Reid’s Bachelor Blog: Episode 8

Lindzi’s hometown date – Somewhere in Florida – She’s my favorite at this point. She’s a bit goofy but attractive, genuine, sweet and I really like a girl who can ride a horse. Why? Because I like horses and I like girls. Her family seemed nice although I would be a bit weirded out if I went to meet a girl’s parents and we ended up carriage racing. I guess you need to keep an open mind. We hear yet another metaphor comparing falling off horses to love. You just have to get back in the saddle again or something along those lines. Enough with the metaphors.

Kacie’s hometown date – Clarksville, Tennessee – At first the baton twirling thing was cute and sweet. They had a great first date together even though it had a bit of a distant immature feel to it. The hometown date started off on a high school football field with a marching band performing. Guess who was in the marching band? Yes, you guessed it. Kacie the baton twirler. She did, however, pull a sick move at the end where she threw the baton in the air, twirled around like a figure skater and caught the baton. I wonder if that was done in one take. If so, I may hire her for my kids birthday party, whenever that may be as I don’t presently have any kids. The most entertaining part of their date was when I finally finished my last Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie right before Ben met her parents. My neighbor bought me a crate of them because she read one of my tweets that said I was craving Thin Mints. Why am I talking about Thin Mints again? Oh yeah. The second most entertaining part of their date was how uncomfortable Ben looked when having a one-on-one date with Kacie’s dad. I thought he was going to move in for the kiss as he does whenever he is uncomfortable on a one-on-one. Just kiss him Ben. Do it. She looks just like her mom and for some reason that would also throw me off. Actually, I think she looked too much like her mom, but hey, you know how they breed down there in them parts! JK!

Nicki “Mooy Mooy’s” hometown date – Hurst, Texas – Last time Nicki brought a man home she married him. Yet another metaphor on this date comparing picking the right cowboy boot with picking the right love. AHHHHHH. This date seemed to go well. Ben and the family seemed to get along. Her parents seemed pretty normal and reasonable thinkers and in the end Ben got a Bro Hug from her brother. That pretty much summed up that date. She’s slipping through by the skin of her teeth.

Courtney’s hometown date – Somewhere in Arizona or Hell – Courtney is one great actor. Her parents and sister actually appear to be somewhat normal but there was a weird, cold vibe going on in that house. I can’t explain it just like I can’t explain Courtney. I felt that they were going to pull out a Ouija Board and start summoning the dead. Courtney’s dad explains that marriage is life’s biggest gambles and only 50% of the time you are right. That’s a sad thought. I wonder if he won or lost with his wife? Anyway, all I can say is that every time Courtney professes her love for Ben, it seems to be a struggle. She seems to have to force out kind words. If I had to go with my gut, I would say that Courtney is extremely competitive, a great actress, and completely full of shit, however, at one point I had a different thought. Maybe Courtney has been let down or cheated on by so many men then she reflects her bad feelings toward the girls. She looks at all women as evil because of her insecurities when she should be blaming herself for choosing the wrong men all along. What if Courtney really did just needed a guy she can trust just as a dog saved from the pound needs to warm up to people. I want to say that my first thought is right that she comes from a family of witches who were all playing the part but witches don’t exist and I did see a small change in Courtney. We’ll have to see. I see her winning and then having a change of heart but I really think that I could be wrong. I really don’t know. If I went with my absolute gut feeling I would say she’s full of it and too old to change.

Kacie goes home in the end as I thought would happen after Ben saw her in the marching band and after meeting her dad.

For me, the highlight of the show was Courtney’s face and action when all the girls go over to comfort Kacie after she doesn’t receive a rose.
Second highlight – I do like Kacie, except when she started dropping F bombs in the car. That was great because I know how it feels being let go when its a surprise and out of left field.

Follow me on Twitter @reidrosenthal1

1. LOL! Okay this time I’m laughing at your TN joke. Then again, look at my handle.

Comment by TN HALFBREED — February 22, 2012 @ 11:42 am

2. Love the blog Reid! Cheers!

Comment by Michelle — February 22, 2012 @ 11:47 am

3. Wow whats with all the hatin’ on us southern folks. That’s just not nice! ;-)

Comment by AVLCutie45 — February 22, 2012 @ 11:51 am

4. I always enjoy reading blogs on past shows, I understand all the animosity towards Courtney, she seems like a mean girl, but Ben only sees what she shows him and it looks like they really connect, she is what he seems to be looking for. It will be interesting to see if he does choose her in the end and if his opinion of her will change after watching the show!

Comment by Jannia in NS — February 22, 2012 @ 12:03 pm

5. Wow you just straight up gave Courtney a full physiological review!! And I think you were right on lol!!

Comment by Heather — February 22, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

6. Spot on review again, Reid.

I never twirled a baton but was wondering how twirlers do that “leg in the air spin” before catching the baton. At least she is very flexible.

Also noticed the nasty smirk that Courtney made when the other girls (not her) were saying goodbye to Kacie. She is still the same ole beotch IMO.

I really like Lindzi and wish she were gonna be the next Bachelorette instead of blondie, but no one asked me.

Ben’s loss and some other man’s gain!

PS – Courtney’s mother has spent way too much time in the AZ sun – she is probably 60 max but looked 80. (SNARK)

Comment by SKae — February 22, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

7. Awesome blog! I agreed with your feelings on Courtney’s family. I can’t put my finger on it but they seemed disingenuous to me. It was uncomfortable to watch their interactions. I actually felt bad for Courtney (a little) after having watched the episode.

Comment by Amanda — February 22, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

8. Nice take on the hometown dates, but I have a feeling your first impression of Courtney is right on. All we can do is see where this train wreck goes. Will be fun to see the ‘Women Tell All’ show and how they feel about Ben and Courtney now. Not just from being rejected by him, but possibly the reason. Swimming in the buff does it every time! I’m sure there will also be a lot of relieved parents.
    You sound great Reid and you have a great sense of humor. Miss seeing you, maybe you could be a correspondent for the show full time? Looking forward to another post. Good work! :)

P.S. Do you think the show’s producer’s and Chris H should have told the girls about Ben and Courtney breaking the rules/contract by skinny dipping? If they broke the rules of the contract, and it’s obviously a move that could affect the outcome of the show, I think they should have been told. The other women only dislike Courtney because of what she says to them, and how she puts on her little girl act to Ben, but they don’t even know how much they were undermined by the midnight swim. Would like to know if that’s something you think they should have done? ;) And if they did, how could they get out of the season quickly? Maybe have another girl chosen for the Bachelorette? I though maybe that’s why they chose Emily so soon, in case they had to put his show on the back burner and go to plan B. ;)

Comment by Tammy — February 22, 2012 @ 5:43 pm

9. Seriously seems apparent to me that the “contract” that contestants get is “we own you until we say we don’t”. No exceptions.

Comment by Marie — February 22, 2012 @ 6:02 pm

10. LOL at the comment about Ben moving in for the kiss on Kacie’s dad.

Comment by Marc — February 22, 2012 @ 7:45 pm

11. Actually the dad is wrong. When you marry after 30, your chances of divorce are 16% – if you really get to know the other person (by first getting to know yourself) instead of letting hormones & little heads determine your choices AND you honor the commitment and work that marriage requires – I think that can be 0% chance of divorce. The human brain doesn’t fully develop until 27 – that is why so many people before that age make really, really poor decisions – the part of the brain that helps w/ judgment is the most underdeveloped until that age. Ben wasn’t using his brain anyways, he was using his little head – maybe his brain is not done developing yet.

Comment by Leslie — February 22, 2012 @ 10:09 pm

12. You have excellent perception of character. Glad you can see through Darth Courtney. It was clear that she didn’t say she was remorseful for being mean to the girls at that time. I am 100% sure that it wasn’t even her idea to do that voiceover after the show and it is the oldest trick in the book. Sociopaths like her are not capable of remorse, only eerily good at reading what the other person wants to hear and pretending to say and feel those things, but there’s not much sincerity or feelings behind those empty words.

Comment by Leslie — February 22, 2012 @ 10:15 pm

13. Tammy, good point about the skinny dip – Courtney broke the rules and should have been kicked out of the house – or at least the other girls should have been told. Ben is a complete Jerk.

Comment by Anna — February 22, 2012 @ 10:59 pm

14. “If I had to go with my gut, I would say that Courtney is…completely full of shit.” The best #ReadReid line in this blog. Why does she have to look like a young Jackie O for? Bleh.

Comment by Gigi — February 23, 2012 @ 2:04 am

15. Love reading your thoughts every week, but I cant help but wander why the devil lady ( Courtney) got to meet her parents first then go on a date with Ben when the other girls went on a date then home? I personally think that if Kacie could have talked to Ben after the meeting with her parents she might have been able to reconnect and calm Ben fears. Who decides the order of hometown dates? Anyways LOVE your blog cant wait to see what you have to say next week!!! and of course at the women tell all!!!

Comment by Heather K — February 23, 2012 @ 4:32 am

16. @Heather K….they showed Courtney’s date out of sequence..not sure why but if you were watching closely they are wearing the “fake” rings from the faux wedding at supper with her family.

Comment by Jannia in NS — February 23, 2012 @ 6:06 am

17. I have to disagree with you about Courtney’s family. I thought they seemed like very nice people. I really don’t understand the bad comment on them just because Courtney was rude to the other girls. It certainly wasn’t her family’s fault. I didn’t like the way she treated the girls either but to throw punches at her family is just WRONG! I actually feel sorry for them that they were thrown into this awful mess that she’s created.

Comment by Debbie — February 23, 2012 @ 7:31 am

18. You’re never too old to change; it just depends on how stubborn or how much pride you have. I doubt that Courtney is as evil as the show makes her out to be, but she does have bad character traits. I think watching this show and all the hate she’s getting from America will hopefully make her change. However, all your Courtney descriptions are hilarious! You’re the only blogger aside from Ashley Spivey’s that’s consistently made me laugh.

Comment by IHeartReid — February 23, 2012 @ 11:50 am

19. he picks courtney.

Comment by Francesca — February 23, 2012 @ 8:07 pm

20. Ben’s cream dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWt_DifczOM

Comment by richard — February 25, 2012 @ 3:30 am

21. Hi Reid! Reading your comment regarding Courtney’s aggressiveness and you may be on to something about being hurt in the past hence her attitude. A friend of mine who is a model was not at all surprised at Courtney’s attitude since she has met a couple of “Courtney’s” while working at Fashions shows and photo shoots. The world of modeling is ultra competitive and perhaps that Courtney’s outlook in life is as well. Loved you comments on Kacie’s hometown date though I wished you elaborated a bit on her dad’s concerns about Ben’s lifestyle him being a wine maker and the Kacie’s dad doesn’t drink booze. I was hoping you would comment on that. Ah well. Looking forward to your take on the next episode. :)

Comment by Maria C — February 25, 2012 @ 11:38 am