Natalie’s Bachelor Blog: Episode 8

Skinny Dipping Is Hereditary

Ben and Lindzi:  Quit horsing around, Ben!

Lindzi and Ben look picturesque as they ride in a carriage pulled by Devon the horse to meet her parents.  Ben uses a lot of physical body language with Lindzi!  Her brown blouse is the perfect look for a horse and carriage ride through the country.

After Ben meets Lindzi’s parents, they challenge him to a carriage race, which turns out to be awfully cheesy.  I really adore Lindzi’s parents and especially the love they show her.  It makes sense that her parents would be so normal and wonderful considering she is the most levelheaded, mature woman this season.

I almost hope Ben does not pick her in the end, because I think she deserves someone who fell for her and her only.  I’m not saying Ben isn’t good enough for her, but I think she deserves to find love in a better way.  In real life, when I actually fall for someone, I lose all desire to flirt with other men. Just saying, no way in hell would I ever marry someone after seeing them connect with others just days before his proposal. After Ben truly connects with both of Lindzi’s parents, her father gives his blessing for Ben to marry his daughter.

Ben and Kacie:  You can bet your baton on the Bible belt that I need subtitles for these accents…

Nooooooooooooooooo Kacie. Nooooooooooooooo!  Oh my God, this is by far the geekiest thing I’ve ever seen a hot girl do.  I mean, really?  She is twirling a baton with an entire marching band and isn’t even cracking a smile.  She isn’t trying to be funny.  Nope, she sure is being serious.  I’m so uncomfortable right now.  She then attacks Ben with a run and jump hug/kiss and you can tell Ben is not into it.  She is for sure going home tonight.  Unbelievable.

As if this couldn’t get more uncomfortable…Kacie is wearing black workout pants that sag in her, uh, frontal regions with a cherry red top that could be ok if she wasn’t wearing it like a baton twirler.  Actually, no, it hits too close to the polo family.  She mismatched brown rider boots and topped it off with a “Flavor Flav” necklace.

It’s just weird to see her act so sincere when she blew her lid and said some pretty vicious things about Courtney.  I AM NOT defending Courtney, but I wish she hadn’t let herself be overcome by emotion and show a brutal side.  I know you all love her, but I am just pointing out my opinion!  I like her a lot as well; I’m just hoping the uncontrollable side I’m seeing isn’t really her.  We expect it from Courtney, but not Kacie.  I like that Lindzi stays completely unfazed by it all.

I get uncomfortable around people who choose not to drink.  If you have a legit problem and had to quit, that’s totally different.  But, when someone just chooses to cut alcohol out of their lives for no reason, it freaks me out.  I never trusted the straight edge type.  You know what they say… a glass of red wine a day keeps the shakes away.  Or something like that. Crap, maybe I have a problem.

After this date, I must say, Kacie is a little too much for me to handle.  She is always looking at Ben as if he is her drug and she is high as a kite off of his love.

Ben and Nicki:  Nicki’s brother needed more air time

Something flipped with Ben, and he is 100% so not into Kacie.  He is all about the other girls and with his romantic beginning of a date with Nicki it’s even more obvious.  She says, “Finding the right boot is like finding the right man.” Even Lindzi says, “Relationships are like horseback riding, when you fall off the saddle, you gotta hop back on.” [Long sigh] I can’t take it anymore.

Their date starts off exciting with a trip to get fitted for some cowboy boots!  Much better than baton twirling.  A lot of metaphors take place at this time and out pops an awkward looking Ben who can’t pull off the cowboy act or look to save his life.

Nicki’s parents are incredibly sweet and super cool.  I’m devastated I didn’t get to see more of her brother, but I’ll get over it.  Her family seems so normal and natural; nothing odd and no turn offs.  It’s got to be hard for Ben, because he is probably falling in love with these families making his decision even harder.  Her parents are the perfect example of how divorced couples should treat each other.  They seem to be friends and supportive of one another and you can see they handled it maturely through how they raised their daughter.  I’m really rooting for Nicki and Ben.  He is clearly attracted to her! The way he was rubbing her leg in front of her father?  Are you serious, Ben?  Don’t show PDA in front of parents the first time you meet them!  Paaaaa-lease!  Isn’t this in the rulebook to dating?  He is a make out machine with her!  Cute date. :)

Ben and Courtney:  It certainly won’t be a “white” wedding…

Ben claims, “It would bother me if I ended up with someone who rubbed people the wrong way.”  Hmmmmmmm.  Well… this isn’t good.

Courtney’s family really brings out the best in her.  She is incredible around them and they all have such loving relationships with each other.  Watching her mom’s mannerisms is now starting to make Courtney’s past expressions make sense to me.  Courtney talks in the same little baby voice to her mom and sister as she does to Ben.  Now I don’t think it’s fake anymore, but I think it’s her form of endearment.  It just sucks she had such a rough go with the girls and had to act so childish with her “winning” lines and rude comments.  I honestly really like her when she is being who she truly was brought up to be.  Her father is outgoing and seems like he would be a fun father in law, and her mother is level headed, sincere and kind hearted.  Courtney’s family is beautiful!

Courtney takes Ben to a park where there is a wedding being set up.  Her fake wedding to Ben.  Most guys would be a little (a lot) freaked out by this, but not Ben.  He remains unfazed and even writes some pretty serious vows.  Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Rose Ceremony:  I’ll take an O’Doul’s, please.

I need a lot more than an O’Doul’s to comprehend what just happened.  Not Kacie being sent home, but her reaction in the limo.  Yeeeeeks.  She went from super chill and calm, to upset and sad, to super upset, to crying to the point where she couldn’t breathe, to then being super pissed off and raging.  This is how younger ladies handle breakups.  I think Kacie has a lot of emotional maturing to do before she gets married.  I’m not saying that’s a bad thing at all.  It’s good to grow and go through different phases of life.  We are not in a race and marriage is forever, so we need to make sure we are mentally prepared to take such a huge step.

Bravo to all the girlfriends this week for dressing to impress!  Lindzi’s dress stood out to me the most, however, I don’t think she has ever worn a dress that is not asymmetrical.  She needs to switch it up!  Kacie’s dress is cute, simply put.  I like the bubble cut, but she could have pinned or belted the dress to make it look a little more formal and give it some shape.  Courtney once again shines in a gold, sequin number complete with strappy nude heels to elongate her legs.  Nicki played it safe this week by opting for a basic, little black dress that fit her hourglass figure perfectly showing the right amount of leg.

GetzStyle Award:  This week I’m giving the award to Nicki for helping Ben get out of his California shell and dress like a cowboy!  The teal cowgirl boots she picked out were pretty sick, so I know this girl has some good taste…maybe just not in men.

“True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.  It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.”  -Audrey Hepburn

X O X O

Natalie Getz

Twitter:  @nataliegetz

“Gossip With Getz” Live every Tuesday at 5pm PST www.TheTVSpot.com

1. I knew the minute I saw Kacie’s red polo-ish shirt, that you would comment on it in your blog. So true! Loved the read….

Comment by KLeigh — February 22, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

2. Nice blog Natalie! I really enjoyed it. I have to say its so hard to read you write ANYTHING nice about Courtney. I don’t have a problem with her quips, her sarcasm or even her expressions (while annoying to watch). My problem is how venomous she has been to the other women. There is spunk and banter (like you Natalie) and there’s downright mean-spirited provoking. She’s like a spoiled 12 year old.
    I’m not sure there is a kind bone in her body.
    That said, your awesome in my book!

Comment by Amanda — February 22, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

3. Enjoyed your blog Natalie. Kudos to you for being kind to the families–they get dragged along for the ride and really are gracious, considering the situation they are put in.

Comment by Bach fan — February 22, 2012 @ 5:46 pm

4. Great blog as always. I think short term, Courtney and Ben are a good match. I’m not a huge fan of hers based on what I’ve seen, but they seem to click. He has seen/heard some of her jabs towards the others and didn’t even blink!! I guess we can’t help who we like/love, but I sure can’t wait to hear what he thinks about everything after watching the show.

Comment by Jenn — February 22, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

5. As a mother 53, SPED Master I see signs of sex abuse and elitist tormentor in CR.
    Ben really needed his father. He shows signs of biological manipulation.
    The entire cast needs counseling (all episodes)because this concept builds the foundation for inferiority, bullying, and rejection…in the least. This is the prime time MEAN GIRLS/BOYS dominion for totally unrealistic appropriate multiple partner relationships, e.g., monogamy. It is sad to see what we are subjecting our learning adults to and we wonder why mental health is on the decline in this country? These poor kids.
    My daughter is a single heterosexual 21 year old level headed NO TATTOO young lady raised by a single mother with a minimal visit father until his death when she was 10. I fear for this generation of misfits and do not want her to give birth to a child because it is not going to get better. How in good conscious can we say any of this on THE BACHELOR shows are o.k.? for the entire world to see how in the “toilet” this generation is???? These are the prospected upper middle class. God only knows about the other four?? Pitiful ABC, I’d be ashamed.
    I do apologize this is not the only realistic representation of this generation our sick media is airing. Just makes you cry out for the Amish culture. Just look we are a bunch of “fruitcakes”.

Comment by Cynthia Baker — February 22, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

6. Natalie….I absolutely love this blog! How refreshing it is to read a spot-on recap.
    I agree with you about Kacie, as soon as I saw her marching with the band and twirling her baton…well let me put it to you this way, it was hard to watch. Also, the minute that I saw her walking Ben to the car and the way they said goodbye to each other I knew she was the next to go.
    I am so glad you described Courtney’s family in the way you did because I thought the same thing…they really seemed like very nice people. I truly think that Courtney was just not cut out to be in that type environment to find love and her true self was actually what we saw with her parents and that’s what Ben sees.
    Thanks Natalie…

Comment by Annie — February 22, 2012 @ 7:08 pm

7. Loved your blog, as always and agree with everyone else who has posted about appreciating your positive comments about not only the families but also Courtney. I can’t say I’m her biggest fan, but she has definitely been an interesting/entertaining character.

About Kasie’s pants… I think it was a tank top under her shirt that caused the “baggy crotch” look. I thought her pants were baggy at first, but I think it was a black tank top.

Comment by Ivy — February 22, 2012 @ 7:45 pm

8. Have you ever thought about why you’re insecure amidst non-drinkers? Must be a reason. Also, you seem to apologize for your criticisms. Don’t apologize for what you say, even if it’s not all teddy-bears and gumdrops. We like your opinions. That’s why we read them.

Comment by Livia — February 22, 2012 @ 9:03 pm

9. Nice Blog!! I enjoyed it Natalie!! : )

Comment by Emily M — February 22, 2012 @ 9:04 pm

10. I love that you ended your blog with an Audrey Hepburn quote… Excellent choice :) Your blog was the best! I really appreciate that you’re the first one to comment on the fact that Kacie’s dad was pretty spot on. He clearly knows his daughter and I thought everything he said made sense. I also really respect the fact that you said that if you were chosen in the end you would say no to a proposal and yes to dating. I completely agree!! I always wondered why no one ever thought of that, because it makes so much more sense. I know you don’t get the shiny Neil Lane ring but I think it would end better for so many more couples this way! So thank you for finally being the one to say it :)

Comment by Courtney — February 23, 2012 @ 7:56 am

11. Nice recap..Love the fashion stuff you write about..im all into fashion as a man..yes I know Im a metro sexual..so what..I think men need to look good.
    I was a bit surprised to see kacie B go off in the limo like she did..but that is upsetting and frustrating. i hope her the best in life..she is a fun nice gal.
    Thanks Natalia for taking the time to write this blog for our entertainment!

Comment by Allen — February 23, 2012 @ 9:46 am

12. Natalie,

I always look forward to your blogs. You are hilarious and spot on with your fashion advice. The only thing that bugged me a little bit was your statement, “This is how younger ladies handle breakups.” This is a really broad statement. Each person matures at a different pace, and people of the same age can be on a totally different level. I think Kacie is 24. One example is that the new Bachelorette, Emily, is 25 and she is very mature. I am 25 and have been married since I was 22 (we dated 4 years before marrying). I have an awesome husband, we are best friends, and have a lot of fun together. I guess my point is that it really bothers me when people generalize.

Anyway, I love ya; you are fabulous. Just my thoughts this week. Looking forward to your next blog!

Comment by Sarah — February 23, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

13. Love this so much!

Comment by Hi — February 23, 2012 @ 4:12 pm

14. If Courtney is even possibly prego then her and Ben did more than skinny dip together, and no birth control either? What a skank?

Comment by EazyWriter — February 23, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

15. EazyWriter: I’d say 95 percent of the chicks who come on this show are SKANKS. And famewhores.

Comment by FACTS ONLY — February 23, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

16. EazyWriter: I’d say 95 percent of the chicks who come on this show are SKANKS. And famewhores.

Comment by FACTS ONLY
    ** I agree! Look at the cards we have had..Vienna-Elizabeth Kit-Courtney-Holly-Ali-Jenifer Croft- Mellisa Rycroft-Jake..the list goes on…Most of the bachelor Pad contestants fit that bill also..All fame whores. cant even stand to see them they may be pretty on the outside but after you see them for sometime they all become ugly..Like any long term relationship..girl or guy may be pretty but that can wear off fast.
    The one I wish never ever to see again her ugly face is Vienna..I just am totally repulsed by her in every way!

Comment by April Sutter — February 24, 2012 @ 12:03 am

17. Nat, it is possible to have fun without alcohol. It’s called pot.

Comment by a Chick — February 25, 2012 @ 12:25 am

18. Ben’s cream dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWt_DifczOM

Comment by richard — February 25, 2012 @ 3:32 am

19. Kleigh: haha! polos are the worst! Glad you enjoyed the blog:)

Amanda: I agree… I hate that she is constantly being mean to the girls and I sincerely wish Ben could see through it, but he obviously likes that type of girl. And yes, her jokes and facial expressions are hilarious- but it’s the way she is so competitive and rough that makes me not like her so much! Thanks for reading!

Bach Fan: Thank you:) I always feel bad for the families for having to deal with being on TV, because it’s not their problem their child decided to go on! I’m glad non were edited to look creepy or weird. Glad the families were respected:)

Jenn: I can not wait until the “after the rose” episode! I am with you in that I think Ben saw her true colors and picked her anyway (if spoilers are true) because he likes her a lot, but it will be interesting to see how he feels after watching her constantly be a you know what!

Cynthia Baker: I sometimes call the show, “The Brothel” b/c I agree with some of what you are saying lol

Annie: Thanks girl! I’m so glad you like my blog and agree with it:) Always nice to hear such kind words!

Ivy: LOL! Now that I look closer, you may be right about the pants! Hahahaha! I was gonna say- what was she thinking with the drop crotch lol!

Livia: Thank you! I like that you respect my opinion:) Also, I was just jk about the non drinking thing hahaha- my mom doesn’t drink but she is still fun!

Emily M: Thank you honey!

Courtney: Thank you Courtney! Kacie’s dad is realistic and I like that. That’s what makes life work vs. people who just jump into relationships for the hell of it. You and I think alike! haha:)

Allen: I love a man who knows fashion! You sound fun! And yes, it was hard to watch Kacie in the limo…Thank you so much for reading!

Sarah: I completely agree with you. It’s not our actual age that says how old we are, it’s our maturity level. Kacie is way to young (mentally) to get married right now (in my opinion). But, you are right. My sister got married at 22 because she was ready and is now happily married with 3 adorable boys:) Thanks for reading my blog!!! :)

EazyWriter: LOL

Facts Only: You are probably right….hahaha

April Sutter: Me and some of my bachelor related friends agree with you in that some cast members let this go to their heads and it’s extremely embarrassing! No one who is on a reality tv show is even remotely close to being famous. Several of them need to get over themselves. It’s even more annoying watching it go down! I’m glad I met the “normal” ones…..those are my closest friends from the show:)

Comment by Natalie Getz — February 27, 2012 @ 1:43 pm

20. “Overall, I 100% agree with Kacie’s dad.  He is being logical about the situation and pretty much telling his daughter to not be naive.  Kacie is speaking as if she is the only girl in Ben’s life.  If I were the one to be picked on the Bachelor, I would definitely have said no to a proposal, but yes to dating and seeing how it goes.  Think about it…Ben is dating multiple women up until the day of his proposal.  That’s not a very good timeline if you ask me…”
    Natalie, I CRACKED UP when I read this bc my hubby Jonathan (your cuz!) said almost the exact thing verbatim just before I read your blog. I read it to him & he goes “That’s what I just said!” Too funny! Maybe you guys are related or something! ;)

Comment by Carmen Stone — February 27, 2012 @ 8:50 pm

21. I think the over night dates should be eliminated…what kind of woman allows herself to bed a man who sleeps with two other women in turn… this is degrading to all women and Ben what kind of man are you to do this for a show? If they want to have sex let them do it in their own time off camera.. and not make it part of the show … it is really disgusting to me. No self-respecting woman would want to participate in this kind of behaviour!

Comment by Shelagh F — February 28, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

22. Think you might like this: MY FAVORITE THINGS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33o32C0ogVM&feature=related
    It might be similar to this: RAINDROPS ON BREASTES, AND SNOWFLAKES ON BITCHES, GOLD SKIN TIGHT DRESSES, AND A PHONY TOO, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, CREAM COLORED LEGS AND CRISPY EARLY MORNING KISSES, HOOTERS AND B CUPS, AND FLIP FLOPS WITH DAISYS, WILD GIRLS THAT CRY AFTER EACH GLASS OF MY WINE, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, GIRLS IN WHITE DRESS WITH ARSENIC KISSES, FIRE BREATHING BITCHES AND POPS WITH SMITH AND WESSONS, MULTI COLORED HIGH HEALS LAY UNDER MY BED, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, WHEN NAILS SCRATCH, WHEN THE G-STRING DROPS, WHEN I’M FEELING SAD, I SIMPLY REMEMBER MY FAVORITE THINGS, AND THEN I DON’T FEEL SO BAD. RAINDROPS ON BREASTES, AND SNOWFLAKES ON BITCHES, THE GIRLS IN NO PANTIES, NUDE IN BEADED BIKINI, AND NO BRAINS IN HER HEAD. I SIMPLY REMEMBER MY FAVORITE THING

Comment by Cynthia Baker — March 14, 2012 @ 2:06 pm

23. fantastic issues altogether, you just won a new reader.
    What could you suggest about your submit that you just made a
    few days in the past? Any certain?

Comment by randki — July 8, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

24. I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I come across
    a blog that’s equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i’m very happy I stumbled across this in my search for
    something concerning this.