The Baan San Fan Orphanage

The Ban San Fan Orphanage, located in the Phang Nga province in Southern Thailand, was hit hard after a massive tsunami  in 2004 left huge devastation. Thousands of people were killed, leaving behind several hundred orphans.

Ashley and the Bachelors were inspired by Baan San owners Sam and Gai, who came to the area looking to help and wound up taking in a group of children living in tents.  They have now built housing and created a community to provide a family for these orphans.

We were able to give back to Baan San Fan by painting their buildings, providing soccer fields and giving them shoes, toys, bicycles and beds to make this place feel more like home for the children.  But the Orphanage still lacks the financial resources to take in more kids. Each year, they must turn away children because they don’t have the money to  provide for them.

Please donate whatever you can to help the Baan San Orphanage.  They need your support to provide food, housing, and schooling for these children.

1. This may have been my favorite part of ALL Bachelor and Bachelorette shows. I love Thailand, and I love helping others. The smiles and laughs on those kids’ faces were wonderful! Good job!

Comment by Emily — June 14, 2011 @ 12:42 am

2. What a wonderful thing to do! I’ve long been impressed with Ashley and this just increased my respect for her!

Comment by Cyndicadyd — June 14, 2011 @ 12:44 am

3. Not everyone wants to donate money. I’m a quilter and would love to donate quilts for the children. If we can get a list of names, I would embroider their name on a quilt. Is this possible?

Comment by Karen — June 14, 2011 @ 2:27 am

4. What a great thing Ashley and the Bachelors did for those kids at the orphanage. Putting others before her self at a time she could have used to get in touch and spend time with the bachelors, she chose to give to the kids and in return, the “universe” will bring to her a relationship to bless her with, the way she gave a blessing to those kids!

Comment by Kathleen Beening — June 14, 2011 @ 3:36 am

5. This is how we make the world better could use kindness more often…when my next old lady check comes I will help them thanks

Comment by larison lockhart — June 14, 2011 @ 4:16 am

6. This episode made me want to go to Thailand and help more kids in need. Someone tell me how to get there, please!

Comment by Tessa — June 14, 2011 @ 8:18 pm

7. I am impressed Ashley !!! what you did for the children today spoke how BIG your heart and Soul is .Whoever you share your life with will be the Luckiest Guy in the World
    Best of Luck Ashley you are a Beauty inside and Out

Comment by Genisea — June 15, 2011 @ 2:12 am

8. This is such a great thing to have on the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I have noticed that for several of the last seasons, ABC has aired time that was spent helping give back to the communities in the countries that they go to. Watching these events really lets people know just how lucky they are and just how little is needed to make another persons life better. I mean, these kids were just happy to have beds, new shoes, and toys. Little things that we don’t even notice that we have! I am an intern for my university doing research for the summer, and as soon as I get my stipend check I will donate! I have so much respect for Ashley and the men who did this. I really love how JP said “I am forever changed.” That means he took so much from this and it is truly inspiring! Good luck Ashley, and thanks for all you did for Baan San Fan!

Comment by Amber — June 16, 2011 @ 1:01 pm

9. As a longtime viewer–and fan–of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette, this is absolutely one of the most heartwarming, classy, and totally inspiring moments ever!I am humbled by the extraordinary kindness shown by Ashley & the guys, and I am thrilled and compelled to make a donation. Thanks to all involved!!

Comment by Rick Jannett — June 16, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

10. I would like to donate clothing to the orphanage == please forward the address. Thanks!

Comment by margarete — June 19, 2011 @ 12:56 am

11. I was very touched by the story of the bachlorette and her men helping these kids. I realized i have so much & am looking for a way to help. Please do more of these. It helps us to remember that we have so much we can do. Thank you.

Comment by Suzanne — June 20, 2011 @ 8:54 pm

12. Kudos for the powers that be concerning The Batchelorette and The Batchelor for giving to this orphanage; and especially All the times they have done philanthrophic work. This puts a touch of Godly love in a seemingly gosh almighty $ sign world that we’ve come to know. Lasting love isn’t all about sexual pursuits and booze parties.

Comment by Tanya — June 21, 2011 @ 3:52 am

13. This episode of the Bachelorette was touching. It is very moving to see the guys and Ashley work to make a difference. But how come ethnic people only get on this show when these white folks do charity work? When will ABC ever cast an ethnic bachelor or bachelorette?

Comment by Sarah — June 22, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

14. Does the Ban San Fan Orphanage provide schooling for the children? I am a teacher who is interested in helping.

Comment by Kristine — June 26, 2011 @ 10:16 pm

15. It would be nice to see the vid in Canada, especially when there is an opportunity to donate to the Thailand orphanage. It would help draw more folks to the worthy cause. Please consider. Thanks, SL

Comment by Susan Salter — July 10, 2011 @ 2:41 am

16. Putting others before her self at a time she could have used to get in touch and spend time with the bachelors, she chose to give to the kids and in return, the “universe” will bring to her a relationship to bless her with, the way she gave a blessing to those kids!
    zebra pillow pet

Comment by pet supplies plus — January 18, 2012 @ 5:01 am

17. Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from
    an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog?

I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m
    thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Many thanks

Comment by xerox 8560dn printer — May 26, 2013 @ 1:00 pm