Michael Stagliano’s Bachelor Pad Blog: Episode 8

Bachelor Nation,

Wow… (Not WHAOW this time, haha)

Hard to know what to feel or write after watching that.  There is obviously A LOT to go over, and I want to cover all of it, I apologize if this gets lengthy.  I have put in BOLD the topic of each paragraph in case you want to skip around, but if you are in for the whole thing…I hope you enjoy. :)

While I am not sure if this will be my last blog, I am pretty sure that this will be my last time on the reality small screen.  So for those of you that have watched the last few years and read this blog every week… Thank you all for the love.

HOT SEAT: Rachel

I was obviously told ahead of time that I would go in the hot seat and that I would talk about how things ended with Rachel, the game…etc.  So I had some idea of what I was going to say.  I was not ready for that video that played that essentially made me look like a conniving, manipulative, gamer that was just playing with Rachel’s emotions.  It very much felt like a “hot seat.” I had never been there before, and I now know why they call it by such a name.

Some things I would like to clarify:  First, is that I am sorry.  I said this repeatedly on camera though it didn’t air.  I feel terrible about what happened with Rachel and the point I kept bringing up was that “we just never talked about it.”  Rachel and I were NOT there for a long time.  From the time we kissed till the time I left (in real time) was 8 or 9 days.  Just a little over a week. While some of the other couples were talking about post-show relationships, Rachel and I had not.  I swear on my life I did NOT know she was falling in love.  Watching it back I could see her saying it in interviews but those words were never said to me.  HOWEVER – I am equally as ‘guilty’ of not sharing how I felt. We both made mistakes, and there was a lack of communication. Jaclyn’s claim that I made it all up and was leading Rachel is completely inaccurate and Jaclyn has since apologized for even saying it.

The way I acted and the things I said about Rachel were because I LIKED HER.  There is a LARGE difference between liking someone and loving someone.  I am at the point in my life where I want to get married and I just didn’t see that with Rachel.  I had NOT dated someone seriously since Holly, so that is why I told that to Rachel.  I liked kissing her, so I kissed her.  I did what every other guy and girl do when they meet each other on a TV show or not.  I dated her, and flirted with her, and played her songs on my guitar… While we were filming I realized I wasn’t going to marry her or pursue a long-term relationship and I very much regret not being more open with her about that ON THE SHOW.  The second I was able to be honest with her OFF THE SHOW, I was.

The long and the short story with Rachel and I is this:  I am crushed that she feels I lead her on.  CHRIS lead Jamie on, THAT is an example of leading someone on… What happened with Rachel and I was severely different than that.  I think it is a situation that has an explanation. But the bottom line is that we just weren’t on the same page, we just didn’t communicate well about what we both wanted from the relationship/partnership and it makes me very sad that it ended with her being really hurt.  I absolutely take responsibility for it, still feel terrible about it, and wish her nothing but the best in life and love.

I’ve received some very strong and colorful comments/remarks leading up to this finale episode from some people who watch the show that seem to feel very personally attacked by my decision to not want to date someone. I am sorry you feel this way and that the feeling is so strong that verbally expressing these feelings is how you wish to handle your own emotions about someone else’s relationship status. I understand that we signed up for this – to put ourselves in the television spotlight for all to see and comment and question. If you as a viewer feel like I let YOU down, I truly apologize. However, majority of my remorse and apologies go straight to Rachel because in the end she was the one who felt personally hurt and reserves that right. But again, if you are disappointed in me, please know that I value your support over the past few years and I hope we can hug it out and make amends soon.

TONY and BLAKELEY

I have nothing but LOVE and happiness for these two.  They were very much like my brother and sister on the show, I was constantly talking to them, and though it is hard to see when you first look at them:  I think they are perfect for each other.  Listening to Blakeley’s words on the finale, I think she described it best: Tony lets her be her.  YES, Blakeley can be a little rough, swear a lot, has a lot of tattoo’s, looks like a rock star… But that woman is as soft and kind and caring as they come.  I don’t have enough room in the blog to write about why I admire and respect Tony, but not only is he an incredible father, friend, and fiancé…  He is just a walking positive, fun, light, in this world… If I don’t get invited to the wedding… I’m crashing it!!!  Love those two :) Congratulations and I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

ERICA ROSE

Call me crazy…. I still love that girl.  Do I think she meant the things she said?  No, I really don’t.  As she stated, “her reaction to someone hurting her, is to hurt them back.”  I truly have no hard feelings for Erica…  I DID betray her and chose my alliance over our friendship and that is NOT something that comes with a kind reaction.  I understand her frustration, and her being hurt.  I am sorry Erica, and I hope we can put the past behind us.

NICK’S DECISION

This was easily the biggest bomb of the night, I can guarantee you no one saw it coming, cast, audience, and producers… we were all SHOCKED.  Obviously, my reaction was that I immediately felt terrible for Rachel, and it is a complex situation to analyze…  But let’s try.

First, the gamer in me…gets it.  Sure, Nick was right…the game is for $250,000.  Nick did NOT have an alliance, he was kind of a loner, every week he seemed to duck under the radar and ultimately that is a really good strategy.  Natalie Getz did that in season one of Bachelor Pad; she kind of steered clear of the drama, and won.  I understand why he made that decision, and can recognize why he thought it was the right choice to make.  And if I am really honest with myself… It is one hell of a play.  And he played that part of the game brilliantly.

BUT… Two things get brushed under the rug when you look at it from that angle, and it is really important that it doesn’t get ignored.  First, Rachel has to pick SHARE… Think about that for a second.  No matter what Rachel said about wanting to leave, not wanting to be Nick’s partner… when she went into that deliberation room and picked SHARE… That is her actions (of which in her case especially, often speak louder than words) saying, “I trust him, he is my partner, he DOES deserve to be here and to WIN.”  Nick’s decision to KEEP betrays that, and that sucks.  Secondly, there is just an element of GREED here that I simply cannot ignore.  I think it is ugly, inconsiderate and can’t personally EVER imagine doing that to someone.  Here is why:

At the very least Nick knows he is getting $125,000 and will be the co-winner of Bachelor Pad.  He knows Rachel has gone through hell and back again, ultimately went AGAINST what she wanted to do in taking Ed and Jaclyn into the finale, and that keeping the money for himself would crush her…  I just can’t comprehend doing that to someone.  If I had the chance to give someone $125,000… I would.  I think there is a valuable lesson in putting someone else’s needs before yours that Nick does NOT GET… Sure, Nick doesn’t “owe it” to Rachel… But, I just don’t think that is how men/humans should act.  I really don’t.

To see the rest of Michael’s blog visit Parade.com.

1. I think that Nick definitely played the game dirty at the end. That said, it was awesome! Most in the house had very few nice things to say about him most of the time and he was usually on the chopping block. I was a fan who was not rooting for the power alliance (mainly the season 16 girls). I think it would have come off better if he had just kept his mouth shut but after his exit how couldn’t you believe he would do that to someone. I’m able to take my emotions out of it though and see it for a game and it was just pretty exciting to see someone who was underestimated come out the winner and completely blindside the power alliance entirely.

Comment by A — September 11, 2012 @ 11:13 am

2. I can’t read the rest of the blog. Can someone send me a better link?

Comment by S — September 11, 2012 @ 11:17 am

3. You can not get to the end without someone winning a challenge with you. Rachel helped Nick get to the end. Any kind human being would have shared. I am not sure what you would call the smirking, ass, that walked of the stage thinking he was the man. No wonder Nick is single. He does not understand that partnerships have good and bad days but you work it out and get through to the end together. Karma is a bitch, if I was Nick, I would be wondering when something was going to bite me for being greedy.

Thank you Michael for owning up to your mistakes and apologizing.

Comment by tj — September 11, 2012 @ 11:26 am

4. Also, I didn’t think you and Rachel were going to date after the show. You seemed very into the showmance and she kept trying to convince herself that those were feelings of love she was feeling. I also think that Chris truly liked Jamie at first but realized after he got to know her that she wasn’t for him and then he had to get out of that whole mess he created for himself (sadly involving Blakely who was a little over the top by not allowing him to talk to anyone but her). Both you and Chris led the girls on a little. Chris ended his quickly and painfully, you waited until the show was over. Relationship are sometimes messy and sadly Bachelor Pad relationship are open to criticism. We are attracted or not attracted to others for many reasons and then it progresses or it doesn’t, emotions get involved, people get hurt and want to blame this or that reason but that’s life, that’s love. I’ve had some awful relationships and some wonderful ones and thankfully they were not aired for everyone to see. I just don’t think people should be so hard on others especially when their relationships don’t work for whatever reason or when they make disappointing decisions.

Comment by A — September 11, 2012 @ 11:33 am

5. Hey Nick owed her nothing! He played the game fine..I would have done the same. I live in Sf and am an openly gay male, I see decent all around me, but I keep on living..Karma…enough of the karma is a bitch crap. We all sin EVERY DAY!!! Karma is a bitch is used now by jealous people.
    Nick is awesome…Love how he played it, he owed that chick who was in love with YOU..NOTHING! WELL DONE NICK! And go to hell MIKE!

Comment by John P Holmes — September 11, 2012 @ 11:54 am

6. Michael – I think you did the right thing with Rachel by telling her how you felt once you realized it was different than the way she felt. I feel terrible for her but you can’ force feelings.

Regarding Nick… I also get that this is a game BUT he acts as if he got to the end on his own. Reality is that if it weren’t for he AND RACHEL killing the final challenge he wouldn’t have been there at the end. Does he really believe all of those votes were for him or for he and RACHEL? They were for Rachel, so he can act cool and arrogant but the reality is that he wouldn’t be there without RACHEL. Not to mention, I don’t think he was all that ‘brilliant’, I think he was just a non factor and therefore, lucked out. Nick, you got lucky, there is nothing brilliant about you at the end. You didn’t start playing the game until you chose to keep the money. You’re acting as if you were some mastermind but we all saw what really happened. LUCK and GREED, not BRILLIANCE.

Comment by Nicole — September 11, 2012 @ 11:57 am

7. to Nicole, regarding Nick.
    Very much in agreement. The last time I checked “brilliantly” solved or played game- meant so why am I feeling now that his self-congratulatory bravado (in Nick’s final words, “I played the game brilliantly”) had no application at all in Nick’s case. There was no brilliance, no superb and impressive skills, no genius, no glorious spasms of his brain cells. Nick chose to stay under the radar, succeeded in attracting “zero” female attention and used the information (Rachel and Him discussed Sharing/Keeping prior to the finals). In the end Nick is an opportunist . The very lucky one. Nothing else, nothing more.

Comment by Malgorzata — September 11, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

8. to Nicole, regarding Nick
    Very much in agreement. The last time I checked “brilliantly” solve or played game, meant “in an extremely intelligent way>, so why am I feeling now that his self-congratulatory bravado (“I played this game brilliantly”)had no application at all in Nick’s case. There was no brilliance, no superb or impressive skills, no genius, no glorious sparks of his brain cells. Nick chose to stay under the radar, succeeded in attracting “zero” female attention and used the information (Rachel and Him discussed Sharing/Keeping prior to the finals). In the end Nick is an opportunist. The very lucky One. Nothing more.

Comment by Malgorzata — September 11, 2012 @ 12:42 pm

9. I wonder if Nick really believed 100 percent that Rachel was going to pick ‘Share’. Her best friend told her to keep the money and probably share it with her; they were even saying that he didn’t deserve it while the were backstage making their decision. I think he was covering up how he really felt with all the bravado and left quickly not to show any real emotion but seriously he’d been watching the show for how many weeks and hearing how every one in the house really felt about him. He took the chance on keep, it wasn’t brilliant but it also wasn’t awful. And more people voted for him over Chris than they did for Rachel over Sarah.

Comment by A — September 11, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

10. Michael, I don’t think you did anything wrong. Like you said, you were only around each other 9 days, which is not enough time to commit to a long distance relationship unless you are 100% sure.

As for Nick. I am not surprised at all that he did what he did. I think it was smart of him to do it. He was not in an alliance and if Rachel had her way, Michael would have been sitting there with her. She based all of her decisions during her partnership with Nick on what Michael had to sayon the phone. And for all he knew, she could have kept the money and split it with Michael later, using the excuse that he was her original partner, got her in the alliance, etc.

However, I did think Nick acted like a ass after the fact. He should have just explained himself better, reiterated that if they had been partners all along, he would have gladly shared, but she didn’t even want to be partners with him. If he didn’t act like king of the world afterwards I would have been a much bigger fan.

Basically Nick has Erica to thank for getting him $250K!

Comment by Karri — September 11, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

11. Okay, so you may not have handled the situation with Rachel in the best way, but no one is perfect and relationships and all the emotions involved in them can be so complicated and hard to figure out. It’s not really anyone’s place to judge so harshly when they only saw what happened on TV and not the entire story. I still think you’re awesome, and wish you the best in your new relationship. Much love. :)

Comment by Megan — September 11, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

12. Dont care about Michael or his 2 bit justification. If he had apologized to Rachel for his d*@kish behavior before the finale taping, she probably would not have been so upset with him. Writing essays after the fact, trying to prove your point means naught.

Nick’s move was brilliant and the speech he gave before his ‘keep’ move, justified it all. He owed nobody after being constantly insulted by his partner and her alliance ( Well mayb he owed some of his victory to Erica for her brilliant play). He made a ballsy move and it paid off. For once… the finale was entertaining. Bpad beats Bachelor/ Bachelorette any day. Enjoy your riches Nick.

Comment by Candice — September 11, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

13. HOT SEAT: You handled yourself as best you could and I could tell that you were not really as into her as she was into you and to be honest the fact that you told her to stay behind to me was basically saying you are not going to continue it. You were doing nothing more then everyone else was doing, she just let more emotions get in the way. And I agree the only person you should apologize to is her and not for not loving her like she did you but for not talking about it.

Tony & Blakeley: OMG…so very happy for them!!! When everyone was saying crap about them here at work I was like how do you all not see it between them. She deserves a good guy and he is just that from what I can tell.

Ericka Rose: Love her, love you hope that you all can patch it up.

NICK’S DECISION: WOOOOHOOOO!!! I can not say that I feel bad in any case or form here. He played it and he played it well and quite frankly I do not think ANYONE gave him enough credit and to be honest I think that made him choose how he did. Quite frankly look back at all the crap everyone said about him. And for her to tell him things like I could with this if Michael is here, sorry but it was just wrong. I lost all respect for her the minute that she decided not to pick her friends who stood by her she was willing to take the money from them, people she loved, so to those of you saying Karma, well it took a big bite of Rachel that is for sure. She took the chance away from her best friend and Nick took it from her. Plain and simple at least he was not doing it to someone who trusted and talked him into staying. WELL PLAYED!!!

Comment by Crystal — September 11, 2012 @ 1:15 pm

14. Even though he was clearly greedy, it was still a pretty awesome way to end the season; it’s never been done before which is pretty amazing considering what people will do for money. It was bound to happen. Money can make people pretty crazy. It was a game, he had a choice for a reason, and made his decision.

Comment by kadence — September 11, 2012 @ 1:15 pm

15. Michael- I appreciate that you took responsibility for your actions and apologized to Rachel. I also appreciate that you took the time to share exactly what happened on and off camera to the readers of your blog (the fans). Your blog, by the way, was really well written! Great job! @Candice- People don’t get over relationships in a week. The finale was not filmed that long ago. It’s going to take time for Rachel to recover both from what Michael did to her and what Nick did to her. Maybe Michael’s “essay ” means “naught” to you , but it doesn’t mean nothing to me. He’s not trying to prove a point but rather being a man and taking responsibility for what he did. That is a hard thing for a man to do. For that, I applaud Michael.

Comment by Beth Holler — September 11, 2012 @ 1:22 pm

16. Michael, I think you are awesome, awesome, awesome! I enjoy your tweets, blogs and YOU! I just wish the world was filled with more people like you. You inspire me to be a better person, and I thank you for that. Best of luck to you, and I am Soo happy for you! Please blog again next time! The highlight of my Tuesday!

Comment by Holly Lahner — September 11, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

17. Hey Michael. DON’T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN. Bye Michael.

Comment by ExStag Fan — September 11, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

18. Okay, I just read your blog. Shit, 8-9 DAYS???? All is forgiven.

Comment by EX ExStag Fan — September 11, 2012 @ 1:58 pm

19. It’s a game. Nick won.

Even Chris Harrison defends him in his blog:

“Bachelor Pad is a game. From the moment you arrive at Bachelor Pad the fact that you are playing for a quarter of a million dollars is always on your mind. Nobody, especially nobody in Rachel’s alliance, gave a damn about Nick. Not only did they not care about him, but they didn’t think he had a chance to make it to the finals. Nick was expendable and he was being used. Rachel, Michael, Jaclyn and Ed were only keeping Nick around until it was time to put him out of his misery and vote him off the show. As soon as he wasn’t useful anymore he was going to go… at least, that was the plan. Even while he was sitting on the stage, nobody in Rachel’s alliance felt he deserved the money or even to be up there. The only problem with that thought is whether you think somebody “deserves” it or not, he was there. I thought Kalon really put it in perspective when he told the other contestants that they didn’t really understand the true meaning of the word “deserve.”

“So the question Nick faced was should he split the money with a woman he never had an alliance with, who didn’t really respect him as far as the game goes, and didn’t think he “deserved” to be there… or should he keep the entire amount for himself? All I know is I’ve been doing this a long time and I thought I had seen just about everything, but obviously I was wrong. I was stunned Nick *HAD THE GUTS* to actually pull the trigger and keep all the money for himself. The audience loved the move and went nuts when he revealed his decision. The look on the other cast members faces was priceless.”

Comment by Cassie — September 11, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

20. Nick did the right thing. Rachel didn’t stay because of him, she stayed because of Jaclyn and Michael. She should have kept it for herself but that wasn’t possible since that would mean they both picked keep.

Comment by JLLong — September 11, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

21. Bottom line is, we don’t know you. We don’t know any of these people. Things are edited.

But Michael, you did state in that clip that your reasons for hooking up with Rachel…and among them was “she’s allied with the girls.” It seems pretty convenient to get yourself in with her and be part of a power couple.

Bottom line is – don’t sleep with a girl and tell her things you said when you’re really not that into her, when you just really LIKE her. And as Candice commented, you could have apologized to Rachel way before the finale taping.

It sure sucks to be Rachel right now, but you guys did dismiss Nick and kept him around until, like Chris Harrison said, he was expendable.

Nick won, played a good game by staying out of the ridiculous drama in the house, and then played brilliantly with his speech right before he chose KEEP. He wasn’t exactly gracious about it, but he had a whole crowd going nuts and cheering him on.

Hopefully he buys Rachel an expensive designer bag or pair of shoes or whatever it is girls want.

Comment by Jolene — September 11, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

22. @ Jolene

Hopefully Nick buys Jamie a 24 karat gold thong to replace that atrocity that was on her head last night.

I don’t think Nick didn’t do anything wrong. He had no alliance with anyone and if he had been in a partnership or romance from the beginning, he would have shared. If anything, this will make BP4 a little more interesting!

CONGRATS, NICK!

Comment by Dave's Stalker — September 11, 2012 @ 2:38 pm

23. *I don’t think Nick did anything wrong*

Comment by Dave's Stalker — September 11, 2012 @ 2:39 pm

24. Michael,

I can understand why you didn’t love Rachel as beyond her hotness, there really isn’t much there. She seems sweet but lacks personality, which Holly had a lot of. I am amazed she fell so hard and fast after 8-9 days.

I appreciate that you showed remorse and were visibly pained by Rachel’s pain, though I am not sure whether you truly empathized or whether you were merely concerned about your image — based upon the clips of you boasting about being puppet master and manipulating people.

I do believe you may have let your “Fame” go to both heads — since you have boasted that your appearance on this show leads women to throw themselves at male candidates, allowing them to pick and choose. I feel you used both Rachel and Donna.

If I understood correctly — you slept with her (had sex?) on the show, fondled her, were physical, told her you cared for her as much as you did Holly, and then while still dating someone else, visiting her after the show and slept with her again? You were clearly using her. Good guys don’t do that, no matter what their hormones command.

How bizarre for Rachel to fall so hard and fast so soon. Where were her standards? Her problem was that she was too easy and allowed her emotions to get ahead of her. She seemed almost desperate for love and in love with the idea of love as opposed to in love with you.

You live and learn. I hope you are serious about getting married and will not use women like this again. She is still someone’s daughter and friend, not just a plaything. Having said that, I was glad to see you own up to what you did and show some remorse.

Take care and good luck!

Comment by Appleshe — September 11, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

25. Oh and like Dave’s Stalker, I don’t think Nick did anything wrong either. I would have made the same decision. He didn’t owe Rachel anything. Yes, it would have been nice to give her the money, but she said all along, she didn’t want it.

Comment by Appleshe — September 11, 2012 @ 2:44 pm

26. @ John P. Holmes — There most definitely is such a thing as karma, but I think Rachel’s the recipient of it since she sold her best friend Jaclyn out, and her entire alliance treating Nick so dismissively. As far as Nick’s karma, I think he’s pretty clean. Actually I think he has GREAT KARMA since he was given the chance to sneak in and win 250K from all these backstabbing drama kings and queens! ;-)

Comment by Cassie — September 11, 2012 @ 2:48 pm

27. Thanks for what does sound lIkehonesty and sincerity,
    I appreciated reading your thoughts, it is a very well written
    Blog, I completely agree with what you wrote about
    Nick. I am still a Fan and wish you well!!

Comment by Arch — September 11, 2012 @ 2:58 pm

28. Off the subject for a minute, but did anyone think Erica Rose looked fantastic last night? She chopped off her hair at a flattering length and let it go to a more natural color. I think she also let the Botox wear off, because she was expressive and didn’t creep me out as she usually does.

And if Jamie has any real female friends, they clearly hate her for letting her walk out the door like that.

Comment by skylar — September 11, 2012 @ 3:03 pm

29. Michael,

You’re a sleazy bastard. Just saw your picks of Twitter. Pictures of your naked, headless, torso; randomly, indiscriminately kissing girls, etc. Yuck.

You are an STD waiting to happen. Yeah right, you want to get married. You think you are a Goddamned rock star and screw anything with a VJ. What a loser.

What you did to Rachael sucks, Man.

Comment by Pink — September 11, 2012 @ 3:03 pm

30. Whoa Pink!!!

Michael may have revealed himself to be a bit of a d-bag but I think you’re taking it a bit far. We don’t really know him. And what naked pictures? It may be stuff for his tour.

Comment by skylar — September 11, 2012 @ 3:11 pm

31. We saw Rachel call Michael and ask him for advice when she was supposedly Nick’s partner. Rachel did this all to herself. If she wanted Nick to be her partner and share the money, she should have treated him like a partner. We never got to see on tv her being nice to him or talking to him about anything, except the last episode. She was always calling Michael and crying over Michael and wanting to leave because of Michael. Good job Nick!! You rock!! Congrats!!

Comment by Dre — September 11, 2012 @ 3:25 pm

32. CHRIS HARRISON BLOG ON NICK:

“Nobody, especially nobody in Rachel’s alliance, gave a damn about Nick. Not only did they not care about him, but they didn’t think he had a chance to make it to the finals. Nick was expendable and he was being used. Rachel, Michael, Jaclyn and Ed were only keeping Nick around until it was time to put him out of his misery and vote him off the show. As soon as he wasn’t useful anymore he was going to go… at least, that was the plan.”

Comment by Doodiekins — September 11, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

33. Michael, I sure hope you learned a good lesson. I still think you’re a good guy who made a mistake, but after 8-9 days, did she really think she was falling in love? It sounds like lust on the part of a female who just wants someone, anyone, to love her. It was kind of pathetic. I haven’t seen much personality in Rachel and she seems to be missing a backbone. She rode Michael and Jaclyn’s coattails to the end, then fell apart when one of the people holding her up left (Michael).

I am so glad I don’t have to see Chris’s disgusting face every Monday anymore!!!! He could care less about hurting anyone. He was pissed that his family and friends were all over him, and probably wouldn’t have even apologized if he didn’t feel he had to. He probably did it for his family’s sake, but it was so insincere, and he was angry he even had to own up to his behavior.

Way to go, Nick! That was awesome.

Comment by jessie — September 11, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

34. Hey Michael, I think in general you’re a good guy, so I just wanted to throw something out there for you (and everyone else) to consider even if you don’t agree.

You said that Nick knew “keeping the money for himself would crush her… I just can’t comprehend doing that to someone.” You also said, “there is just an element of GREED here that I simply cannot ignore. I think it is ugly, inconsiderate and can’t personally EVER imagine doing that to someone.”

I think you’re ignoring something here because you like Rachel and don’t want to see her hurt, and that’s the fact that Nick was also hurt. No one believed in him, no one thought he was worth a ****… Everybody wrote. him. off. It’s one of the worst feelings in the world. Just because he chose not to share the money with Rachel does not mean he’s greedy. I’m sure there are people in his life that he IS willing to share with and be generous with, people who have stuck by his side and in his eyes “deserve” it. He also said on the show that, had circumstances been different, he would have been perfectly ok with sharing with his partner and just taking the $125,000.

While it would have been very gracious of him to share the money with Rachel, I can’t fault Nick for standing up for himself. You could tell at the end of the show that most of the cast STILL didn’t think he was worth anything.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that food for thought out there, since everyone thinks Nick is a horrible human being and also everyone seems to be considering Rachel’s feelings but not Nick’s. As for Rachel, she will be fine with or without the money. She seems to have some great friends behind her back, and that is worth more than any prize money. It’s time for us all to congratulate Nick for a brilliant win, move on, and maybe think about treating everyone a little better.

Thanks for the blog. Enjoyed reading.

Comment by Ellen — September 11, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

35. Nick, soooo happy for you. I support your decision to KEEP. You truly deserved it. You’re a hottie!!!!!

Rachael, you didn’t say two words the whole season until Michael left, you wanted to leave, and didn’t want to be Nick’s partner. You would’ve never won against Ed and Jaclyn, Nick was the only one thinking smartly. You and Jaclyn were criticizing him up until the last minute to vote on the money. C’mon girl, you don’t deserve the money. I would’ve pricked you over too.

Comment by B-Fan — September 11, 2012 @ 4:02 pm

36. I think Michael went on B-Pad to make Holly jelous because she married Blake.

Rachael you didn’t deserve the money, but you’re too pretty for Michael.

Comment by Kerri — September 11, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

37. Great finally! Nick that was awesome. Congrats Tony and Blakely. Tony, you’re so sexy!

Comment by Sarah — September 11, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

38. Jaclyn, this was a competition for money, not a friendship game. If I were Rachael, I would diss your friendship. There comes a time when it’s “Game On,” you still acted like there were alliances to the end. You and Rachael were belittling the man that decides if Rachael gets paid. Blonde moment!!!!!!!

Comment by Michelle — September 11, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

39. Rachael, I feel for you about Michael. He totally led you on. He is a smuck!! Jamie, you’re a good person. You don’t need friends like Jaclyn, he trashy mouth is gonna end her up Bat shit Crazy!!!

Comment by Mariah — September 11, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

40. i see both their point of views.

nick didn’t have that kind of “relationship” with anyone really in the house so he didn’t really care about hurting anyone. I just don’t understand why he was acting so heartless in the end…

at the same time…without Rachel in the singing competition they wouldn’t have won it and everyone voted for RACHEL to win in the end…not nick…no one gives a crap about him. I really sincerely feel bad for her.

Comment by Sandra — September 11, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

41. Nick was awesome! He was justified in his decision. The mean girls/meatheads who were in an alliance are just bitter than one of “theirs” didn’t win. Rachel didn’t deserve to win, she made no effort and only won one challenge. She coasted by her good looks and her friendship with Jackyln and Michael.

Thanks Nick Peterson for making the show interesting! The rest of the cast is just spoiled jobless losers.

Comment by Mika — September 11, 2012 @ 5:57 pm

42. Rachel is a spoiled brat. Michael good job for dumping her and good job for Nick for giving her what she “deserves”. She bad mouthed Nick the whole time and then lies about it throughout the show.

Comment by Lilg — September 11, 2012 @ 6:03 pm

43. Team nick all the way! Finally someone with enough guts to demolish the alliance.

Comment by Team nick — September 11, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

44. I feel sorry for Tony but at least Blakely has a nice huge jugs. My Blakely doll doesn’t talk so I’m on the winning end. Does anyone know where I can but her green cleavage dress?

Congrats Nick, the schmuck with $250K!

Comment by bachobserver_31 — September 11, 2012 @ 6:21 pm

45. * has nice huge jugs *

Comment by bachobserver_31 — September 11, 2012 @ 6:35 pm

46. No matter what you do michael im always a huge fan. I think it was smart of you to be honest with rachael casue its better then faking a relationship with her. your a great guy michael and ill laways be on your side. Like in a book i feel like your water would turn white and you can defeat and monster or obstical that faces you…

Comment by N Brayman (michaels the man) — September 11, 2012 @ 6:41 pm

47. Why insult Nick when everyone is there for the money. You lied to Erica, Rachel lied to Jacklyn. These are people you professed to be friends with. Why us you moral compass higher than Nick’s. You all lied and cheated but that’s okay because you said sorry and pretended to look sad. Michael and Rachel, you both are pathetic and deserve each other.

Comment by Erica — September 11, 2012 @ 7:19 pm

48. Exactly@Erica.

Michael said he was there for love when he had a girl back home. Then he screws over his friends to stay for the money. He leads women on, plays puppetmaster, and manipulates to win again. Who is he to say anything?

Michael? Boooo Hissss!

Comment by Pink — September 11, 2012 @ 8:11 pm

49. Oh, and Michael? You look like a monkey!!!

Comment by Pink — September 11, 2012 @ 8:13 pm

50. I think Chris deserved the $250,000 and if Thai people have a problem with it that’s their own f*cking problem! Josh is a great cook too and will go far in life, but I’d buy Christine’s cookbook first.

Comment by Mary Jane — September 11, 2012 @ 8:33 pm

51. I don’t think anyone comes out of this season looking good. Lots of drama, lots of characters. Time to move on, next….

Comment by Realitytvfan — September 11, 2012 @ 8:34 pm

52. p.s. And so what if her pork belly dish didn’t look as presentable? Hello….SHE’S BLIND!!!!!

Comment by Mary Jane — September 11, 2012 @ 8:36 pm

53. @MaryJane- Are you talking about Master Chef? This is a blog for the Bachelor Pad. lol

Comment by Beth Holler — September 11, 2012 @ 9:01 pm

54. Just got around to watching the finale on Hulu. Whaow. First of all, I’ve got to agree with you that Nick was cruel. The first $125,000 was his because he won, despite others thinking he couldn’t do it. That means the next $125,000 was simply for screwing over a partner, who did stay with him despite an obvious massive desire to leave for love. I think they’ll have to create a new level of Bachelor for him. “Perma-bachelor” or something.

I was also stunned that you didn’t continue to pursue Rachel after the show. I think she’s a rare hottie and a sweetie, which I think you would agree with. I assume you had some personal reservation that’s undisclosed but means a lot to you. I could imagine she’s a bit dependent – one of those situations where one partner grants all the power to the other – which can be a turnoff. Just talking out of my ying yang here.

I hope your messages in the blog are received by your costars with understanding. Best of luck with your Chi-town girl and thanks for the insider review!

Comment by Mark — September 11, 2012 @ 9:31 pm

55. Beth Holler, OMG! THANK YOU! I don’t understand all the nasty comments about Christine, especially from the Thai community. Apparently the Thai and Vietnamese don’t like each other. But calling the contest rigged for Christine is pretty unfair. Her pork belly may not have looked like a masterpiece, but it all comes down to taste in my opinion and when you lose your eyesight you’re going to gain a super palette, am I right? I actually rooted for Josh and I think he’ll go a long way…sorry for rambling I took ambien a few hours ago haven’t feel asleep and probably won’t remember thisd tomorrow. Thanks for listening.

Comment by Mary Jane — September 12, 2012 @ 12:03 am

56. @ Beth, you think the pork belly was probably delish, right?

Comment by Mary Jane — September 12, 2012 @ 12:13 am

57. who is michael?

Comment by Mary Jane — September 12, 2012 @ 12:15 am

58. I have nothing but love for you. You are a great guy and if it didn’t work with Rachel, it didn’t. It happens to all of us but we don’t have the world watching. I am so happy that you have found someone and are happy, you deserve it.
    It was quite the finale on BP3~~

Comment by Claudia — September 12, 2012 @ 1:48 am

59. I didn’t watch this season (too much smut–I’m looking at you Chris from Chicago–) However, I can’t seem to keep away from checking into The Stag’s blog post each week. I love his insiders perspective and sense of humanity and decency he has. What happened with him and Rachel seems to be classic boy/girl start of a relationship–girl sees long term and hears wedding bells, boy sees…a nice girl he wants to kiss and hang with. Michael is a gentleman for apologizing. I am hoping that he is back this next season of hte Bachelor to blog again. He’s been the best blog on this site for quite a while!

Wish you all the best Michael!

Comment by Josie — September 12, 2012 @ 4:44 am

60. What is wrong with you people who side with Nick. He is a lowdown greedy you know what. May he choke on his winnings. Rachel, dont let this get you down. Money isn’t everything. I hope you come back next season.

Comment by Mary Dilissio — September 12, 2012 @ 7:34 am

61. Sorry fellas I love Chris, he had a hard time with Blakeley trying to manipulate him and to get her off him he tried to befriend Jamie. She was too clingy so he befriended Sarah. He is still young and need guidance but I wish him all the best, hope he and Sarah make it I love that couple also Kalon how can we tame a tiger get him a nice female, Lindzi. As for you Michael you are a good guy Rachel is not nice. you are better off without her. What Nick did was atrocious.

Comment by kavica — September 12, 2012 @ 7:50 am

62. @Mary Jane- I didn’t watch the Master Chef finale. lol. But I know who Christine is. I bet her pork belly was good. Michael is the person who wrote this blog. He was on the Bachelor Pad. Which is what this blog is about… not Master Chef

Comment by Beth Holler — September 12, 2012 @ 7:55 am

63. kavica, Blakely knew from the start there was something about Chris she shouldn’t trust. She was doing the best should could keeping that snake as a viable partner. She didn’t have much of a choice, as he was such an d***. She did what she had to do. She was awesome.

Chris needs guidance? But he’s a GROWN ASS MAN!

As far as what Nick did, he won a GAME!

Comment by jessie — September 12, 2012 @ 8:36 am

64. @S – http://www.parade.com/celebrity/news/2012/09/11-michael-stagliano-bachelor-pad-blog-what-really-happened-at-the-finale.html

Comment by spellingnazi — September 12, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

65. Chris Harrison, we love you!!!

Comment by Karma — September 13, 2012 @ 9:08 am

66. Michael you are a schmuck!! Rachael is a beautiful woman and didn’t deserve to be treated like that. You are not all that. You sound like an idiot saying you went on B-Pad for some fun. Loser!! You can’t find fun on you own.

Comment by Lyn — September 13, 2012 @ 10:11 am

67. Lyn, I agree. Michael used to be so sweet and innocent. Now he is acting like a entitled degenerate who thinks women exist just to serve his libido. He uses and discards women for his pleasure. The irony is that despite his so-called “music career” and reality “stardom,” Rachel has more class and quality than degenerate creep Michael. She was out of his league.

He looks like a twisted degenerate/weasel now. Just an ugly guy inside and out. He said it all when he said, “It’s evil, but that’s what I’m good at” and when he described himself as “devilish.”

I blame the corrupting influence of Mike Fleiss — poor little Michael wasn’t strong enough to resist and so he sold his soul to gain the world.

If that other woman stays with Michael though this she is pathetic. Michael IS a schmuck and user.

Comment by Natalie G — September 16, 2012 @ 4:10 am