Tenley’s Bachelor Blog: Episode 10

Recipes for your Bachelor Viewing Party

A Simple Spread

Happy Women Tell All Bachelor Monday!! I’m so excited for you all to see this week’s episode, I think it’s the most “real” WTA I’ve ever seen. Sean gets called out by one of the girls… oh yes, it happens. And I actually don’t know what to think about it. But when it happens, hit me up on Twitter and let me know what you think happened there, and who is telling the truth. There’s a little Tierra action, and of course, she gives some recognition to that eyebrow of hers… I mean, how could she not? Desiree is also there and receives a very warm welcome and looks stunning. How many of you think she’ll be the next Bachelorette?! One of the reasons I enjoy The Women Tell All is getting to know the truth behind conversations, emotions, and feelings between the Bachelor and his ladies. Like I said, I feel like this one is the most “real” I have ever seen.

When I was on The Bachelor I actually missed out on getting to attend The Women Tell All because I attended the After the Final Rose instead. I’ve always been sad that I missed out on the WTA experience for a couple reasons… 1) It’s the first time any of the contestants get to reconnect with the Bachelor. 2) I didn’t get to reconnect with the girls of my season because of it- and when I was on it we weren’t allowed to use social media or be in touch with any of the girls from the show. 3) Ummm… I want to sit in one of those plastic swivel chairs and observe as everyone’s opinions start flying. ;) Instead, I experience the Women Tell All like all of you, through the world of television. :) And truth be told, it is probably much more comfortable in my sweats with my girlfriends.

Sean has it down to the final two! I feel like this season has gone by so fast, maybe it’s because I’ve felt more invested emotionally to this cast of women because they were more relate-able to me. I’m happy for Sean, I truly hope that he found his partner for life, but I have a feeling that I will agree with his mom next week… “Don’t get engaged!” I only say this, because it is such a special moment in life and even though I believe that the couple can make it work, I also know the reality that you need to step into real life with one another to see if you still jive when you blend your “normal” lives. I like both of Sean’s choices, but I liked all of his last four women, I think any of them could be a great partner to him for several different reasons. Now it’s up to him, he gets to choose which package is best for him… Catherine or Lindsay?! (No spoilers please!!) I’m getting excited for the finale next week already!!

Okay, so now onto your viewing party menu for the week… I kept it super simple. I needed simple this week! I don’t know about you, but as soon as March hits, I feel like life starts to speed up until September, I don’t know how it happens, so my Monday night spread is super easy hoping to help all of you with cutting down time in the kitchen before tonight’s show.

Your Recipes…

Avocado Chicken Salad

I saw several different recipes floating around on good ol’ pinterest and I was inspired by all of them and decided to create my own recipe. This Avocado chicken salad has become a staple for me, sooo good. I decided to make it for my viewing party because it’s a hit, it’s super easy, and it’s healthy! Double or triple the recipe if you’re serving more than 4 people.

ingredients:

-2-3 Organic Chicken Breasts, cook and then shred *The short cut, pull meat from an organic rotisserie chicken

-1 Ripe Avocado

-1/2 Onion, chopped

-Handful of chopped Cilantro, to your own preference. *leave a little for garnish

-Juice of 1 lime

-A pinch or two of Pink Salt

*You can also add ground pepper, but I love the salty citrus taste!

directions:

-Shred cooked organic chicken breast (or pull/shred from a rotisserie chicken) and place in a bowl

-Add Avocado to the bowl and begin to mash around with the chicken

-Add chopped onions and cilantro, mashing these ingredients into the chicken and avocado

-Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle pink salt and mash all ingredients together mixing all flavors well

-Taste to make sure it’s the flavor you’re going for

-Garnish with some cilantro on top

*I serve my Avocado Chicken Salad as is, but I have placed warmed Brown Rice Tortillas on the side so that my guests can make wraps- it’s divine!

***

Little Nibbles…

Tomatoes & Cheese

What you see is what you get on this one! I just thought this was simple finger food, would mix excellently with the Avocado Chicken Salad, and it’s so colorful it looks beautiful on the table. I just found a raw organic white cheese and cut it up in cubes and created a spread with an organic cherry tomato variety. Place a few toothpicks on the side or keep it finger food! I recommend adding some of the tomatoes to your chicken salad, it’s a great addition!

***

Sweet Bites…

Mixed Fruit & Dark Chocolate

Again, what you see is what you get! I grabbed a few of my favorite fruits, washed them up (cut them up), and put them in a serving bowl together with a large serving spoon. I will be placing these out next to a nice plate of varieties of Organic Dark Chocolate! Chocolate and fruit is one of my favorite pairings. In fact, if I had just a few more minutes to get ready for tonight I would bake my Raw Cacao Brownies to pair with some berries/fruit! If you have some time, try them- they’re so good!

Click HERE for my Raw Cacao Brownie Recipe!

(Make them without the peppermint if combining with fruit)

***

Your Beverage…

Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer

Picture is from the official Nutrition Plan and does not belong to me

It’s starting to feel a little bit more like Spring (feeling like Summer in California recently), and I am trying to be a lot more careful when drinking my fancier beverages since they can be full of sugar, and I’m craving a little something tangy and refreshing tonight, so I will be making one of my favorite drinks from the Nutrition Plan I live by! It’s perfect for a fun little cocktail option minus all the added sugars. Please still drink responsibly and in moderation. :)

ingredients:

-4 oz. Champagne or sparkling cider/sparkling water

-Juice of 1 lemon (my cheeks are puckering thinking about it!) ;)

-1/4 cup Strawberries, thinly sliced

-1 tsp. Organic Stevia

directions:

-Mix ingredients together in a chilled glass and enjoy!

*If you make this drink with sparkling water instead of champagne, serve over ice

I absolutely love everything on this lifestyle plan so you can’t go wrong!

***

Happy Bachelor Viewing!

Only one more week until we find out who Sean will pick!!

FOR MORE FUN AND HEALTHY RECIPES COME VISIT ME AT www.sweetandfreelife.com

1. Thanks Tenley. This is really nice for a change. I’m very hungry and now even hungrier!

Comment by jessie — March 4, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

2. You played out your relationship with Kiptyn on twitter, picture after picture, tweet after tweet. Now that people are asking if your relationship is on the rocks, in the process of terminating or over, you won’t reply.

Trista Sutter feels so entitled as the old mother hen to call out Kiptyn to tell him he should propose already and ever since then, he has pulled away from you.

It’s obvious he’s over you. I think you owe your fans. What you say?

Comment by let's be a grown up Tenley — March 4, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

3. Im 50/50 on whether Tenley ‘owes’ her love life details to her followers. Half of me thinks she does. We all met her through a show about love and relationships. She openly divulged the details of her first marriage for the entire planet to hear, then continued to go on talk shows and do online interviews about her relationship with Jake and then with her relationship with Kip. She gets perk after perk, still, to this very day all because of her on-air time and the interest in her by all of her followers. So, for these reasons I think she should show respect to everyone inquiring about her current relationship status…especially since she was the one who drew us all into it in the first place! I mean, she shares the first part of her ‘ journey ‘ with all of us and then yanks the plug out without caring to share the ending or what’s happening next? I do find this rude. She is very much dependent on her “fame” for her livelihood right now. So ignoring those who gave you that popularity and ability to go to the Grammys, Oscar events, be guests on this exclusive gatherings, and that paid appearance, etc, is ridiculous. Now, there’s another half of me that thinks she isn’t talking about Kiptyn anymore – or answering the questions about him – because HE has decided he doesn’t want their relationship in the spotlight anymore and she doesn’t want to go against his wishes on this. And I blame Kiptyn 100% for Tenley being in this situation in the first place! Because he’s the one not proposing. So, that makes it a bit awkward for Tenley, don’t ya think?? I’ve seen a few interviews with her answering “I wish I knew!” when asked when they were getting engaged. Sounds like she’s ready and Kips dragging his feet. If you have dated, exclusively, for almost 3 years (isn’t that how long they’ve been together now!?) and he can’t even promise, make it official to the world that you are THE one for him and give you a ring, and give you the peace of mind and respect, so you know that you’re not wasting the crucial years of your life away for nothing… Then that’s a bad sign! You know what I’d REALLY like to see?? Patty Stanger interview Tenley- lol- shed give her quite the rattling ;-)

Comment by KiKi — March 4, 2013 @ 6:07 pm

4. Oh, and nice idea of the guacamole with chicken in it ;-)

Comment by KiKi — March 4, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

5. Good post KiKI, very fair to all concerned.
    Tenley’s silence on the status of her relationship garners attention — isn’t that what she was all about in the first place?
    I would think being straight-up and forthright would be the nicer path to take. It’s not like breaking-up is a criminal act. Seems like such ‘secret stupidity’ and so ‘high-school’
    Truth is: in all probability who REALLY gives a rat’s a**

Comment by Bella — March 4, 2013 @ 7:23 pm

6. Who gives a rat’s a** Bella? I would say her 1000′s of loyal Facebook and Twitter followers do! Tenley has shared very many personal aspects of her life with her fans. In return she has received continued interest and positive supportive posts. Now,the simple question “are you single” is out of bounds.
    Yes or No and be done with it, PLEASE!!

Comment by Jay — March 4, 2013 @ 7:45 pm

7. Do you really think anyone is a “follower?” This is just a silly show. Maybe after her appearance on the show, she acquired people interested in following her…but she was flavor du jour. Now other women are in the public eye.

At the end of the day no one cares. Tenley is a sweet person. She doesn’t owe anyone anything….though if she doesn’t want to talk about her franchise-created relationship, she really should stop blogging on this site and trying to drum up publicity for herself.

She is making herself and her relationship with Kiptyn fair game. Whether she gets married to that boy or not of any consequence.

Comment by Scott — March 5, 2013 @ 8:08 am

8. Hi, Tenely! OMG I am such a HUGE fan!!! You’re like the girl I always wanted to be. I am totally pulling for you and Kip. I just love your recipe blog and experiment with all of these recipes the next week for my follow up viewing party. Thanks so much! You are soooo helpful. While I love your writing style, please don’t write in ALL CAPS as it makes it difficult for me to read. Also it isn’t technically correct that we will have to wait to find out who Sean fill pick, as you wrote as Sean has ALREADY picked the woman and frankly all of us know, through Reality Steve and other sources. I’m just trying to be helpful. Please holla at your girl, @bethholler (That’s my Twitter name) and My name is Bell Holler. I am totally your fan! I love you soooo much! Keep blogging, girl!

Comment by Beth H. — March 5, 2013 @ 8:13 am

9. Hello,

Great blog again! Thanks for the ideas on the food pairings. Sometimes we over think and forget to just try simple! I agree the WTA did feel more “real” than some of the others. It was nice that issues were addressed, but without immaturity or yelling. It was a really weird moment with Sean and AshLee. I wasn’t sure if she was kidding, lying, or just freaking out on us! I still don’t know exactly what to think about it. If Sean really never said that, then I feel bad for him, lol! The only thing I can really conclude is maybe he said something that she just heard the wrong way, maybe because she had her blinders on. Still, it was odd for her to try to call him out on it. Anyway, I wish her luck, she is sweet and gorgeous!!

I too love TIU and joined myself because of your recomendations in the past, so thank you for that!

So, as far as what the other posters are asking about your relationship, I’m sorry for that. I don’t think any of us should judge. I have recently been through an extremely hard breakup and maybe you just don’t want to deal with it yet. I can’t imagine if people were demanding an answer before I was ready to talk about it. I still let my hair dresser ask how my husband is because I don’t want to break down in her chair infront of everyone and it’s been almost 8 months! I just say oh, he’s good, and then move the convo on! So come on guys. Get a life.

Have a great week!
    Heather

Comment by Heather — March 5, 2013 @ 9:44 am

10. Hey “Beth H.” SHUT UP. You are not me and I am sick of you trying to pretend to be me and making me look crazy. Please stop. I am asking nicely. I haven’t commented on any blogs this week and I wasn’t going to, but I am tired of your shenanigans. If you don’t stop, I will do my best to get whoever is in charge of these blogs to take your comments down. Also, stop posting my twitter name.@Tenley- I am so sorry. That was NOT me. I am a big fan of yours and I do like your blogs, but that person who left that comment is not me. You can check. Thanks for blogging and have a great week!

Comment by The real Beth Holler — March 5, 2013 @ 10:25 am

11. I believe the word “follower” was used because she has 88,000 + followers on twitter. That is an insane number of people out there hanging on this girl’s every word. That number also means $$$$$ to Tenley because it gives her clout when being hired as a spokesperson, and leverage when making endorsement deals. It’s most likely also the main reason she was hired as “Editor in Chief” of a fashion magazine even though, obviously, she has ZERO professional journalism experience, and, in fact, comes across as uneducated, especially in the grammar department.

Comment by Michelle — March 5, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

12. True, Michelle.

Marketers look at Twitters numbers, but really, how many people actually follow Twitter? Who has time? How many of those followers were bought by the franchise?

Comment by Kate — March 5, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

13. From unemployed to Editor in Chief of a magazine, all for appearing on a reality TV show. LOL

Comment by Kate — March 5, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

14. Kate – exactly! Just act cutesy, get on a reality show and the world is yours….NOT the life lesson I’ll be teaching my daughters.

Comment by Michelle — March 5, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

15. The avacado chicken salad sounds so delicious! I’ll have to try it, as I say with many of your suggestions. Keep them coming! Thanks so much!

Comment by Leila — March 5, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

16. Kate says “Just act cutesy, get on a reality show and the world is yours”
    I say: “Just act cutesy, get on a reality show and confuse mere recognition with fame. Can’t help but feel craving public attention = a very shallow existence.
    Frankly, NOT what I would wish for for my daughters.

Comment by Laura — March 5, 2013 @ 6:55 pm

17. To the two people impersonating me above, I, I repeat I, am the real Beth Holler. Please quit impersonating me because you are making me look crazy. SHUT UP, JUST SHUT UP or I will tell all my Twitter followers about you and we will stalk your isp. I may even report you to Chris Harrison. This is the last time I use my real name on the Bachelor blog. BTW, you can all follow me on twitter @bethholler! Holler at me y’all!

Comment by Beth H — March 6, 2013 @ 11:27 am

18. Hey look, Kiptyn was NEVER going to marry Tenley. he said so on his fan page many times. Fans kept asking him when he was going to marry her and have babies. Kiptyn said I’M NOT.
    We’re just dating and having fun together thats it, nothing more. He said that often through out the almost three yr relationship. it was sex,fun,traveling for him,that’s it.
    I’m glad he put her out with Friday’s garbage. he deserves better,and he knew it.

Comment by Katie — March 6, 2013 @ 5:51 pm

19. Fo shizzle, yo! Who be Beth H? Holler!? Whyz you care what they say so much, yo? Ignore the hate, appreciatez! This is Jaclyn Fartz in da houze! Where’s my homegirl, Ashley Skivvies at? Break it down for me! Peace out! I still gotz 50 more texts to send Edz yo, that he wont answer!

Comment by Jaclyn Fartz — March 6, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

20. PS. Everyone mind yo biz! Tenley’s biz is herz, yo! Look at me instead!

Comment by Jaclyn Fartz — March 6, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

21. @Jaclyn Fartz-y’all, I lovez you, y’all hear? I gotz two words for y’all. SHAKE AND BAKE! Bless my little person heart, y’all! Only girlz with the coolz beanz speak in abbrevz y’all!

Comment by Ashley Skivvies — March 6, 2013 @ 6:27 pm

22. OMG, Jaclyn, can you introduce me to Ed. OMG, I love him so much! I laughed so hard when he made those animal noise on Bachelor Pad. That was so hilarious!He is so cute. Like, he is the man I always pictured myself being with–tall, dark, handsome. He is so mature, the way he gets drunk on national tv and was willing to drag you into bed after telling you he had someone back home. What a bad boy! I am so turned on! (Don’t tell mom!) By the way, my twitter is: @bethholler, Tell Ed to Holler at me, girlfriend. I will totally rock his world!

Comment by Beth H. — March 6, 2013 @ 7:15 pm

23. By the way, guys alway respond to my tweet and IMs. I like IMed my last boyfriend all the time — this guy calld “automated admin” and he totally responded to my tweets and IMs like the second I sent them, even if I wa drunk texting him at two in the morning! I told him to holler at me @bethholler and he totally did! OMG!I am an awesome tweeter! I will totally tweet him like 200 time a day. I love him so much! You are so lucky you got to be with him. I am totally jealous!

Comment by Beth H. — March 6, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

24. Tenley, your title is SO perfect for this ridiculous blog. Yup, it’s definitely a SIMPLE SPREAD !!!!

Comment by Brianne — March 6, 2013 @ 8:17 pm

25. Y’all, I forgotz to take my Bach Nationz Delusional daily medz last night and thought I was just a regz country girl from the Carolinas y’all. Like all covered in Tar y’all hear? I just took it and I thinkz I’m going to steal Carrie Underwood’s material next, like I did Perez Hilton’s blog las year, and Imma be the next country music superstarz y’all! I was on the Bachelor TV show for 5 minutes y’all. That makes me famous like Angelina Jolie, right y’all?! Elan Gayle, aka, Cousin Pubitz, told me so, y’all. Producers dunn gone lie, y’all hearz me? Fo sho! Imma go and wash my itty bitty 2012 WTA white dress fo my next music video! This gives me a case of the excitedz y’all, like so much better than the sadz y’all hear?! Gotta go call my BFF Jaclyn Fartz. She’s probz on the phone leaving Edz another stalking voice mail, y’all! TTYS, SHAKE AND BAKE, abbrevz fo life! Y’all hearz?

Comment by Ashley Skivvies — March 7, 2013 @ 2:30 am

26. @Beth, the Catfish, Holla! I feelz every wordz you sayin! Edz can’t even remember meeeting me, yo! He has a realz case of the badz, yo! I text him 50 messages a day, yo! Hollaz at me in the Big Apple, yo! You can join the abbrevz club, yo! We’re exclusive, like!
    @Ashley Skivvies-you rock itty bitty 1980′s style dresses like no other girl in the history of little peoplez! You are my nizzle, fo shizzle! Abbrevz fo life! I want to be in yo music videoz, dawgz. We famous celebz yo! We were on a reality dating show for 10 minutes, yo! Don’t hatez, appreciatez!

Comment by Jaclyn Fartz — March 7, 2013 @ 2:36 am

27. @Tenley- y’all so purty but y’all sound like a cartoon character! I gotz a request for the finale recipe y’all hear? TUR DUCK EN! Google it, y’all!

Comment by Ashley Skivvies — March 7, 2013 @ 3:07 am

28. I totes holla @Fartz and Skivvies

I love my abbrevs. They be totes coolio.

Comment by Beth H. — March 7, 2013 @ 9:57 pm

29. I just saw Tenley’s tweet “mean people make me laugh” after someone asked her about the comments on this post and now I see why…some of these posts here are crazy. KooKoo for Cocoa Puffs doesn’t begin to cover it. BUT- then she wrote “they have nothing better to do than think of me” …and then she made ME laugh. Because SHE is the one posting on this Bachelor Blog website! And SHE is constantly SEEKING attention for herself, every day, every week, for years. And now she wants to accuse people of having nothing better to do than think of her? Isn’t that what she wants and needs and strives for so hard!?! Ok Girlie-Girl! ;)

Comment by KiKi — March 8, 2013 @ 3:07 pm

30. It is very sad Tenley thinks people are thinking of her. Actually most are mocking her and the poor girl doesn’t realize it. Is all this negative attention better than no attention???

Comment by Tim — March 8, 2013 @ 6:52 pm

31. I hope these mean people don’t keep you from blogging, Tenley! For what it’s worth I think you are a sweetheart and your recipes are so healthy and awesome. Thanks!!

Comment by Amy — March 9, 2013 @ 1:34 am

32. Tenley,

Most of us don’t think of you. I know I don’t. We just post on the board because it’s here and we are following the show for laughs.

I don’t have an opinion of you one way or the other. You seemed sweet on jake’s season and rather conniving and mean spirited on Bachelor Pad. Kiptyn wouldn’t be my choice in man. He seems nice, but bland, average. All I can say about him is that he seems nice, good looking, and rich, but beyond that, so what. Many other people have those qualities and more.

You and Kip are nice people…People aren’t posting here because they think of you or any contestant. We kind of laugh at the effort of reality show people to extend their 15 minutes of fame by becoming fashion experts, food critics, editors in chief, reporters, and other things for which their only qualification is appearing on a reality show and gossiping, drinking, dating, and being silly before an audience of millions.

Just ignore the comments. You need to develop tough skin to be in the public eye. But also know that most don’t think you are special because you appeared on this silly show. Try to develop skills and actually achieve something, do thing for others, etc to earn respect.

Posting recipes seems very Martha Stewart, onnly without all the savvy and business acumen, like you are a wannabe Stepford wife or something.

I am not judging nor do I follow you or think enough about you to care. Just the impression you give off. You want to be idolized as a Stepford wife type and think you are famous for appearing on a reality show many seasons ago. More power to you — enjoy.

Hopefully you wont look back at these years as wasted, that you could have made something of yourself instead of trying to be famous for being famous, you know?

Just a thought.

Comment by To Tenley — March 10, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

33. @Kiki

The people aren’t Looney Tunes. they are parodying Jaclyn and Ashley, former contestants, who are middle aged women writing in the style of teenagers, thinking they are cool by ripping off Perez Hilton’s trademark writing style.

Notice that Ashley and Jaclyn haven’t been back since being called out.

Comment by For Kiki — March 10, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

34. I thought for sure Tenley would be hungry for another 15 minutes of fame. I thought they would mention Kiptyn breaking up with Tenley,but i guess Tenley doesn’t want fame from that since she knew the whole time he never loved her in the first place.

Comment by Katie — March 11, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

35. How funny that Tenely lets all these comments stay here without commenting back? We all knew that Kiptyn wasn’t going to stay with Tenley – that voice alone would drive me crazy! Maybe if he saw her as a motivated women (ie: HAVE A JOB) he would have stayed with her longer. Just one more reason I don’t think that it was a real relastionship. How sad that she always, constantly, tried to reassure herself how much he liked her by posting pictures of them together, when she would make him pose and set up these pictures to look like a happy little couple. Ugh…so fake. The End IMHO :)

Comment by Sue — March 22, 2013 @ 10:52 am

36. Sue…She stayed cause she didn’t have to pay for anything. Not the trips,not a mortgage payment,no groceries,no utilities bills. All the little bit of money she made she got to bank.He’s RICH thats why she stayed and made it look like they were happy. Must really suck to have sex with a man and no he NEVER really loved you in the first place.Don’t cry for Disney,she has a new house,and a new bedroom she said.NO sadness. Im sure she cried like a baby when he told her to leave. Their last trip was to Oregon, and Kiptyn spent a night at an NBA game with her Dad. Wonder what dad said to have him ending things? Put a ring on the finger and marry her or set her free. So he set her free. The devote Christian who doesn’t date non christian men, spent almost three yrs with a non christian man.She was more into the Jewish celebrations then she was the Christian celebrations.

Comment by Katie — March 25, 2013 @ 8:03 am

37. Kiptyn said on his fanpage MANY times through out the relationship when he was asked. When are you gonna marry Tenley and have babies. he said I’M NOT. we’re just dating and having fun for awhile. he said that right after they started dating. Ever notice he NEVER called her his gf, publicly online or in interviews?
    Why do you date Tenley?The interviewer asked. kiptyn said…..Cause she satisfies my needs as a man. When my needs are no longer being satisfied,i won’t be with her anymore.The sex must’ve got boring for him.

Comment by Katie — March 25, 2013 @ 8:09 am