Natalie’s Bachelorette House of Style Blog: Episode 7

Taiwan. Well, at least your skyline is beautiful enough to distract us from Ashley’s Junior High School Aztec print skirt and Fruit of the Loom wife- beater. (Insert “hand over eyes” emoticon here).

Watching these guys travel on public transportation is quite amazing. Ryan has a fear in his eye that he attempts to cover with a nervous laugh while slowly holding his behind. Going to go ahead and say he is not cut out for public transportation.

And on the 7th Episode, he rose

Ben, finally, you are styled to reflect who you are. You are a chilled-out wine maker who seems to be pretty down to earth, but with a slight California edge. The black and white checkered woven and straight leg dark denim jeans made me see you in a whole new light. As if that weren’t enough, you added trend by casually tossing a white hankie into your back jean pocket. My heart beats regularly again for you. Your brown boots weren’t a terrible combo, but I would’ve had you wear black to keep it kosher. Anyway, can I get my free wine now?

Chris looks youthful and refreshed in a light blue denim country western inspired button down. Welcome back, 1980′s; 2011 has improved your washed denim look and perfected it to a “T.” GetzStyle Tip: Remember, you can buy any shirt that is supposedly “in style.” But, if it’s not styled correctly, FORGET IT! Take note that Chris’s button down is slim through the waist and broad enough in the shoulders. Don’t wear an over-sized shirt, and certainly don’t wear one that is too tight.

Blaaaaah! Poor Ames. Due to jet lag and traveling he probably didn’t think (or care) that he would be going straight to the new digs without a chance to change before the cameras started rolling. Aw–so adorable! His new nickname is, “AwAmes.” :) He is wearing what could be a great outfit if paired with a different bottom or top! His red and navy blue checkered flannel would be ultra-hip if paired with fitted jeans, and his Adidas pants would be cute with a hoodie or perhaps a white American Apparel V-neck. I’m a girl, so when I travel, I even try to make my “not trying” outfit look somewhat decent. He looks hilariously delirious walking down the streets of Taiwan in this travel getup. This says a lot about Ames; he is more of a dude than you all realize and I LOVE him for that! When a guy is terribly dressed and sincerely isn’t trying it’s often cute. It’s not cute when they try really hard and FAIL miserably.

Ashley and Constantine

Ashley really knows how to show off her positive features. Her jeans appear painted on her toned dancer legs, and her off-white sleeveless blouse is culturally perfect, yet she added some American sex appeal with an open back caused by the draping of the material. I believe a women’s back is the sexiest part of her body.

Ashley and Constantine physically make a cute couple! He is so big and strong and she is so tiny!

Ashley and Ben

Ben claims, “I’m really feeling as though I’m headed down the right path with Ashley.” Well, you’re kind of headed one way in the wrong direction. (Notice Photo) Nothing great or awful about the attire these two chose, but they kept it simple with solid colors. Let’s hope they can keep their foundation of love as solid.

Gahhhhh! Ben! Ok, so I realize after I discuss what’s going on with your outfit, I will no longer get my wine. Wine is very important to me, but so is FASHION and I have a job to do here! Did you really tuck your shirt into jeans with a brown belt THROUGH the loops? Hmmmphhhh. As I sit here drinking the cheapest Pinot Noir, I am forcing myself to enjoy it, because I now know I will never have your rich-tasting grapes hit my mouth (that sounded bad). Really though? Come on! Your outfit was great, but it’s the way that you styled it that made me sad :( Tucking in a button-down at your age is not necessary.

Group Date:

JP just knows what’s up. I mean, he really does. As he slings his checkered patterned woven over his white V-neck, I can barely contain myself. Yes, he is annoyed about Ben not being home. Yes, he is putting up a front. Yes, he is hurt. Yes, I like him.

Ashley took a very bold step today and I am proud of her. She paired up the oddest of pieces and it worked! I am a huge fan of a funky, edgy outfit. Please have the confidence to rock out this look! A fitted black military button down, tightly tucked into a ruffle textured floral mini-skirt and nude heels gave me a total “ahaaaa” moment. So many of you probably can’t believe she wore this, but take a step outside the box and recognize that she set the bar in trend and embrace it. GetzStyle Tip: I often hear my friends tell me that they can’t pull off certain looks. Well, if you have a bold personality and confidence, I assure you that you can! OK, back to the ranch. Wedding photos, tacky-yet funny fashion. Boring. Wine me (obviously not Ben’s). JP…jealous. Ames…glazed over as usual. Wrap party? Let’s roll!

I’m a sucker for not only the color green, but also for racer back tops/dresses. Ashley wore this short frock well, enhancing her bronzed skin tone and sexy back (as before mentioned). She perfected the look by belting her mid-waist with a thin brown belt to add depth and shape. Ames’ style is so out there in such a way that he definitely raises the bar as far as style is concerned. His red pants would never be worn by most, yet he has confidence and rocks the hell out of them to take this conservative upper half/hipster bottom half to the next level. Grrrrrr I just love Ames!

Ashley and Ryan

Once again, Ashley shows off her body with an electric blue sleeveless blouse with peeped open fabric to bare her backside and bright white fitted trousers. Ok, so Ryan and Ash don’t click, Ryan goes home unexpectedly, he cries in attempt to become the next bachelor (ie: his skipping/slow jog to greet her, clapping of hands, and cheesy everything) just as I notice my wine glass is empty. Aw, Ryan stated earlier he was on Cloud 10. Poor thing. I mean seriously, tonight’s episode is a struggle to watch without a little buzz. Going to go ahead and say my favorite part of this episode is when Ben read the date card to Ryan, but called him Bryan. Hahaha! That made me feel like the last 2 hours of my life was not totally wasted.

To be honest with you, I think Ryan would make a great Bachelor. He has what it takes, and sincerely wants to find love. Furthermore, he has it all together. Successful, loving family, humble, confident with who he is, etc. Ryan for next Bachelor? What do you all think?

Back at the Lin Family Mansion, Ashley enters a very important Rose Ceremony. Whoever she sends home will not have a chance to show Ashley a different side by introducing her to his family. The gown that Ashley chose tonight is stunning. The design of the dress is flattering showing off, once again, Ashley’s best features. The dress shows skin in a very tasteful way with cut outs on the side exposing her ribs and continuing to open through the back. The way this dress puddles at the floor adds elegance and grace to the gown.

The extensive beaded detail at the bust line adds a unique value to this already original dress. I know that Ashley didn’t need a cocktail party to figure out who she needed to send home. However, if I were the bachelorette and I were wearing that dress, I would pretend I needed a full-on cocktail party just so that gorgeous gown could get the air time it rightfully deserved. As for the guys, they are all dressed in basic suits, but let’s hand it to my power player this episode, Ames, for showing off his trendy side once again.

He stepped up his game by adding a vintage blue tie to a basic black and white suit. Oh Ames, you totally redeemed yourself! That polo/button down look you had earlier made me depressed for about 2 weeks.

The quote below sums up everything I’ve been trying to teach guys about style. This is how a real man should consider dressing himself everyday.

A man should look as if he has bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them. -Hardy Amies

XOXO

Natalie Getz
Twitter: @nataliegetz
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Natalie-Getz/140877459278420

1. I was wondering, what did you think of Emily’s outfit?

Comment by Brooke — July 12, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

2. Umm, the skirt she wore that first day was actually a woven pattern commonly used by the Taiwanese aboriginal tribes. I thought it was a cool little nod to Taiwan’s history and culture. Way to be culturally insensitive, Natalie Getz.

Comment by Karin — July 12, 2011 @ 11:50 pm

3. Nat- were those peacock earrings Ashley was wearing for the dinner portion of her date with Ben? I’ve got to have those earrings!

Comment by Lauren in Oregon — July 12, 2011 @ 11:58 pm

4. I reeeeally hopethat Ryan is NOT the next Bachelor. Yes, I felt bad for him when Ashley let him go. Yes, he looked the best he had all season on that date. And yes he is good looking, sweet and deserves a great woman.
    BUT…it’d be like having Jake again as our Bachelor! Ben F is sexy and unique. I would love watching his fine ass as the Bachelor. My #1 vote would be for Ames but he had to go and screw that up with (don’t want spoil for other readers) but you know who. BIG time BUMMER!

Those are just my thoughts. LOL – a little wordy. Sorry.
    Love you blog.

YOU are my pick for next Bachelorette.

Comment by Jennifer — July 13, 2011 @ 12:19 am

5. Ryan would make a great Bachelor!! I agree 100% with what you said. He’s got the entire package.

Ames is one great dresser. I love how he wore that big red watch to match his red pants. Most men could not pull that off. Ames made it look so good.

Comment by Jean — July 13, 2011 @ 12:58 am

6. http://realitycheck-jenna.blogspot.com/2011/07/bachelorette-ep7.html

Comment by Jenna — July 13, 2011 @ 2:39 am

7. actually @Karin, I believe the skirt Ashley wore in the beginning was one from forever 21, I actually own it and bought it 2 years ago, and it’s a bit too short and looks exactly like ashley’s-so i don’t that is culturally insensitive

Comment by g — July 13, 2011 @ 3:06 am

8. Natalie-you really are so animated and I think you should write about other shows too. I love reading blogs, but this is the only one that ever offers me value as a reader. Thank you!

Comment by Jessica — July 13, 2011 @ 4:00 am

9. Natalie–Apparently you and possibly everybody else failed to notice that Ames’ jacket at the rose ceremony was taken up in the back with just about the tackiest-looking clumsy stitches I have ever seen. Or maybe they were safety pins. Take a look back just after he accepts the rose. Either he lost a ton of weight after the concussion/nausea episode, or he forgot his natty jacket and had to borrow one from the nearest sumo wrestler. He has totally blown his “great dresser” image for me forever!

Comment by Susan Ramsey — July 13, 2011 @ 4:35 am

10. Natalie, I like your blog and observations, but I wish you could address the fact that many of Ashley’s outfits have been so…trashy! Makes me think you are just a stooge for TB. Okay, but even if you are, you could be honest and admit that MAYBE some of her skirts are too short, and high heels with them look worse.

I watch Ames more than any of the other guys, and I just laughed at his red pants. However, I need fashion gurus like you to point out that this is actually a preppy thing, not just a strange choice of color, because you don’t see this out here in LA!

Comment by Susie — July 13, 2011 @ 4:43 am

11. only have a sec….but you rock, mama!…..funny funny funny….and SO on it! xo

Comment by Pamela Grund Bucci — July 13, 2011 @ 12:29 pm

12. I definitely don’t think Ryan would be the best Bachelor. I do feel for him & think he is a great guy but do not believe he would be the most appealing for the girls (unless they apply specifically for him) or for the public. Ryan is an acquired taste where Ben and JP are naturally preferred. That being said, Ryan definitely appears to be sincere and looking for love but I fear that his personality may be a turn-off for some and he could end up hurt. Don’t know…just my opinion.

Comment by Tiffany — July 13, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

13. Natalie you are an original. Perhaps you should become a writer as a new career. Your blogs are interesting and funny.

Comment by michele — July 13, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

14. I like your blog Natalie!

I think Ben F., Ames or JP would make a great bachelor. Ryan is a great guy but too intense to be the bachelor. He needs a certain someone who can take in all that ‘joy overload’. I don’t know what he was thinking in starting out his only date with Ashley by asking her what she has done for the environment lately. He waits that long for a 1:1 date and puts her on the spot like that?

Comment by Sue — July 13, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

15. I think Ryan saved water and energy by washing his reds with his whites and ended up with his pink shirt.

Comment by Laurie — July 13, 2011 @ 10:54 pm

16. Emily,s appearance was so confusing. I got nothing out of it but that she and Brad were no longer engaged. She never really said why they broke up. Just that she will always love him, and they still stay in contact. I think that she really does not want to move to Austin, and she might have wanted to at first but changed her mind. I know Brad and her have a anger problem and if that is why she broke it off then i think she did the best thing. You cant change someone. Takes alot of counseling to conquer that, and you have to be ready for the change. Emily just didnt do a good job explaining what had hapened. They both just need to move on and find happiness. Being on tv makes the media go crazy. Why cant they leave you alone. I believe that if you can ignore them and be a boring subject to them, then they will leave you alone.. Ha Ha.. Good Luck Emily and Brad…. Love you……

Comment by june — July 13, 2011 @ 11:02 pm

17. I love Ashley. She is so vibrante and full of energy. I also love JP and Ben. I worry that JP is gonna be another Emily and be jelous after he sees the episodes. hope im wrong cause they are a cute couple. Im Greek so of course i like Constatine. But ive gotta see the hometowns before i can really make up my mind, but i already know she picks JP. Hope they make it to the altar . Good Luck Ashley Love you

Comment by june — July 13, 2011 @ 11:08 pm

18. Ryan would make a terrible bachelor! He is cheesy and fake and, like someone else mentioned, would basically be like another Jake. “Mr. Perfect” with a secret, hidden, psycho side to him.

On the other hand, Ames would make an awesome bachelor. He is intelligent, cultured, well-spoken, and genuine. I would truly love watching a season with Ames as the bachelor.

I have religiously watched every season of the bachelor/bachelorette since the show first began, and I can say with 100% honesty that I would not watch a season with Ryan as the bachelor.

Comment by Stella — July 14, 2011 @ 1:51 am

19. Did you really hook up with Wes while he was dating Gia?

Comment by Bird of Paradise — July 14, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

20. this is the best program that i have seen i see it every monday at 8pm i will recomended to every one to see this program.also good luck to ashley.for so much that i see the program i love ashley so much she is a strong women that knows wht to do when a hard problem confronts her.i really think that th best person for ashley is constantine he knows how to trade women.he is the best for you ashley although i wish you the best.

Comment by erika — July 15, 2011 @ 12:09 am

21. Yes I agree that Ryan should be the next Bachelor!

Comment by Kim — July 15, 2011 @ 2:05 am

22. Constantine I am coming to your house to burn all of your plaid shirts! Seriously, a plaid shirt with a suit & tie? What are you thinking?

Comment by Christine — July 16, 2011 @ 5:27 am

23. RYAN should be the next bachelor, he will make a good bachelor. he’s got the whole package-successful, handsome, nice, good attitude…. i don’t want to see Jake as a bachelor AGAIN,(another Brad Womack?) I would like to see William H. as a bachelor too.

Comment by grace — July 17, 2011 @ 2:33 am

24. shes a tipical female go for the bad boy get knocked up then try and find mr. nice guy later in life.

Comment by pete gibson — July 19, 2011 @ 1:25 am

25. okay I’ll take Ames! =}

Comment by Jackie — July 19, 2011 @ 4:39 am

26. Ashley I wish you the best.I hope you picked Constaine…not JP,he has a jelouse streak.Not always a good thing!!

Comment by darlene — July 19, 2011 @ 4:47 am

27. pick Constaine!!!

Comment by darlene — July 19, 2011 @ 4:48 am

28. Good Luck!!!

Comment by darlene — July 19, 2011 @ 4:49 am

29. Why hasnt there been a AFRICAN AMERICAN BACHELORETTE this casting choice so far has seemed alittle rascist ! There hasn’t been an African male ither, i just find it alittle peculiar. And Im sure Im not the first to have this question or notification about it. I love the Bachelor in general as a show, but for the casting choices im not satisfied with at all in any aspect. Please take in consideration about having an African American Bachelor/Bachelorette HECK we need some loving as well, Im a teenager and I feel this way so Im sure Im not the only one.

Comment by kiana — July 19, 2011 @ 4:12 pm