Michael Stagliano’s Bachelor Blog: WTA

Bachelor Nation… HOLY hell in a hand basket!

There is a lot to discuss this week. Before I start though I have some organizational preludes, and some general “comments” about the comments below the last two months. You with me?

OK! First, I am going to divide this blog up into chunks: Tierra, Sarah, Des, AshLee, The Finale. So if you want don’t have that much time at work, want to jump around, just scroll down and find your desired section. Cool?

Also, hahahaa. Oh where to start. As previously mentioned, I read every comment. Every one… there are no exceptions. In reading these comments the last two months I have noticed that after almost every blog one or two people write horrible, nasty, rude, inaccurate responses AIMED at me. A few things I want to say: These are the only comments I DON’T read in their entirety. I basically read a few words/lines, find out they are irrationally negative and move on to the next one. BUT, I have noticed that there are people who comment on those negative comments, and take time to defend me (appreciated : ))… but my message to those people defending me is… thank you!!!… but just let it go : ). Spend those minutes doing something else… 99% of the time… people that leave nasty comments are just looking for a response. Let’s not give them one! Cool?

OK!

WTA time.

Typically one of my favorite episodes of the season, this one fell a little bit short for me on the entertainment side… but, it was ahhhh k.

TIERRA

Oh Lord. The amount of things she said that were off-putting to me was hard to count. But, I’ll try and recap them all.

First, she got Botox, right? Bad start…

Second. There was a COMPLETE lack of ownership. Yes, I know at the end of her “hot seat” she apologized but did you LISTEN to the apology? She said, “I’m sorry YOU ALL felt that way”. Gross. For the record, that is not an apology.

Third, She IS ENGAGED! YAY! Or… Oh Nooo… or WHAT!?!. I don’t know. How weird was it when Chris asked her WHEN they got engaged and her response was, “No comment.” Then four seconds later she just blurted out, “January!” WHAT WAS THAT!?!?

Fourth, continuing with the WHAT?!?! I honestly, NOT EXAGGERATING, was concerned at one point that Tierra might have some kind of mental illness. Seriously, though. Pathological lying, or bipolar, or just flat out being delusional about reality, because JESUS…there were some things she said that just made her sound crazy. For example, there was a moment where she said… “I was attacked as soon as I walked in the house! And, all these girls just assumed I was there to NOT make friends…” Chris asked a question like, “Why not just be friendly?” and her response was, “BECAUSE I wasn’t there to make friends”. HAHAHAHA! WHAT!?! She also denied ever talking badly about any of the girls. When that was LITERALLY all she did when she wasn’t crying.

Oh gosh…in conclusion I’ll say this. I think Tierra truly has a skewed view of reality. I think she tricks her own mind into thinking whatever it wants…and HONESTLY, I BELIEVE HER when she says, “she doesn’t regret anything, or feel like she did anything wrong.” It takes a special kind of, unaware, selfish, conceited person to TRULY NOT have the ability to put yourself in other people’s shoes…and the WTA proved that Tierra is that rare breed of crazy. My thoughts and prayers to her fiancé.

SARAH

This was a dose of wonderful. Her time in the hot seat was honest, heart-felt…and in my opinion she did it without asking for a pity party. She said things like, “This was hard for all the girls not just me.” She was just heart broken, and reflective, and I really hope she becomes the next Bachelorette. She won my vote FOR SURE. I would be a little worried that she is too much of a softy and that it would be really hard for her to do. But, I think she would find Mr. Right, and I think all of America wants that for her.

Des

Well… I like Des! I really do. I think she is a healthy balance and fun and serious. She is humble, respectful, and appreciative… LOTS TO LOVE. But OOOOOoohhhhhh LORD. Her time in the hot seat was a snooze-fest. I don’t know if she was just nervous (which is totally understandable), but it felt like she was in autopilot. I think before the WTA she was my front-runner for Bachelorette…after watching it… I just don’t think it will be an entertaining season if she was the lead lady.

Not to mention her brother would be THE WORST person to have a conversation with at the end of the season. HOW THE HELL WOULD THAT GO DOWN? That is a GIANT red flag in my book. And I don’t think Sean was completely truthful in saying that is why Des went home. If I was in his shoes that would have GREATLY effected my decision to keep Des around. HOW could you ignore that?

She also seemed oddly agreeable with the things Sean said about why they broke up. Did you catch that? Sean looked at her and said, “I smile just looking at you, Des. You have this light about you, but ultimately I did what was best for both us.” After he said that Des was nodding and smiling!!! Like she totally agreed they wouldn’t have worked out… hmm? Yea struck me as odd.

AshLee

Oh gosh. This went almost exactly how I thought it was going to go. SUPER SERIOUS! Almost no smiling. Kind of vindictive. Desperate. HOLDING ON TO THE PAST. This girl has the exact same gravitational pull as an anchor!!! I just can’t imagine why someone would live their life SO focused on things in the past. It seriously saddens me just thinking about that.

Let’s break it down.

First, she tells us she walked away from Sean because she was blinded-sided and didn’t know what to say. And I got that. And I believe her. I think she was CRUSHED and thought that she was going to spend the rest of her life with Sean. I also completely agreed with what Sean about WHY he dumped her. In fact, it was almost verbatim what I commented on in my blog last week. Sean just NEVER had fun with her!!! There was ZERO “best-friendedness” going on. (Yes, I just a made up a word called best friendedness). My hope for AshLee was that watching the season back she would be able to realize, “WOW! I am WAY to serious all of the time!”…. INSTEAD, it seemed like why went the opposite direction and was super confrontational and acted like she had this HUGE grudge against Sean.

The “poster-child moment” for this was when she called Sean a frat-boy. And that’s where I started to get mad and lose my sympathy for AshLee. LOOK!!! It’s The Bachelor. There is kind of an understanding that Sean is GOING TO KISS a lot of girls, and DATE a lot of girls because that is the nature of the show. For AshLee to NOT UNDERSTAND that and accuse Sean of being a player was uncalled for, inaccurate and pretty freaking childish.

The whole, “You told me you had no-feelings for the other girls” thing… That sounded like a load of crap…for a few reasons. ONE… come on now people… We know that a) Sean is just NOT the kind of guy that would say that; b) he is not STUPID ENOUGH to say something like that; and c) if he DID say that it ABSOLUTELY would have aired!!! RIGHT!?!?

ARGH. AshLee took a GIANT step backwards for me. I really hope she is not the next Bachelorette… that would be a train ride to boring-town. Yea. She just really rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t understand being vindictive. I get she was hurt. I get she was sad. But, she was too much last night. Dislike.

NEXT WEEK.

Wow! Catherine and Lindsay, Lindsay and Catherine…. I mean… No brainer in my book. It is clearly Catherine. They are just about the perfect match for each other and I am excited to see them together during the After the Final Rose portion of the Finale. Lindsay is awesome, don’t get me wrong. I think she is just young, and bubbly, and flirty and doesn’t have the real meat and potatoes that Sean is looking for. It does seem like BOTH girls are incredibly invested. Tears will be shed and hearts will be broken…but thus is The Bachelor at the final leg of its journey. WHAOW!

Something kind of cool to offer this week!!! While it certainly seems fun for a lot of you to READ this re-cap blog every week. THIS WEEK you get the chance to WATCH it or LISTEN TO IT through a company called Afterbuzz TV. I went and filmed/recorded a re-cap of the WTA last night. And it is already available for you guys to watch. I cover a lot of the same stuff, but touched on some other things as well!!!

Check it out online at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUYG6zs_eDk

Or you can DL on your ipod/iphone/ipad… The Bachelor AfterBuzz TV AfterShow… the March 4th episode.

They play some of my music, we laugh a lot, re-cap the show. It’s was AWESOME!!!

As always, my love to you all. Thanks for stopping by to read. Leave a comment AND A QUESTION. Next week I am going to answer some questions in my blog. The re-cap for the finale is usually pretty boring… Only two girls, not a lot of material… So I am going to read and respond. Fire away! Ask about the show, behind the scenes, music, ANYTHING!

WHAOW!

1. Hi Michael,

Love you;love the blog! I wanted to ask… Will you marry me?

JK- I know you are recently engaged, and very happy, and I wanted to wish you congrats! She is a lucky lady!

My real question is: How does the interview/casting process work? Aside from submitting an application or video, what comes next? And do you know the deciding factors/qualifications to best get on the show?

Thanks!

Alicia

Comment by Alicia — March 5, 2013 @ 4:16 pm

2. “My thoughts and prayers to her fiance.” HA!!! Dying.

Ok… you say you read every comment. Which means, you must be reading this…right…now. IF that is true, how about a mention in your last blog next week?? Huh? Huh?!?! I’m sure you get thousands of tweets and comments on Instagram a day, but you have responded to a few of my tweets before so I KNOW you can do it.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

I dare you.

Man, this is fun!

#lovelikethis

Comment by Gina — March 5, 2013 @ 4:23 pm

3. Also… just to clarify… “how about a mention in your last blog next week?” WAS my question. :) You said to ask questions…

Comment by Gina — March 5, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

4. My amateur psychologist diagnosis for Tierra is Narcissism. I have a family member like that, who has never in her life said she was wrong or sorry. She is simple incapable of understanding how her actions hurt others. Just cannot do it. None of her kids talk to her anymore. This type of person is more pitiful than a person who knows they hurt others, but do it anyway.

I enjoy your blog very much, best wishes for a great week. Time to check out your video episode summary!

Comment by Melanie — March 5, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

5. Love your blog as always! My question is, in your opinion, where is the hardest spot to leave The Bachelor/Bachelorette? i.e. runner up, 3rd, 4th, 1st, etc… Obviously everyone is going to have a different take on it, but I wanted the opinion of someone who has been on the show. As a viewer, I think the hardest point to go home would either be after hometowns or right before the finale. Thanks!! :)

Comment by Amy — March 5, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

6. Ashlee said he said that in the one on one time on the overnight date, and I totally believe that he inappropriately reassured her. My guess is that she forgot the exact wording, and it probably wasn’t as clear to her as he meant it to be.

Do you think there is a chance they will just pull from a new crop for the next Bachelor/ette? I don’t think there are any good enough ladies for the next crop.

Comment by GLink — March 5, 2013 @ 4:42 pm

7. Michael

re; AshLey…My impression was that Sean said that to get her to do things in the Fantasy Suite.

I agree he doesn’t have feelings for any of the girls. I think he concluded…he was just going to have fun and then break up. Who better than Catherine to spend time with?

I also agree with your perception of DES, almost like the tearful goodbye was done for affect or at producer request to help her become the next Bachelorette.

Ummm, but I don’t think it was IMMATURE of Ash to call Sean a frat boy. It is not normal to join a harem. OK, it may be the premise of the show, but people have feelings and to see a man you have feelings for be with another woman is devastating and hurtful.

Even now Sean is planning to propose to one person while saying he is equally attracted to both. Huh? He treats all the women equally and feeds them the same lines. He clearly led Ash on. He also was pretty sexual with Selma — granted she offered herself on a platter, but a good man wouldn’t have acted as he did.

This is a sleazy show and people who can’t handle it probably shouldn’t participate. But I do seem to recall that you were pretty broken up over Jillian too:)

Comment by Kate — March 5, 2013 @ 4:43 pm

8. Also, I agree with you on Des, but more than boring, I found her arrogant, along the lines of “I know I am going to be the celebrity and the next star of this show and need to hold myself above others, in true celebrity status.”

She changed, even looked uglier. During the Bachelor, her eyes sparkled, she seemed real. On the WTA, she looked like she had starved herself to some skinny, feminine ideal (her face seemed a bit less full, more sunken in) and was aloof and cool acting vs. the warm, lively expressive person she was on the show. Kind of like she is trying to be cool, smart, and strategic like Emily Miller.

I can’t see guys being into her.

Comment by Kate — March 5, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

9. Sorry..Emily Maynard not Miller lol

Comment by Kate — March 5, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

10. Hi Michael! I love your blog! My question is do you think the bachelors/bachelorettes know who they are going to choose or at least the top 4 way early on? And do the producers influence who they send home?

Comment by Heather — March 5, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

11. I have to disagree with a lot of the commenters. I thought AshLee came across as CrAzY! I agree with Michael’s assessment regarding her. I don’t think Sean did anything wrong in trying to reassure the women in their relationships. He has too. My hope is for Des to be the next Bachelorette though. I don’t think she’d be boring. I have a feeling she acted like she did last night because she actually is the next Bachelorette.

Comment by Michelle — March 5, 2013 @ 5:35 pm

12. Ahslee needs a shrink to work on her issues asap and better Bikini tops.

ABC won’t always be there to digitally cover up her boobs, as was the case during her post cave beach kiss.

Comment by just a guy — March 5, 2013 @ 5:38 pm

13. Michael,

I really liked your take on the women and how they portrayed themselves at the WTA. I think you were spot on with Ashlee. No matter if something was said or not she was out of line and came off really badly last night. I know people will be there and hate on Sean and say she was right to tell him off, but I think it was better if she walked away with her head held high and not coming off as crazy. If she “moved on” why was she harping on it? Pathetic, especially for a 32 year old…

Comment by Emma — March 5, 2013 @ 5:41 pm

14. Fun blog, Micheal! I am a mature woman ( old enough to be your mother no doubt) and so I wonder if this is a genrational thing: How can the girls really believe they are ” falling in love” with the same guy? Can they think he is a “soulmate” to several at once? So here’s my question: Is there alot of impromptu acting on this show? I know it’s supposedly not “scripted” but that does not preclude acting…so..?

Comment by Maturesillyintellectual — March 5, 2013 @ 6:01 pm

15. Have read a few articles about the WTA, and I don’t think Ashlee was lying. We all know that even the nicest of guys can get a bit…ahem…forgetful about things they’ve said in the heat of the moment, and I’d imagine the forgetfulness turns into full on amnesia if their new fiancee is watching from the sidelines.

There was an article in the LA Times (“10 things you didn’t see on women tell all”) that talked about Ashlee having kept a journal during her time on the show and that she’d even written things down after the fantasy suite evening. It also said that every journalist who was backstage during the WTA, including Chris Harrison, believed Ashlee and not Sean.

I don’t doubt Sean’s a good guy, but he’s human, and he’s a guy. And when the blood starts flowing from the big head to the small one, they sometimes have a tendency to says things they only mean AT THAT MOMENT. It was pretty obvious to me during the rose ceremony that something happened or was said in the fantasy suite that caused Ashlee to believe she would be the last woman standing. All the WTA did was reveal what that thing was.

Comment by V — March 5, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

16. Thank you. I got tired of AshLee’s boobs. So cheap how some women have to flop them out all over the place.

Comment by To Just a Guy — March 5, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

17. For Des, I got the feeling that she wasn’t over him. Or maybe she was just flustered by his presence. That’s what I got from the smiling and being agreeable. I would still love to see more of her.
    With her brother, I think someone who liked her for her wouldn’t let her brother get to them. And…I don’t know…everyone’s so quick to judge but I just think we might’ve seen just one side of him. And also, I mean, Sean did say he was “crazy” about like 10 girls. Not saying he’s a fraud, just saying the brother wasn’t evil to see the crazy in the process.
    The finale! I completely agree. I don’t see why Sean is at all split by this, it’s obviously Catherine.

Comment by annie — March 5, 2013 @ 6:39 pm

18. I completely agree that this was not the best WTA. There was a lot of harping on Tierra (with stuff everyone had already said) and I wish they would have focused on other girls from the season.
    That being said, I thought the same thing about Des and Sean’s interaction–so complacent and amicable…and odd. Perhaps there’s more that lies ahead in the finale.

A question for ya: In the Bachelor(ette) house, do the contestants talk to each other about feelings for the one they are dating? I realize they divulge info about dates and such, but how in depth to discussions go relating to the Bachelor(ette)? I feel like that may be awkward dinner conversation.

Comment by Leila — March 5, 2013 @ 6:59 pm

19. Michael!!

I love your blogs! I think Des responded that way because maybe she already knows she’s the next bachelorette? Maybe that’s why she acted like she totally agreed with Sean. I would not want to face her brother at the end either, but I also would not want to be judged based on my brother!

Who do you think should be the next bachelorette?

My theory on Ashlee is that she had a dream where Sean said that to her and it seemed real. Her accusation just made no sense based on who I thought she was and who I believe Sean is.

Hope you’re having a great week!

Mo

Comment by Mo — March 5, 2013 @ 7:31 pm

20. Hi Michael!! Your blog is fun to read.

My question is this: Of the past cast members of the show, which girl would you love to see have her own season of the bachelorette, and which guy should be the bachelor? Why?

Comment by Rebecca — March 5, 2013 @ 9:12 pm

21. I agree that Ashlee generally does need to deal w her childhood and move on, but discussing her “past” w Sean (what he did/did not say when cameras were off) does not really fall into that category IMO since its the nature of WTA. Chris Harrison was asking for her perspective.

But yes Stag, you definitely called it last week. She’s way too serious and Sean is looking for someone to have fun with. He made the right call. I hate to say it bc she was my early fav.

Congrats on your engagement! Guess that means you’re not the next Bach. Shes a lucky girl!!

Comment by Dallas — March 5, 2013 @ 9:15 pm

22. Hi Michael,

Thanks for the blogs all season long. They have been great. Funny, lighthearted, yet incisive. Perfection.

I agree Des’ portion of the WTA was super boring. I almost fast forwarded through it.
    As for the finale, Catherine is a pretty safe bet. I feel like I still don’t even know anything about Lindsay, and that’s fine because she probably won’t be picked. Catherine is clearly the best match for Sean and I hope that if they are together, they stay together and have a happy life; they deserve it.

Question:
    How much contact is there between the producers/directors/Chris Harrison and the Bachelor/Bachelorette concerning what is happening with the women/men of the house? They knew everything that is going on in the house but don’t communicate it to the Bachelor/Bachelorette. For example, on Ashley Hebert (now Rosenbaum)’s season Bentley said things along the lines of “I don’t even like Ashley,” to the camera. I understand that the show was about Ashley’s quest for love, but why wouldn’t someone pull her aside and say, “Hey, this guy kind of sucks.”

Comment by Hilary — March 5, 2013 @ 9:16 pm

23. since you claim you read all comments, let’s test this theory.
    hi michael

Comment by christine — March 5, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

24. I agreed with everything you said, except on the AshLee part, you could see Sean’s face like oh oh I got caught! I think he did say it, also I think he said it to all the 3 girls, he might not had say it in a mean way but maybe in the middle of making out it just slipped, but his face betrayed him for sure. You are great and love your blog and I know guys almost always stick together, thats fine, but Sean’s face for sure looked guilty hahahaha. Nice to read u

XOXO

Comment by Cris — March 5, 2013 @ 11:06 pm

25. Oh Michael.. I just love you! I like the way you observe things and express yourself. And how the hell do you always say the right thing?! Congrats for your engagement, she’s a lucky girl, if you’ve got any single friends, possibly similar to your personality, I accept phone numbers in responds :D

Anywaaay, I agree with you on him choosing Catherine, you HAVE to have fun in a relationship, it’s important. How did you know Emily was the one so quick? What do you think it’s in the letter in the finals? Thank you so much for your blog, you are very appreciated!

Comment by Martina Bubnjevic — March 6, 2013 @ 12:22 am

26. Thanks for the great blog as always. I also (like the last comment) think Ashlee brought up something I was noticing too – Sean goes way overboard in what he says to the women – in fact I can totally see him saying that. He practically told every woman he was crazy about her. I think the problem is that Bachelor is put in a position to lead the women on and Sean went overboard and gave her false hope. I think she has a right to call him on that. I don’t think she was being mean, I think she was hurt. Thanks for your kind blog, love reading it!

Comment by Arch — March 6, 2013 @ 12:30 am

27. I think Arie said it best in his blog on HOllywood Life regarding the AshLee situation. “You hear what you want to hear”. Arie admitted that he too, did the same thing when on the show with Emily.

I also feel that the lead has to encourage the girls/guys, so I am sure that he wanted to make AshLee feel special. AshLee should have been more mature and not made such a big deal out of it. Des and Sarah showed so much more class when they were given a chance to talk and discuss their feelings.

So my question is: There appears to be a letter given to Sean by Catherine at the final rose ceremony, and Fleiss tweeted the other night that this letter causes a chain reaction that continues on ATFR show.I think Catherine said she would marry him right away, and think they have a little ceremony on ATFR. What do you think?

Comment by Louise — March 6, 2013 @ 4:43 am

28. Great thoughts and I agree!I just think your fiance is much more interesting ;-)
    I was so sad when Emily locked her twitter again, but luckily she allowed me to follow her! YAY! My reason for wanting this is just that I really like her type and like to see her pictures for fashion ideas, how she does her hair and when she tweets about working out – I want to workout! She kind of inspires me – not in a I-want-to-be-just-like-her creepy way though!I like being me, I just think she is so beatiful! She probably don’t have time, but she should start a blog!

My qustion for your next blog is; What can we know about Emily – and your future? I understand some things are private so whatever you want to share!
    Also, I would really like to know how many hours per. week Emily works out and her eating habits… I guess thats weird, but I do! Hey some people want to know these things about famous people and I just want to know about Emily ;-) Have a great week Michael ;-)

Comment by Josefine — March 6, 2013 @ 5:34 am

29. Love what you did with the blog and love what you said about the negative comments. Just love you as a person!
    Didn’t buy what AshLee said about Sean at all. Feel like she really did damage to herself with saying that as Sean would not have said that. About anyone let alone the last two girls. I thought AshLee was way too serious for him and felt her pain when she didn’t get the rose but this was just not a nice way of dealing with it.
    I think Des was just nervous and dealing with the aftermath but still feel like she would be a great Bachelorette. So I do disagree with you there. Love Sarah. That girl tugs all our hearts.
    Great blog as always Michael. You really are a great guy.

Comment by Claudia — March 6, 2013 @ 6:46 am

30. I think the comment in question was supposedly made in the Fantasy Suite–that is why whether it air or did not air wasn’t a question! It was in private. At least, that is what I gathered from it!

Comment by Sarah — March 6, 2013 @ 6:49 am

31. Great blog as usual Michael!

Tierra-ble was on fire for sure, and I think alot can be attributed to the fact that she’s super immature, and has been told she’s God’s gift to the universe by her mommy and daddy her whole life! Even the explination of her ‘sparkle’ makes me think her parents still reassure her daily that she’s perfect, instead of the obnoxious, rude, self-centred person she actually appears to be!

AshLee – everyone keeps saying that she’s telling the truth, that her journal even said so… again, that’s HER understanding and perspective of what was actually being said to her by Sean! I fully believe he was discussing the future and how things would be when they were together… he was NOT saying she was it for him and that he was going to propose! Like Chris H said – you have to discuss the future, and what that might look like with each girl during this process – especially this far along! What’s crazy is to think that AshLee would honestly walk away from a conversation/night with Sean and truly believe she knows him better than anyone, and believe that he would be the kind of guy to have 3 women still hanging around had he already decided in his heart who was going to be his wife. Blah! She exhausted me… OH and can we touch for a quick moment on how she changed from Southern OCD Belle to wannabe-gangsta-getto-fabulous in the way she jumped at the chance to fight with Tierra and Sean!? Umm, bi-polar?!

Question for your blog next week – without the help of a reality tv show – what is your best advice on how to meet other singles? This single girl feels like she’s tried just about everything! :)

Thanks Michael, OH and super-congrats on finding your happy ending! You’ve been a favorite since Jillian’s season and it’s wonderful to see you find her!
    Jenn

Comment by Jen — March 6, 2013 @ 7:35 am

32. Hey Michael! Love the blog as always. I agree with most of your thoughts. Definitely think Des acted the way she did because she either is or hoping to be the next Bachelorette. I feel like that happens every season. The person who is going to be the lead the following season is very agreeable and super positive. But in the same breath, I would love her for the next Bachelorette. I’m kinda sad her brother would be a deal breaker for you. So happy my hubby didn’t feel the same way because I have several crazies in my family and if I know one thing it’s that you can’t control other people’s actions and choices. Obviously it’s ideal to have wonderful in-laws but just because your family has some questionable members shouldn’t make you untouchable. Anyway, would love if the next Bachelorette was Sara as well!

Comment by Angela — March 6, 2013 @ 7:43 am

33. Thank you for putting the right word on Des’ time in the hot seat: boring. I feel like that would translate into her time as a Bach’ette. I’m not sure if I feel that Des could carry a season of her own. I mean I’ll probably watch anyway (man-drama!), but I think Lesley’s snarky humor would be more interesting!

I wonder why they have never considered doing a dual Bachelor/ette season — like have the 25 contestants, but then have both Des and Lesley as dual Bachelorettes. It seems more likely that love might be
    found, as the men double their chances of finding a girl attractive, interesting, etc. It would also add drama as not only the men competed but perhaps even the Bachelorettes against each other for the same guy(s)? I’m sure it’s come up before, perhaps with an obstacle I haven’t thought of. Just thought it would be interesting!

People have been asking really great questions! I guess I don’t have one but I look forward to your responses!

Comment by Deni — March 6, 2013 @ 8:03 am

34. Your blog is the highlight of my workweek! :) Thanks for being so honest and hilarious!

My question is this – would yous till be able to watch Bachelorette if Tierra was the Bachelorette? Or would it be to unbearable?

Comment by Katie — March 6, 2013 @ 8:31 am

35. Sup Stag?
    Loving the blog every week, especially since I feel like it’s me just having a conversation with you!

Does anyone know the story behind Tierra’s engagement? I’m interested to know what actually went down…if it’s even real.

BUT I digress, my question: What in this world do I have to do to become Chris Harrison’s co-host? I promise to match my dresses to his ties.

Comment by Samantha — March 6, 2013 @ 8:34 am

36. ok, a few things:
    I thought the exact same thing about Tierra’s whole “when did you get engaged”-secret? then I thought she’s just dumb.

as for desiree’s brother being a red flag:
    Sean said that he had time with Nate before the other talk thar aired. there, Nate was completely cool with him and fun…and apparently he made a 180 and then he started being this accusing,rude weirdo..

and lastly, I think AshLee was implying that Sean said that whole stuff about the other girls during their time in the fantasy suite. So even IF he said such things (which makes no sense since, well…she’s out) no cameras would’ve been there to catch that.

great and fun blooooog
    lots of love <3

Comment by bee — March 6, 2013 @ 9:15 am

37. “My thoughts and prayers to her fiance” Bahahaha! I will not lie, when the show started, I loved AshLee, but as the weeks went by; watching her gave me the urge to bang my head against the wall. Oy!

Comment by ShaLane — March 6, 2013 @ 10:07 am

38. I predict Des will be the next bachlorette.

Comment by Lisa James — March 6, 2013 @ 10:27 am

39. I really hope Des is NOT the new Bachelorette! Yes she’s normal & agreeable, but she is sooooooooo vanilla to me….something about her (can’t pinpoint it exactly, the Katie Holmes look, her hair, her simple personality?) just bugs me. She’s as exciting as a box of rocks. I cannot fathom that of all the young single women in this country, SHE would get her own show? Ugh.

Comment by Holly — March 6, 2013 @ 10:29 am

40. Tierra: I agree with you because I dislike her but if she’s just a loner and nervous around new people, it’s no reason for her to get attacked by girls who are more social and able to relax and have fun. I wish I looked like her!
    Des: I LOVE HER! She absolutely must be the new, quirky, Jillian-like bachelorette.
    Sarah: She has NOTHING to her. I feel sympathy for her disability but she is just a bland Barbie, in my opinion.
    AshLee: She’s a tough lady, for sure. Sean either told her he only loved her to get her into bed or he told her that they have something special and she only heard what she wanted to hear.
    Question: How important is sex in a relationship? Is it okay to remain a virgin and have a healthy relationship?

Comment by Alice — March 6, 2013 @ 10:37 am

41. Michael,
    Liked you a long time, starting from Bachelor Pad, like your positive outlook and upbeat energy. One thing though – in your blog, and just watched the Afterbuzz you linked – mental illness is really not something to joke about carelessly. If you’re seriously saying it in a concerned way it’s one thing, but to write and say in a callous way (i.e. you repeated ‘mental illness, mental illness’ about Amanda at 30:27), which you did a number of times in the interview… it’s too much. Mental illness is a serious thing that affects a LOT of people and there is a heck of a lot of negative stigma attached to it – please be more thoughtful about throwing the word around carelessly.
    Thanks.
    Side note: Can’t believe this is the first time I’m commenting on your blog, and this is what it’s about! I’ve thought of posting many times in the past and didn’t (especially after BP, bc I felt bad for the way you were treated by Holly), but this finally seemed too important not to post it. You seem like a caring person most of the time, and hopefully you will take this to heart. Thanks.

Comment by June — March 6, 2013 @ 10:44 am

42. Great blog! I loved two things you said/wrote: (1) your thoughts and prayers are with Tierra’s fiance and (2) comparing AshLee to an anchor. HILARIOUS!!

Comment by Sara — March 6, 2013 @ 10:45 am

43. I just wanted to say I like your honesty. I agree with your on most points but…

It seems like you thought Catherine was boring and had no chemistry with Sean before? Right? And now you say it’s obviously her?

I think that while Sean and Lindsay were totally cute and playful, it doesn’t seem like there was much subsance.

Comment by gm0ney — March 6, 2013 @ 10:48 am

44. Great blog as always! Love your funny yet insightful comments.The guys or girls on the Bachelor(ette)generally will spend hours in the mansion or hotel their placed in.
    My Question: What do you guys do to keep yourself occupied? Do you read, watch TV, workout? Are you guys allowed to leave the mansion or the hotel your in to go sightseeing if your on a date?
    Sorry, more than one question. But if you can answer one or both of these questions I would greatly appreciate it!Thanks!

Comment by Ayo — March 6, 2013 @ 11:35 am

45. *Are you guys allowed to leave the mansion or the hotel your in to go sightseeing if your NOT on a date?*
    typo

Comment by Ayo — March 6, 2013 @ 11:37 am

46. have to take a sec to say CONGRATS on your engagemt! you deserve loads of happiness & love :) anywho, you nailed it w/ashlee! a bit vindictive. you see her face when she paused before making the remark of the other girls? even in that “private” moment btwn them. her reaction was a bit nervous as if she were exaggerating to make him feel bad/look bad for her pain. plus, c’mon…if she had so much integrity, would she honestly still want to marry sean if he was “fratboy” to play w/the other 2′s feelings like that?? i dare say it was an over-exaggerated-last-jerk-of-the-knife. everyone knows the bachelor can’t reveal the depth or lack of feelings or tell any of them ahead of time he was choosing them, hence, the element of surprise for the producers (& us!). she probably tried really hard to get him to promise to choose her behind closed doors. also, if he was a fratboy, what does that make her? she was hurt & was hurting back. she dwells on hurt she’s rec’d from anyone & talks about it constantly. i was disappointed w/her answers/reactions. i was disappointed when she constantly referred to not being loved by her birth parents. that was ages ago. what about her adoptive parents? sure she mentioned her dad’s acceptance. but she mentioned again&again how dismissive her own birth parents were. her parents as we saw seem wonderful. disappointing. hope she’s reflected on all of this. she’s above all this!

Comment by debbie — March 6, 2013 @ 11:45 am

47. Fo shizzle. Your blog givez me the chilz. I’m hitting middle age but I can’t help sound like a 15 yr old. Fo shiz, MID LIFE crisis setting in. Gotta go stalk Edz. You getz me?
    Love you Mikez!

Comment by Jaclyn Fartz — March 6, 2013 @ 1:06 pm

48. I am a catfish. My first name starts with a B and I’m making a bunnyrabbit for dinner Michael. Call me.

Comment by Catfish — March 6, 2013 @ 1:07 pm

49. Thanks for a very entertaining blog Michael. I just have one thing to say and that is that Des has already been signed to be the Bachelorette. She sounded boring because she was being careful trying not to annoy anyone.I can’t wait till the finale and like you believe Sean picks Catherine.If he wants fun well then that is Catherine in a nutshell.I’ll be looking forward to reading your next blog.

Comment by Bobbie — March 6, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

50. My name is Elan Gayle. I have a twin brother who was famous. His name is Cousin It. He starred in a movie called, “The Addam’s Family.” He got the pretty straight hair while I’m covered in the kind of hair that causes women to get bikini waxes. I’m trying to support a shoe salesman. Her name is CASEY S. I spend most of my time on Twitter posting boring pics of myself face down in order to get attention. I need to confess my real identity.
    I too am a catfish.

Comment by Elan Gayle — March 6, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

51. Hey y’all!
    I’m not blogging this season cause I got caught stealing Perez Hilton’s material last year and pssing it off as my own. I’m adding my WTA recap under my friend Mike’s blog comments cause I needz attention fo shoz, ya’ll hear? Y’all know I’m turning 30 so I talkz like a high schooler to fit in, y’all hear? Cause y’all know New Yorkers don’t like gals from the South. Them Yanks know where one IQ point short of zero.
    My recap is that I gotz the sadz cause producers didn’t invite me in my little bitty white dress onto the WTA this year! Can y’all believez it? They dog gone mad cause I didn’t wear a paper bag over my head like they asked. My boyfriend is always asking me to put one on too. Bless my little person heart, y’all hear?
    That’s all for this year’s WTA recap. In the meantime, y’all can read my BFF Jaclyn Fartz’s blog. She writes like she’s “special” too. Gotta go make some grits and chitlins and decorate my paper bag before my man gets home. Bless my little person heart, y’all!

Comment by Ashley Skivvies — March 6, 2013 @ 1:41 pm

52. How fun of you to answer questions! I am obviously a huge fan of the show and always love the behind the scenes stuff. So when you guys travel to cool cities, are you allowed to go out and explore them when it’s not your turn with the Bachelorette? If not, what do you do all day? And this may be a silly question, but how do you guys get food… meaning, do you tell a producer what you want to eat and they get it? Or do you just make stuff from whatever is in the kitchen? What if you don’t like anything LOL. Are you allowed to order whatever you want to eat at the hotels and then the show just pays for it all?

PS. You are such a darling… No lie, you were my pick on Jillian’s season. I was yelling at my TV when she let you go!

Comment by Nicole B. — March 6, 2013 @ 1:47 pm

53. I dare you to answer this question…how much are the contestants paid to appear on the show? Extra for making the final 4 or 3? I can’t imagine that they’re not paid, but it’s something you never read about.

Comment by Jenn — March 6, 2013 @ 2:36 pm

54. OMG Ashley Skivvies – that was reaaaaallly funny. More, please!

Comment by Mary A. — March 6, 2013 @ 3:08 pm

55. Hi Michael! My two sisters and I love your blog. We are so in agreement with your attitudes about moving forward, not holding grudges, and taking responsibility for your own actions!

Can’t wait to see your finale recap next week.

Comment by Lauren — March 6, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

56. I just looked on the Perez Hilton site… My first time EVEZ …and WOWZER…Spivey and Jaclyn are totally ripping him off. He writez with the ZZZZs (like LOLZ and SADZ) because his name is PereZ …and so the Z is his unique lingo. He uses the same ABBREVZ and drawing on pictures. He could probably sue for copyright infringement and win a his style is his trademark.

Comment by To Skivvies — March 6, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

57. Michael,

Great blog as always :) I noticed you said to leave questions, so here’s mine: I’m in my early twenties, and am a pretty normal girl. I hate talking myself up, but here goes: I’m pretty funny (but really), outgoing, I love sports, and have a lot of guy friends. But I can never seem to find a boyfriend. I never actively look, because I’m a firm believer in “when it’s meant to be, it will be,” but it has been incredibly frustrating to be single for a while, especially since all of my guy friends constantly ask me why I’m still single, and I’m the girl that my girl friends want to set up on blind dates (which haven’t worked out thus far). I know I’m young, and I’m staying positive, but here’s my question: what in the world am I doing wrong (if anything), and what can I do to up my chances of being noticed by guys? It’s just becoming a bit of a broken record, and I definitely don’t want to be alone forever because that would suck. Thanks!

Comment by Katie — March 6, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

58. I think you sit in my brain when you write these!! I completely agree with everything you had to say and appreciate your honesty and added humor. Love reading your blog every week! Can’t wait for the next one! :)

p.s. Congrats on the engagement! spread the message to your fiancée as well- from one WI girl to another. :)

Comment by Molly — March 6, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

59. Michael–

Love reading your blog every week! It’s great and real and fun to read. I agree with you that it’s totally Catherine– THey just mesh so well together, and have so much fun together! I have a question, not really related to the show–but when will you be playing in Chicago again. I saw you live once, and you were sick (sadface), I would really love to see you play live again! If you can answer that here, I would really appreciate it! THanks!

Renee

Comment by Renee — March 6, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

60. This blog is spot on! We have the EXACT same view! Keep it up Mr. Stag

PS I love you and your music

Comment by Sophie Hall — March 6, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

61. Michael as always love the blog!!
    Tierra was some kind of crazy!! She never really Struck me as stable. AshLee is some kind of bore! I think everyone has had something bad happen to them in their past a d to dwell on it is just grinding it in and making everyone feel sorry for her. I will be first to admit that in my past relationship I became vindictive to a guy. But I had every reason to be. That’s all. I adore Sara she has such strength I. Who she is what she can do a d what she pushes herself to try to do. She has unpowered a lot of women.
    I’m ready to see who he picks next week and how he and to handle that letter.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this. I also want to show love for that beautiful bride to be. She’s very lick to have you. May life keep blessing you in giant ways!!! Love always!

Comment by Naomi — March 6, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

62. Michael. your blog is awesome. i love reading your thoughts after all of the episodes. you definitely have an incredible talent to communicating your perspective and we are grateful. so many blogs fall in one of two extremes either super positive or super negative about shows, and i appreciate the balance. best of luck to you in the future in all that you do.

Comment by a.jensen — March 6, 2013 @ 5:27 pm

63. I love reading your Blog every week! My question for you since we ALL know that Catherine is the one, do you think that Lindsay would be a good Bachelorette?

Comment by Toni — March 6, 2013 @ 5:36 pm

64. If I remember correctly, Sean was struggling over who to eliminate at the rose ceremony — Desiree vs Catherine. If Catherine was really at risk of being eliminated at that point, how come she is now the front-runner? Do you think Sean said that just to throw us off???

Comment by jules — March 6, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

65. As far as AshLee….I think she totally took a step back in most people’s eyes. What was totally fishy to me was when she made her statement/accusation and Sean denied her claim and then she CHANGED her account of what it was he said. HUH? I feel bad that she feels bad but she came off as vindictive, desperate, and a bit unstable.

Comment by Jenn S. — March 6, 2013 @ 6:04 pm

66. @Mary A-y’all said I was funny and I didn’t even have to steal my material likez I usually do from Perez Hilton, y’all! You gave me the happyz, y’all hear? Like the oppositez of the sadz y’all. I got tearz on my itty bitty WTA 2012 dress. That’s the shizzle yo!
    @To Skivvies-y’all know I aintz book smartz y’all hear? I had to copy Perez Hiltonz, yo! Jaclyn Fartz is doing it now for both of us! She’s representing all abbrevz speaking bad writerz who are middle aged but wantz to fitz in in high schoolz, y’all hear? TTYS (Don’t tell Pariz Hilton aboutz that one, y’all gonna get me in trouble! Bless my little person heart! Peace outz y’all!)

Comment by Ashley Skivvies — March 6, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

67. Michael,
    This was my favorite blog of this season. I really like how you portray the girls and I think you were spot on with everyone of them. I am so impressed by your ability to comment on these women without judging. You simply state the facts and your views of these women are the same for a lot of people and I appreciate you sharing with us. My question is about life in the mansions and all the different cities: are the contestants free to do what they want in whatever city they are in or are y’all stuck in the mansion or room all day? If so what do you do to keep yourselves occupied? Do you ever get bored? Thanks and can’t wait to read what you have to say about the finale next week :)
    Marie

Comment by Marie — March 6, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

68. PS. Elan Gayle, aka, Cousin Pitz, can y’all getz your shoe salesman girlfriend to buy me some white shoez, y’all, to match my 2012 WTA white dress, y’all? Bless my little person heart, y’all hear? You wouldn’t let me on this yearz! Y’all owe me, ya hearz? Or Jaclyn Fartz will come and get it! Gator done! Shaez and Bakez y’all!

Comment by Ashley Skivvies — March 6, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

69. I know that you are now happy engaged but were you ever in talks to be The Bachelor? I think you would’ve been great and I just wonder why you never were?

Comment by LeAnn — March 6, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

70. @Ashley Skivvies- fo shizzle, my nizzle! Y’all so coolz you give me the skivvies! SHAKE and BAKE FOeva! I love Edz! i LOVE MY Skivvies! Abbrevs fo life!

Comment by Jaclyn Fartz — March 6, 2013 @ 6:15 pm

71. Dear michael
    First off i have to say I absolutely adore you! You carry yourself so well though everything you have been through with holly, and drama, and i truly admire you. I hope you answer my question because I am nineteen and have never been to a concert in my life! ik right? I saw on your twitter you were coming to Boston! Please let me know when and where I hope love like this will be my first concert!!! Can’t wait to hopefully see you preform and meet you!

Comment by Marissa Dolloff — March 6, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

72. Michael your blogs are ALWAYS so entertaining and I constantly find my self laughing out loud in class!! So thx for making my calculus class a bit more enjoyable :)
    I picked Catherine from the start and I’m so happy you did too because I feel everyone I talk to has picked Lindsey but in my opinion she is simply to young!! She’s adorable no doubt but Even when they showed her ‘journey’ as we like to say she said herself she went into this not taking it very seriously! That was a red flag for me!

I guess my question would be if you have made any big wedding plans? Picked a date or location OR not so much a question as it is a request but will you sing at your wedding?!?!?! I think that would be the best wedding gift a bride could ever receive!

Thanks again for another awesome blog, looking forward to next weeks!
    xo Ashley!!

Comment by Ashley Nishihta — March 6, 2013 @ 6:47 pm

73. Loved your persoective. Can I just say DITTO especially in the all caos points! How did Tierra pass second grade by not knowing the noun/ verb phenomenon of you lied equals you liar!!!
    Holy moly. Ashlee pissed me off too, particularly her comments to media that she got closure! Ummmmm HELLO!! As you said, she looked sp classless attacking him. I felt she had to continually question her behavioirs and could not come up with a single thing she could have done differently. Soooooo. Attack!!! You lied!!! Geezus. Talk about changing someones words into a convenient meaning. It was just classless and made her look desparate. She is such acheonic dreamer and I believe she organized all the events and chats into a nice little summary in her mind that she couldn’t poke a hole in for going in breakup direction. Its called FEELINGS! He was not into you. You even tried to organize what ring he picked out. Selma lost my respect bu jumping to her bestees defense and calling him a liar also (hopefully Iraq had that npun vetb schooling for he lied equals liar) WTH people? That is on my list of immature qualities right up there with no spellcheck on a blog that is a few lines professing your love for yoir housemates that you didnt spell check!!!

Comment by Cathy — March 6, 2013 @ 6:54 pm

74. Hi, I’m Beth Holler (twitter: @bethholler) Holler at me yo! I want to say how much I enjoyed reading Asley Skivvies and Jaclyn Fartz comments. I am totally a fan and a really nice person! But it is not grammatically correct to speak as you do nor are you using the correct vocabulary! (I know as I entered your words in dictionary.com and nothing came up!) May I suggest you learn how to write in proper English? I am trying to be helpful. I really want to be your friend. Fo Swizzle doesn’t mean anything. My Mom agrees with me.

Comment by Beth H. — March 6, 2013 @ 6:59 pm

75. Love your blogs! And i agree. Sean and Catherine really are just the perfect match!

I also agree about Desiree. Honestly, i was never really a big fan of hers in the beginning. I dont think itd be an entertaining bachelorette season with her. I would actually love to see Lesley M as the next bachelorette! I think she’d be great! What do you think?

Comment by Cindy — March 6, 2013 @ 7:02 pm

76. Ohhh AshLee. Here is my problem with the whole perception of her. She has been completely mum on social sites including twitter through the whole show. She now gets a bit of what she thinks is “positive” attention for throwing Shawn in the mud and is running with it. I thought “this girl” was supposed to be classy. I think like Tierra she has a lot of underlying issues as well. You can only run for so long before the CRAZY pops out, and I think that is exactly what happened on WTA

Comment by Rebecca — March 6, 2013 @ 7:09 pm

77. Michael. I love you and your blog! Anyway, don’t you think the comment Sean made to Des was because he already knows she’s the next bachelorette?

Comment by kelly — March 6, 2013 @ 7:17 pm

78. Dare I say that right this moment Tierra is taking the sparkle away from her new fiancé one painful moment at a time? Dude–get out while the getting is good!

Comment by Me — March 6, 2013 @ 8:57 pm

79. Michael I tweeted this blog to AshLee. I feel like you are so beloved and trusted and she should get a reality check and see what others think. I also agree that it is so natural that Catherine is the one. The others don’t have nearly the connection these 2 have. I really enjoy your blog and look forward to it each week.

Comment by Becca — March 6, 2013 @ 9:08 pm

80. After you I read ur blog….I was actually in awe….at how observant u are & very smart analysis came from it too! I give you props for your observations about Des and the 2 finalists! Des is looking for fans’ sympathy so she can be the next bachelorette! Sean is right she always seem to hide something behind her smile….she does seem fake to me. Catherine is the perfect choice for him! She’s smart, witty, & fun, where as Lyndsey is just kinda childish to me….& probably won’t be able to keep up with Sean(=

Comment by Zee — March 6, 2013 @ 11:15 pm

81. Y’all, I forgotz to take my Bach Nationz Delusional daily medz last night and thought I was just a regz country girl from the Carolinas y’all. Like all covered in Tar y’all hear? I just took it and I thinkz I’m going to steal Carrie Underwood’s material next, like I did Perez Hilton’s blog las year, and Imma be the next country music superstarz y’all! I was on the Bachelor TV show for 5 minutes y’all. That makes me famous like Angelina Jolie, right y’all?! Elan Gayle, aka, Cousin Pubitz, told me so, y’all. Producers dunn gone lie, y’all hearz me? Fo sho! Imma go and wash my itty bitty 2012 WTA white dress fo my next music video! This gives me a case of the excitedz y’all, like so much better than the sadz y’all hear?! Gotta go call my BFF Jaclyn Fartz. She’s probz on the phone leaving Edz another stalking voice mail, y’all! TTYS, SHAKE AND BAKE, abbrevz fo life! Y’all hearz?

Comment by Ashley Skivvies — March 7, 2013 @ 2:24 am

82. @Beth-if y’all wanna be in our middle aged abbrevz ballerz club, y’all gotta learn to talk coolz beanz like us, y’all hear? Y’all gotta wear itty bitty white dresses y’all! Y’all gotz to eat gritz daily! Y’all needz to buy Tallageda Nightz y’all and read Perez Hilton’s blog daily, y’all hear? Ya’ll must tell everyone who doesn’t care or know who I be, that I’m Southern, y’all hear?! I AM SOUTHERN! Y’ALL HEAR?! Y’all don’t believez? I dunn say y’all enuff? Y’all dunn care? Dang it! Bless my heartz, ya’ll?! Doesn’t that prove it? Imma get me some Colonel Sanders and call my future babies Walker and Texas Ranger, y’all hear? HAKUNA MATATA, haterz gunn hate! SHAKE AND BAKE, abbrevs fo life! Ashlee be craze cause she wanted to see Seanz nekked. She be like my girl, Jaclyn Fartz with Edz y’all! Laterz! Y’all dunn give me a case of the sadz!

Comment by Ashley Skivvies — March 7, 2013 @ 3:05 am

83. Hey Michael,
    As always, LOVE the blog! I look forward to your thoughts as much as I do the show itself…your recaps and comments are hilarious and accurate! Thanks for making a relatively boring season more fun…aside from Tierra and her antics, it’s kinda been a ho hum season.
    Here’s what I’ve been wondering…during the season, SO many of the girls have “opened up” and shared some pretty traumatic life experiences with Sean. I totally understand how going through a rough time can shape you as a person, but some of these girls just have so many of these stories. It’s kinda like they’re on some spectacular date having an amazing time and suddenly think, “let me tell you about my distance from my dad/how I lived in a tent/that my parents gave me up/my friend that died, etc.” and it just isn’t in keeping with the tone of the rest of the date that we’ve seen. Do the producers encourage them to share these things so America will become invested in them (because that does work!) or are they a result of an edit, and that’s why they seem so out of place? I totally understand sharing things like that, but they seem to come up at awkward moments.
    And poor AshLee really has a hard time letting this go…regardless if Sean said that or not, she didn’t bring it up to really question him as much as call him out on tv. She is embarrassed and she wanted to embarrass him, too. That was SO awkward to watch!
    Thanks again for a great blog, and thanks for reading the comments :) Congratulations to you and your fiancé! :)

Comment by Stephanie — March 7, 2013 @ 4:09 am

84. Hi,
    Love your humor and your blog! I love reading all of them after I watch the show each week and “feel” it completes the show. As a twin myself, you have a special place for me, what can I say? (That’s not my question).

My question is this: Which did you like doing better, the bachelorette or bachelor pad?

And: do you think they should do an “all-star” bachelor where all of the contestants were previous favorites on the show? But bring a new person to play the lead? Kind of reverse what they do now?

Best wishes for you in your marriage!

Comment by Paige P — March 7, 2013 @ 7:37 am

85. Michael,

First off I must say that I thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs every week. Very insightful and great stuff. Excellent job and it’s appreciated. However, as a member of the small population of “normal” straight guys under the age of 35 who are Bachelor fans by choice, I feel the need to call you out a bit amidst all the estrogen love from the majority of the fan base. In regards to the Sean/AshLee fantasy suite saga you said, “We know that a) Sean is just NOT the kind of guy that would say that; b) he is not STUPID ENOUGH to say something like that; and c) if he DID say that it ABSOLUTELY would have aired!!! RIGHT!?!?” How on earth do we know that?! AshLee might be desperate and a bit clingy…but what’s to question her sincerity? Sean doesn’t come off as the brightest bulb in the box and he honestly doesn’t seem to have that much game or social banter to me at all. As a guy it seems much more likely to me that AshLee put her best “foot” forward in the fantasy suite and Sean got caught up in the moment and implied whatever he needed to. Evil no…likely…ehh, I think so. I agree that I think Des is the most likely bachelorette…AshLee is too unstable, the runner up is too immature…and no matter how “sweet” she might be, Sarah just isn’t happening. Question is, then who?? Sorry for the rambling. Greatest show/shows on tv by far.

Comment by Jeff — March 7, 2013 @ 8:14 am

86. My girlfriend, the shoe salesman, Casey S, is giving love to her armpit. She thinks it’s me becuse she stopped shaving a month ago to feel closer to me. Help!

Comment by Elan, Cousin Pubitz, Gayle — March 7, 2013 @ 8:39 am

87. Hi Mike,

I don’t always read your blog posts (sorry) but I watched the afterbuzz epi you were on, liked you on it, and came here next. Great job on the post!

Here are my questions:

SARAH – I’d love her to be the next Bette, but how would production actually handle this? I question their taste levels. Remember AshleyH’s season, the roast where every guy harped on her small breasts, and Bentley who’d rather have Emily? So on Sarah’s season, the guys would roast her for having only 1 arm, and some douche would toy with her emotions while in ITMs keep saying, “Look, I’m just not into 1-armed chicks” and leave episode 3 just when she falls for him? Any thoughts on how our producers could possibly craft a season for her?

DESIREE – given your experience on Jillian’s season and since, what are 3 pieces of advice you’d give to Desiree, about handling the guys, dealing with production & edits, and her “journey” to find love as the lead?

Thanks in advance!

Comment by Shirley — March 7, 2013 @ 9:20 am

88. Hi Michael,

Thank you for the great blog. :-) I noticed that you and Arie (in his blog) both side with Sean on the ‘he said, she said.’ I predict that most men will side with Sean and women with AshLee just based on what we watched. I have to say, men really need to check what they say to women!Even the most grounded of women,and I count myself as one of those, will be tremendously hurt by things said in the moment and played out differently by a man’s actions or ‘forgetfulness’. The same thing happened to you with Rachael, as I recall, and it makes women really feel used. Now, throw in a women who is not so grounded or emotionally stable and she will react by doing something kind of crazy instead of just healing in healthy ways and moving on. I’ve witnessed this with some of my friends. It’s not fair to call them crazy when men are saying really sweet things and making them feel special. Women do not see this as ‘temporary’ when they’re really into a guy. I agree that Ash Lee came off as kind of vindictive, but I honestly don’t blame her. I’m pretty positive Sean said something that led her on. Maybe that was not his intention, but that’s my point about men. They should not say this stuff unless they see the relationship continuing and continuing….

Comment by B.R. — March 7, 2013 @ 10:34 am

89. Hi Michael!

I know it’s a little late, but congratulations on your engagement! I’m very happy for you. Anywho, I love reading your blogs, and for the most part, I agree with you. About Sean and if he said what AshLee accused him of, no I don’t think they would have showed it because she said it was said in the fantasy suite where no camera’s were allowed. Do I think she’s lying? Idk. Her appearance on the WTA changed my opinion of her a bit, so idk what to believe. Do I think Sean said that to her? It’s possible he said something while there was an intense make out session going on, that made her think he didn’t care for the other girls, but thats it. Anyways, looking forward to your next blog! God bless

Comment by Gabriela — March 7, 2013 @ 12:13 pm

90. Tierra: totally agree with you, but don’t understand why people think Botox is such a bad thing? She had a dent in her forehead that ppl kept talking about so during the hiatus she had it fixed. Do ya blame her?

Ashlee: I’ve thought she was crazy for awhile now. Not surprised she was so vindictive with Sean.

Des: I think she was smiling and nodding because she has moved on and probably agrees it was for the best. What’s the point in sitting there saying, please! No, I still love you! That would be lame.

I agree the final lady must be Catherine, but what’s with the letter? I think there may be a possibility he ends up alone. We’ll see! Love your blog.

Comment by Sarah O — March 7, 2013 @ 12:20 pm

91. Michael, I think that Chris Harrison should be the next Bachelor, and you should be the host!

Comment by Melanie — March 7, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

92. This is what Urban Dictionary says about Jaclyn’s favorite word, “totes:”

A shorter more convenient form of the word: totally. This word is most commonly used by teenage girls.

Comment by To Skivvies and Fartz — March 7, 2013 @ 3:36 pm

93. A fing lame way to say “totally”

FOOD IS TOTES GOOD LOL stfu

How to say Totally in retard

Omg I am Totes there bfflflfllfbfllflbfllfbfl!!!!

Abbreviated version of “totally.” All words that “totes” modifies should be abbreviated if at all possible; some exceptions apply.

Original usage is “totes obvi” and should never be used by people who actually use “obvi” in conversation.

I am totes starve tonight.
    That comment was totes inapprop.
    Those test questions were totes ridic!
    I can’t believe he wouldn’t buy me a drink. He is totes cheap!

Comment by More — March 7, 2013 @ 3:39 pm

94. Love your blog and I look forward to reading it as much as watching The Bachelor. Keep it coming!

Cheers :)

Comment by Racheal — March 7, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

95. I was disappointed not to hear one word from so many of the other girls. Kacie?? How about Lesley? She got in one snarky Tierra comment about the cot and then… Crickets. Was she kicking herself for not telling Sean her feelings? Did Selma regret kissing Sean? Daniella looked gorgeous and was so fun on the show… Too much time on Tierra and AshLee drama and left do many unanswered questions. And who was Brooke? Why did she get air time?

I think Sean said something to AshLee. Something that convinced her that she was “safe” but I cannot believe he said he felt nothing for the other girls. He is not stupid enough to say that when he’s told the camera 400 times how he has feelings for them.

Comment by Stacey — March 7, 2013 @ 4:56 pm

96. Oh and love your blog!

Comment by Stacey — March 7, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

97. my question is…..what do I have to write to
    get you to answer my question :)
    but….Do you plan to come to NorCal anytome soon for music ot visiting your awesome fans!!

Comment by Sadie Grozier — March 7, 2013 @ 9:08 pm

98. I think I figured it out! I also thought Des’ reaction was very strange. She seemed happy that they weren’t together. I think it’s because she already knows that she will be the next Bachelorette, so they were both very agreeable that them not being together worked out for the best for both of them.

I know they’re announcing it during the finale on Monday, but I’m calling it now. It will be Des. I am now convinced due to her reaction at WTA.

Thanks for the blogs, I always enjoy them. :)

Comment by Mindy — March 8, 2013 @ 7:35 am

99. We hate to say this, but my wife and I just don’t get all the positive comments about Sara. Our feelings have nothing to do with only having one arm. We just felt there was never a spark there between Sean and her. Even more importantly, we honestly felt she lacked a “Sparkel” in life, would not be a spontanous, fun to live person person to live with. Also strongly feel she would be very boring to watch if selected for next Bachelorette. She handled her self very well on WTA, but how can we apparently be the only two people missing all the glowing comments? Could it be that some comments are being fueled by sympathy?

Comment by Wayne — March 8, 2013 @ 8:40 am

100. Love the blog as always stags! One question how does one take a sparkle? And is the sparkle visible to the eye? Haha okay that wasn’t my question do you have any favorites that didn’t make it to the bottom four ladies? I know we don’t usually get a chance to know them but sometimes one stands out! Thanks have a great day you rock Michael!

Comment by Megan — March 8, 2013 @ 10:44 am

101. What I have always liked about you on the show(s) and in your blogs is your class, integrity and honesty. Very few contestants on the show have what you do. Thanks for another great recap….I think Sean too has integrity but doesn’t maybe handle the multi dating well….although honestly, who did? (Jake maybe- but that is another story- and I like Jake don’t get me wrong).

I love Sarah- she is thoughtful and honest, and sincere. I felt for her….I too hope she finds a great love in her life. Des to me hides too much behind the smile, as Sean said, but I think she is sweet. Tierra is BORDERLINE (and yes, I am qualified to diagnose). I actually feel bad for her. I think the producers screen for this personality disorder (Vienna- same deal, Courtney- socially awkward, maybe aspergers?) and chooses them to exploit them. this is really wrong to me. I feel for Ashlee too…..although I think she is spiteful and vindictive as a coping mechanism.I think Sean dodged a bullet there. Anyway- please share with us a photo or two from your wedding, whenever it may be- wishing you and your future wife much happiness.

Comment by sarah — March 8, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

102. I just gotta say, every week i think I have it all covered and then I read your blog and every week I’m like “oh yeaaaah..that’s what must’ve happened. he’s right.”
    well anyway, as far as AshLee, I actually think he DID say SOMETHING that made her think that way, you could see it on his face. Obviously he didn’t mean it, maybe he just wanted to make her feel good, since she’s constantly saying “i love you” and he can’t say it back. Maybe not, you know him so you know better :) As far as questions goes, what’s Chris Harrison like, cause i gotta say, I like him waaay more in bloopers and off cameras :D and please share photos with from from your wedding so I can play sad songs, eat chocolate and cry myself to sleep reminding myself of single life :D THX for keep writing your blog even though you’re so busy getting married, best wishes!

Comment by Tina — March 8, 2013 @ 7:33 pm

103. @Ashley I want to reply to your ignorant comment to Beth but I can’t understand anything you type so I’ll just not respond.

Comment by Cameron — March 8, 2013 @ 10:52 pm

104. Hey Stags, i don’t usually comment on your page, but DO read you every week….you are usually spot on and i dig your style and tone….(and of course you are a fellah’ PaiSano!!)….however, i feel you are a bit off the the whole “ASHLEE” thing……we all must realize she is about 6 -7 yrs older than the other girls…and from 25 to 32 you do ALOT of growing…..and if ya’ look back even from the VERY beginning…..although quite intense, she was rather playful, and open hearted, and kind of “Motherly” to ALL the girls….ESpecially Tierra!…..(she was ultimately even the one who tried to school Tierra on her ways) …..also, i think she was VERY playful on their first date and was very compassionate towards the “girls” that joined them…..so to say Sean “NEver” had fun w her is a bit drastic….i think he did have fun with her….and i SEE a “little girl side to her” that is adorable and NEEDS alot of nurturing and attention…..(but trust me, SO DOES Catherine or Lindsey )or whomever gets chosen !….ALL women do!….we want to feel the MOST important!…..so to make a short story even longer……LOL…..i DO believe “something” was said in that “Fantasy Suite”….as a Psychologist, “Past Behavior is a Glimpse into Future Behavior!”……she is NOT one to lie, or even exaggerate!…..i found her quite honest and refreshing, and youthful!……the word i feel best describes ASHlee is “INTENSE!”……some men LOve this, some men do not!….some can handle some CAN NOT!…..but, our beloved Seanny did say “something” to her that led her to believe he did not hold the same feelings for the other girls as he did for her…..and it may have been in a “HOT STEAMY MOMENT!”…..in fact, i would bet on it!….but, she took it to the EXTREME!…..and instead of knowing “all if fair in love and war in BACH NATION”……she took it to heart, and the reason she kept pushing was the fact that he DENIED it so vehemently …..which made her insecurities want to prove him wrong!……THIS was NOt the forum to do this, unfortunately…..as GOLDEN BOY SEAN is beloved by the WORLD, and she was simply outnumbered, and it came across as LOOONEY!……but in her INTENSE defense…..something WAS said…..and it is probably something she need to work on…..(which trust me, this schooled her….!!!!) boys/men will say things in the heat of passion, that MUST be filtered out in the “light of day” say doing laundry or the dishes!!! LOL………………with that being said, you are ON POINT with our Villianess, Tierra…..(poor spoiled brat, that has been over indulged her whole life, and never learned right from wrong!!!)……she behaves ALOT like my 6 and 3 yr old!…..(TRUE STORY!)……even using the word “Sparkle” and “i was Junior Misssy Miss of my County!”…or whatever….she is still QUITE IMMATURE, and Child like to the 9s!…..and unfortunately you may be right on with a “mental illness”……….(what struck me is that she was NOT on the stage at the same time as SEAN….) was that per her request?…!….SO BIZARRE….it’s like they kept her caged from the others!…..and the ring!….oh!…..poor thing!….just needs constant attention…..something is indeed off……hopefully she finds happiness in life…..but needs to take her toys and go home for good!…..i think his best bet is Lindsey….but he will prob pick Catherine….but i still think he TRUE MATCH WAS : EMILY MAYNARD!…….oh well!…..we will see, we will see!…….GREAT BLOG and Congrats on your engagement!……Marriage is Tuff!….but awesome!……ups , downs and all arounds!……hang on thru the hard times and the light will come back around!……and never go to bed mad!……..chat ya later, paisano!……xooxo Mama Bucci …. (PS….got kids crawling all over me…so i am not gonna proof read….so please forgive me for type o’s and grammer slips!!!) ; .)

Comment by Pamela B... — March 9, 2013 @ 8:10 am

105. PS…..BR, (above) you “Nailed it!!”….Stags, BR makes a great point, (not to put you on “blast” cause you rock and are in a great place in life….)but think back to maybe something you may have said to Rachel, …..that she misconstrued, or manipulated into “FOREVER thinking!”….OR believed exactly what was said!…..WOMEn are “Literal Creatures!”….and men do need to be a bit more careful in word choice in the heat of the moment!……….and MELANIE (above!)…..what a GREAT IDEA!!!…..Chris Harrison SHOULD BE the next BACHELOR and STAGS should DEFinitely HOST!……HOSTING on CAMERA would be a GREAT CAREER MOVE FOR YOU MR. STAGLIANO!……this should be presented to THE BACHELOR peeps!……BOOM! …ok i’m done! xo

Comment by Pamela B... — March 9, 2013 @ 8:25 am

106. Totally agree on your take on AshLee. While I don’t think Ashlee is malicious and/or narcissistic (= Tierra), she is nevertheless too intense and impulsive in a “control freak” kind of way, which, as Sean tried to tactfully point out, does not make her a “fun” person to be with, despite the other good qualities she does have. Given that Ashlee is both so pretty and is very sharp mentally actually doesn’t help in coming to see that she has major “issues” as she likely is used to having things her way in personal/work relationships. I highly doubt she ever loses an argument even if she doesn’t have a good case to make—the other person just gives up and doesn’t bother. The paradox is that though Ashlee is attracted to a handsome, “leading man” type like Sean, it would be very difficult for her to give such a guy the “lead”, letting him “lead”. In her current state, she might only work in marriage with a subservient type of guy who is ‘whipped’ due to her beauty and is willing to let her call all the shots all the time.

Hence her type of furious reaction to Sean’s eventual rejection is not surprising. While Sean appears to me to be one conscientiously trying to be a gentleman (as much as this is possible for us men), he also no doubt does have a bit of a free-spirit, alpha male, swashbuckling adventurer aspect to his personality and he would not be able to handle being hemmed in, whipped, controlled, and hen-pecked in every area of his life which AshLee would have done were they married. I think Sean came to realize this about their lack of needed chemistry/fit, but I don’t think Ashlee has yet come to realize this, as evidenced by her behavior on the recent “Women Tell All” episode, in which playing the ‘woman scorned’, Ashlee went from foolishly declaring Sean to be her “soul mate” prior to his decision to let her go and then inaccurately and unfairly labeling Sean a simply a “frat boy” at this Tell All episode after the fact.

Regardless of whether or not Sean really did say to AshLee that he “had no feelings for the other two remaining ladies”, for Ashlee to repeatedly assert on TV to Sean and all the viewing public that he had said this and that he was lying if he denied it, simply came across as her trying to save face and recover from embarrassment from acting like a fool by means of trying to place the blame for it on Sean, implying he had mislead her by such a supposed comment into thinking she was definitely “the One”, and that he had played her for the fool. Yet the truth is that she herself is to blame for having behaved like a fool by making such crazily-hasty “Sean is my Soul Mate” comments. Heck, unless you’ve been happily married for 25 years, no one should be making such a comment like that, especially not when it’s on a “reality tv” show in an artificial atmosphere which is not real life.

Lastly, while Sean isn’t perfect in his character either, I do think he is earnest. I do hope he chooses Catherine. If so, it will prove that Sean is an earnest, good guy.

Catherine though needs to overcome her self-esteem issues, and stop subconsciously convenying the notion that she is out of Sean’s league. For sure, guys initially love a girl who is “beautiful but doesn’t know it”, but in time it can wear off. If over time she behaves too subservient and worshipful of him, then that is just as bad long-term as the other extreme of being too serious and controlling which Ashlee represented.

Comment by HunkeeMonkee — March 9, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

107. WELL SAID, HUnkeeMonkee!!……well said!

Comment by Pamela B... — March 10, 2013 @ 7:53 am

108. Ok, adding my thoughts :

About Tierra : I watched the show from the beginning and don’t really understand why is she so booed. To me, it appeared that all she did was being anti-social. That is not nice, but surely is not a crime. I can understand her up to a point. I mean, they were all rivals competing for the same guy, why feign a friendship that she doesn’t feel? She had the right to choose to be a loner if she wanted to. I don’t get why would the other girls make such a big deal out of it. Sure, she could have been nicer, more polite, but if she wasn’t, why not let her sit by herself and ignore her? Why they have to attack her just for being anti-social? I just don’t see the necessary to make such a big deal, even less to talk to Sean about it. In my book, that is sabotaging. Why not just let and mind their OWN thing with SEAN..for Sean they came, not for Tierra, right? Just because someone has a different kind of personality doesn’t mean they are a bad person.
    And what’s this thing about her eyebrows? She actually has beautiful eyebrows. She is a very pretty girl. People need to give her a break. I wish I looked like her, and I’m sure many others do.

On ASHLEE : She was way behind Des and Leslie on my favorites list, and I don’t find her as pretty as some other girls. But I do believe she fell in love with Sean and I started to root for her when she had the courage to confess her love. It takes a lot for a woman to say I love you to a man first. Especially in this particular situation. I admired her for that. I loved when she shouted “I love Seaaan!” on the beach. I liked when she gave him the scarf to blindfold her and told him this was her way of showing him that she lets him lead her and the relationship. It was such a sweet way of submitting herself and relinquishing control. I also liked how she followed him into that cave to show his trust in him.
    Ashlee definately has childhood issues to work on, and she needs individual counseling. But she has a great, loving heart and a lot to give. I disagree with the ones who say she is too serious. She just needs someone to make her smile again. She’s deep and mature, instead of funny and shallow.
    As for Sean saying that he has no feelings for the other girls, I’m sure he didn’t say it. Either Ashlee misunderstood, or she wanted to get back at him. If the second, it was not nice of her, I agree.

About DES: My personal favorite ! Pretty, sweet,independent, a matching personality for Sean. I can’t believe he let her go just because her brother questioning him rubbed him the wrong way. I mean, the guy was even right somehow: ” You’re crazy about a lot of girls, aren’t you? ” Well, Sean did say he was crazy about many other girls. Why would Des’ brother not question his seriousness? He could have very well proven him wrong by choosing Des. What a bride she’d have been !
    I too agree she should be the next Bachelorette. She is just as sweet and pretty as Emily and Ashlee.

Blonde LESLIE: I liked her with Sean. She was my second fav. They had insane chemistry, and I loved that Guinness Kiss. Shame that she lacked Ashlee’s courage, and didn’t tell Sean how she felt about him.

SARA: I never cared much for her. One or two arms. She didn’t stand up in the crowd neither through beauty nor anything else. She seems like a nice girl but nothing special. Same goes for Selma, never cared for her either.

CATHERINE and LINDSAY : Both pretty and funny. I tend to like Lindsay a little bit more. She stood up from the start, arriving in that wedding dress. Thumbs up for originality and for courage. She started off as a bride, and she may end as one.

SEAN: I really like Sean. He’s warm, understanding, adventurous, open-minded. I can tell he doesn’t have a mean bone in his beautiful body, and this is such a rare quality. I wish Sean the best, with whomever he chooses.

Comment by celine31 — March 11, 2013 @ 12:52 am

109. Michael – I think you are spot on with everyone. I like your commentary and your personality. I’d like to see you on TV doing your own thing because you are interesting and NEVER boring! You tell it like it is. I’m wondering if it might have occured to you that Sean isn’t picking either one and is ending up with Dez? It occured to me when he was reading a letter that it could be from her. Then Dez and Sean’s interesting exchange on WTA made me wonder if he threw a curve-ball ending to the show, changed his mind about Dez and picked her. There’s suppose to be a dramatic ending….could be what’s going on?!?!

Comment by Sherri — March 11, 2013 @ 9:37 am

110. Michael,

You are just too cute and funny! You’re new finace is way lucky!!

Comment by Anna — March 12, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

111. Michael Stagliano’s Bachelor Blog: WTA | The Bachelor, ¿Que mas nos puedes explicar?, me resulta insterense esta articulo. Saludos.

Comment by alarmas — July 5, 2013 @ 4:06 am

112. ¿Puedes explicarnos màs sobre esto?, ha sido fantastico encontrar mas informacion sobre este tema.

Saludos

Comment by rehabilitacion de fachadas — July 5, 2013 @ 4:37 am

113. You can know more about them online and take their help.
    Make sure to wrap delicate items well so that they are not
    broken in the move. So, if you are planning to hire such
    a company in Montreal, you will be overwhelmed with the
    wide selection of companies.

Visit my web site; demenagement bruxelles

Comment by demenagement bruxelles — April 9, 2014 @ 7:43 pm