NATALIE’S BACHELOR BLOG: FINALE

Finale:

Sean’s family travels to Thailand to meet Sean’s girlfriends and decide which one they want to be stuck with for the next 6 months. I mean, 40+ years. What you all didn’t see this episode is that Chris Harrison got trampled by an elephant and his stand-in had to finish out the episode. That’s why he didn’t talk very much at the end. It wasn’t really him. Neil Lane stepped in as Sean’s advisor.

Catherine and Family: Take it away, Jay.

Here’s the deal…I already was obsessed with Sean’s niece Kinsley, because she is ridiculously adorable. Now I want to be her best friend. After hearing her laugh extremely hard at Sean because Emily dumped him, I feel like we would be best friends.

And how about this little guy? So adorable! His expression here cracks me up! It says, “Why are there always cameras and people standing around that don’t belong to our family whenever we meet Uncle Sean’s girlfriends?”

Sean’s dad reminds me of my own dad. He is so open and loving:) I remember how genuine he was on Emily’s season as well during their hometown date. When he told Catherine that he would love her like his daughter, I didn’t just get teary eyed, I actually made an unintentional crying noise. I get so embarrassed when I cry at reality TV. Thanks a lot, Jay. Anyway, Sean’s dad tells Catherine that there is something special about her and that she is the one. Lindsay doesn’t stand a chance!

Catherine speaks very highly of Sean to his mother and in a very serious tone. She is certain of her love for her son, and this makes Sean’s ridiculously, beautiful and young looking mom very pleased. Seriously, this family is a poster ad for perfection.

After Sean walks Catherine to her Elephant Taxi, he tells the audience that he can see himself marrying her. He then continues to state that he can equally see himself marrying Lindsay. I don’t get it. If he just spent the entire day with her, you would think he would be leaning a little more toward her? Or since he actually chose her, wouldn’t you think he would have stronger feelings for her at this point?

Lindsay and Family: Monkeys in Missouri

Right away, the family throws out an icebreaker to relax everyone by calling out Lindsay on wearing a wedding dress the first night she met Sean. I still think that is freaking hilarious. Lindsay admits she had too much champagne that night, and from the looks of it, she may have had a little too much before meeting Sean’s family as well.

Jay is always as stand out! His personality is light hearted and humorous, and his style is youthful and on point. I remember on Emily’s season, I think I may have given Jay the, “GetzStyle” award. For old time sake, he gets it again this episode. He is wearing a denim blue button down over a neon pink shirt with nice fitting pair of designer jeans. He is like a walking American Apparel advertisement for Dads. Seriously, he dresses better then 99% of the guys I know! Oh, right, he also had a lovely convo with Lindsay. Blah blah blah.

Lindsay and Sean’s mom really connect and I think this is where Sean’s mom gets conflicted between the two and worried for Sean’s decision.

Sean’s mom is absolutely right when she tells Sean that he shouldn’t get engaged because he is feeling pressured. Sean is going to propose marriage in 48 hours, but he doesn’t know which one he wants? He obviously isn’t meant to be with either of them. One would stand out like a sore thumb. Marriage is forever, and he is making that bold move of proposing when he isn’t even sure yet. Wow. I feel for Sean’s mom on this one big time! I wanted to point out that I thought it was really sweet of Sean to attempt to whisk him mom off camera when she started getting emotional. You can try to run from those camera guys, but they are freakishly fast. One was actually in the Olympics for sprints back in 09.

I’m very irritated that we didn’t get to see the ladies talk to Sean’s sister. That was important for me to see considering it’s just Sean and his sister, so the new wife would be like a sibling to her. Also, we didn’t get to see Sean talk to his dad alone. Sean’s dad is the best part of the episode and he didn’t get nearly as much airtime as I had hoped for!

Last Dates:

Lindsay’s grey-knotted tank and pink shorts combo is super cute and casual for an outdoors date in warm weather!

Did anyone else notice Sean pointing to Lindsay’s ring finger after she tells him she is nervous about getting his family’s approval? Jeez! He basically told her that he wants to spend forever with her and that he needs to make his mark on her body by putting a ring on it!

Lindsay states, “Sitting here, looking into Sean’s eye, I can’t believe this is our last date,” She was really thinking, “I can’t believe this is my last day in Thailand. I’ll never be able to afford this shit again. Wait, maybe Sean should dump me so I can be the next Bachelorette and travel the world.” Ok, fine. Maybe she wasn’t thinking that, but I definitely would be.

During the evening portion of the date, Sean tells Lindsay he is 6’3″ and then Lindsay tells Sean she is 5’1″. He thought she was 5’3″. I believe it was here where he made up his mind about breaking her heart. He wants to breed athletes and height concerns him. He informs her that even though she is tiny, she will still be a hot old chick. Things are getting weird and I love it.

Next, Sean enters his last date as a single man with Catherine, who he claims, is very excited about Thailand. She is freaking out about elephants and then, boom, out of nowhere an elephant arrives. To be honest, I would be a little freaked out to ride an elephant. It’s not something we see everyday and it would give me anxiety issues. Maybe it’s time I seek therapy or try prescription drugs? Anyway, the two ride this elephant and it makes me want to cry. In order to steer it, they have to kick and yell in it’s ears. Poor little guy!

Decision Time: www.NeilLane.com/sponsoredcommercial.freebling

Neil tells Sean, “I’ve got the best job ever.” Um, yes. You certainly do, Neil. You were already loaded rich, and now even richer by making rings for The Bachelor and traveling to exotic locations on someone else’s dime. Not to mention, if the couple doesn’t marry, you will get your ring back. Basically, Neil has only given away 4 rings that he hasn’t gotten back. Trista and Ryan, Jason and Molly, Ashley and JP, and Holly and Blake. This guy is makin’ out like a bandit!

“Pause, smile, and touch your earring. Neil will appreciate that.” -Producer to Lindsay, as she prepares for heartache.

Proposal: Chris’s stand-in looks just like him.

Lindsay not only looks stunning in this gorgeous gown, she handled herself with class. She was very crushed, but held her head high and told Sean she was happy for him and Catherine.

Catherine looks like one hot Oscar Trophy in a gold gown that fits her like a glove! I am so very happy for the two of them and I sincerely hope Catherine is strong enough to get through this. Watching the person you love fall in love with other people can’t be easy. Only time will tell and I wish the two of them a long life of happiness, love and snuggling:)

This has been swell, folks. See you next season, right here on TheBachelor.TV. Follow me on Twitter (@nataliegetz) for links to my new show, “Unzipped.”

X O X O

Natalie Getz

1. Thank you so much for the fun blogs and connecting with us wackos all season! As a new mom, I’m not ashamed at all to admit it’s totally my guilty pleasure. My life is full of poop and baby Gap fashion these days. And more poop. So I will definitely miss the Herve Leger and brazenly judging people I don’t know (haha). I actually went through the casting process 5 years ago after a devastating-mylifeisover-ohmygodim25yearsoldandalone- breakup with my now husband; but never sent my video. I froze up when I started getting multiple phone calls from California, asking me to send it in – haha. Instead of mailing it in, I made nice with my ex and the rest is history. (Phew).

Anyway, thank you! You are awesome, beautiful and funny as all hell!

PS – LOVE Sean’s dad! Pretty sure his hot pink shirt underneath his button down says, “Jesus is my Homeboy”

Comment by J — March 13, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

2. It has been so fun reading your blogs this season. Hope you do it again for Des’s season! I have to say I agree with you in hoping for the best for Sean and Catherine but realizing that this won’t be easy for them.

Comment by Michelle — March 13, 2013 @ 1:13 pm

3. I think Sean’s niece’s name is Kensington..

Comment by Amanda — March 13, 2013 @ 1:17 pm

4. LET’S SING SOME POOPIE SONGS!!!!!!!
    Push the button, pull the chain, and out comes a chocolate choo-choo train!!
    Milk, milk, lemonade, Round the corner, fudge is made. Put your finger up the hole, Out will come a tootsie roll!!!
    Mama Mia, Papa Pia, Baby’s got the diarrhea!! Mama said it wouldn’t hurt, So Daddy ate it for dessert!!

Comment by ILoveMyPoopie — March 13, 2013 @ 1:23 pm

5. Thanks for the blogs this season Natalie. You have been so reliable and prompt. Your style of writing is great – it’s friendly and personal, but not silly or snarky. You are a beautiful person inside and out. I, too, hope you cover next season with Des. Until then, take care!

Comment by Sarah Whitney — March 13, 2013 @ 1:41 pm

6. Thank you for the blogs this season Natalie! You have been so reliable and prompt. Your style of writing is great – it’s friendly and personal, but not silly or snarky. You are a beautiful person inside and out. I, too, hope you cover next season with Des. Until then, take care!

Comment by Sarah Whitney — March 13, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

7. Hi, Nat,

I couldn’t read this blog. I am bored with the entire season and found the blog and show tediously uninteresting. Hope you blog during Des’ season, though I won’t be following either. This show has jumped the shark.

Comment by Thans — March 13, 2013 @ 1:47 pm

8. I may sound like someone without a life but during the Bachelor/ette season, it sometimes feels as if Monday nights is all I’m living for so I want to thank you Natalie for your part in helping me with my much needed closure.

I have loved your blogs the best, love your sense of humor and love Sean’s dad. I think I also fell in love with Catherine this season which is something else considering I’m only attracted to men.

I’ll still be reading other Bachelor sites for a week or two until they finally close the Bachelor portion but if not for your final blog, this goodbye process would be that much harder. I wonder if that means you are step 2 or step 11 in my 12 steps off bachelorism?

Until May! Picture ilja riding off into the interwebs sunset on her virtual elephant with red roses painted on her barefooted toenails.

Comment by ilja — March 13, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

9. nAT H

Comment by Beth H. — March 13, 2013 @ 4:25 pm

10. Nat! Nat! Nat! It’s meeeeee, Beth Holler!!!!! How are you, girl!!?? We totally met in Austin, Texas last year, remember? I was the one wearing the big cowboy hat, and you signed it for me? That was soooo awesome. We took a Polaroid and you totally signed it for me. I totally framed that pictures and will cherish it forever. Your blog was so hilarious!!! OMG, That and your radio show — just keeps me up and night, laughing! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

I am your biggest fan! Totally follow me on Twitter! I am like a Tweet Reality Star! Tweet Tweet!! LOL!!!!

OMG I am laughing so hard here!

Totally holler at me, ok, NA?? @bethholler

Comment by Beth H. — March 13, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

11. Off topic: your obsession with that “tiny” dress and wishing you had the models legs…I think your legs are your best feature. It’s from the waste up where you should have more issues. You’d look fine in that dress. IF YOU WERE 20.

Re Sean and you making fun of his looks, face, etc. I’ve seen your boyfriend and quite frankly, he is super busted. Did his mom drink all through her pregnancy?

Comment by Estee — March 13, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

12. Natalie, I like your blog VERY much. Please keep blogging. Your “edit” on Jason’s season didn’t do your personality justice. Thanks for your witty & timely blogs all season long.

Comment by Melanie — March 13, 2013 @ 5:39 pm

13. Hi Natalie,

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your blogs. Your humor and insight was appreciated.

Also, I think for all those people who have thought that Lindsay was immature … I would say the wonderful way she handled the rejection shows that she is full of class and definitely mature. I think it was the best handling to a rejection that I’ve seen on the show and I am proud of her for acting the way she did.

Comment by Steve — March 13, 2013 @ 7:29 pm

14. Great blog .. but I think Catherine and Sean are not a good combo. Just listened to their interview with Ryan Seacrest on kiss fm (it’s still on their site btw go to kiss fm website), OMG she was kinda ‘snob’.. she said she wasnt jealous at all with other girls, she wasnt competing (love when Ryan said “U did compete” lol) and finally she said she didnt like their cover on People mags.. oh pleaseeeeeee b4 the show she was nobody.. and personally in my own world i dont think she’s pretty though (again in my own world) there’s a thin line between being ‘confident’ and cocky .. not my fav.. i think Des and Lindsay are more laid back.. even Selma .. plus they have a great sense of fashion… come on Nat.. u r good in fashion.. i think u ‘ll agree with me lol..
    To top it off i cant stand Catherine’s voice, her nose ring (no offense but it was so 1980′s..) and sorry but i dont think she has a great sense of style and fashion.. none of her outfit impressed me at all during the show.. especially on their last date in Thailand during elephant ride..

Comment by cindy — March 13, 2013 @ 10:54 pm

15. i HATE giving “haters” any attention….but the loser above who made nasty comments about you and your GORGEOUS man is nothing more than a “wannabe”…..(PLEASE just GO AWAY!)….Natalia is not only a BEautiful, funny, honest and gorgeous person on the inside…..she has “MOVIE STAR LOOKS” and a “down to earth” attitude, and knows how to dress on a dime, (cool, unique, and one of a kind stylish)…. whilst blowing away a designer gown that may cost 5000……many designers/ stylists could never hold a candle to what NatGEtz brings to the table!…….Piece of ADVICE!!….havent your parents taught you, “If you have noting nice to say, SAY NOTHING AT ALL!”…..(it makes you sound more insecure, and jealous than you probably are!) SO JUST GO AWAY!……..or turn your attitude around…..and feel free to be cool and stick around!………Nat, i couldn’t agree more w/ Sean’s Pop!…..he is ADORABLE and one of a kind….as his his Mom and probably the whole gang…..LUCKY is a girl who can “nail” this hunk down for good!…..i really liked LIndsey, and was hoping she was the next bachelorette!….i like DES….but was not my fave……i was hoping for “Lindsey or Leslie!”….but nonetheless, i will be watching FOR SURE!…….SEan has his hands full, as a 24-26 yr. old girl with a LOT to prove …..is gonna be a handful for this easy going man who desires “simplicity”….as we ALL know…..”FUN’ wears off and does not go on ALL day long……and when reality sets in…..there will be many issues to get thru!…….i know this is silly….but i cannot get past the thought that EMily Maynard is the one who made the “Mistake” …..and did not pick “SEAN!”…..as i can see their worlds “colliding ” in SO MANY WAYS!……OH WELL!……such is life!….i wish them nothing but the best!…..and YOU and PatVo….are a BEAUTIFUL couple…….!……chat ya later, mama!……until next time!xoxooxox Pam

Comment by Pamela B... — March 14, 2013 @ 11:03 am

16. Eff Off Pamela B aka Natalie – her bf looks the sibling to that kid in Mask. He has an enlarged face, chin. Total wonky looking.

Comment by STFU Pam aka Nat — March 14, 2013 @ 11:29 am

17. @STFU Pam aka Nat – That was really rude. First of all, Pam is not Natalie (nor am I.) I actually agree with what she said. Natalie’s boyfriend is Natalie’s boyfriend, not your and not anybody else’s. Why concern yourself with a life that isn’t yours? If Natalie is happy, then so be it. Besides, I think her boyfriend is good looking and even if he was just average, I’d be happy for her. After all, when you love someone you love them for more than their appearance. You love them for their character and heart. Anyway, back to the blog. I didn’t see anywhere in this blog where Natalie made fun of Sean’s looks or face, but maybe she did in another blog. I am sure whatever she said was in good fun and not meant to be taken seriously. That doesn’t make it okay for anyone to insult her boyfriend. That comment about his mom drinking was way out of line. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some should be kept to yourself. The last thing I’ll say is that nobody should judge someone before they know them. That’s all. Sorry for writing a lot.

Comment by Anonymous — March 14, 2013 @ 11:57 am

18. Natalie, you are very familiar with the producers and their actions. We know that Sean must have talked with his dad and sister, yet we saw none of it. Could it have been due to them being more outspoken than his mother and more of a fan of Lindsay? And why the big play on their “proclamation” about the wedding? Is that not the attitude of 95% of the couples at the ATFR? Jake/Vienna, Brad/Emily, Ben/Courtney perhaps no! I changed attitude thoughout the season and lessened attitude towards Sean. I was finally left with the feeling that Sean was the ultimate corporate man for the franchise. As much,or moreso than Chris. Interested in hearing your thoughts Friday.

Comment by Divr — March 14, 2013 @ 2:24 pm

19. Ash said that he didn’t have feelings for both.

He may be a corporate man, but Cat was simply smarter than Lindsay. Nothing against her, but she comes off as little girlish and airheadish. If this were an interview for the position of Sean’s corporate fake girlfriend, Cat simply came off as more mature, sophisticated, grounded, etc.

I agree he is the ultimate corporate guy.

Comment by to Divr — March 14, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

20. Sean is on DWTS, his partner is Peta..and I know this show the dancers spend 12-14 hrs a day together. And Peta is newly single form her BF an also former Bachelor…ie Bachelor Ukraine Maks…. Peta is a very pretty girl, and Sean and her will be doing some close dirty dancing…I dont think it will last long with his F1. This DWTS was what broke up Jake and Vienna. I see the handwriting on the wall!

Comment by Calvin O Neal — March 16, 2013 @ 8:39 am

21. Good point, Calvin. Why would a good Christian like Sean appear on DWTS anyway (money notwisthanding) The show is about dirty dancing, and the women all run around shamelessly with their breasts falling out of their tops and exposing their undergarments. Yes, great environment for a Christian man.

Comment by lil — March 16, 2013 @ 12:50 pm

22. My only comment is, “Where are the older folks?” There are plenty of Baby Boomers out there, divorced and alone, that would love the opportunity to be on a show like this one and find true love. Afterall, we’ve been through the marriage scene, maybe multiple times, and would love the opportunity to meet someone you’d always hoped to find. Maybe a new show with an over 40 crowd that are looking only for that one last person, someone compatible, to spend their final days with. I’m one of those people and it too is difficult to meet people, maybe more so than when you’re young. Just think on the idea for a new reality show! You might be surprised the number of people who may decide to watch!

Comment by Bonnie LaBarge — July 22, 2013 @ 8:18 pm