for you!”… she plays the victim card, and plays it well.  So well, in fact, that Sean leaves her (and leaves Lindsay stranded in a bikini…awkward) to go and get the rose.  Which he decides to take away in front of ALL the girls… OOOOOOOOOH!  That was hard to watch.  Right?!?

And that…… makes me not want to talk about the date anymore…

Argh.

So, moving on… After buckets of tears Ashley H FINALLY get’s her one on one date with Sean.  He/Neil Lane sends her some earrings… there are whispers of a Pretty Woman date, and Ashley is glowing!  She has the smile to match Julia Roberts, she looks the part… and I was honestly happy for her.

She had a few too many, “Holy Moly Batman’s”, and a high pitched cartoon-voiced, “HELLO!” and an “ABSOLUTELY”…and seriously… before they even got in the car I had a bad feeling about the date.

I know for a fact (as a guy) that Sean was NOT excited for this date.  Don’t get me wrong ladies, we DO get excited for surprises, and to treat our woman well… But we DO NOT LIKE SHOPPING…  As much I was happy (kind of) for Ashley, I felt so bad for Sean… son of a bitch that looked boring.

And look… I know I am going to get some heat for this, and I KNOW it’s The Bachelor and it is extravagant and over the top and that Ashley didn’t CHOOSE to go on the date she was BROUGHT on the date… I KNOW…

But I HAVE to say this… Rodeo Drive makes me sick, shopping and spending money carelessly, and diamonds, and earrings, and shoe’s and dresses…and things… just spending money on THINGS… I just can’t stomach that kind of stuff.  There are people right around the corner from Rodeo Drive and in this country that are homeless and starving…families who have next to nothing that scrape by month to month… I don’t know…  I just can’t watch someone be surrounded by THINGS, getting doted on, and not think of people less fortunate…  Oh god… I sound like a priest… Hahaha, and I don’t mean to… OK,…back to the show.

They make it to dinner… Ashley is BA-LINGED out…and to her credit, she really does look beautiful.  She is beaming, you can really tell that she is swept up in the fairy-tale and dinner seems like it is going to be a rinse and repeat of every one-on-one with Sean thus far.

Slowly, but surely… something happens… actually, to be more specific… nothing starts to happen.  And I agree with Sean.  I just was not seeing any romance there.  On paper, Ashley seems awesome, and genuine, and smart and caring… But if there isn’t that spark… you just can’t fake it.

Ashley does NOT get the rose, Sean walks her out, drops a rose off a balcony (Jason Mesnick was thinking, “I know how that guys feels”) and the date ends.

I feel bad for Ashley…she got dolled UP and let DOWN… but have to commend Sean on doing the hard thing, that was most certainly the right thing.

Back at the house it is cocktail party time.

Cliff notes:

1. WOW… Ashlee and Sean get some alone time and they were just about breaking the chemistry meter.  Ashlee will be there for awhile, huh?!?

2. After last week’s preview for THIS week, I was SO WORRIED that Robyn was going to actually try and use the “want a taste of chocolate” line and it was going to make me write her off completely… INSTEAD, she makes a joke out of it, and I LOVED it.  I thought it was cute, and fun and appropriate and her reaction after being kissed was one of the best moments this season… sup cute!

3. There is a half-hearted apology from Tierra to Robyn and Jackie. Blah Blee Bloo…

4. Where the hell has Leslie M been this episode!?!?

5. Catherine and Sean:  This was the definition of FORCING it for me.  She was being so aggressive, and the first 2 min of their conversation went something like this:

C: “I like you so much”

S: “I like you too”

C: “We have so much fun together”

S: ” I feel that way too:

C: “We never waste time”

S: “Nope, we don’t!”

C: “And we don’t waste time because…(looks around, confused)…because I like you SO much!”

S:  “I like you too”

C: “I want to KISS you!”

S: “I want to kiss you too”

C: “Because… I LIKE YOU SO MUCH!!!”

S: “There are girls over there.”

C: “Let’s go for a walk”

I literally disliked every single second of their conversation…

At the rose ceremony I was just about POSITIVE that Daniella was going home… Instead, Amanda gets the boot.  I don’t think this was a huge loss by any means… Though I did think it was strange that Sean walked her out… of the room, and just into the foyer and said goodbye there. Que?

WHEW!  See what I mean… A lot went down!  It was hard to sift through it all, but I am glad you joined me for another week’s recap!

Thanks for reading, hope you are having a good day so far, and if you aren’t…maybe, just maybe… this made you smile a little bit : )

Much love Bachelor Nation.

See you next week : )

1. Love the blog but the girl’s name on the pretty woman date was Leslie…not Ashley. :)

Comment by Danielle — January 30, 2013 @ 10:17 am

2. Love your blog Michael, but the girl on the pretty woman date was Leslie not Ashley. Haha I guess it shows how memorable she was… Poor girl

Comment by Steph — January 30, 2013 @ 10:17 am

3. Great blog!
    But the girl on the Pretty Woman date was called *Leslie* H. not Ashley H. :)

Comment by Jenn — January 30, 2013 @ 10:19 am

4. you keep calling the “pretty woman date” girl “Ashley”. it was totally Leslie. just saying. =)

Comment by Sarah — January 30, 2013 @ 10:25 am

5. and now i see others comments, and mine becomes redundant. sorry!

Comment by Sarah — January 30, 2013 @ 10:26 am

6. Sorry Michael, definitely not your best.
    1) Selma “no kissing” but has her boobs out…lets be serious, nothing “sweet” about her.
    2) Leslie was not cute or pretty at all. She was creepy and weird.
    3) Robyn’s chocolate comments make me never want to eat chocolate again
    4) Catherine and Sean was the opposite of forcing it. It was sweet, endearing, and just the nervous jitters of having a crush.

FAIL

Comment by Jess — January 30, 2013 @ 10:33 am

7. I agree with you about Catherine – I think she was all about just being sexually attractive. Saying “I want to kiss you” when getting the rose – seems manipulative and forcing it to me.

Comment by Sarah Whitney — January 30, 2013 @ 10:37 am

8. Sarah, I disagree with you. Catherine probably is one of the least manipulative in the group.

I also really like AshLee but I think she will just be way too boring for Sean.

Comment by Rose — January 30, 2013 @ 10:40 am

9. I think it is TOO funny that you were calling Leslie H “Ashley” the whole time you wrote about her date. This brings two things to light… a.) she was not memorable enough to get her name right (sad!), and b.) there have been approximately 3,457 Ashley’s on this show over the years! Hilarious.

(Also…sidenote: Leslie H was totally on another reality dating show over the summer…don’t remember the name…”Take Me Out” I think??? George Lopez hosted. Anyway, girlfriend clearly is looking for love in allll the wrong places. TV dating shows are not her thing!)

Once again Michael, great work! :)

Comment by Gina — January 30, 2013 @ 10:45 am

10. Great blog, Michael! As the others have already pointed out, it was Leslie H. on the date not Ashley H. Ashley H. has been gone a while now, I think.

Comment by Beth H — January 30, 2013 @ 10:47 am

11. Michael, your comments are so funny I love the way you write. I was so confused about who Ashley H was lol but it looks like some others helped you out with that ;)
    I thought Selma was really genuine and beautiful at first, but this date changed that for me. She had her boobs out the entire episode, was laying all over him the whole time asking for it, totally being a tease… And then she acts all modest? She just contradicts herself, it’s annoying.
    I really did like Catherine though. I think Leslie, Ashlee, Catherine and Sarah are my favorites for him.
    Thanks for the blog! I love reading them each week! :)

Comment by Shay — January 30, 2013 @ 10:57 am

12. Leslie H was so beautiful THAT YOU DON’T EVEN REMEMBER HER NAME. Tacky.

Comment by another Lesley — January 30, 2013 @ 11:13 am

13. Micheal, Well, bless you for your comments about people being into shopping for lots of things when “around the corner” people are “homeless and starving”—unfortunately only too true. These silly sluts don’t want to hear that of course….Ah well. Maybe some of you do have some depth..? :)

Comment by Maturesillyintellectual — January 30, 2013 @ 11:17 am

14. I just love you to pieces. And you are NOTHING like a priest.
    With that said I didn’t know who Daniella was either. I have no idea of where she came from, at all but was very surprised she got a rose. Not as shocked as I was that Sean gave a rose to Tierra. WTF. It was awful that Sarah was even put in that roller derby thing. Come on, really? But she handled herself with nothing but class.
    I like and respect that girl.
    Back to you. Guys hate shopping that much? Really????
    Looking forward to your next blog :)

Comment by Claudia — January 30, 2013 @ 11:22 am

15. Michael dont preach about people and money. Quite frankly you chose to partake in a silly show just for money when people are homeless. People have the right to shop for nice things if they have the money.

Comment by Kira — January 30, 2013 @ 11:24 am

16. Totally agree with you on the Rodeo Drive thing. Totally don’t agree with you on the Catherine thing. I thought it was really cute and sweet. What I’ve noticed is they keep showing her and Sean next to each other, hugging each other, but just little clips here and there. I think they have more there already than what we are seeing right now, and as he said, he thought she was putting him in the friend zone. Good job Catherine on stealing a moment with him, in not a creepy way!

Comment by Tiffany — January 30, 2013 @ 11:42 am

17. Obviously the Ashley vs. Leslie mistake has been pointed out. I haven’t quite decided if the Catherine interaction was awkward or giddy crush cute. Not enough sparks between AshLee and Sean – which is a shame because she’s so adorable! (But I don’t think she’ll have any trouble finding a date after the show!) And definitely thought Daniella (who?!) was going home – but then I realize they never really send girls home who don’t get a date. My theory is then they could claim it was unfair and blame the show for getting sent home after not having time with him. So Amanda was the obvious choice. Broken jaw and sent home? Bummer.

Comment by Kelli — January 30, 2013 @ 12:14 pm

18. Some comment I totally agree with I like catherine and sean and the reason u don’t see leslie h is because u keep calling her ashley H there is no ashley H that is leslie H

Comment by lydia duncan — January 30, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

19. I couldn’t agree with you more! It’s nice to see your views on Catherine as well because I feel the same way. I think she’s immature, annoying and she literally acts and talks like a child around him. It’s cute to be sweet and playful, but she really annoyed me Monday night. I adore AshLee. She seems so sweet and has an awesome story! I still like Des and I’ve started to really like Lindsay! I think she’s adorable, sweet, and clearly doesn’t take herself too seriously which is awesome. My four favs are Lindsay, AshLee, Des, and Lesley. Even though Selma was a walking contradiction, I thought he was hilarious and sweet!

Comment by Jill — January 30, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

20. You are totally right about the greed of shopping for these fancy “things” while people are starving. Anyone who disagrees is defending a greedy lifestyle. But you went on Bachelor pad, won $125,000 … how much went to charity? To be consistent with your philosophy (which is entirely correct), i hope you have used it to save lives and feed starving children.

Comment by Alex — January 30, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

21. I dont know how you think she is immature…. She seemed like one of the only ones who actually was like “I need to focus on Sean and not let Tierra overshadow that.” Yes she is a little giggly and girlish but that doesn’t make her immature. I think AshLee is way too old acting for him. Doesn’t seem like she could let loose to much. Selma contradicts herself and her “morals.” She doesnt like dating in open but her ex is John Lackey part animal, MLB player. Also check out her “model” shoots on youtube. I am SICK of Sarah and her crying. Yes, life dealt her a blow, but what did she expect. Her life is NEVER going to be as easy as others.

Comment by Bella — January 30, 2013 @ 12:44 pm

22. Wow…a lot of negative comments about Michael’s wiritings and opinions. Seems contradictory to read/comment on a blog if you don’t even like the writer. :)

Comment by Gina — January 30, 2013 @ 12:51 pm

23. I always love your blog, Michael. I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that Lesley (from D.C.) was missing until the rose ceremony!

Comment by Tracey — January 30, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

24. Haha your blog kills me! Everything you say is true I felt kinda bad for Amanda she falls hurts herself gets sent home Tierra falls Crys gets Sean haha sad love ya Stags ill be back next week! And your right about the homeless people have a great rest of the week!

Comment by Megan — January 30, 2013 @ 1:04 pm

25. Seriously laughed out loud when I read about your love of Amanda’s shoulder pads! Hahaha! I think I look forward to your blog more than I do the actual show.

Comment by ShaLane — January 30, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

26. Gina – oh my goodness, you’re right! I totally forgot about Leslie H being on the “Take Me Out dating show last year. Yeah I think she should maybe look for guys through friends or some other avenue, lol. Sweet & funny girl – she has a lot to offer, just wasn’t right for Sean.

Great recap, Michael! As always, you cracked me up and made me smile. Looking forward to your next blog.

Comment by Amanda — January 30, 2013 @ 1:50 pm

27. Awesome blog Michael! As always…made me smile! Love the way you write it! Have a great week! Can’t wait to read next week!

PS forget about all these negative people! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but wow people chill out! If u don’t like his blogs then don’t read them! Simple! Oh and about the Lesley mix up…I laughed! We all make mistakes. No worries! : )

Comment by Alyssa C — January 30, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

28. i love you

Comment by Claire, your wife — January 30, 2013 @ 2:46 pm

29. I think Catherine is adorable. That was very cute nervous crushing. I love in his own blog he acknowledged he feels like a nerd around her & if he is afraid SHE is putting him in “the friend zone” it means he likes her. We don’t see enough of these 2 just yet. I forgot that one girl was there too! Haha

Comment by Lydia — January 30, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

30. Love your blogs. I think your perspective of Sean and Selma’s date was a little clouded by the fact that you think she’s beautiful. The women seem to see it for what it was. She dressed provacatively and was all over him in the plane, but then wouldn’t kiss him. And being so disappointed about having a date in the dessert shows she’s high maintenance. She probably would have loved the rodeo drive date.

And how am I just now noticing that Catherine exists? I don’t remember any of their previous conversations. Don’t think she’ll go far.

Comment by Sarah O — January 30, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

31. Okay! A few things.
    Sorry, I really have to disagree about Selma. Maybe because I’m a girl. Don’t get me wrong, she seems sweet, but Sean going on about how great she was? But honestly I think he just finds her really attractive.
    Ahh I absolutely LOVE AshLee too. So genuine. She’s a sweetheart.
    I totally agree on Catherine! I loved her until she started talking to Sean. The conversation was so forced and fake-seeming. Maybe I need to wait for a one on one, but I don’t think they come close to his and Des’s chemistry. Which brings me to…
    Desiree! Still my fav. If she or Ashlee don’t end up with Sean, my vote is for one of them for the Bachelorette.

Comment by annie — January 30, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

32. Annie – totally agree with you! I thought Catherine was cute until their conversation last night. The whole sticking a piece of paper with a mark from her lips on her upper thigh for him to take was stupid. And she sounded like a 12 year old. All I remember was “I like you” and “you’re so attractive” and not much of a real conversation. I do think he likes her though so it should be interesting.
    I love Desiree. She’s genuine and I like Lindsay as well. I’d be happy with either Lindsay, Des, or AshLee as the bachelorette if one of them isn’t chosen in the end!

Comment by Meghan — January 30, 2013 @ 5:51 pm

33. As always…your blogs are the BEST!!

Comment by Dana Doster — January 30, 2013 @ 6:35 pm

34. I think Sean needs to go back to real life in Dallas and find a real person who doesn’t want to be on TV. Catherine bugs me so far, too. She seems infatuated, a surface kind of teeny bopper thing. I don’t picture her from what I’ve seen, as ready to hunker down. Maybe in her 30s, but not now. He seems like a genuinely good guy, he’ll meet his match one day, just don’t think it’ll happen on reality TV. Like your blog, Michael, Lincee and Some Guy’s blogs make me LOL at this show that’s such a guilty pleasure. ;)

Comment by Cathleen — January 30, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

35. I don’t like Cat&Sean’s coversation too, but their kiss looked the less awkward of all the kissed we’ve watched, so…it’s ok.
    This ep was not very interesting so I have nothing to say more.
    Although this blog is a little bit long but I still like it. (And I like the name Frogs hahahaha!)
    Love ya.

Comment by Lam — January 30, 2013 @ 7:33 pm

36. I agree with Alyssa and Gina.Ignore the negative people on here. If they don’t like you/your blog, they shouldn’t come and read it! Like I said before, I enjoyed it!

Comment by Beth H — January 30, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

37. Thanks for another good blog, Michael! You are so much more entertaining than most of the ex-Bach bloggers, and obviously have more brains, sensitivity and compassion.

Comment by jessie — January 31, 2013 @ 8:15 am

38. Can you go away? We all seen you for what you are from BP3… your a fake, and many people have pointed it out..you are hardly the nice guy you want to appear..I only wish you during Jillians season received the Courtney R and Teirra edit..you dirt bag!
    Ohh and Mike didnt win 125 K he split it 4 ways before the ending with Michel Money and her guy.. he took home around 60K… after taxes is around 38K 30% fed tax and 3% state tax…. Such a big jackpot..freakin looser… I prey your stupid music band dies off..no one wants your music in this age of near every ghetto person trying to get a hit…5 years from now I think we will all forget about you! I can only prey you scum bag! And thats for team Rachel!

Comment by Jackyln — January 31, 2013 @ 9:11 am

39. Love your blog!!! So funny & true!!!

Comment by Katie — January 31, 2013 @ 10:07 am

40. I also disagree with your perception of Selma. Breath of fresh air? I found her virtually unwatchable. I think your attraction or interest in Selma is based on her “hotness,” which is why you end up picking the wrong women and being attracted to women who cheat on you or whidch is based on sex alone.

Selma was disgusting. I didn’t need to see her boobs hanging out. She is a very pretty girl. Her style made her seem cheap. Plus that push up bra which made her boobs literally pop out of her shirt when Sean hugged her. Gross. Where’s the modesty.

She won’t kiss yet exposes the nation to on air sleaziness. I just don’t get it. Her conversation wasn’t too interesting either, but then bright women don’t act or dress like her. She seemed like a confused, attention seeking little girl.

Beyond finding her attractive, which she is, I don’t think Sean was that into her. She promotes herself through sex and yet withholds certain aspects of it. I guess her strategy is to get him hot and bothered, to make him chase and keep her.

As I said, silly, game playing little girl. Not impressed.

Comment by Fran — January 31, 2013 @ 12:22 pm

41. blaah bleeh blahh bloo made me miss ya. funny blog, der! xx jac

Comment by Jaclyn — January 31, 2013 @ 12:36 pm

42. Are you kidding me. Selma can’t kiss but can lay all over his lap and put forth her breasts!!

Catherine was scared, shy, and insecure about kissing on camera for the first time.

Typical of a male to get this all wrong.

Comment by Louise — January 31, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

43. I think you are such a great guy, but I disagree with you on a couple things, which rarely happens. It’s making me crazy that everyone dislikes Tierra. First of all let me point out that on the photo shoot group date Robin was talking major crap on Tierra “behind her back” where Tierra could hear her to her hairstylist. Tierra hasn’t done anything nearly as nasty. Robin is the bitch. Overhearing that was probably enough to make Tierra overly sensitive and untrusting, but all those girls hated her from the second she walked in the door with a rose on the first night. She was put in a hard position for the second she got there. She’s had t o be defensive from the very beginning.

Comment by Brin — January 31, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

44. I never comment on blogs but I had to for this one because I absolutely loved your comment about luxurious things. I’ve only experienced too much of that in my life, and its sad to say this, but people that are very well off that encounter the homeless everyday are almost immune to the problem that they’re facing. It’s truly tragic. And while I do think people do deserve nice things, there definitely is a limit and humanity could definitely do a lot better caring about those next to them.

okay, end rant. haha that just touched something I feel strongly about so I had to comment. Great blog, love reading your thoughts every week!

Comment by Sneha — January 31, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

45. Enjoyed reading your blog and agreee with you about Catherine. Not only does she seem immature, she seems to be someone who is not the person she portrays herself to be. IMO, she is not far behind Tierra. She just seems to go about it in a more childish immature way. The way she was going on about having such a crush on Sean and wanting to kiss him, and the little notes came across as something a grade school or high school girl would do and say.
    Of the girls left, Lesley M, Lindsay, Desiree, AshLee, and Selma are my favorites.

Comment by Cindi — February 1, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

46. Those of you who dont like Catherine, you might as well not watch any more episodes because she wins it all and is engaged to Sean

Comment by Sandy — February 1, 2013 @ 6:39 pm

47. Love you, love your blogs. You are a class act always. However, every time I read about “ashley H.” I thought of Ashley and JP, and had a hard time relating to your blog this week- too distracting. I agree, that Even as a woman, the “pretty woman” date bores me…It was awkward at best and who wants to watch people shopping- good god. .I see a little bit of a player in Selma- not so sweet and innocent, but she is likeable. Interesting perspective on Catherine from a guy’s perspective….to me she was pure cuteness. Thanks for the recap- I have always enjoyed your writing.

Comment by sarah — February 3, 2013 @ 9:22 am

48. LOL, Selma looked like a pro at that climbing. (Girls are finally learning, and putting what they would love to do as their biggest fear in a pre-show interview), I think she did fake her fear Michael.
    Selma became unavalilable and more attractive to Sean, but I have to agree with most of the comments: If you respect your parents’ supposedly strict opinions that much, then you don’t go on a tv show to find love, flaunt your hot body like that and have your hands all over Sean (why is kissing the big deal then?). Then again: is she there for love or fame or…?
    Selma is stunning and was my favorite from the beginning, but now I have my doubts about her and her sincerity (about going to the show).

I’m liking Ashlee better for each episode.

Also, sad not getting to see more of Leslie M. I like her too.

Tierra is good tv, so luckily she did not go home yet. I don’t seee her staying that long, even if Sean likes her. She creates too much drama, but I’ll miss her drama once Sean figures it out and sends her home.

I liked Catherine until she started having conversations with Sean, seems like it is too much focus on sexual chemistry from her all the time. Maybe I need to see her more, because in her interviews/conversations with girls I like her.

Desiree and Lindsay seem like they say whatever Sean would like to hear and Lindsay makes that baby voice… – annoying.

Sarah said she doesn’t want guys to think that to date a woman with a disability is more emotional, yet she seems to cry/complain about it too often. Maybe it’s the editing, but it has been a lot of focus on that.

I liked Leslie H, but as soon as I saw she would be going on a date, it was apparent Sean was told to bring a girl that there was a possibility he could send home. Until then he has just been handing out the roses.

Sad to see Amanda go, she she was growing on me and had a lot of funny lines in this episode. I think it was funny she pretended like she tried that skating thing before.

Comment by SJ — February 3, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

49. Stop saying, “dope”.

Comment by spellingnazi — February 3, 2013 @ 3:34 pm

50. jacklyn, have you ever considered therapy? It just might help with your anger management issues.

Comment by Lisa — February 4, 2013 @ 7:07 am

51. I generally learn something when i stop by here, Eric. Thanks!

Comment by Barbera Mihaly — December 2, 2013 @ 10:09 am