NATALIE’S BACHELOR BLOG: EPISODE 6

Episode 5: Sean hit a new Lowe

Bears!!!!!! Yessssssssaaaaaa

Sarah proves yet again that she knows style from formal wear on down to casual wear in this cape sweater. Blue looks great on her and she never fails by having on the latest fashion trends.

Sean and Catherine: It’s about time

As Catherine is waiting in a whiteout blizzard, I can’t help but notice how stunning she looks from head to toe. Her hair is the perfect umber to pull off those over sized, gold hoop earrings. Her outerwear is very put together, even though I am sure she is freezing her ass off.

Um, why doesn’t Sean have someone driving them in this gigantic snow machine? So awkward with poor Catherine sitting in the front row, directly behind him. They are missing out on cuddling time. Seriously though, I am so confused as to why they consumed so much fuel on a monster truck snow mobile bus when the economy is in the shiester and gas is a cool $4.25 right now?

Catherine claims she loves the rugged, handsome manliness about Sean. I don’t see rugged at all. I see a man who is FOR SURE afraid of spiders. I bet he is the type who wouldn’t kill one because they are one of God’s creatures. Yuck. Actually, I see an Oompa Loompa whose skin is so sensitive that it turned Orange in the wind giving him that tan, albino glow. (Cue all Sean and Albino lovers to hate me forever right now.)

Catherine looks like she is going to watch the orchestra as she enters the evening portion of her date with Sean. Her knee length skirt and mother of four top isn’t working for me, but it clearly is for Sean so I suppose at the end of the day, I just need to get over it. She is so freaking cute and I am dying to do wonders with her style.

Catherine has been a playful pup with Sean today what with the sledding and, um, uh, the sledding and all, but now it’s time to open up to him. She has to open up and have something traumatic to say otherwise she is at risk for not getting the rose. Sean has obviously shown the women that he is attracted to people with super sad stories from the past.

One of the main reasons I like Catherine is because she is teaching Sean how to kiss. She is teaching him how to open his mouth a little without sticking out his baby turtle tongue.

Group Date: Tierra’s lips turn about as blue as Sean’s balls have been for years.

After a day of canoe riding in zero degree weather, an EMT is explaining to the girls that if they should get into trouble, the cute male lifeguard would be there to pull them out. At this point, the lifeguard is evilly glaring at these reality TV girls thinking, “Don’t be dramatic. Don’t be weak. Don’t make me jump in this freezing cold water for you.” Look out, because Tierra is already getting dramatic and we all know she is going to make a huge scene and most likely a splash. Needless to say, Sean has invited these girls to get naked and dive into ice. It’s like, if he wants a girl to have perma high beams, he doesn’t need to kill them! A single ice cube would have done just as well.

Why would Lindsey put her bare feet in the cold snow before it’s actually necessary to do so?! Oh, and what in God’s name is that huge tattoo on her foot? I’m getting a little irritated that some of the girls are acting overly excited about jumping into glacier water in nothing but a bikini in 0 degree weather after already being frozen from an obnoxiously long canoe ride. For those of you who don’t know what 0 degrees feels like, it’s indescribable. It literally takes your breath away and you actually aren’t supposed to be in it for longer than a minute. Even fully clothed. I don’t even know how they are changing their clothes, because, when it’s this cold in Chicago, I can’t even get enough strength or blood flow in my fingers to turn the key to start my engine. Swear.

I gotta say, I’m with Selma for not jumping in. I hate the whole “you only live once” line. It’s very annoying. If I don’t join the Canadian Polar Bear Club, I’m pretty sure my life will still feel fulfilled. Rather, I think, “I’m sitting in my comfy bed while reading a book, drinking wine and receiving a much forced back scratch from my boyfriend. YOLO.”

Daniella ain’t waitin’ for nobody. LOL she literally sprinted off like, screw you bitches it’s cold out here!

Tierra doesn’t even seem as cold as the other girls at this point! Look at her running and giggling when Sarah looks like a Popsicle already!

Are you serious right now? Jeez. Of COURSE Tierra is being hauled off in hypothermia bags. I mean, yes, it’s freezing and I’m shocked they all didn’t need to be in those bags, but for real, out of all of them, her?!?!?! And after being covered up and hauled off to a warm car, she is putting her hands in the air and shaking them like crazy for extra dramatic effect. When you are cold, really freaking cold, you want your body parts all touching. She would be in a crunched ball. She wouldn’t even be able to shake like that. PUhhhhhlease!!!!!

Then she has the nerve to say, “I missed time with him,” as she is all comfy in blankets, sipping on a coffee. Like I said, when I have been severely cold, I couldn’t move my hands enough to do anything, much less clench a coffee mug.

In other news, is Sean trying to get all these ladies sick? After riding in a canoe and being freezing, the ladies then each have to interview with the camera (this takes FOREVER), he then has them jump in freezing cold glacier water naked, then stand out side and do MORE interviews, then have them canoe back without heat lamps, warm showers or anything to warm up their core temperature before hand? It’s not like they get to wait in warmth while the other girls are doing their interview. They had to just tough it out in the 0 degree weather somehow!

Tierra is now in a bathrobe and towel, eating what appears to be a Big Mac while the ironically good-looking lifeguard massages her feet. She looks ultra diva right now.

Oh Lord! Now she has on an oxygen mask, which was not on her face until she heard Sean coming up the stairs! She is laughing and telling Sean that she can’t believe he is seeing her like this. She totally took a shower and re-did her makeup, so I don’t know why she is acting like she is so haggard looking.

At the after party, Sean is pulled away by Sarah who shows him some super adorable photos of her and her family. She tells Sean that she hopes he can meet them one day. Sean then tells the audience that meeting a family is a big deal and that it’s scary, yet he is the one who is already talking marriage stating nonstop and constantly pointing out that he is confident his wife is here. Ummmmm, am I missing something?!?!?! It’s a hell of a lot scary to talk marriage on the first few dates vs. meeting one’s family!

The girls are all sitting around at the after party, discussing their equally shared disgust for Tierra and her 3 personalities. Lesley even calls her out on getting a concussion from falling UP the stairs hahahaha!!!!!!! I didn’t realize she fell UP the stairs! Jeeeez. She was more than fine! She has now snuck into the party after walking in heels, completely normal when Sean wasn’t around her. Now that Sean sees her, she is limping.

Sean and Sarah: Jerk Alert

WHOA! I did not see that coming! What the hell is the matter with you, Sean?! It’s way more humiliating to send Sarah home singled out this way vs. at a rose ceremony. She could have had a couple more days of fun with the girls. So ridiculous to pull her away from the rest of the girls and dump her. I am so sad for her. That was really low of him.

Sean and Desiree:

Sean and Desiree have a fun day of repelling down a cliff and climbing trees. Sean decides to take her to dinner in a teepee to see if she can handle it. Joke is on this rich, pretty boy when she looks at him and says, “Of course I can handle it. I grew up in a tent. You A-Hole.” Anyway, there was really nothing fun about this date because they are too normal and probably belong together.

Rose Ceremony: Breaking Bad

The Good:

Lindsey’s white cocktail dress is light and cute. The neckline is flattering and the ruffles add depth and detail. It’s hard to pull off white, but she definitely did so.

I love a man in a three-piece suit. If I imagine a different head on Sean’s body, I would be obsessed.

Desiree always has on a classy, simple dress. Her style and demeanor remind me of Jackie Gordon from Brad Womack’s 2nd season. There is something about her that screams class, money, beauty and brains. So insane to think she grew up in a tent and trailer parks. You would never have known!

The Bad:

Selma’s dress is very unflattering. The puffed sleeves and cut of the dress would look better on someone taller. She is going to be in a world load of pain when she gets home after receiving spankings from her Mommy and Daddy for dry humping on national television. I bet she is STILL grounded.

AshLee’s hair, makeup and jewelry are stunning tonight, but this dress isn’t doing it for me. Maybe it looks better in person, but she looks like she is in a wet suit. She could wear this to her next polar plunge.

Tierra’s dress is frumpy and tacky. The fur scarf has potential, but NOT paired up with this dress. Plus, she is showing off her legs in an unflattering way. Luck for this damsel in a dress, she gets one more week to prove herself to Sean. Not that it will take much, because for some reason he is infatuated with her.

Catherine looks like she is in a nightgown, but then again, isn’t great at picking out evening attire. She is, however, great at choosing every day casual wear. I’m not sure how I feel about Lesley’s dress. I’m 50/50 with it.

This has been a crazy couple of episodes that I have enjoyed big time. If Tierra wasn’t on this season, it wouldn’t be very much fun to watch.

My top three favorites at this point in the game (Not for Sean, but for me to be friends with. I’m selfish. Screw off.) are:

Daniella
Desiree
Lesley

Join me live this week on Wednesday, Feb 6th, at 9pm PST for a very special “Gossip With Getz” with special Guest, Ashley Palenkas aka 50 Shades Of Grey girl. Follow me on twitter for details.

X O X O

Natalie Getz
Twitter: @nataliegetz
GetzStyle.com

1. Ummmm, Daniella got let go lol, so she probably has to come off the list at this point! Another awesome blog! Thanks for taking the time to do blogs two days in a row! I’m kinda loving Des! I agree on the Catherine comments, looks totally cute, stylish and confident in casual settings, but a little awkward in more formal ones. Also, thank you for being the only one so far to say the way Sean let Sarah go was a big jerk move, I totally agree! What was he thinking?! As much as I can’t stand Tierra, this season would be a snooze fest without her!

Comment by Michelle — February 6, 2013 @ 10:13 am

2. You want to know why everyone misses Ashley Spivey’s “recap”? Because at least she had the guts to really write what was on her mind. And when she was ripping someone apart for looking like a fool (she didn’t care who it was, either), she was actually funny.
    All of yours and the other “recaps” on this site seem to find it easy to tear into Tierra, even Sean (I guess that’s ok on here), but you pretty much stay away from everybody else. That’s what makes it Booorring.
    And who cares what people are wearing, you are so shallow it’s pathetic, too bad you didn’t grow up in a tent, you seem like a spoiled brat. Not surprised you are still single.
    Want to read a real bachelor “blog” (for those that “think” these are funny?) .. Check out Jen Frase’s or Lincee Ray’s pages. That’s how you “blog”.
    You’re a decent writer, Natalie. Just the content stinks.

Comment by Canuckaluck — February 6, 2013 @ 10:25 am

3. Thanks for another peek into this world–and for your response to my quesiton on your last blog—keep it coming! :)

Comment by Maturesillyintellectual — February 6, 2013 @ 11:01 am

4. Boo… so bummed that you disliked AshLee’s dress! I thought it was so classy and understated. Loved it. Have actually been checking the blogs like it’s my job – AT my job – all day, to see if Possessionista has any leads on it!

Comment by Jamie — February 6, 2013 @ 11:40 am

5. Just FYI- the temp was 0′ C, while still super cold, is 32′F

Comment by Robyn — February 6, 2013 @ 11:44 am

6. Yeah, they were in Canada, so the “0 degrees” you keep droning on about, and the thermometer they showed on the screen, is 0 degrees centigrade. It’s 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Really not that big of a deal. I’m assuming you didn’t realize this with your long dramatic “0 degrees” talk.

Comment by Jillian — February 6, 2013 @ 12:08 pm

7. Sean was SUCH a jerk for letting Sarah go like that. Way more humiliating than at a rose ceremony. We were all hissing “NOOOOOOOOO!” at the tv.

Comment by Beth — February 6, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

8. ( Just fyi, I am not the same Beth as above. I am @bethholler lol). You are on a roll with the blogs this week. I still think Tierra was faking hypothermia. I did the polar bear plunge ( in Chicago might I add. I live there) when I was like 10 and I was fine. I am so tired of her. I like that you added more pictures this week! Thank you :) Also, you and Ashley S. are two different people with two different blogging styles, both wonderful. Some people just need to pipe the f*ck down.

Comment by Beth H. — February 6, 2013 @ 12:49 pm

9. Iincay blog sucks. Jenfrase is hilarious. Natalie you rock because you see through Edits and production. I know you gotta be pc when it cones to Emily m. I miss Ashley spivey’s blog.

Comment by Yelhsa — February 6, 2013 @ 1:51 pm

10. decent blog, unfortunately its still a distant second to Spivey’s.. Now those were entertaining from beginning to end and the captions. Pure genius so many of them.

On the positive side this blog is a lot better than the others. Though that may be because the rest are so boring and mostly recaps and not actual reviews.

Comment by noone — February 6, 2013 @ 2:01 pm

11. Michelle: Haha thanks! Do I really have to take Daniella off my list?! Ahhhh fine. Catherine will take her place I suppose:) PS I can’t believe more people didn’t think the way Sean singled out Sarah and dumped her was a big deal! I was shocked!!!!!!

Canuckaluck: Three things: 1.) I am not single. But thank you for allowing me to push your emotions so far off the deep end that you felt the need to throw out some hilarious insults. 2.) I’m not going to check out other people’s blogs b/c I don’t have time. Also, after watching the show and writing my blog, the last think I want to do is waste more of my time by consuming it with all things Bachelor. 3.) You tell me I’m shallow for commenting on the fashion? Interesting considering the main purpose for this blog is to discuss fashion. Do your research. At least I rip on their clothes and not their lively hood. Hope you feel better about yourself today after completely loosing it on a girl who was once on reality tv and writes a blog who you have never met.

Maturesillyintellectual: Anytime! Thanks for coming back and reading each week! I really appreciate it!!!:)

Jamie: I was on the fence about it. I think it probably looked amazing in real life!

Robyn and Jillian: You are right, I wasn’t paying enough attention to realize that. But 32 and 0 are both ridiculously cold! I still wouldn’t have taken the plunge hahaha:)

Beth: Agreed! Makes me mad b/c I know for a fact he is such a kind, caring guy. Don’t know why he thought it would be nicer of him to let her go in that way.

Beth H: Hahaha! I agree! People are so mad that Ashley isn’t blogging that they are taking it out on me as if I had something to do with it! DM me your email so we can get you on camera tonight!

Yelsha: Thanks! Glad you can like several of our blogs for different reasons:)

Noone: Trust me, I enjoyed Ashley’s blogs as well and miss them to! Now, reveal yourself!

Comment by Natalie — February 6, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

12. I’m sorry but Spivey’s blog was way better. At least she could spell. The content here is SO boring and she doesn’t even cover the rose ceremony at the end. Lame.

Comment by Brennan — February 6, 2013 @ 3:21 pm

13. Whew, tough crowd here. I enjoyed your blog. It’s a blog people; don’t like it, don’t read it! Keep it up, Natalie!

Comment by Olive — February 6, 2013 @ 3:46 pm

14. I don’t get comparing Natalie to one other blogger who is not here this season and who was just rude and not funny. Natalie has class and doesn’t stoop to insults in a failed attempt at humor. Please don’t compare her to that crap.

Comment by Ashley2 — February 6, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

15. Natalie I love you and everyone needs to chill out about thidr PASD (post ashley stres disorder) your blog is wonderful!

Comment by meli — February 6, 2013 @ 4:31 pm

16. I agree about what you said about Sarah. I think Sean was trying to pull an Emily — ie, I have too much respect for you to make you stand there waiting for me to not give you a rose.

He definitely singled her out and made her feel worse by cutting her as he did. He should have just cut her with the others or have manufactured a disagreement:

Sarah: I like my eggs boiled.

Sean: I like mine scrambled. I think we’re not a match.

Sarah? Yes, most men will not want you because of your handicap. but you don’t want most men. You want a man to love you for you, handicap and all. You will find that man and he will adore you. Good people are hard to find and you are one. Hold out for the right guy. You will find one.

Comment by page — February 6, 2013 @ 5:10 pm

17. AshLee’s ensemble would have been similar but better if she had worn this Tracy Reese instead: http://www.tracyreese.com/clothing/dresses/pintucked-shift-2511?color=Navy

Comment by Rose — February 6, 2013 @ 5:43 pm

18. nice comment from “page” on sarah – i totally agree! she doesn’t want most men! they’re boring. ha! i also agree that it was stinky how he did that. up until that moment he treated her just like everyone else. i was hoping for more from him but he failed right when it really counted. the hubbers and were wondering – where did the car take her? did they go to some crappy hotel for one night until the next flight outta calgary? or do they just drive around the block and take her back to the fairmont to chill until another flight is available? the immediate exit strategy always seems awkward, especially when the locations become more remote.

also – lake louise…..I WANT TO GO TO THERE!!! it has always been on my list. i will have to keep dreaming. someday!

yes tiarra was definitely faking the hypothermia. i agree with you on the cold. you want to crouch into a ball, not hold your hands out! also agree on the interviews in their bikinies after polar-plunging….CRAY CRAY! give those girls some hot chocolate and a space heater and some bearskin blankets and hats! JEEEEEEEZ. what a crappy date!

i love catherine, des and lesley the best as well as their fashion. des is way more awesome to me now that i know her history. what a humble wonderful person she is. i really hope it’s not an act and she is this cool in real life. catherine is just SO fun. you can tell she totally loves life. and she is just gorgeous – that hair!!! and lesley, always fun and classy. LOVED the outtake of her southern food picnic with sean. oh and also love lindsay. she is hilarious! and yes, awkward dancing to country music in front of a whole audience. was she a former gymnast? did you notice how gracefully she flipped her legs up around sean’s waist? i like ashley but she is starting to make me nervous with her crazy eyes.

p.s. i didn’t realize this was a blog competition. aren’t blogs just a free form of digital speech? those naysayers need to find a better way to spend their time. they’re not your editor or your critic. i wonder if they do know they’re annoying? also i wonder if they critique every thought their friends/family have when having a verbal conversation. weirdos!

Comment by jan brady — February 6, 2013 @ 6:20 pm

19. I didn’t like how Sean let Sara go that way either. He meant well but it made her feel worse, being singled out. I don’t think he realized the impact of that for her.

Comment by Ann — February 6, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

20. @Jan Brady – I agree with you 100%. It is nice seeing your comments on blog posts. :) Have a nice week!

Comment by Beth H. — February 6, 2013 @ 7:29 pm

21. You are a hoot! Love the blogs! You need to blog Bachelor Canada! It wasn’t the same without your fashion insight and hilarious commentary! Not sure if you can get it though:(?

Comment by Alli — February 6, 2013 @ 8:36 pm

22. Natalie,
    I’ve done my research, thanks. And no, I won’t be back, except to read the only “blog” on here, Dana’s.
    1. I know you have a b/f, but you haven’t exactly walked the aisle yet. And I have no emotion when it comes to any of you.
    2. I don’t give a ff what you read. Your business. I put it out there for others, not you.
    3. You don’t “recap” fashion, you recap your opinion of it. The Possessionista is the fashion blogger.

Enjoy your 15 minutes in your bachelor blogger world while it lasts, I hope for the website’s sake they get rid of all these repetitive recaps by a bunch of people with hardly any writing skills (ie. your spelling) and bring something new. I see Beth and all your 12 regulars ran to your defense as predicted. They’re the ones that got “emotional”. :-) Cheers.

Comment by Canuckaluck — February 6, 2013 @ 11:16 pm

23. Natalie,
    1. Apologize for the single comment, it came out wrong, I meant to imply you haven’t settled down. I know you have a b/f, but you haven’t exactly walked the aisle yet. And I have no emotion when it comes to any of you.

Comment by Canuckaluck — February 6, 2013 @ 11:19 pm

24. Have you ever met Sean and why don’t you like him? You come off like a scorned ex girlfriend. Very catty and immature. And you don’t think he is handsome? Yup you must have wanted to meet him and he wasn’t interested. I miss Ashley Spiveys blogs more and more after readjing this

Comment by Becca — February 7, 2013 @ 8:27 am

25. Only the real b*tches on here miss rude people’s blogs. And Sean is not handsome Becca. You are blind. Canuck, you can’t spell either. What’s wrong with you people that you get on here and are so rude to Natalie – I don’t think she has done anything to deserve your wrath. You are a bunch of nuts.

Comment by Sarah Whitney — February 7, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

26. Natalie, it’s always fun to hear what you think of people’s actions and outfits. I don’t think one person has jurisdiction over discussing fashion and anyone who has a problem with you covering this, well they are a noob because you’ve been commenting on people’s outfits every season. Ha ha, keep it up Natalie, you’re a fabulous person and have plenty of fans.

Comment by Mary A. — February 7, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

27. Why won’t anyone address that Tenley and Kiptyn have split up? Stop deleting my comments. This is America. Freedom of bitch people.

Comment by PEACE OUT — February 7, 2013 @ 5:25 pm

28. “PS- I know people have used my name to comment a few times, but just know that if it sounds crude and outlandish, it is DEFINITELY not me. I wouldn’t write a blog if I was going to freak out about the comments.”

X O X O

Comment by Natalie Getz — September 13, 2012 @ 1:02 am

Comment by jamie — February 7, 2013 @ 7:26 pm

29. Well, I continue to read your blogs because I used to love them. They used to be light hearted and funny, now you seem angry and mean. I just don’t think you are into this show anymore, and unfortunately it is starting to be reflected in your work.

I will continue to think you are a great person; however, you need to retire from your Bachelor blogging.

Comment by Louise — February 8, 2013 @ 4:53 am

30. You said(Tierra’s lips turn about as blue as Sean’s balls have been for years.)
    Haaaaa, ROTFLMFAO!!! That is why you are my favorite blogger to read on Bach.. recaps… Yeah Mr Born Again Virgin has a major case of blue balls or sort dick ( from masturbating) Great blog Nat!! Love it!!

Comment by Lemur P — February 8, 2013 @ 11:49 pm

31. LOL!! LITERALLY I actually did a real-life spit-take… I spit my Coca-Cola at my laptop screen as I read the “blue ball” reference. Wasn’t the easiest mess to clean up but was still soooo worth it. Thank you for that!!

Comment by Jennifer Spengler — February 12, 2013 @ 7:36 pm

32. P.S. Yours is my favorite blog, regardless of the fact that I am normally a Grammar-Nazi. I put my pettiness away in order to indulge in your episode summaries packed with your brand of “snarkastic” (snarky/sarcastic) humor and fun fashion-sense. Love!!

Comment by Jennifer Spengler — February 12, 2013 @ 7:57 pm

33. natalie, if you are going to do a vlog stop texting at the same time….stop having 20 windows open on your screen,or you create an echo…do you ever review your vlog, one person is screaming at the top of their lungs and the other is barely heard….get a clue natalie and do a presentable job or don’t bother.

Comment by joes — February 13, 2013 @ 12:53 am

34. You’re only eligible to guests in A couple of diverse sides during a period. Any time you invitee on a planet, in which entire world welcomes in to play on for the following A day. Following A day, you may choose to guests on a various world. You might signing in to your energetic guesting entire world as often as you want without any limitation. GOOGLE http://www.google.com

Comment by GOOGLE — March 5, 2013 @ 5:29 pm