Tenley’s Bachelor Blog: Episode 5

Recipes for your Bachelor Viewing Party

Mexican Food Theme

Two nights of The Bachelor this week, I don’t know what to do with myself! I usually need the week to process what took place the previous Monday night. This week I’m going to be on overload. ;) I’m glad I’m not alone and will have all of Bachelor Nation to process my thoughts with. I love social media on Monday nights (and Tuesday this week).

One thing I haven’t been able to get over is Tierra’s power over Sean. I guess it’s not a surprise, we see this almost every season, one person getting the Bachelor or Bachelorette wrapped around their finger. It makes me think about Courtney and Ben, or Bentley and Ashley to name a few. But how long do you all think Sean will put up with Tierra’s shenanigans? You all know how much respect I have for Sean, he seems wise, genuine, and very aware, so even though she’s fooled him thus far, I have a feeling her next tantrum won’t be very tolerated. We shall see!

I am really liking the women this season. For the most part, there seems to be some really solid and awesome girls, lucky Sean. However, even though they’re all awesome women, not all of them would work with Sean. So far I like AshLee, Des, and Lindsay for Sean, but as we get to more girls each week I know this may change. Who do you have in the front running (without spoiler influence)?

Now onto our Bachelor Viewing menu for this week… as you know, there is a double header of the show this week, and I don’t know about you but I personally can’t host two parties this week so I’m just sharing one menu (a very simple one), and if you and your friends are super committed to hosting a bachelor viewing party two nights in a row- you’re amazing! You could also tag-team with your friends and try this menu one night and a past week’s menu that you haven’t tried on the next night! ;)

Like I said, this menu is SUPER simple and I really mean that. You can make the main dish in your crockpot/slowcooker!

Your Recipes…

Spicy Mexi Chicken Soup

ingredients:

-Organic Chicken Breast (Use however much you like, I had about 6 chicken breasts cooking)

-2 tbsp. Coconut oil

-1/4 tsp of ground cumin

-1/4 tsp of garlic powder

-1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper

-1/2 tsp of Chili Powder

(You can add or subtract the amount of the seasoning used, this really is to your taste preference)

-1 large Onion diced

-6 cloves garlic, minced (I LOVE garlic)

-2 jalapeno peppers, diced

-1-2 32 oz carton of Gluten Free Chicken Broth (I used about 1 ½ box of broth approx. 6 cups, you can use more or less. I also used the low sodium kind)

-1 28 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes (or regular canned tomatoes)

-Juice of 2 limes

-1 cup cilantro, chopped

directions:

Easy….

Place ALL of your ingredients in a crock pot, including chicken

You can do this in the morning before you begin your day so that your soup will be ready by the evening.

I cooked mine on high for about 4 hours. All Slow Cookers are different so just make sure that your chicken is done.

If you want to do this over the stove, bake or grill chicken before hand and pour all ingredients into a pot over the stove and get all the flavors mixed together and then add cooked chicken!

Garnish with cilantro and avocado.

VOILA!

I loved the idea of serving soup this week because it’s low maintenance, it’s filling, and it can also be lite for those that ate dinner before they came to your party and are just looking for a taste of something for the evening. When serving to a group at a party I just keep the crockpot on warm and leave a ladle and cups/bowls out for people to serve themselves.

***

Dippers…

Blue Chips & Guacamole

You can never go wrong with Chips and Guacamole! Everybody loves this snack. I used organic non-GMO blue chips because Blue Corn has more nutrient content and is less starchy and lower on the glycemic index. Makes it a perfect match for some delicious and healthy guacamole. The most important thing to keep in mind when you have a snack that you’re dipping is to eat in moderation. ;)

Easy Guacamole Recipe:

-2 Avocados

-1 onion, finely chopped

-2 cloves of garlic, minced (You can use 1 clove if you’re not crazy about garlic)

-1 ripe tomato, chopped

-1-2 limes juiced (to taste)

-Sea Salt & Pepper to taste

Just peel and mash your avocados and mix all ingredients together well! Chill and then serve!

*If you’re looking for a shortcut this week pick yourself up some freshly made guacamole from your local Whole Food’s or store that would make a good “clean” and fresh Guac!

***

Something Sweet…

Coconut Almond No Bake Macaroons

Original Recipe from Running to the Kitchen

What goes well with a hot a spicy soup?! A cooling and sweet coconut cookie!

ingredients:

-¾ cup unsweetened organic shredded coconut

-3 tbsp almond meal

-1½ tbsp coconut butter, melted (Not Coconut Oil)

-1 tbsp maple syrup

-2 tbsp chopped almonds

-⅛ tsp sea salt

-¼ tsp vanilla extract

-⅛ tsp almond extract

-½ tbsp unsweetened almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla and it worked great)

directions:

-Combine coconut, almond meal, chopped almonds and salt in a medium bowl. Stir together.

-Add remaining ingredients except for milk and stir together with a spatula or your hands. (Hands works best!)

-If you need it, (if mixture comes together enough without it, omit) add the almond milk so that the dough is of a consistency that will stick together enough and hold it’s shape.

-Fill a tablespoon with the mixture and pack down tightly. Carefully remove the mixture using your fingers to “pop” it out of the tablespoon onto a parchment lined sheet. *I used my “cookie scoop” or “melon baller”.

-I melted some organic dark chocolate chips and added a little chocolate on a few of my macaroons!

-Chill before serving and keep refrigerated

These will literally melt in your mouth, the perfect sweet to go with your Soup!

***

Something Refreshing…

“Spa” Water

I know, you’re probably like, “Tenley, WATER?! I know how to serve water. Don’t you have something else?” I hear ya, but this weekend following super bowl festivities, I personally felt like something more refreshing- truly refreshing for my body. This is a great choice to have on hand at all of your gatherings. Fill a pitcher or a drink dispenser with some sliced up oranges, limes, lemons, cucumbers, or even some berries, and mint leaves with water and ice. Get creative! I used lemon and oranges because that’s what I had on hand. :)

If the water isn’t cutting it for you, you can always open a bottle of wine. ;) Two nights of bachelor in a row just called for something a bit more hydrating to me.

Happy Bachelor Viewing!

FOR MORE FUN AND HEALTHY RECIPES COME VISIT ME AT www.sweetandfreelife.com

1. Love your recipes!
    I might try those cookies, i hope I can find almond meal and coconut butter.

Comment by Melissa — February 5, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

2. YUM! Healthy and delicious…..I cannot wait to try these…..

Comment by Courtney — February 5, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

3. Tenley, I just want to come eat at your house. The pictures and recipes on here have me drooling!I,for one, am not bothered at all with the “Spa” water. I am underage and can’t drink anyway, so that’s a nice alternative. Anyway, enjoy night 2 and hope things are going well for you! xoxo

Comment by Beth H — February 5, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

4. Tenley, you are super fake. I cant stand your face and everything about you. I cant believe girls look up to you its so sad. They look up tosomeone who went on reality TV to try and become famous. Have you ever had a real job? You’re such a disgrace to the female population.

Comment by Ciara — February 5, 2013 @ 8:46 pm

5. Love the recipes!!! Thank you so much :)

Comment by Arch — February 6, 2013 @ 12:48 am

6. Love the recipes!!! Thank you so much :)

Comment by Arch — February 6, 2013 @ 12:48 am

7. Oh my! The photos are most unappetizing. :-/

Comment by KiKi — February 6, 2013 @ 2:15 am

8. Tenley, just ignore the people leaving mean comments. I think you are wonderful. If anyone is a disgrace to the female population, it’s females knocking on other females. Also, Tierra. lol. Don’t worry about haters. :)

Comment by Beth — February 6, 2013 @ 7:55 am

9. Ciara, That’s a little harsh. I don’t like her either and agree she is fake and needs a real job but still.

And as far as her food goes, I think most of it looks unappealing to be honest. Anyone who puts a whole onion with 2 avocados and calls it quacamole is not a good cook at all. The garlic in it sounds just gross.

You look way better without so much makeup Tenley. You have gotten too thin, your face looks way too bony and your nose is big.

You are fake and I think Kiptyn has tired of you. No way you two are getting married. Ever.

Comment by PEACE OUT — February 6, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

10. Some of the people posting here are really cruel – and that’s uncalled for.
    However, I don’t understand this blog – total waste – anyone who wants healthy recipes can find them easily on the internet. Just had to comment because I was so shocked to see a blog supposedly about The Bachelor – devoted to recipes – boring – meaningless.

Comment by Cheryl — February 6, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

11. @Peace Out – Show me a picture of yourself. The reason why so many women and girls have self-esteem problems these days is because of comments like yours. I am not here to be a Bachelor Blog cop, but I could not sit still and not respond to the horrible things you said about Tenley. If you’re a guy, I hope you never get a girl until you learn some manners. If you’re a girl, you’re just awful. No woman should ever knock down another woman. And actually, I think Ciara was less harsh than you. Ciara she is a disgrace is one thing, but you picking her apart for the way she looks is another. I sure am glad that it doesn’t seem like Tenley reads these because I would feel terrible for her. @Cheryl- None of what I said applies to you. lol. I totally understand where you are coming from about the blog. Criticisms of the blog are fine, but criticisms of Tenley and her body are not. And NO, I am NOT Tenley nor do I know her personally. I’m just a female who can’t stand seeing other females being verbally attacked. Okay, well that’s all I have to say.

Comment by Beth H. — February 6, 2013 @ 7:25 pm

12. Well, Tenley “knocked a female” down when she wrote about Tierra in her blog. Amazing how some super-fans don’t see the superior attitude Tenley has herself, thinly disguised as innocence and a Christian heart. She really is all about herself. Self-promotion, promotion of the businesses she gets kick-backs from for every tweet and Facebook post and blog. Wake up super-fans, you are worshipping someone who is using you for monetary gain. You followers keep asking her what her ‘real’ job is: it’s getting paid for having followers- hello!!!

Comment by KiKi — February 7, 2013 @ 2:06 am

13. I think “a disgrace to the female population” is a little harsh but I do think Tenley behaves in a way that makes it seem like she’s begging for attention. She makes vague referances to a breakup with Kiptyn but won’t answer people when they ask if they’re still together. She constantly mentions “exciting meetings” and “fun projects” but then won’t tell people what she actually does for To a living.

Comment by Lauren — February 7, 2013 @ 5:00 am

14. I would just like to say that I don’t “worship” Tenley. I was just sticking up for her against overly harsh statements. The only thing I worship is God.

Comment by Beth H. — February 7, 2013 @ 11:13 am

15. Read this post on Facebook and thought “how true it is”

Tenley,for well over two years, you have PUBLICLY shared many aspects of your life — your divorce, your house foreclosure, the fact that you owe your parents money, your health issues, your living arrangements, 100′s of photos of your vacations and gatherings with family and friends. The list goes go on and on.
    Now, all of a sudden, you resist answering a very straight forward question, “ARE YOU SINGLE?” From where I sit, the question is far less personal than many life events you have already chosen to share.
    I don’t notice anyone requesting personal details. It’s pretty much just a simple yes or no type answer.

Tenley, maybe it is time you showed the same respect to your 30,209 followers that you receive from them. (Maybe you are just too preoccupied perfecting that ridiculous phony pose of yours, one picture after another. )

Comment by Mia — February 8, 2013 @ 12:27 pm

16. Ummm not sure why people are still asking Tenley if she and Kiptyn have broken up or not. The simple fact that neither one of them has tweeted “we are still together” or something similar is all the proof that I need. I think it’s only a matter of time before the media announces it.

Comment by Gina — February 8, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

17. Tenley will milk it for all it’s worth. For her, negative attention is better than no attention.
    I would guess gluten intolerance is the least of her problems. Perhaps a little privacy would be a healthy life style choice for Tenley.

Comment by Jen — February 8, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

18. Not so long ago Trista Sutter came right out and asked Kiptyn when he was going to propose. As if she has any right to ask that type of question. She truly does think she’s the mother queen. She is the worst female in this bachelor cluster.

Tenley and Kiptyn spent Christmas together. He left Oregon on the 26th. The did have winter plans in Hawaii that got cancelled. They are no longer together. Why they aren’t announcing it is beyond me. I don’t blame him because she came across as way to needy, very clingy, too sugary Jesus like. Marry a preacher if you want that type of life.

Best of luck. Whatever.

Comment by Bert broke up with Ernie — February 8, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

19. p.s. after Kiptyn left Oregon right after Christmas, she stayed on and returned to San Diego. That is when he broke up with her. Tenley returned to be with her parents to be consoled for 30 plus days. SMH.

Comment by Bert broke up with Ernie — February 8, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

20. Just my observations and opinions Tenley. You’ve always been so public and most all of this stuff has been tweeted. Lots of people are talking and speculating, as I’m sure you’re aware. You’ve always tweeted publicly so much private things between you and Kiptyn in the past, why not be truthful now. You have thousands of curious fans. It seems very immature to stay quiet now. No shame in break ups.

Comment by Bert broke up with Ernie — February 8, 2013 @ 5:27 pm

21. Beth H: you really need to chill. Maybe take a walk.

Comment by Bert broke up with Ernie — February 8, 2013 @ 5:27 pm

22. I really think Beth H (after she chills, of course) could correct the above info. Maybe she could even correct her name — just so transparent, it makes me laugh.
    Tenley and Kiptyn celebrated New Years together. They took the train up the coast to meet up with friends. Guess he forgot the ring! Lucky dude!!

Comment by Greg — February 8, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

23. In the almost three years they were together I never even heard Kiptyn call Tenley his girlfriend. That pretty much says it all. Tenley refusing to confirm a breakup make her appear either desperate for Kiptyn, attention or both. Very very high school.

And I agree that Beth H. needs to chill. Do these people defend you the way you defend them?

Comment by Jenn — February 8, 2013 @ 7:55 pm

24. No, they don’t defend me the way I defend them. They don’t know me and no one is attacking me. I could care less about the blog criticisms and the ?s swirling around about her relationship, I was just upset with the criticisms of her body. Also, I don’t know why you’re telling me to correct my name. My name is really Beth Holler,so Beth H. I am not making that up. Go check my twitter if you don’t believe me. It’s @bethholler , the same account I referred Natalie to in a comment on her blog. I am fine thank you, no need to chill. If I really upset anyone on here, I am sorry. I am a genuinely nice person and just wanted to give Tenley the benefit of the doubt. I do respect your opinions. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and if you’re in the blizzard area, stay safe and warm! :)

Comment by Beth H. — February 8, 2013 @ 8:56 pm

25. Can’t speak for everyone but I give Beth H full marks. She deserves an apology for even bothering to clarify the authenticity of her signature. JMO
    Don’t think I could take the same high road.

Comment by Paula — February 8, 2013 @ 10:57 pm

26. Tenley tweets exactly when Kiptyn tweeted today. For his attention. He doesn’t want to spend his life with you Tenley. Make it easy on him if you respect him and move out and move on. Get a job. A real job. Or move back to your parents. I don’t blame Kiptyn because I find you super repetitive and boring. If you tweets after the past few years are any indication, it’s nuts how you have no self esteem. Let him go find the love of his life, Tenley. You are not that girl.

Comment by You do not get a rose... — February 9, 2013 @ 12:05 pm