Natalie’s Bachelorette House of Style Blog: Episode 8

Well, at least I got one pleasure out of the first 30 minutes of recapping everything we already know and have seen, and that is Ashley’s flirty, city girl style. With her hair tied back in a loose ponytail, she gave a simple tank a fun little twist by tucking it into a mid-waist, neutral colored, short and flowing, floral print skirt.

Constantine and Ashley

Cumming, Georgia, hometown of Constantine. Until this episode I didn’t know how I felt about him. But Constantine, after seeing you in your natural environment, if Ashley doesn’t choose you or you don’t become the next bachelor, I think it would be a true statement to say that I will be “coming” to Georgia to stalk you.

Why would I do that? Let’s get started: 1.) He is super tall (notice him next to tiny Ashley in the photo), broad shouldered, dark and obviously handsome. 2.) He dresses like a man. Not too metro, and not to sluggish. He wears basic clothing, but always makes sure the fit is correct for his body. He is wearing a green crew neck t-shirt, a grey hoodie, and nice fitting jeans that show us a peak of his trendy kicks. GetzStyle Tip: Please keep it basic. The other night I got asked on a date by a guy who I was already a little “iffy” with. Forty-five minutes into the date I came up with the worst reason in the world to leave. Why? I couldn’t believe a 37 year old man was wearing a t-shirt that said “Guess” on it and an American Eagle hoodie. Leave the Abercrombie and Fitch inspired logo clothing to college kids. Two glasses of vino couldn’t even cure me, so I ended up telling him that I had left my curling iron on and needed to go. I have straight hair, so I don’t even know why I said that and I certainly don’t know why he believed me. I hope he doesn’t read my blog, whoops. 3.) He is very close to his family, so much that I have seen him in such a different light. They bring out the best in him, and that is extremely adorable. His parents love each other so much and Constantine’s personality is a huge reflection of this. His sister is an absolute doll with an energetic personality and great style! 4.) He loves kids. Enough said. Watching him hold his God Daughter almost melted my heart, but than I smacked myself across the face for getting way too emotionally wrapped up in this episode. Ashley says, “I’m in love with Constantine’s family.” You and me both, girlfriend. Watching you flirt with him actually hurts, but not as much as these scratches I have all over my body from hiding out in his bushes and staring at him through his bedroom window every night…

Ames and Ashley

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania is a very cute little town! Full of class and culture, I can now understand why Ames is such a stud.

Ashley’s attire hasn’t been doing anything for me so far this episode, however, Ames continues to ring true to what I’ve been saying about him! I think we all know that I love a plaid woven on a man, so it’s no surprise that I think Ames is dressed very attractively with a red/cream color schemed button down and dark denim jeans that fit his little butt so perfectly. Squeeze! Check out that backside in the photo. Oh yeah! His family is so even-keeled and conservative. He looks just like his gorgeous sister. The nieces and nephews are an insanely cute touch too! I honestly can’t get enough of how well-spoken Ames is. Every time he talks, I catch my ADD brain focusing intently, because I know everything he says brings value and meaning. He takes the time to think every thought through before he actually says it. I can’t say the same for my motor mouthed, non-filtered trap. Ames for President! He and Ashley seem almost too much alike, so I’m not sure I like them together romantically, but I do think Ames should be the next Bachelor. Constantine would do a damn good job as well, and I would sign up again to compete for his love, that’s for sure. Ames speech to Ashley as they dined under the willow trees was poetic, beautiful, and so true. He explains how he enjoys bringing romanticism out of ordinary situations versus all the hype of expensive restaurants or otherwise seemingly romantic ideas. AMES FOR NEXT BACHELOR!

Ben and Ashley

Sonoma, California is full of wine and beauty! When/if Ben forgives me for knockin’ his polo, maybe I can pay him a visit and take a tour of his gorgeous winery.

Ben looked rested and refreshed in his crisp, light blue button down and khaki pants. He kept his look super clean and simple which is the perfect style for a day at the winery. This is a total dream date! A tour of the winery, drinking from the barrel, and choosing wine to take on a romantic picnic in the vineyard? Job well done, Ben. I love how straight forward Ben’s sister is. You can tell she loves her brother very much! Ben comes from a beautiful, wonderful family and I can definitely see Ashley fitting in with his mom and sister quite well. You can see the East Coast roots in his Mom that is instilled in Ben and his sis. Being a HUGE fan of East Coast personalities, this is perfect for Ashley. There is always one tearjerker hometown visit and this was the one! Tearing up listening to Ben talk about missing his father and how great he was, I’m thinking…thank God he has an amazing mother and sister that are there for him :)

JP and Ashley

Right away, Ashley is kissing on JP. As they roller skate they look like two teens in love! I LOVE JP’s mom! I love her accent! I’ve always desired to one day have a Jewish mother-in-law. So protective, direct, loving and fun! When she pulled out the photo from his Bar Mitzvah I about peed my pants–hilarious! It’s obvious to say cutie pants JP is in love with Ashley after hearing him talk to his brother (who is also extremely attractive). There isn’t any fashion on this date, and I can’t talk about love anymore. It’s exhausting me emotionally and physically.

OF COURSE Ames is the best dressed at the rose ceremony. The only flaw is that last week and this week you can see that he pinned his jacket back to fit him better. I give him serious points for realizing his jackets would look better if more fitted through his torso, however, I don’t know a lot of men who would do this. I guarantee the stylist on set did this to him, because Ames doesn’t seem like the type to pin his wardrobe. This is just a little trick us stylists use for film or photo shoots that you all probably noticed these past two times. Oh well, he looked great from the front!

His tan suit looks sharp and the black pencil tie suits him well. At least you left with some serious style cred! There is nothing wrong with the other guys suits, but Ames set the bar in originality putting their mainstream suits to shame.

I can’t see her dress in too much detail. It’s rich black color is blending in with the dim lighting on my computer. What I CAN tell is that it’s probably one of my favorites if it’s the style of dress I think it is! I love when a designer combines a conservative and risky look in one design. She is completely covered up on top with long sleeves and a boatneck neckline showing off only her collarbones. This look immediately draws attention to her legs, which is the whole point of the design. I think this may be Michael Kors, but again, I can’t get a good enough peek! PS–Benny Boy got a hair cut and looks 10 times better.

This episode wasn’t particularly fun for me to watch, only because I wanted fashion (whether good or bad) to talk about. I literally pictured every guy in their underwear just to get though these past 2 hours. Constantine definitely looked best in his skivvies, but Ames was a close second. LET’S PLAY A GAME: Of the remaining 3 guys, if you had to choose, who would you place into which category for yourself? 1.) Marry 2.) One night of passion 3.) Break up with. My order would be Constantine, JP, and Ben. Your turn, GO!

“Although golf was originally restricted to wealthy, overweight Protestants, today it’s open to anybody who owns hideous clothing.”

Dave Barry

XOXO

Natalie Getz

Twitter: @nataliegetz

1. http://realitycheck-jenna.blogspot.com/2011/07/bachelorette-ep8.html

Comment by Jenna — July 19, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

2. Natalie,
    Love your blog and I’m with you on Constantine. I’ll fight you for him. :-)

Could you address the big blue diaper hanging outside Ames jeans as they went to their picnic? Whaaa was that?????

Comment by Paula — July 19, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

3. 1 & 2 JayPee…omg..this guy radiates sensuality and he brought sexy back to this show. He’s so friggin hot, hot, hot. Lucky Ashley. Constantine for the next bachelor. Ben is so boring…it’s a zzzzzzzzzzzzzz,he’s like robotic monotone.

Comment by Whatever! — July 19, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

4. Marry- Ben F
    JP – One night of Passion
    Constantine – Dump

Comment by Jennifer — July 19, 2011 @ 8:25 pm

5. marry jp! one night of passion with ben! break up with constantine.. but if you think constantine is in love with here, so marry constantine….. very good family, i agree

Comment by tjmt — July 19, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

6. “her” i mean

Comment by tjmt — July 19, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

7. Well, I am a married woman . . . but I can still answer, right?! :)
    Ok, here it goes . . .

1. Marry – JP
    2. NIght of Passion – JP or Constantine ((‘m torn)
    3. Break up with – Ben

Hey, would luv for you to follow me @shopgirlerica :)

Comment by Erica — July 19, 2011 @ 9:24 pm

8. Marry – Ben, One night of Pasion – JP and break up – Constantine

Comment by Josie — July 19, 2011 @ 9:37 pm

9. 1. Marry: Constantine
    2. Night of passion: Constantine (yes, want both.)
    3. Break up with: JP and Ben

Comment by Paula — July 19, 2011 @ 9:38 pm

10. 1) Constantine
    2) Constantine
    3) Ben F

Great blog and agree with you about Constantine and his family. In the beginning I didn’t care too much for him, but in the last 2 episodes I have really started to like him.
    Back off, Natalie, Constantine is mine- he-he ;)

Comment by noreen — July 19, 2011 @ 10:18 pm

11. Hey Natalie! I think it’s awesome that you think Ames’ style is good since everyone else seems to only want to make fun of him. Did you notice when Ashley was talking about Ben before the hometown date that she says she loves his fashion? Really? Of all the guys I think he has the worst fashion sense. But maybe she likes that. I laughed out loud and thought of you hating his polos at that point.

Comment by Kylene — July 19, 2011 @ 11:19 pm

12. Marry – WES <3
    One night of Passion – Dave Good
    Dump – JP, Ben, Constantine

Only a greek will be happy in Constantine's family. JP is wimpy, Ben is a snorefest… Gimme shopping and malls and NYC, how long can I rome around in the vineyards? Fun for a day, but after that boring…

Comment by Jennifer Long — July 20, 2011 @ 12:21 am

13. I am so with you on AMES FOR NEXT BACHELOR! What a thoroughly awesome guy.

I’d place all three remaining men in the “dump” category – but I’m glad Ashley is so into them. Fingers crossed for a happy ending.

Oh, and am I a stalker for recognizing the city block they filmed Ashley on as the block I lived on 4 years ago? Goooo Philly!!

Comment by Becky Lee — July 20, 2011 @ 2:16 am

14. At the end of the show, it showed her getting a big smile on her face and saying “Hi!” Who is she saying hi to? Bentley?

Comment by Fleur Bellamy — July 20, 2011 @ 2:37 am

15. Totally agree with you. My order would also be

1.) Constantine 2.) JP 3.) Ben

Comment by irongal — July 20, 2011 @ 7:34 pm

16. Natalie you write THE best blogs about The Bachelorette!!! Every time I read your weekly blog, it puts me in such a great mood and a big smile on my face! Keep up the excellent work Nat! To answer the questions on your survey 1)Marry CraigR
    2)Night of Passion with Constantine
    3)Dump Ben F
    Wait CraigR is not on season 7 of the Bachelorette Oh well, whatever….haha Can’t wait for your next blog! :)

Comment by Angelikah — July 20, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

17. 1) Constantine
    2) Ben
    3) JP

Comment by Brady — July 20, 2011 @ 11:31 pm

18. Marry: Graham
    One night of Passion: Brad
    Dump: all the bachelors on this season (except Ames.. who will be seen on the next “Gay Bachelor” with Jake Pavelka and Jason Mesnick)

Comment by bell girl — July 21, 2011 @ 12:22 pm

19. Im loving Ben F. He’s adorable and sexy…Constantine is a snore fest and kinda ugly too if you look closely! Seriously Natalie, get over him!

Marry: Ben F
    One Night: J P
    Dump: Constantine

Comment by redriding — July 22, 2011 @ 6:27 am

20. Marry – Ames! (I have a tv crush on him)
    One night – J.P.
    Dump – Constantine

Comment by Sarah — July 22, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

21. Constantine
    Constantine
    Ben…
    I’m LOVIN me some Constantine! He’s So cute & so down to earth!! If Ash doesn’t pick him…I wish he would be the next Bachelor!!!

Comment by Steph — July 23, 2011 @ 7:59 am

22. Natalie, I find you very refreshing and delightful. Still remember you from The Bachelor Pad 1(you were “edgy” and funny). Like you blog style a lot, definitely want you to marry Ames. He traveled a long way from his Ivy League schools, upper strata , 39 marathons, 70something countries to the Bachelor set, and now to the crazy and wild set of the Bachelor Pad-just to meet you. It is Fate in action.Give him a chance. Marry him, Natalie. From–like a mother’s sigh.

Comment by Malgorzata — July 25, 2011 @ 12:36 am

23. Natalie, this is the first time reading your blog and it is a crack-up! Loved it and will read it every week!! LMAO! YOU ARE FUNNY!

Comment by luvsunshine — July 26, 2011 @ 1:23 am

24. I too am a happily married woman, but if single, here’s my choice:
    1) Marry all the way Ben Flajnik
    2) 1 Hot Night with Constantine
    3) DUMP JPEEEEEEE/actually wouldn’t want him at all…he’s not attractive to me at all ~~~

Comment by Jordan — August 2, 2011 @ 8:44 am

25. Hi, I ԁο think thiѕ is а great web site.
    I stumbledupon it ;) I’m going to come back yet again since I bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

Comment by http://tile5repair.yolasite.com/property-foreclosure-freezes-florida-real-estate-m.php — May 31, 2013 @ 12:48 am