Sarah’s Bachelor Pad Blog: Episode 1

As I sit and think about my thoughts on Episode 1, I can’t help but get a little anxiety over writing my first blog. I’ve written dozens and dozens of research papers in Grad School, and for some reason, putting my thoughts together for others to read online is much more nerve-wrecking than having your professor give you a letter grade. Actually, giving blogs a ‘letter-grade’ could be fun, so please feel free to share what grade you think I deserve after reading this; it’ll only help me improve.

This may sound boring, but my favorite part of the entire episode was watching the intros. I really enjoy seeing people in their most comfortable setting, like their home, because I feel as though it’s such a good indicator as to who they really are. Take Chris’ intro for example: his condo was spotless, much like his flawless body, and what a nice condo for a 25 year old! You can totally tell that he works very hard to achieve the goals he sets for himself. Dave’s and SWAT’s intros were also my favorite, as theirs showed what bad asses those guys are. Being a MMA fighter and member of the SWAT team takes a lot of dedication and discipline, so kudos to them! Those are two guys you want on your side during a fight. Although, I can’t help but wonder if Chris’ pajama/candle scene is going to result in some hazing from his SWAT team.

On to night one’s drunken sh*t show: The emotions and adrenaline you feel upon walking into the mansion is rather unexplainable. You immediately feel bonded with everyone, and want to celebrate the new journey you’re about to embark on by taking an obscene amount of shots. I suppose there are other ways to celebrate, but for some of us, it made the most sense. In retrospect, I probably should’ve joined Ryan in only drinking water, as the tequila and champagne I drank brought out my catty 21-year-old alter ego. I’m not quite sure why I called the fans annoying and acted ‘holier than though’ during night one’s cocktail party. Perhaps it was because I felt they would be an easy target from a strategy standpoint, but nonetheless, making catty, snap judgments upon meeting someone is never a smart strategy.

There were a few people, though, that I thought made hilarious first impressions during episode one: Ed & Jaclyn are hands-down two of the funniest people I’ve ever met, and not just when they’ve had one too many cocktails. I’m a bit of a mess at times, and am drawn to people that aren’t perfect all the time, like Jaclyn and Ed. I really respect that they own who they are, regardless of whom they might offend along the way.  Although I’m not sure it’s possible to be offended by Ed’s hot tub shenanigans — by far one of the funniest reality TV moments I’ve ever seen!

As shown after the first challenge, Bachelor Pad is a game where honesty does not bode well at times. David took a brutally honest approach by revealing his game plan to Erica, which if he had lied, I do believe the way night one played-out would have been completely different. Perhaps then Chris and Paige wouldn’t have been eliminated, thus changing the entire course of the game. Hindsight is 20/20, though. I think Michael said it best when explaining how to win the game: “The game is lying. Just avoid conversations — and if you do talk to someone, then lie to them.” That quote alone is great foreshadowing as to what’s only the beginning of a deceitful, yet wildly entertaining season!

1. grade : B :)

Comment by andrea — July 27, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

2. B also. Good job.

Someone make Ed put down his drink and write a blog!

Comment by Belle — July 27, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

3. Congrats on your first blog, so far you seem like one of the nicer people on the show (despite the catty comments)! A-

Comment by Lily — July 27, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

4. I give you a B as well. I would like to hear more of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on and also your take on other competitors. Other than that it’s good.
    Also very glad to see that you didn’t really mean that you are better than the fans as you stated during the show

Comment by Armina — July 27, 2012 @ 3:30 pm

5. B+….Glad to hear you own up to the alter ego Mean Girl. Jaclyn may be funny, but she sure doesn’t seem very nice.

Comment by jessie — July 28, 2012 @ 10:16 pm

6. If the company sent me a life-size silicone doll of Jaclyn by mistake, first place I’m pushing her head is down the toilet.

Comment by bachobserver_31 — July 29, 2012 @ 2:08 am

7. Sarah who?

Comment by Fan — July 29, 2012 @ 10:17 pm

8. Who are?

Comment by Lianna — July 30, 2012 @ 11:38 am

9. Why did you capitalize Grad School?

Comment by Julie — July 30, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

10. Here

Comment by Richard — July 30, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

11. is

Comment by Richard — July 30, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

12. a

Comment by Richard — July 30, 2012 @ 2:56 pm

13. dolla

Comment by Richard — July 30, 2012 @ 2:56 pm

14. pretty

Comment by Richard — July 30, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

15. girl

Comment by Richard — July 30, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

16. You are way hotter than all other past hacks that have been on any of the Bachelor shows. Starting with that “give me it for free” Trista Sutter to that “boys don’t like me so I think I’ll be a bisexual” Krisily to the “love me cause I’m a fake ass bitch Pollack” Ali Fedotowsky.

Sarah you’re special and hot.

Comment by Richard — July 30, 2012 @ 3:00 pm

17. @ Richard

5 posts equal a dollar?

Comment by BP fan — July 30, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

18. I mean 6?

That means Erica made a ton of money this week…lol…

Comment by BP fan — July 30, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

19. @ Julie

‘Cuz she wants us to Remember That She Went to Grad School when we start questioning Why the Hell She Hooked Up With Ed

Comment by I went to GRAD SCHOOL too — July 30, 2012 @ 11:17 pm

20. First I would like to point out how you looked down on the “Fans”…like you’re a celebrity, no one even knows who you are. You got eliminated by your account on the 3rd date from Brad’s first season (which seems ages ago). Even if you had made it to the end from his season, you’re not a CELEBRITY!!!! Second your look awful. I’m not one to put down people but I’m sorry your voice and the way you look and your personality just make you a very ugly person (inside and out). Third on the second episode you slept with Ed cause again in your own words “everyone was hooking up with someone and you didn’t want to be left alone”….jeez can you say I’M EASY and than you voted to have him voted off the show. I hope that you don’t make it too far on the show and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not blog again.

Comment by Brenda — July 31, 2012 @ 7:31 am

21. I give an A-, both for your refreshing humor and laidback nature on the show, and also for your entertaining blog — your comments about regretting your initial words about the fans seems genuine. I’ll keep reading for sure! I love the behind-the-scenes anecdotes as well.

Comment by DeeTee — July 31, 2012 @ 8:09 am

22. Sarah, you’re a very pretty young woman and it is cool of you that you admitted your bad behavior towards the fans. More behind the scenes, please! B+

p.s. I would not suggest Ed as a long-term partner.

Comment by DS — July 31, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

23. Grammar police kind of, a lot really, irritate me. I’m a grammar nazi when it comes to speaking correctly, but all the bloggers are human. They all write like they have a brain and are intelligent individuals….a few grammar mistakes or typos here and there don’t need to be pointed out with a highlighter. Cool it.

Comment by Morgan — July 31, 2012 @ 11:22 pm

24. U r perfect! A courageous and beautiful woman…Hope to hear ur thoughts about tnights episode slick!

Comment by Bp fan — August 6, 2012 @ 9:31 pm